Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63930 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36252 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>:).....i'm glad you posted that instead of me. you're really sharp, aren't you, son?
lol
This a-hole deserves no responses. Don't bother. He's a pathological liar and a troll that repeats proven lies endlessly, never acknowledges refutations, and refuses to support his claims or retract them.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36253 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>just in case you wonder why people ignore you......maybe it's because you prefer talking to yourself.
at least you get the answers you need when doing so, huh, son?
This a-hole deserves no responses. Don't bother. He's a pathological liar and a troll that repeats proven lies endlessly, never acknowledges refutations, and refuses to support his claims or retract them.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#36254 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>show me the study that man made c02 will cause climate change, son!
it's your theory.
where is the study....where is the evidence that mitigating it will do anything?
can you show me.....what mitigation will do....good or bad?
I can't show you one.

I COULD show you hundreds, probably, but if you haven't found them yet, nothing I show you will count.

Because all you're going to do is deny and lie.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#36255 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>can you show me the study that gives evidence that man made co2 causes tornadoes?
Not my argument; you've confused me with someone else.

As far as I know the jury is still out.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#36256 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>show me the study that man made c02 will cause climate change, son!
it's your theory.
where is the study....where is the evidence that mitigating it will do anything?
Why do you deniers keep posting the same moronic crap. Mitigation is all about reducing climate impact just the same as chlorination for water is about killing off nasties in our water supply. It's the same illogical crap you guys keep posting day in day out with out being able to decipher any scientific big picture concepts.

Here is a site which will answer all your stupid questions:
They are all there, pretty much every question raised in your posts as far back as you like.

http://grist.org/series/skeptics/

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#36257 Jun 4, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't show you one.
I COULD show you hundreds, probably, but if you haven't found them yet, nothing I show you will count.
Because all you're going to do is deny and lie.
what do you expect? you keep insisting pigs can fly.....so show me your evidence, son.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#36258 Jun 4, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text> This a-hole deserves no responses. Don't bother. He's a pathological liar and a troll that repeats proven lies endlessly, never acknowledges refutations, and refuses to support his claims or retract them.
you were posting these exact words under bushwhacker on the other thread.

are you finally coming out of the closet, sweetie?

i always knew you were 'that way'

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#36259 Jun 4, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you deniers keep posting the same moronic crap. Mitigation is all about reducing climate impact just the same as chlorination for water is about killing off nasties in our water supply. It's the same illogical crap you guys keep posting day in day out with out being able to decipher any scientific big picture concepts.
Here is a site which will answer all your stupid questions:
They are all there, pretty much every question raised in your posts as far back as you like.
http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
wow, oz!!! that's quite a cheat sheet. since it's so long on telling you how to tell your opinions, could you save me some time and tell me where on the sheet i might find the part about the studies that show what mitigation will do for altering climate change?

while your at it....can you tell me if a study shows that all climate change is bad instead of some beneficial outcomes?

thanks!!
litesong

Camano Island, WA

#36260 Jun 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
That's all, folks.
Correction:
Th-th-that's all, folks.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36262 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>what do you expect? you keep insisting pigs can fly.....so show me your evidence, son.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36263 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you were posting these exact words under bushwhacker on the other thread.
are you finally coming out of the closet, sweetie?
i always knew you were 'that way'
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36264 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>wow, oz!!! that's quite a cheat sheet. since it's so long on telling you how to tell your opinions, could you save me some time and tell me where on the sheet i might find the part about the studies that show what mitigation will do for altering climate change?
while your at it....can you tell me if a study shows that all climate change is bad instead of some beneficial outcomes?
thanks!!
Retired Farmer

Paducah, KY

#36265 Jun 5, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#36266 Jun 5, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
Its all part of the natural cycle... Now they plant seed annually and hope it doesn't turn to dust or drown under 3ft of water. Not to mention all the other damage along the way with extreme weather on infrastructure and its social impact on rural communities.
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/impacts-adap...
Nice to know that there are some things even CAGW doesn't change.
Dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#36267 Jun 5, 2013
Retired Farmer wrote:
I am growing quite fond of that word..." Alarming".

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36269 Jun 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
it's your theory.
The knowledge that certain gases such as C02 have a 'greenhouse effect' on the climate goes back to the 19th century, fool. You're not REALLY this ignorant, are you?

Tell me you're not.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36270 Jun 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>wow, oz!!! that's quite a cheat sheet. since it's so long on telling you how to tell your opinions, could you save me some time and tell me where on the sheet i might find the part about the studies that show what mitigation will do for altering climate change?
thanks!!
"Mitigation," straight out of the Brainless_G playbook....LOL
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#36271 Jun 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>exactly, son.
glad you read something that helped you realize the fact.
one more ideologue bites the dust.
Jeff Davis

Paducah, KY

#36272 Jun 6, 2013
Japanese are doing solar and it works for them, so why can't we do it too?
Jeff Davis

Paducah, KY

#36273 Jun 6, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Well 1,564,139
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr General Kabaka Oba 52,056
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Bill of Rights 242,242
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr SweLL GirL 11,013
Maxwell street ghosts 17 hr Anonymous 3
I'm Johnny towing 17 hr Anonymous 1
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 17 hr Anonymous 67

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages