Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
31,961 - 31,980 of 45,847 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have statistics? The north pole isn't melting!
You must love statistics. Why the data include all kinds of measurements including those that satellites produce. We've been sharing even movies in this forum.

There have been many threads on this topic that I posted about. However, the North pole isn't seeing any sun right now. Catch some daily reports from litesong in various threads. He even covered the weather at the Baniff Island, Teddy's place.:-)
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just nonsense that there's money in supporting AGW/CC theory.
You're claiming no one is pulling down huge taxpayer-subsidized profits off selling these?

http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/01/16/ju...
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You must love statistics. Why the data include all kinds of measurements including those that satellites produce. We've been sharing even movies in this forum.
There have been many threads on this topic that I posted about. However, the North pole isn't seeing any sun right now. Catch some daily reports from litesong in various threads. He even covered the weather at the Baniff Island, Teddy's place.:-)
Hasn't been seeing any sun? The earth always goes round, it would have seen just as much sun! We want real stats, not science fiction stats from your novels!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Hasn't been seeing any sun? The earth always goes round, it would have seen just as much sun! We want real stats, not science fiction stats from your novels!
It's winter in the Northern hemisphere. Why is that?

I think you are confused about statistics. It's a necessary tool to study real measurement data.

Novels don't deal with statistics, do they? You get hot under the collar when it's time to learn something new. I'm not responsible for your ignorance, you are.

You could be at least friendly.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people? Nothing wrong with it is the experts do it! People can get educated! Cool the earth, don't try to stop the heat. Make the earth itself cooler with chemicals! The earth can be cooled!
People do get educated and trained and experienced. You had difficulty understanding what I was saying. read it again and again when that happens.

You mentioned the experts. Some experts, I mean scientists, are doing research about reversing the harm done by man-made global warming. In your life, do you keep eating the candy that makes you very sick?

Or do you take chemicals so you keep on eating the candy that makes you ill? Then what happens? Many problems happen including side effects and new diseases.

We must face the cause and deal with it. The cause of global warming is fossil fuel burning and its emissions into our air that we breath.

Think about it. Perhaps you worry about yourself only. If you are very rich, how did you become it? Was it by polluting the air that you breath?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>It's winter in the Northern hemisphere. Why is that?
I think you are confused about statistics. It's a necessary tool to study real measurement data.
Novels don't deal with statistics, do they? You get hot under the collar when it's time to learn something new. I'm not responsible for your ignorance, you are.
You could be at least friendly.
Its the same reason its summer here for its the same reason its winter in the northern hemisphere! Its simply the seasons! Ice skating in summer?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>People do get educated and trained and experienced. You had difficulty understanding what I was saying. read it again and again when that happens.
You mentioned the experts. Some experts, I mean scientists, are doing research about reversing the harm done by man-made global warming. In your life, do you keep eating the candy that makes you very sick?
Or do you take chemicals so you keep on eating the candy that makes you ill? Then what happens? Many problems happen including side effects and new diseases.
We must face the cause and deal with it. The cause of global warming is fossil fuel burning and its emissions into our air that we breath.
Think about it. Perhaps you worry about yourself only. If you are very rich, how did you become it? Was it by polluting the air that you breath?
It doesn't necessarily come from fossil fuels does it? And we can still make the earth cooler! The sun gets cooler too!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
At least we've managed D-T reaction in certain machines but not reactions with He-3. I frankly think you are way off in your optimism dealing with alpha particles and protons for power production. You could read more carefully your link, especially study the comparison table.
There are fundamental problems like power density that Teddy hinted.
I'm aware of those problems. I only quoted the most optimistic about the 70% efficiency number, & lots of other people think that's wildly over-optimistic.

That's why I repeated the old joke about fusion power ALWAYS being 30 year away. Still, the Indians & Chinese have both made He-3 a focus of their lunar research. That tells you something, doesn't it?

It's the rarity of He-3 on the earth that has contributed to the lack of fusion research with it. It's much, much more common on the moon. Still, even those areas have only ~15-40 PPB He-3, so a LOT of mining & extraction would have to be done in situ before transport back to earth.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware of those problems. I only quoted the most optimistic about the 70% efficiency number, & lots of other people think that's wildly over-optimistic.
That's why I repeated the old joke about fusion power ALWAYS being 30 year away. Still, the Indians & Chinese have both made He-3 a focus of their lunar research. That tells you something, doesn't it?
It's the rarity of He-3 on the earth that has contributed to the lack of fusion research with it. It's much, much more common on the moon. Still, even those areas have only ~15-40 PPB He-3, so a LOT of mining & extraction would have to be done in situ before transport back to earth.
Reflecting sunlight would work!
Norman

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Dont people know history repeats itself?? Northern Africa was a beautiful lush paradise 15,000 years ago. As things progressed and the hunters and gatherers moved into that area and the permanent capfires dotted the land for literally more than a million sqr miles , enviromental warming changed a paradise to a sand hell. WAKE UP PEOPLE!! It happened before and will happen world wide this time! History repeats itself!!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

The black people are the invadors! KILL THEM ALL!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

large lying language wrote:
The north pole isn't melting!
During September, the Arctic Ice Pack has been losing 670 cubic kilometers of ice per year, at a strongly accelerating rate. As of the beginning of January 2013, Arctic Ice Pack is 11% less than it was last January 2012.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
the North pole isn't seeing any sun right now.
//////////
Hasn't been seeing any sun?
//////////
litesong wrote:
The North Pole has been in darkness for 4 months, with present average temperatures at -27degC.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

The black people are the invadors(sic)! KILL THEM ALL!
'large lying language' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.

As Snohomish Native Tribe member, the euros & transplanted euros invaded purposefully & stole & transported slaves in other ships(those that didn't die from starvation & lack of care on the way over). Kill all the euro & transplanted euro invaders(spelled correctly).
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
You could at least be friendly.
//////////
'large lying language' wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
SpaceBlues.......... No! It can't.
gcaveman1

Forest, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people? Nothing wrong with it is the experts do it! People can get educated! Cool the earth, don't try to stop the heat. Make the earth itself cooler with chemicals! The earth can be cooled!
I got cool myself once with chemicals. A little acid, some mescaline, some Quaaludes; I was cool.

Educated me too. On what life was about, and our mortal coil....

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have statistics? The north pole isn't melting!
It's lost about 30% of its ice since 1970, and that is accelerating...

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/201...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nrthie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of Arctic sea ice has vanished since measurements began in the late 1950s.
http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/sotc/sea_ice.html
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree....... if you're accounting by Arctic sea ice area loss. However, by accounting Arctic sea ice VOLUME loss at September low, a full 84% of Arctic sea ice VOLUME has disappeared....... & as you say, accelerating.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
SpaceBlues wrote:
You could at least be friendly.
//////////
'large lying language' wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
SpaceBlues.......... No! It can't.
//////////
'phud fetid feces face fiend' flopped forth:
Attacks on others......
/////////
litesong wrote:
'large lying language' wants to kill blacks. I just reported his words.
His words make,'large lying language' a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.'phud fetid feces face fiend' defended 'large lying language', a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener. Since 'phud fetid feces face fiend' also supported another slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener,'phud fetid feces face fiend' is also a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.

'phud fetid feces face fiend' earns every word & letter of its name because 'phud fetid feces face fiend' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.

Yes,'phud fetid feces face fiend', who copied all the time, wasn't satisfied with those many & deliberate plagiarisms.'phud fetid feces face fiend' spread its fiend wings, & became a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dale 174,964
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min THE DEVIL 1,082,377
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,408
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 27 min skwirts 3,835
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 474
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,052
Amy 7-28 6 hr Sublime1 16
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••