Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,703)

Showing posts 34,041 - 34,060 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

This is an open statement to all the Apostles of CAGW. I was once an Apostate who had left the fold in search of a new truth. I believe I am ready to return and accept The CO2 Knob as our salvation.

One might ask...'What made you see the error of your way, my child?'
The answer is GOOGLE.
Yes, I typed the following and all my questions were answered:
Global warming and Mental Illness.

Yes! Praise the CO2 Knob! Studies show CAGW CAUSES MENTAL ILLNESS.
This explaines everything. If CAGW believers are mentally ill then it is likely that CAGW CAUSED IT... This proves CAGW is real.

It is good to be back among The True Believers.
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

The Vacuous SpaceCase wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another tediously pointless and inane troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Flagging trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

That's cute. Start a day fresh with trolls.

They don't learn but folks could learn from:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Lindzen-Choi-...

and the video in it. So Teddy 'are' wrong.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>take it however you want, son. Your posts show pretty clearly that your belief system has nothing to do with facts.
I'm sure to a Denier troll, that makes sense...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's your science?
That's your best answer? LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Weather is always chaotic, even without man's contribution to atmospheric CO2. We oppose your climate change mitigation schemes because there's no experimental evidence it can work or won't cause more harm than good.
Only a true moron would think that "mitigation" would make something worse or "do more harm than good," in your words.

mit·i·gate (mtgt)
v. mit·i·gat·ed, mit·i·gat·ing, mit·i·gates
v.tr.
To moderate (a quality or condition) in force or intensity; alleviate. See Synonyms at relieve.
v.intr.
To become milder.

Unless you think that "alleviate," "moderate," or "milder" are synonymous with "to cause harm."

LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
Really... Try it!:-) You will find that Global Warming causes everything one can think of; which makes CAGW... unfalsifiable.
-koolaid
P.S. this is so fun!
Strawmen don't make things "unfalsifiable," sorry...:)
My Perspective My Choice

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

And I tell the truth here: I am trading my Ford F250 dually on a new F350 dually with the biggest diesel engine Ford makes today. I will strip off the economy-robbing pollution garbage on the engine just like I have every other vehicle I have ever owned (yep, got the warranty concerns covered too). I have a huge toy hauler for ATV's and camping. Then, off to Wyoming, Montana, and South Dakota to scout spots for hunting antelope and mule deer. Oh... I will also do a great deal of fishing and varmint hunting while on this expedition. After, I will return to my home in the country and my comfy office in a downtown high rise. Do I have a point? No, other than watching the global whiners rant about what a demon people like me are. Since I have as many (probably more) degrees than the most educated of the whiners, I will simply "dismiss" and "fire" them... as if that means anything on an anonymous and public forum. It is so funny how emotional global whiners are, and the folks they label as "deniers" maintain their sense of humor. Brian_G, keep up the good comments and posts.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

TrollingBot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Troll. Ignore me.
Another tediously pointless and inane troll...
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

The Eedjit Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another tediously juvenile and inane troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Flagging trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
FBI

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Arne Marco wrote:
What we normally forget when talking about the amount of CO2, is the significance it has for the human (and other creatures) health. Above 425 ppm in the atmossphere the healthproblems will become more servere, because the blood will slowly be more acid. This will affect bloodpressure etc.
BTW: President Johnson was informed in 1965 about the dangers in increasing the amount of CO2.
Don't worry my fellow downtown New Yorkers there will be another Superstorm long before you drink CO2. That will be the final nail in the floatsom for you. If that does not happen a tsunami will. While we are all waiting for the demise you will likely have many power outages this summer due to the overuse of AC and all the nasty things that go along with over heating the BOD.
Hav a nice day
FBI

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
We also forget about the ocean absorbing carbon which increases its acidity and the effects on sea life, coral reefs, etc. Even without global warming due to increased carbon dumping, we are doomed if our oceans die.
don't forget about all the poop farts coming from the thawing permafrost

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure to a Denier troll, that makes sense...
because its factual, I can see why you wouldn't accept it.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

My Perspective My Choice wrote:
And I tell the truth here: I am trading my Ford F250 dually on a new F350 dually with the biggest diesel engine Ford makes today. I will strip off the economy-robbing pollution garbage on the engine just like I have every other vehicle I have ever owned (yep, got the warranty concerns covered too). I have a huge toy hauler for ATV's and camping. Then, off to Wyoming, Montana, and South Dakota to scout spots for hunting antelope and mule deer. Oh... I will also do a great deal of fishing and varmint hunting while on this expedition. After, I will return to my home in the country and my comfy office in a downtown high rise. Do I have a point? No, other than watching the global whiners rant about what a demon people like me are. Since I have as many (probably more) degrees than the most educated of the whiners, I will simply "dismiss" and "fire" them... as if that means anything on an anonymous and public forum. It is so funny how emotional global whiners are, and the folks they label as "deniers" maintain their sense of humor. Brian_G, keep up the good comments and posts.
Have a great trip! I haven't been to Yellowstone since '08, but plan to go in August. Yes, Brian G keeps swatting the pesky gnats with no emotion whatsoever. He makes it look even easier than it is.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

University of Mainz in Germany surveyed climate scientists and found only 10% claimed climate models are "sufficiently accurate" and a mere 15% said that "climatic processes are understood enough" to allow climate to be calculated.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
Only a true moron would think that "mitigation" would make something worse or "do more harm than good," in your words.
mit·i·gate (mtgt)
v. mit·i·gat·ed, mit·i·gat·ing, mit·i·gates
v.tr.
To moderate (a quality or condition) in force or intensity; alleviate. See Synonyms at relieve.
v.intr.
To become milder.
Unless you think that "alleviate," "moderate," or "milder" are synonymous with "to cause harm." LOL
That's advertising jargon, just because you call taxing our fossil fuel use, capping our CO2 emissions, spending taxpayer dollars on green energy and carbon sinks doesn't mean it will do any good at all. There's no way to tell without experimental tests.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
University of Mainz in Germany surveyed climate scientists and found only 10% claimed climate models are "sufficiently accurate" and a mere 15% said that "climatic processes are understood enough" to allow climate to be calculated.
Meaningless.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Have a great trip! I haven't been to Yellowstone since '08, but plan to go in August. Yes, Brian G keeps swatting the pesky gnats with no emotion whatsoever. He makes it look even easier than it is.
Yes, you are twin-b_gone.

No wonder you are also irrelevant and sans science.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's advertising jargon, just because you call taxing our fossil fuel use, capping our CO2 emissions, spending taxpayer dollars on green energy and carbon sinks doesn't mean it will do any good at all. There's no way to tell without experimental tests.
haha you did not comprehend his post.

This is why "they" are replacing you with ritey, no? On the other hand, it's a twin sans science. Maybe to double your irrelevance.

Trolling is the denier game, yes?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

My Perspective My Choice wrote:
Does it ever make you wonder the very things you love about nature right now you are helping to destroy by an obsession with BS. You expect your government to protect you yet will no co-operate with government rules because you feel it doesn't apply to you. Same as driving 100 in a 60 zone, its all about the freedom.

Well good luck with your camping trip and enjoy the view because not long into the future the same view will only be from snapshots.
Especially once the fracking drillers and oil companies go wandering around in national parks to keep up with your addiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 34,041 - 34,060 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Hymen Ripper 1,078,302
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Eric 68,352
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Mark 174,455
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 44 min voice of peace 67,846
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 1 hr Guess what 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr HoneyBear1 97,510
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr KrisChristie 1,855
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••