Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,174
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
PHD

Overton, TX

#32968 Dec 2, 2012
cricket wrote:
lol.
Just like bigfoot, they know it's really there, but just can't ever find it.
rofl.
"Missing" global heat may hide in deep oceans
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/18/scie...
I think Twinkies contributed to global warming.
Prove me wrong.
Prove Twinkies contributed to global warming. Prove yourself right.
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#32969 Dec 2, 2012
"...However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said."

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past

roflmao
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#32970 Dec 2, 2012
PHD

Overton, TX

#32971 Dec 2, 2012
cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
And thousands of HUMANS are dying from malaria while we now hand out mosquito netting. Brilliant. Worked well for the early explorers to Africa, right?
Do you not know that there is an exemption for your beloved windmill companies that those contraptions can kill as many PROTECTED species eagles and birds that they do ?
Not a peep out of PETA or the environmental agencies about their holy sacred protected birds dying by the hundreds and even thousands?
Do you not know that there is also an exemption now to allow Native American Tribes to kill eagles again?
Not a peep out of PETA or the environmental agencies about their holy sacred protected birds dying.
Go ahead, kill an eagle and see what happens to you.
Sorry what is your point? All forms of power generation receive exemptions. Oh house cats kill more birds in one year than all Wind Mills could kill in 1000 years. Look what happened to the passenger pigeon now extinct by the human hunter.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#32972 Dec 2, 2012
I can see how the claim that the 97% of climate scientists that claim global warming is occurring could be colluding to steer the course of the global economy. It's a conspiracy theory for the ages, but I can't disprove it.

But what about scientists like the ultra-elite JASON advisory group who told President Johnson in the 60's this would happen? What about Svante Arrhenius who first developed the properties of CO2 and also predicted that raising CO2 levels would increase temperatures? What motivated these scientists?
What motivates all the sea ice loss? What motivates the leaders in climate denial? The good of the world?

Or $172 trillion in fossil fuel reserves that they wont be able to sell?

The scientists are gonna sell out the whole world for $8.8 billion/year but the oil companies won't for $172 TRILLION dollars!?!?
Good lord! look what the tobacco industry did for years for a fraction of the money and you think that the energy industry wouldn't go to any length to delay action? That they would pour money into confusion and doubt? Nope. They're just waiting for the "real" proof.

I would like to know, as I really, really want global warming to be made up. I like my car. I like burning fuels, I like the way I live. I don't wanna change anything. But I can't any reason to not believe that the warming isn't relate. I can't please if you know of anything, tell me.
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#32973 Dec 2, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry what is your point? All forms of power generation receive exemptions. Oh house cats kill more birds in one year than all Wind Mills could kill in 1000 years. Look what happened to the passenger pigeon now extinct by the human hunter.
Hypocrites all.

Schizophrenic, all.

Just like warmies.

Pontificators.

Laws and regs are for others but not for us.

Animals & birds mean nothing when they stand in the way of implementing an political agenda.

But a construction project can stop because of a rare knat hovering over the site.

Big Money talks.
Apparently.

You're argument is idiotic. Boo hoo, the mammoth is dead.

You don't give a rat's ass about your 'feathered friends' or the furry ones either.

You just pontificate and lie.

Here's an idea, you go cry in your beer and then think about euthanasia...and help the planet survive.

Walk the talk, hypocrite.

Your circular thinking and reasoning belongs in the circular file.

lol @ your small mind.
PHD

Overton, TX

#32974 Dec 2, 2012
cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrites all.
Schizophrenic, all.
Just like warmies.
Pontificators.
Laws and regs are for others but not for us.
Animals & birds mean nothing when they stand in the way of implementing an political agenda.
But a construction project can stop because of a rare knat hovering over the site.
Big Money talks.
Apparently.
You're argument is idiotic. Boo hoo, the mammoth is dead.
You don't give a rat's ass about your 'feathered friends' or the furry ones either.
You just pontificate and lie.
Here's an idea, you go cry in your beer and then think about euthanasia...and help the planet survive.
Walk the talk, hypocrite.
Your circular thinking and reasoning belongs in the circular file.
lol @ your small mind.
So you have no point or argument just useless babble tainted with hate. I don't drink beer and the circle thing going on here is your circle jerk you do all day. And yes I have a small mind but I have one unlike you that is at best down to one cell and that my be stretching it. And the only thing I give a rats ass about is human life.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#32975 Dec 2, 2012
cricket wrote:
18 annual climate gabfests: 16 years without warming
'In 2008, the world’s “consensus” climate modelers wrote a paper saying ten years without global warming was to be expected (though their billion-dollar brains had somehow failed to predict it). They added that 15 years or more without global warming would establish a discrepancy between real-world observation and their X-boxes’ predictions. You will find their paper in NOAA’s State of the Climate Report for 2008.
By the modelers’ own criterion, then, HAL has failed its most basic test – trying to predict how much global warming will happen.
Yet Ms. Christina Figurehead, chief executive of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, says “centralization” of global governing power (in her hands, natch) is the solution."
(There is always someone who wants to control the world.)
http://www.cfact.org/2012/12/01/18-annual-cli...
Oops...UN et al all flying in on private planes, imported food flown in with lavish meet & greet and dinner parties, imported champagne for all...while they discuss the overconsumption of the Western nations and how it impoverishes the world and is killing everyone with mmcc and we are WAY past the tipping point and are at the point of 'no return'.
Yes, we were all better off being serfs working the landowners property under fuedalism and no modern conveniences with disease running rampant.
Ah, the good old days.
Save yourselves and the planet!
Please make your check out to....
Shhesh, you sound like a Teabsagger! BTW, there have not been 15 years without the climate warming or the ocean gaining heat. The babble about serfs and feudalism is simply an attempt to embellish your rant. We see a declining average income for everyone who does not have a lavish income while those are enjoying a decided increase at our expense. This is a preexisting reality. There is no need to deny anyone their fossil fuels. You are fooling no one.

Wichita, KS

#32976 Dec 2, 2012
How many scientists really question global warming?

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/peer-...

Sorry Inhofe and other deniers.
PHD

Overton, TX

#32977 Dec 2, 2012
Just as many that don't question global warming.No need to say sorry to any political figure. They work for us did you foget.
Radar

Montréal, Canada

#32978 Dec 2, 2012
Humans are a cancer on the earth.

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

#32979 Dec 2, 2012
Radar wrote:
These people
http://www.vhemt.org/
are reserving a place in line for you.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32980 Dec 3, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
How many scientists really question global warming?
http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/peer-...
Calculations from your given report indicate scientists have less than one fifth of 1% questioning AGW. Reports from years back, indicate that 97% of climate scientists agreed with AGW.
Many posts by toxic topix AGW deniers were saying many scientists who used to believe in AGW were beginning to deny AGW.
Deniers think that there must a dilemma. However, accurate figuring by AGW advocates indicate that toxic topix AGW deniers have no science or mathematics background, can't calculate properly, let their politics instead of their brains run their lives, & just plain lie. Also, toxic topix AGW deniers are slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs.
Therefore, there is no dilemma.... just toxic topix AGW deniers being pigs......& rooting....... & rotting..... & are slimy...... & steenking...... & being proud of their steenk.
PHD

Overton, TX

#32981 Dec 3, 2012
The climate scientist weather forecasters say it will be an unusual warm week. Let’s see how accurate the experts will be. Stay tuned for this weeks update.

Wichita, KS

#32982 Dec 3, 2012
PHD wrote:
The climate scientist weather forecasters say it will be an unusual warm week. Let’s see how accurate the experts will be. Stay tuned for this weeks update.
In Kansas, the low temperature the past two nights exceeds the normal high. The normal highs are in the low 40's and the temperature on my thermometer recorded a low of 60 deg last night!

Wichita, KS

#32983 Dec 3, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>
These people
http://www.vhemt.org/
are reserving a place in line for you.
Of course they are right, but it ain't gonna happen on a wide enough scale to make a difference. I promise that I will not have anymore kids. I promise.
PHD

Overton, TX

#32984 Dec 3, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Kansas, the low temperature the past two nights exceeds the normal high. The normal highs are in the low 40's and the temperature on my thermometer recorded a low of 60 deg last night!
Today the climate weather forecaster said no chance of rain with a high of 80 deg. As I poke my head out the window that funny stuff they call rain got me wet. Oh they also said the record low of 60 deg is our record high. They need to put down that funny stuff they smoke before the get on live TV.

Wichita, KS

#32985 Dec 3, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Today the climate weather forecaster said no chance of rain with a high of 80 deg. As I poke my head out the window that funny stuff they call rain got me wet. Oh they also said the record low of 60 deg is our record high. They need to put down that funny stuff they smoke before the get on live TV.
Are you sure that it wasn't a bird flying over? Hush and go wipe your pate.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#32986 Dec 3, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Less than a Box of Rocks.
And yet twice the person you are.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32987 Dec 3, 2012
under the radar wrote:
Humans get cancer most often from what humans do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min Portlandia 1,153,049
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 181,707
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 5 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 6 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 8 hr cute_bwoy 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web