Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,324
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#33490 Jan 8, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>But you continue to make the same mistakes so have they really really learned?
I doubt that they have learned from my mistakes. But I have. Those who do not make mistakes do not learn because they do nothing. But that is a mistake in itself. So you are mistaken my friend.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33491 Jan 8, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that they have learned from my mistakes. But I have. Those who do not make mistakes do not learn because they do nothing. But that is a mistake in itself. So you are mistaken my friend.
And they haven't learned from their mistakes because they continue to make the same mistakes they just call it opinions. So you are mistaken my friend.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33492 Jan 8, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Expand your horizon for the planet is a big place.
There's more at where that came from.
"I had no point" would have been a more concise reply.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#33493 Jan 8, 2013
This is just too freaking funny:

"Yesterday morning, the still shell shocked staff at Current TV was called to an all hands staff meeting at its San Francisco headquarters, which was teleconferenced to their offices in LA and NYC, to meet their new bosses.

"That would be two of Al Jazeera’s top guys: Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of international operations, and Muftah AlSuwaidan, general manager of the London bureau.

Ominously missing was the creator of Current, the self proclaimed inventor of the Internet and savior of clean energy, Al Gore, although his partner, Joel Hyatt, stood proudly with the Al Jazeera honchos.

'“Of course Al didn’t show up,” said one high placed Current staffer.“He has no credibility."

'“He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls***ter sells to the emir?”'

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/curr...
TrollBot

Houston, TX

#33494 Jan 8, 2013
litewit wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another juvenile and inane troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Helping ignore trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#33495 Jan 8, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to think it but I do.
I've considered that you could be right and I've concluded that's impossible.
Jack Nickolas(sic)(Nicklaus?) is a champion golfer. Jack Nicholson is the movie guy.
You dumb ass.
Of course you have concluded that. After all, to conclude that I might be right would mean that you would have to face the fact that you are wrong and I know you cannot do that.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#33496 Jan 8, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Silly. This is not a contest.
I've known about the natural fission [pay attention] reactors in Africa. Even read the DOE reports about them.
As to tina, she'll call them reactions. You're seriously misled about her... even if you are related to her.
You know about natural fission reactors in Africa and yet do not know about a natural fusion reaction that happens every day in the sky above you. Now pay attention yourself, the sun is a fusion not a fission reaction. Nuclear fusion happens every day in the sun, all day long.

Also, if you want to say I am wrong then please tell everyone what is happening if it is not nuclear fusion. Sorry, but claiming someone is wrong is not enough, you have to provide the right answer along with it.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33497 Jan 8, 2013
WOW spacedoutblues got spanked again by the commander of factually incorrect data.
SpaceBlues

Magnolia, TX

#33498 Jan 8, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You know about natural fission reactors in Africa and yet do not know about a natural fusion reaction that happens every day in the sky above you. Now pay attention yourself, the sun is a fusion not a fission reaction. Nuclear fusion happens every day in the sun, all day long.
Also, if you want to say I am wrong then please tell everyone what is happening if it is not nuclear fusion. Sorry, but claiming someone is wrong is not enough, you have to provide the right answer along with it.
You need to review the past posts. You are the one who called the sun a reaction, dummy.

You are losing your little mind.
SpaceBlues

Magnolia, TX

#33499 Jan 8, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
"I had no point" would have been a more concise reply.
I disagree.

What you don't know still constitutes a universe of points.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33500 Jan 8, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree.
What you don't know still constitutes a universe of points.
Woh - that's deep, man. I had to roll up my pants a turn or two.

Here's one for you -

If a post falls on Topix
And there's no one to read it
Does it still make a point?

Answer that, and I'll tell you the one about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac that stayed up all night wondering if there really was a dog ...

Wichita, KS

#33501 Jan 8, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>And they haven't learned from their mistakes because they continue to make the same mistakes they just call it opinions. So you are mistaken my friend.
But 2012 was the hottest year ever recorded on the lower US. Is that a mistake?

Wichita, KS

#33502 Jan 8, 2013
Not only the US, but Australia is roasting.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/australia...
SpaceBlues

Magnolia, TX

#33503 Jan 8, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Woh - that's deep, man. I had to roll up my pants a turn or two.
Here's one for you -
If a post falls on Topix
And there's no one to read it
Does it still make a point?
Answer that, and I'll tell you the one about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac that stayed up all night wondering if there really was a dog ...
A pointed post.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33504 Jan 9, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
But 2012 was the hottest year ever recorded on the lower US. Is that a mistake?
No it’s a mistake to say it was the hottest year ever. What about the hotter years that were never recorded? You’re getting to deep the spacedoutblues will get more confused.

Wichita, KS

#33507 Jan 9, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>No it’s a mistake to say it was the hottest year ever. What about the hotter years that were never recorded? You’re getting to deep the spacedoutblues will get more confused.
What did I write? The hottest year ever recorded for the lower Usa.... Pay attentionb.
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#33508 Jan 9, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Not only the US, but Australia is roasting.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/australia...
So what? Don't get your girly panties in a wad about it.

Instead, why don't you educate yourself about it instead of hyperventilating and pushing the panic button. It's called a CYCLE.

Weather patterns/cycles have been going on before you were here. And will continue long after. You are shortsighted and gullible.

It has gotten hot everywhere around the world at one point or another!
Years ago it was 105* in Michigan and over 100* for a week. It's called A HOT SPELL.

'Ancient pollen and charcoal preserved in deeply buried sediments in Egypt's Nile Delta document the region's ancient droughts and fires, including a huge drought 4,200 years ago associated with the demise of Egypt's Old Kingdom.

Death on the Nile: Researchers believe climate change brought 'mega drought' that ended an Egyptian kingdom 4,200 years ago

Researchers analysed pollen and charcoal levels in the Nile and found evidence of massive fires and few crops; Mega-drought led to famine and demise of the Egyptians.
was the abrupt and global mega-drought around 4,200 years ago, which led to famines and probably played a role in the end of Egypt’s Old Kingdom and affected other Mediterranean cultures.

These events are also recorded in history - the first about 5,000 years ago when the unification of Upper and Lower Egypt happened and the Uruk Kingdom in modern Iraq collapsed, the Geology study says.

The second event 3,000 years ago took place in the eastern Mediterranean and is associated with the fall of the Ugarit Kingdom and famines in the Babylonian and Syrian Kingdoms.

"Humans have a long history of having to deal with climate change," said Christopher Bernhardt, a researcher with the U.S. Geological Survey. "Along with other research, this study geologically reveals that the evolution of societies is sometimes tied to climate variability at all scales – whether decadal or millennial."

In plain words for the devout mmcc/cc fanatics....There was MAJOR climate change from lush grassland and abundant water supply and moderate temps in Egypt to HOT DRY DUSTY climate which created major drought thru out the area and caused the Old Kingdom to falter.

Must have been too much oil & fossil fuel burning by the Egyptians back then. Shame they had to stop using their cars and their combustion engines and stop all factory production, isn't it?

If only they had High Priest AL back then to lead them on the right path. Sigh.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33509 Jan 9, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
But, 2012 was the hottest year ever recorded on the lower US. Is that a mistake?
//////////
'phud feces face' wrote:
No it’s a mistake to say it was the hottest year ever.
////////
litesong wrote:
'phud feces face'.......agreed. In addition, it was a 1 degF hotter.

'Patriot AKA Bozo'..... no need to ask toxic topix AGW deniers any questions. You have more unbiased science & mathematics education than the vast majority of toxic topix AGW deniers.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33510 Jan 9, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I write? The hottest year ever recorded for the lower Usa.... Pay attentionb.
What did I write? What about the hottest record that wasn't recorded in the USA!!!Pay better attention without the b.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33511 Jan 9, 2013
pinheadlitesout wrote:
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
But, 2012 was the hottest year ever recorded on the lower US. Is that a mistake?
//////////
'PHD' wrote:
No it’s a mistake to say it was the hottest year ever.
////////
pinheadlitesout wrote:
'I "pinheadlitesout"... ....agreed. In addition, it was a 0 degF hotter.
'Patriot AKA Bozo'..... no need to ask toxic topix AGW deniers any questions. I"pinheadlitesout have more biased science & mathematics education than the vast majority of real educated AGW believers.
There you have it folks the power of edit above to show the real truth about "pinheadlitesout"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min dang 1,155,960
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 54 min very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 2 hr RACE 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 98,884
abby 12-26 2 hr RACE 3
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 3 hr Big Red 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago