Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
32,161 - 32,180 of 46,243 Comments Last updated 41 min ago
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

'phud fetid feces face fiend' flopped:
Love the bad judements it is a sign of their scientific science fiction defeat.
//////////
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Quit wasting bandwidth.
//////////
litesong wrote:
No other toxic topix AGW deniers waste bandwidth, supporting either 'large lying language' or 'phud fetid feces face fiend'.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LOL!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
Lost.
Yes, you are lost.

What a girl like you doing in a place like this?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are lost.
I'm a man, stupid. What is a wannabe-adult child doing in a place like this?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a man[????],[namecalling]. What is a [namecalling] doing in a place like this?
You inform the wider world to that conclusion with your correspondence involving the other troll... LOL.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
The IPCC and climate scientists are often accused of "alarmism", but clearly Brysse et al. demonstrates that these accusations are wholly unfounded and misplaced.
"Our analysis of the available studies suggests that if a bias is operative in the work of climate scientists, it is in the direction of under-predicting, rather than over-predicting, the rate and extent of anthropogenic climate change."
In fact, Brysse et al. suggest that these frequent accusations of "alarmism" and other climate contrarian attacks on climate scientists may be one reason why climate scientists have under-predicted climate change, or erred on the side of least drama.
"The frequent attacks on Stephen Schneider—as well as attacks on other climate scientists such as Benjamin Santer and Michael Mann—suggests that one possible reason why scientists may have underestimated the threat of anthropogenic warming is the fear that if they don’t, they will be accused by contrarians (as was Schneider) of being alarmist fear-mongers. That is to say, pressure from skeptics and contrarians and the risk of being accused of alarmism may have caused scientists to understate their results."
Seems their tactics might be working.
Why was it that the information was redacted from the mid-western
college where the scientific information was skewered to project that there was a global warming instead of just a climate change that was normal for millions of years? They just adjust the information to suite whomever would give more money to the college in this case it was Al Gore, who has become a billionaire while still flying his jet all over the world, which was equal to millions of cars emissions and pollutants. HYPOCRITE!!! Both Al Gore and the colleges where the studies were done at.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The bigger troll would be you the spaced out spacedoutblues.Take a bow you made the top #1 position in the TROLL WORLD.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You inform the wider world to that conclusion with your correspondence involving the other troll... LOL.
Oh I know you child! That desperate desire to get the whole world on your side, unsure about yourself, and can't actually refute the truthful claims of an elder, poor you!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

During the period from 2005 to 2008, inclusively, ExxonMobil supplied the science denying community with just under 9 million dollars, while the Koch Brothers kicked in something closer to 25 million dollars to the effort to discredit climate science and climate scientist. One of these well funded efforts is known to most people as “Climate Gate,” a bought and paid for attempt to defame Professor Michael Mann of Pennsylvania University, and climate science in general, by Watergating a large number of emails and cherry picking them to make it appear, falsely, that climate scientist were up to no good.(source, The Independent, 1/24/13)

According to Drexel University sociologist, Robert Brulle,

… approximately $500m has been donated to groups dedicated to casting doubt on the science of climate change, with a large proportion of this money arriving via third party organisations.…“We really have anonymous giving and unaccountable power being exercised here in the creation of the climate counter-movement. There is no attribution, no responsibility for the actions of these foundations to the public.”
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was it that the information was redacted from the mid-western
college where the scientific information was skewered to project that there was a global warming instead of just a climate change that was normal for millions of years? They just adjust the information to suite whomever would give more money to the college in this case it was Al Gore, who has become a billionaire while still flying his jet all over the world, which was equal to millions of cars emissions and pollutants. HYPOCRITE!!! Both Al Gore and the colleges where the studies were done at.
What information?
Which mid-western college?
Which scientific information?
Who are "they"?
"suite"?
Which colleges?
The studies were done where? at?

Congratulations, you are one of the many, many anti-capitalists who begrudge a man making a little money spreading information to the ignorant masses, of which you, yourself, are a part.

i.e..........YOU'VE BEEN GORED!!!
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
'large lying language' luffed:
I'm a man, stupid.
//////////
litesong wrote:
'large lying language' freely admitted that it was a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
SpaceBlues...... Why won't it admit that it is a girl?
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Large lying language wrote:
....claims of an elder.....
'large lying language' did admit that it was a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Space Blues wrote:
<quoted text>What a girl like you doing in a place like this?
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a man, stupid. What is a wannabe-adult child doing in a place like this?
I think LargeLanguage said he was just gay.
I know there was something about "gay" in one of his posts.
LOL.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
During the period from 2005 to 2008, inclusively, ExxonMobil supplied the science denying community with just under 9 million dollars, while the Koch Brothers kicked in something closer to 25 million dollars to the effort to discredit climate science and climate scientist. One of these well funded efforts is known to most people as “Climate Gate,” a bought and paid for attempt to defame Professor Michael Mann of Pennsylvania University, and climate science in general, by Watergating a large number of emails and cherry picking them to make it appear, falsely, that climate scientist were up to no good.(source, The Independent, 1/24/13)
According to Drexel University sociologist, Robert Brulle,
… approximately $500m has been donated to groups dedicated to casting doubt on the science of climate change, with a large proportion of this money arriving via third party organisations.…“We really have anonymous giving and unaccountable power being exercised here in the creation of the climate counter-movement. There is no attribution, no responsibility for the actions of these foundations to the public.”
What sums can traitor deniers prove are lining the pockets of climatologists? Have they produced any pictures of Mann's mansions or Cook's Cobra GT?

Doubt is their product, bullshit is their language.
Big Guy

Chester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Global warming is bs
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
'large lying language' luffed:
I'm a man, stupid.
//////////
litesong wrote:
'large lying language' freely admitted that it was a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
SpaceBlues...... Why won't it admit that it is a girl?
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOL.
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOL.
So Wallop11 returned did he? We thought you were dead!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big Guy wrote:
Global warming is bs
Like I said, bullshit is their language.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Global warming cooling climate change is scientific science fiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago