Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,720)

Showing posts 34,381 - 34,400 of43,124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, it is pH.
Second, you make no sense whatso ever about ocean acidification caused by man-made CO2 emissions.
Go home. Desert the bs.
pardon me!!! and by the way, it's "WHATSOEVER", lummox!!

sorry you couldn't understand.....the article made it pretty clear.

i am home. give up on your bullshyt theory, son.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>pardon me!!! and by the way, it's "WHATSOEVER", lummox!!
sorry you couldn't understand.....the article made it pretty clear.
i am home. give up on your bullshyt theory, son.
I don't pardon you, mom.

I said it first: desert the bs.

P.S. whatso ever is more effective than WHATSOEVER!:-)
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

Did you see that?! Denier scum rants because science hasn't claimed certainty. Then ...

Denier scum rants because science is so damn certain!

Denier scum need to get their talking points straight. LOL
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Acidification, or ph crash, is a pretty common occurrence......especially where marine life is densely populated such as hatcheries. The good news is that you can buffer the water as the article suggests. It's always worked in my koi pools, reef tanks, and fresh water aquaria.
Nothing about man made co2 in the article....or did you not notice yet automatically jump to conclusions and make connections? That kind of pseudo-science analysis really doesn't help your side of the debate.
Sounds like they've learned a lot from the calamity. I hope you've learned a little, too!:-)
Yes, the millions of cubic miles of ocean is JUST LIKE my reef tanks.

Especially when it is so overcrowded from all the overfishing.

How much bicarbonate would you recommend for the world's oceans? Will 10 pounds work or should we go ahead and add 500,000,000 pounds? Do you recommend Rolaids or Tums?

You make absolutely no sense, boy.
rahm Jizzbucket emanuel

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Can't anyone think about the polar bears! The polar bears people! Time is running out.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Acidification, or ph crash, is a pretty common occurrence......especially where marine life is densely populated such as hatcheries. The good news is that you can buffer the water as the article suggests. It's always worked in my koi pools, reef tanks, and fresh water aquaria.
Nothing about man made co2 in the article....or did you not notice yet automatically jump to conclusions and make connections? That kind of pseudo-science analysis really doesn't help your side of the debate.
Sounds like they've learned a lot from the calamity. I hope you've learned a little, too!:-)
What do you suppose is causing the decrease in pH in the ocean? Exactly how do you recommend buffering the ocean? I am understanding that either you have no scientific understanding, are simply a radical RW troll, or a paid disrupter.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

The pace of experimental refinement to man made global warming theory hasn't sped up; zero is still zero. Take the exciting upward sweep of the Keeling KurveŠ or the Hockey Stick and compare them to the flatline of climate mitigation experiments. What a bummer!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Understand folks, the poster above has published these lies here more than 41,000 times over years and years.

Fossil fuels interests have paid for these posts to fool the world about the harm of the fossil fuels being plagued on our health and our future..

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the millions of cubic miles of ocean is JUST LIKE my reef tanks.
Especially when it is so overcrowded from all the overfishing.
How much bicarbonate would you recommend for the world's oceans? Will 10 pounds work or should we go ahead and add 500,000,000 pounds? Do you recommend Rolaids or Tums?
You make absolutely no sense, boy.
lol....I made a factual observation. Buffering water will stabilize ph.
The article was speaking of hatcheries and/or specific areas of the ocean, but you choose to go with the entire volume of oceanic waters.
Okay!!! If a known solution to a problem seems so outlandish to you for the oceans.....why does mitigating a fraction of one driver in a myriad of others make sense to you for the entire planet and atmosphere?
Lol.....yeah, it's pretty warped when you put it in that perspective.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Everyone who uses energy has a fossil fuel interest. Fossil fuels aren't a plague, that's superstitious nonsense. There are byproducts from any large scale production; CO2 is one of the best byproducts available, second only to H2O formed by natural gas combustion, another beneficial fossil fuel.

Don't be a hater, or at least learn to hate carcinogens, not carbon dioxide.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suppose is causing the decrease in pH in the ocean? Exactly how do you recommend buffering the ocean? I am understanding that either you have no scientific understanding, are simply a radical RW troll, or a paid disrupter.
it could be many things, and just like climate ph varies. How will mitigation of co2 adjust ph in the oceans.....because any scientist will tell you there isn't a certainty that man made co2 is definitively responsible. It's an unproven theory......just like yours about who I am and why I'm here. Which by the way....you're completely wrong on all counts! See how theories can be so misleading. In fact, theories fail more often than proven correct.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Understand folks, the poster above has published these lies here more than 41,000 times over years and years.
Fossil fuels interests have paid for these posts to fool the world about the harm of the fossil fuels being plagued on our health and our future..
lol....you seem to be on topix much more than Brian g, but since you're unregistered it's not possible to determine if and how much. I want call you a liar like you call so many others, but misinformed......that's another story!

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
The pace of experimental refinement to man made global warming theory hasn't sped up; zero is still zero. Take the exciting upward sweep of the Keeling KurveŠ or the Hockey Stick and compare them to the flatline of climate mitigation experiments. What a bummer!
Brainless_G doesn't turn the lights out at night, he does experiments to see whether Lighted Room Mitigation works.

Results are so far inconclusive, so he's not getting much sleep....;)

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lol....you seem to be on topix much more than Brian g, but since you're unregistered it's not possible to determine if and how much. I want call you a liar like you call so many others, but misinformed......that's another story!
Yes, you are misinformed, in adddition to being a troll and an asshat. Registration hasn't solved any of your problems, sad to say....:)
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]..... experimental refinement.....hasn't sped up.....[/QUOTE]

The slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms & alleged & proud threats of 'lyin' brian' have not sped up. But 'lyin' brian' remains a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Don't be a hater....[/QUOTE]
'lyin' brian' says don't be a hater when sending out slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms & alleged & proud threats

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are misinformed, in adddition to being a troll and an asshat. Registration hasn't solved any of your problems, sad to say....:)
checking in for your daily opinionated and unfactual rant so early, little nazi?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>it could be many things, and just like climate ph varies. How will mitigation of co2 adjust ph in the oceans.....because any scientist will tell you there isn't a certainty that man made co2 is definitively responsible. It's an unproven theory......just like yours about who I am and why I'm here. Which by the way....you're completely wrong on all counts! See how theories can be so misleading. In fact, theories fail more often than proven correct.
I stand by my statement that you are either ignorant of science, a radical RW troll, or a paid industrial disrupter. CO2 does indeed cause a drop in the pH of the ocean because it forms a weak acid in the presence of water. Since man is indeed adding to the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, some of that "extra" CO2 makes it to the ocean where it forms an acid and lowers the pH. Can you dispute this?

I am sure you will try, but you cannot because it is a known scientific phenomenon. If you attempt to do so, either you are scientifically ignorant or are simply trying to deny science.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Seems China are now willing to put their toe in the water on cap n trade. Not that they have been planning this all along, the US was stupid not to sign the Kyoto protocol. It would have given the US tremendous economic advantage over the Chinese. Now they feel geared up enough for industry not to take that big hit putting them at a disadvantage.
It was always going to happen, yet fossil fuel interests in the US has prevented progress at every turn. It's time to drown out the "Brian's" of this world and give common sense a voice.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lol....you seem to be on topix much more than Brian g, but since you're unregistered it's not possible to determine if and how much. I want call you a liar like you call so many others, but misinformed......that's another story!
LOL.

"want call"..???

You "want" call, will you? Hahaha you "want" laugh...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 34,381 - 34,400 of43,124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Stina2 96,212
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,036,276
Abby 4-23 4 min _Annabella_ 12
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Frijoles 65,499
Amy 4-23 7 min _Annabella_ 21
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 8 min Dream Crystal 7,554
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 11 min Dream Crystal 1,024
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••