Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
31,261 - 31,280 of 45,773 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
naw

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

noo
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Oh Ya.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that money is all that you do understand. I suppose that you do not wish for America to innovate and develop, that this is best left to other countries such as China. That is a recipe for becoming a second rate country.
No fear.

The Chinese can't innovate.

They steal others' intellectual property and innovations instead.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

So big corporations that moved to china was due to them stealing.How does that work do explain.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
No fear.
They steal others' intellectual property and innovations instead.
They don't need to innovate. We have made it so they can produce our goods. The big companies get around our environment and humanitarian considerations by taking their business to a country that does not value them. These companies are un-American. It is all about money.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The big companies get around our environment and humanitarian considerations by taking their business to a country that does not value them. These companies are un-American. It is all about money.
& for little money, we let the chinese communists(always small letters) steal away A123. The chinese communists, who murdered, tortured & starved 100 million of their own Chinese citizens, crow that the technology is now, all theirs. Yeah, just like evil chinese communists(always small letters) to crow, & think they have it all. Just like transplanted euros(americans) to give away things & not know what they give.

Since: Aug 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

teddy r stupid wrote:
Without innovation, they have soared past us, producing far more scientists, engineers, technologists, & massive ideas. Wait till they start innovating.

& that's what we do..... wait!
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

phdudd wrote:
So big corporations that moved to china was due to them stealing.
Of course. All corporations moving to communist china, should have left all american property developed in the U.S., both physical & intellectual, in the U.S.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

litesout wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. All corporations moving to communist china, should have left all american property developed in the U.S., both physical & intellectual, in the U.S.
You haven't answered the question. Maybe you need to turn your liteson.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

PHD wrote:
So big corporations that moved to china was due to them stealing.How does that work do explain.
That's your claim, not my words. That's for you to explain yourself.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
All corporations moving to communist china, should have left all american property developed in the U.S., both physical & intellectual, in the U.S.
/////////
phdudd wrote:
You haven't answered the question.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Yes, I did answer. But phdudd is too stupid & hooked on his ego to see the answer.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to innovate. We have made it so they can produce our goods. The big companies get around our environment and humanitarian considerations by taking their business to a country that does not value them. These companies are un-American. It is all about money.
Of course it's "all about money.' Where did you come by the bizarre idea that things were, or should be, otherwise?

Putting aside non-profits and those with some explicitly-stated humanitarian or charitable corporate mission, the sole purpose of a business is to maximize its shareholders' wealth, and its sole duty is to obey all applicable laws and regs. Period.

The notion that businesses have any other responsibility to pursue "American" interests or environmental or humanitarian missions is frankly naive nonsense. If these things help them maximize shareholder wealth, they can and generally will (if well-managed) do them. If not, not they shouldn't - and generally don't. One may as well expect a pig to sing.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

litesout wrote:
litesout wrote:
All corporations moving to communist china, should have left all american property developed in the U.S., both physical & intellectual, in the U.S.
/////////
phdudd wrote:
You haven't answered the question.
//////////
litesout wrote:
Yes, I did answer. But phdudd is too stupid & hooked on his ego to see the answer.
No you haven't but you’re more stupid to think that you could ever answer any question without that cut and paste thing you do.Hay you forgot always small letter.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
& for little money, we let the chinese communists(always small letters) steal away A123. The chinese communists, who murdered, tortured & starved 100 million of their own Chinese citizens, crow that the technology is now, all theirs. Yeah, just like evil chinese communists(always small letters) to crow, & think they have it all. Just like transplanted euros(americans) to give away things & not know what they give.
Well, before we get our panties in too tight a twist, let's recognize that in this case the Chinese didn't "steal" A123 or its intellectual property (although they probably already had stolen much of their tech, ideas, and innovation thru corporate espionage), they bought A123's assets for $256.6 million at a bankruptcy court-supervised auction fair & square, out-bidding Johnson Controls, Japan's NEC, and Germany's Siemens.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, before we get our panties in too tight a twist, let's recognize that in this case the Chinese didn't "steal" A123 or its intellectual property (although they probably already had stolen much of their tech, ideas, and innovation thru corporate espionage), they bought A123's assets for $256.6 million at a bankruptcy court-supervised auction fair & square, out-bidding Johnson Controls, Japan's NEC, and Germany's Siemens.
I agree but your posting to("litesout") an empty chair.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

The Air Force's X-37B successfully launched back into space on an unknown mission of an unknown time. Last mission was 7 months.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

The Air Force X-37B is moving faster than global warming.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

litewit wrote:
<quoted text>
Without innovation, they have soared past us, producing far more scientists, engineers, technologists, & massive ideas. Wait till they start innovating.
& that's what we do..... wait!
I'm not worried. Producing far more scientists, engineers, technologists? Absolutely - thay have. Armies of 'em. Armies of very dutiful and dedicated automatons implementing others' innovations at slave wages, 24/7/365 with no bathroom breaks.

Ideas? Not so much. Nothing truly original. Name one specific and significant scientific, engineering, or technical innovation that's originated from China if you disagree. There might be one or two exceptions, I suppose. Even the Chinese secret police aren't perfect; they might have let an independent and brilliant individual mind slip thru their fingers, I suppose.

Successful innovation requires a culture that embraces, celebrates, and rewards the nonconformist, free-thinking individual and protects their rights to freely speak out and publish ideas and thoughts that challenge imperial and Party authority and conventional dogma.

No danger the ChiComs will be producing very many individuals of that nature this century at least - they've invested 3000 years refining the suppression, control, and extermination of thought and speech from free individuals who dare to challenge imperial authority into a high art.

Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but your posting to("litesout") an empty chair.
No worries.

Outside of serial/recidivist Trolls (who are properly ignored altogether), I'm an equal-opportunity poster.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Hey, Teddy, the Chinese characters.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min lily boca raton fl 1,079,309
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min Uzi 67,901
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Mister Tonka 97,517
Abby 7-24 8 min squishymama 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,520
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min Terry rigsby 48,878
Woman Posts Selfie Of Stolen Dress To Facebook;... 47 min Tina 1
Amy 7-24 1 hr boundary painter 16
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE