Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
32,141 - 32,160 of 46,292 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
litesong

Everett, WA

#34045 Jan 29, 2013
large lying language wrote:
So the scientists don't make mistakes?
"large lying language", who is part of the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS), voluminously makes mistakes.... no question mark about it!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34046 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Different confused and confusing predictions.
TINY language

Wow, isn't THAT a detailed, specific, comprehensive, documented refutation!

Yes, scientists are human & make mistakes. That's why you have to look at the totality of what's happening.

Science is self-corrective because of, among other things, the processes of peer review, verification & repeatability of results. If a scientist is wrong, others come along & find those mistakes. The truth ALWAYS comes out. It may take time, but it ALWAYS comes out.

If you can refute the science, please refute it. Otherwise you'll never be taken seriously on a science forum.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34047 Jan 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"large lying language", who is part of the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS), voluminously makes mistakes.... no question mark about it!
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34048 Jan 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HOHOHOHOHOHOH
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
HEHEHEHEHEHEH
litesong

Everett, WA

#34049 Jan 29, 2013
itesong wrote:
//////////
'large lying language' luffs:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HOHOHOHOHOHOH
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
HEHEHEHEHEHEH
//////////
litesong wrote:
The voluminous, yet empty laughter of a kkk (ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) miscreant, who chose poorly.

http://www.google.com/search...
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#34050 Jan 29, 2013
SpaceCase wrote:
<quoted text>NO, you are the name caller and the hot head.
Go back and read the sequence and realize you owe me apologies.
Carry on with your troll bot. You don't know what many think when you don't even know you are wrong.
You can't even stand on your own two feet, obviously. You have to bring "oh noes!"
I guess I was wrong, then.

You really don't have the honor, integrity, or basic civility to admit your post put words in my mouth I never posted, and presumed to rip me for views you have no basis for assuming I hold - and offer the apology properly due.

Disappointing.

And now you have the gall to demand an apology from me? For what, exactly? In what way way do you feel I have injured you? Tell me - and I'll consider it.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34051 Jan 29, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>They all steal the money of America.
Can you prove that?

I thought not.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34052 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't stealing the money of america, Obama is.
Can you prove that?

I thought not.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34053 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gullible.
OOOOO! What a powerful rebuttal!

Do you have some facts to go with that?

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#34054 Jan 29, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I witnessed that circus.
Ted has apparently forgotten Muller's recent BEST study, which was statistics, and concluded that there was a very STRONG case for AGW.
Watts was excited about Muller's study and promised to agree with his results whichever way it went.

All forgotten after Muller concluded his results agreed with NASA's.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#34055 Jan 29, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I was wrong, then.
You really don't have the honor, integrity, or basic civility to admit your post put words in my mouth I never posted, and presumed to rip me for views you have no basis for assuming I hold - and offer the apology properly due.
Disappointing.
And now you have the gall to demand an apology from me? For what, exactly? In what way way do you feel I have injured you? Tell me - and I'll consider it.
np.

Good night.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34056 Jan 30, 2013
litesong wrote:
itesong wrote:
//////////
'large lying language' luffs:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HOHOHOHOHOHOH
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
HEHEHEHEHEHEH
//////////
litesong wrote:
The voluminous, yet empty laughter of a kkk (ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) miscreant, who chose poorly.
http://www.google.com/search...
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34057 Jan 30, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watts was excited about Muller's study and promised to agree with his results whichever way it went.
No that is not what Mr. Muller said.Try again. And its Mr. Muller not just Muller.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34058 Jan 30, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you hate it when that happens, Mr. Watts?

Yes, he does.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#34059 Jan 30, 2013
The IPCC and climate scientists are often accused of "alarmism", but clearly Brysse et al. demonstrates that these accusations are wholly unfounded and misplaced.

"Our analysis of the available studies suggests that if a bias is operative in the work of climate scientists, it is in the direction of under-predicting, rather than over-predicting, the rate and extent of anthropogenic climate change."

In fact, Brysse et al. suggest that these frequent accusations of "alarmism" and other climate contrarian attacks on climate scientists may be one reason why climate scientists have under-predicted climate change, or erred on the side of least drama.

"The frequent attacks on Stephen Schneider—as well as attacks on other climate scientists such as Benjamin Santer and Michael Mann—suggests that one possible reason why scientists may have underestimated the threat of anthropogenic warming is the fear that if they don’t, they will be accused by contrarians (as was Schneider) of being alarmist fear-mongers. That is to say, pressure from skeptics and contrarians and the risk of being accused of alarmism may have caused scientists to understate their results."

Seems their tactics might be working.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34060 Jan 30, 2013
Lost.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34061 Jan 30, 2013
Well it’s because they reply with scientific science fiction.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#34062 Jan 30, 2013
Oh well.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34063 Jan 30, 2013
Love the bad judements it is a sign of their scientific science fiction defeat.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#34064 Jan 30, 2013
PHD wrote:
Love the bad judements it is a sign of their scientific science fiction defeat.
Quit wasting bandwidth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 min Corrupt Democrats 1,902
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Obskeptic 177,350
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Grey Ghost 1,099,857
The monkey in the room 18 min hands on AR 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min JOEL 68,947
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min James 68,351
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,462
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE