Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,362
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
PHD

Overton, TX

#33857 Jan 25, 2013
They learned their scientific science fiction from the teachers. It's a vicious circle of scientific science fiction depending who receive the largest tax dollar.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#33858 Jan 25, 2013
Nrthie wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of Arctic sea ice has vanished since measurements began in the late 1950s.
http:/nsidc.org/cryosphere/sot c/sea_ice.html
thanks.

Location hidden

#33859 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no facts.
What, you can't read graphs? To understand "hard" science, you simply HAVE to be able to read graphs.

That graph shows Arctic Ocean icepack volume simply COLLAPSING at a very, very high rate. There simply isn't any doubt.

If you are unable to do a google search, what exactly are you doing at a computer? There are also a whole bunch of live links on the page to other graphs & explanation. If you don't understand science but want to comment on a science thread, why don't you ask someone to explain it to you?

Location hidden

#33860 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Lol, science fiction again eh BOY?
And here's a link to a lay press article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/au...

Location hidden

#33861 Jan 25, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect, they are so bad that professors and teachers refuse to accept them as a source. That they have a history of false entries.
The fact that so many can input could push it to the truth but it can and has pushed it the other way. If you look at the numbers you would discover that Wikipedia has become static in the number and type of those who contribute. Similar in demographics and even views which is not a receipe for accuracy.
Of course if you don't believe me then ask Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifi...
http://www.wikipedia-is-wrong.com/
And?

I didn't say Wiki was perfect, I said the large number of posters tended to push it toward the truth.

It's still way, way, way, way, WAY more reliable than the average denier or tabloid site deniers usually post here. It's also easier to understand than scientific journal articles but DOES have links to them so you can read the original after getting general background from Wiki. It remains a very good place to start.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33862 Jan 25, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
I didn't say Wiki was perfect, I said the large number of posters tended to push it toward the truth.
It's still way, way, way, way, WAY more reliable than the average denier or tabloid site deniers usually post here. It's also easier to understand than scientific journal articles but DOES have links to them so you can read the original after getting general background from Wiki. It remains a very good place to start.
Agree.

This is a recurrring theme with tina. It's part of her antiscience stance because she has no science or mathematics.

She's promoting a parallel system where antiscience fights science.
litesong

Everett, WA

#33864 Jan 25, 2013
'large lying language' wrote:
Lol, science fiction again eh BOY?
/////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
What's BOY?
////////
litesong wrote:
'large lying language' thinks its before the Civil War & it is looking for slaves to kill.'large lying language' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
litesong

Everett, WA

#33865 Jan 25, 2013
"phud fetid feces face fiend" flopped forth:
science fiction from the teachers......
//////////
litesong wrote:
"phud fetid feces face fiend" never had a teacher so it could get a science or mathematics degree. "phud fetid feces face fiend" never had a teacher to teach him upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for his poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33867 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to mimic a 2 year old now?..
No, I am not but I am smart, are you?
PHD

Overton, TX

#33868 Jan 26, 2013
litesong wrote:
"phud fetid feces face fiend" flopped forth:
science fiction from the teachers......
//////////
litesong wrote:
"phud fetid feces face fiend" never had a teacher so it could get a science or mathematics degree. "phud fetid feces face fiend" never had a teacher to teach him upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for his poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa!
And you think topix doesnít know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again
PHD

Overton, TX

#33869 Jan 26, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, I am not but I am smart, are you?
Well if you consider scientific science fiction cut and paste useless babble smart than you win hands down.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#33870 Jan 26, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text> Well if you consider scientific science fiction cut and paste useless babble smart than you win hands down.
More science friction. Whaxk. Whackxxx.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33871 Jan 26, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you wearing head protection before you got whacked?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#33872 Jan 26, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Are you wearing head protection before you got whacked?
PHD

Overton, TX

#33873 Jan 26, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you going to wear head gear next time?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33874 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
What, you can't read graphs? To understand "hard" science, you simply HAVE to be able to read graphs.
That graph shows Arctic Ocean icepack volume simply COLLAPSING at a very, very high rate. There simply isn't any doubt.
If you are unable to do a google search, what exactly are you doing at a computer? There are also a whole bunch of live links on the page to other graphs & explanation. If you don't understand science but want to comment on a science thread, why don't you ask someone to explain it to you?
How were the graphs calculated? Still no explaination.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33875 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
And here's a link to a lay press article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/au...
The artic only loses ice because or the plates moving and shifting the ice away probably. And I'm sure the Ice would return. And the animals walking across the ice wear it out anyway.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33876 Jan 26, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>First I don't have to prove anything to you. You do a fine job proving that it is all scientific science fiction. Second you spoke of riches I agreed with the exception that riches does not necessary include money, cars, boats airplanes and mansions. Itís your issue that you are a small minded person. Your last sentence explains it all. You suffer from what is called the rodent effect. Your back is against the wall so you launch a personal attack. See you don't have a clue what youíre talking about. Now you need to shut your pie hole. See I do respond in kind.
It's a fact that you are a short, bald, albino hunchback with 6 toes on each foot. I can say anything I want as fact. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. So that makes it true.

You came up with the accusation that AGW was a fraud and that the scientists were getting rich off it. The burden of proof is on you to back that up.

But, really, you have answered the question. You failed to produce any evidence for your statement.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33877 Jan 26, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fact that you are a short, bald, albino hunchback with 6 toes on each foot. I can say anything I want as fact. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. So that makes it true.
You came up with the accusation that AGW was a fraud and that the scientists were getting rich off it. The burden of proof is on you to back that up.
But, really, you have answered the question. You failed to produce any evidence for your statement.
And as you say I can say anything I want as fact. Do you think your one of those cut above all? And you really really answered the question you are a mental midget with no burden of proof other than cut and paste scientific science fiction useless babble. Now put on your big boy, girl pants and do show your entire peer reviewed published work.
Just curious are you one of those ambulance chasing lawyers?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33878 Jan 26, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>And as you say I can say anything I want as fact. Do you think your one of those cut above all? And you really really answered the question you are a mental midget with no burden of proof other than cut and paste scientific science fiction useless babble. Now put on your big boy, girl pants and do show your entire peer reviewed published work.
Just curious are you one of those ambulance chasing lawyers?
Peer reviewed science fiction involved the theory of humans with 6 toes. His peers involved in the experiment, how many of them had 6 toes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holiday Greetings 8 min Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 25 min Negras all 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 182,176
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,156,210
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 4 hr Tim 146
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?