Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,554)

Showing posts 31,061 - 31,080 of43,159
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Methane Hydrate Act

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

http://www.greenerideal.com/science/1101-clim...

I know why it is speeding up and I want everyone else to know too.

Methane Hydrate Dissociaton on a global scale happening right now.

If it is important enough for an act of congress
(Methane Hydrate Research and Development ACT 2001 USA)
It is important enough for us all to know about.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Methane Hydrate Act wrote:
http://www.greenerideal.com/sc ience/1101-climate-changing-me thane-in-east-coast/

This is a global phenomenon happening as we speak. It may not be the only factor involved in increasingly deadly weather events but it is definitely involved.(as a catalyst)
Along with other studies in previous years, you study tells how the clathrates are thawing.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha you, original or something. No, you are not original by even an atom.
Jealousy suits you, pathetic poster.
Jealousy? What a laugh!

Digging deep into your book of insults, I see.

Get lost.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You flatter yourself. My posts are beyond your grasp.
Did you lose yourself?
I've seen wittier retorts in 'Stupid Answers for Stupid Questions'(Mad Magazine).

Pathetic.

Get lost.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

motheaten wrote:
Get lost.
Get lost.
You'll run out of battery power, calling from the 'Land of the Lost' to be found.
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen wittier retorts in 'Stupid Answers for Stupid Questions'(Mad Magazine).
Pathetic.
Get lost.
So you found your--------self.Yes for stupid people like you.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So you found your--------self.Yes for stupid people like you.
Hyuck, hyuck, hyuck.

You and Spaced' share the same writer?

Get lost.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyuck, hyuck, hyuck.
Get lost.
You call this writing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Pathetic. Find a life.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You call this writing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Pathetic. Find a life.
No. I call that a video.(Didn't watch it, btw.)

Get lost.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

motheaten wrote:
Get lost.
Sorry, no one looks for you in the 'Land of the Lost'.

Correction:
I'm not sorry.......
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyuck, hyuck, hyuck.
Get lost.
Ok and you and the Less than a Box of Rocks are the same STUPID ASSumption of your----self.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

*Canada’s voters had already killed Y2Kyoto with a freely elected climate change denying prime minister and nobody cared, especially you fear mongers and the millions of scientists warning us of unstoppable warming (a comet hit).
Meanwhile, the entire world of SCIENCE, lazy copy and paste news editors and obedient journalists, had condemned our kids to the greenhouse gas ovens of an exaggerated "crisis" and had allowed bank-funded and corporate-run “CARBON TRADING STOCK MARKETS” to trump 3rd world fresh water relief, starvation rescue and 3rd world education for just over 26 years of insane attempts at climate CONTROL.
*In all of the debates Obama hadn’t planned to mention climate change once.
*Obama has not mentioned the crisis in the last two State of the Unions addresses.
*Occupywallstreet does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded carbon trading stock markets run by corporations.
*Julian Assange is of course a climate change denier.
Deny this: Despite being; “at the brink of no return potentially…” there does not exist one single IPCC warning of crisis that isn’t peppered with maybes and could bes and likelys….
HELP MY HOUSE COULD BE ON FIRE MAYBE? Exaggeration wasn’t a crime.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
*Canada’s voters had already killed Y2Kyoto with a freely elected climate change denying prime minister and nobody cared, especially you fear mongers and the millions of scientists warning us of unstoppable warming (a comet hit).
Meanwhile, the entire world of SCIENCE, lazy copy and paste news editors and obedient journalists, had condemned our kids to the greenhouse gas ovens of an exaggerated "crisis" and had allowed bank-funded and corporate-run “CARBON TRADING STOCK MARKETS” to trump 3rd world fresh water relief, starvation rescue and 3rd world education for just over 26 years of insane attempts at climate CONTROL.
*In all of the debates Obama hadn’t planned to mention climate change once.
*Obama has not mentioned the crisis in the last two State of the Unions addresses.
*Occupywallstreet does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded carbon trading stock markets run by corporations.
*Julian Assange is of course a climate change denier.
Deny this: Despite being; “at the brink of no return potentially…” there does not exist one single IPCC warning of crisis that isn’t peppered with maybes and could bes and likelys….
HELP MY HOUSE COULD BE ON FIRE MAYBE? Exaggeration wasn’t a crime.
You make less and less sense.

Why do you post stuff that you don't even understand?
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You make less and less sense.
Why do you post stuff that you don't even understand?
They do because of being exposed to the Less than a Box of Rocks AKA "tina" and the useless babble tainted with hate spewed by the dirtling, mothra and the new one called the responder.
Spike

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Along with other studies in previous years, you study tells how the clathrates are thawing.
All our struggles, accomplishments, hard work, and triumphs......all that we have learned and achieved against all odds.......destroyed by fart gas. This is the way the world ends.....not with a bang but with a toot!!
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Spike wrote:
<quoted text>
All our struggles, accomplishments, hard work, and triumphs......all that we have learned and achieved against all odds.......destroyed by fart gas. This is the way the world ends.....not with a bang but with a toot!!
So was that fart gas as you say exploded in I =ndiana last night. More than a toot.
Spike

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

It is usually unwise to light them....farts, that is.
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

So why do you light them?
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Oh, dear -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

"Even Prof Jones admitted that he and his colleagues did not understand the impact of ‘natural variability’– factors such as long-term ocean temperature cycles and changes in the output of the sun."

"Prof Jones also admitted that the climate models were imperfect:‘We don’t fully understand how to input things like changes in the oceans, and because we don’t fully understand it you could say that natural variability is now working to suppress the warming. We don’t know what natural variability is doing.’ "

"... in 2009, when the plateau was already becoming apparent and being discussed by scientists, he told a colleague in one of the Climategate emails:‘Bottom line: the “no upward trend” has to continue for a total of 15 years before we get worried.’ "

That point has now been passed.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Teddy R wrote:
Oh, dear -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
"Even Prof Jones admitted that he and his colleagues did not understand the impact of ‘natural variability’– factors such as long-term ocean temperature cycles and changes in the output of the sun."
"Prof Jones also admitted that the climate models were imperfect:‘We don’t fully understand how to input things like changes in the oceans, and because we don’t fully understand it you could say that natural variability is now working to suppress the warming. We don’t know what natural variability is doing.’ "
"... in 2009, when the plateau was already becoming apparent and being discussed by scientists, he told a colleague in one of the Climategate emails:‘Bottom line: the “no upward trend” has to continue for a total of 15 years before we get worried.’ "
That point has now been passed.
Oh dear as in what a dreadful piece of journalism, or oh dear, hasn't Teddy realised this is from weeks ago?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,061 - 31,080 of43,159
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 4-23 5 min cheluzal 40
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min shinningelectr0n 1,036,630
Abby 4-23 10 min cheluzal 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Sublime1 96,265
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 20 min hands on AR 4
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 24 min hands on AR 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Rogue Scholar 05 167,715
ask amy 4-22 6 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance