Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 48,599
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
PHD

Kempner, TX

#32726 Oct 28, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, also notice the difference between 2000-08 vs 2009-12. Also notice that spike in 2008 was later in the year when it looked like Obama was going to win the election. There is another graph I wished I could show you showing how investors were pulling money out of the US markets and moving it overseas out of Obama's reach.
I know you are trying to prove that it was Bush's fault. But all you ended up doing was proving it was Obama's fault for the high gas prices.
Also notice how the unemployment and underemployment numbers shot up starting in October of 2008. Remember that people who invest are looking months and years out. They already have a plan worked out if Romeny wins and one if Obama wins. The difference is that if Romney wins they will start moving capital back to the US and energy prices will fall. With Obama they will not move capital back to the US and look to park it someone safe for the next four years. Right now it is looking closer than they like.
Of course you will whine about fair just as if Romeny wins you will complain that it is the result of cheating.
Is there no end to your stupid?The result of your stupid is due to the emotinedd between your ears. Now Less than a Box of Rocks go back to school start at Pre K level and pay attention this time.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#32727 Oct 28, 2012
Remaining Doomers:
Looks like the politicians have backed off supporting CO2 mitigation. Now what?
Now its up to you remaing doomers to pick up the torch and march with the dozens of climate blame protesters all over the world. YOU can save the world. Now get out there and prove to us that even YOU believe in the end of the world from SUV gas.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#32728 Oct 28, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Is there no end to your stupid?The result of your stupid is due to the emotinedd between your ears. Now Less than a Box of Rocks go back to school start at Pre K level and pay attention this time.
Go easy with tina.

She lives in a state of emergency. And she has things to do, hopefully.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#32729 Oct 28, 2012
mememine69 wrote:
Remaining Doomers:
Now its up to you remaing doomers to pick up the torch and march with the dozens of climate blame protesters all over the world. YOU can save the world. Now get out there and prove to us that even YOU believe in the end of the world from SUV gas.
It looks like you are the last denier left.

Stay indoors before the weather gets you, too.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#32730 Oct 28, 2012
mememine69 wrote:
Remaining Doomers:
The only alarmists left are the squeaky voices whining about an end of world scenario, the same set of voices who whine about the rich getting richer.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#32731 Oct 28, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>The only alarmists left are the squeaky voices whining about an end of world scenario, the same set of voices who whine about the rich getting richer.
It's easy for you to post nonsense but your comrade tina is under a state of emergency.

Have you heard from her? She's a changed woman, possibly.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#32732 Oct 28, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>The only alarmists left are the squeaky voices whining about an end of world scenario, the same set of voices who whine about the rich getting richer.
Not concerned about the rich getting richer. Concerned about the poor getting poorer as well as the rest of us. I do feel sorry for those in Spain who cannot find a viable income while others selfishly gloat.

Why do you think all the great scientific institutions throughout the entire world are complicit in a gigantic global hoax?
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#32733 Oct 28, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Fickle. Fickle to the fth power.

You might have relatives who're convicting their geologists for their earthquake.

#32735 Oct 29, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
Not concerned about the rich getting richer.
In the words of FuGyou, "Liar."
DumBozo wrote:
Concerned about the poor getting poorer as well as the rest of us.
Why, when it's nothing new?
DumBozo wrote:
I do feel sorry for those in Spain who cannot find a viable income while others selfishly gloat.
Who's selfishly gloating at poor Spaniards?
DumBozo wrote:
Why do you think all the great scientific institutions throughout the entire world are complicit in a gigantic global hoax?
I don't know, why don't you tell me?

There are no tented cities here in Spain:
America's homeless resort to tent cities
http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/...
Homeless Students Top 1 Million, U.S. Says, Leaving Advocates 'Horrified'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/home...

Not only, but also:
Fat and getting fatter: U.S. obesity rates to soar by 2030
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/18/us-...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#32736 Oct 29, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Fickle. Fickle to the fth power.
You might have relatives who're convicting their geologists for their earthquake.
Aristocratic families like Earthlings don't go in for serious science. Too much like work.
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#32737 Oct 29, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like you are the last denier left.
Stay indoors before the weather gets you, too.
Not really. We who live in reality have a good life and better things to do than sit around jawing about proven lies and repeating the truth one more time & over & over like Groundhog Day.

We are living what we believe, using all the gas, electricity and oil we possibly can.

There is no point being here anymore because all of you religious devotees to mmcc & cc beliefs will never, ever learn the real science and just prefer to just have BLIND faith in the mmcc/cc lies and swallow them down to your toes.
A year from now you will still be here regurgitating the pablum & lies to each other because you have nothing more important to do.

Deniers are way more intelligent. They left the sinking ship of lies a long time ago.

Listen caefully and you'll hear the band playing on the way down under the waves.

Say hey to Al & the rest of your high priests and guru's of mmcc/cc on the way....
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#32738 Oct 29, 2012
cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. We who live in reality
Your caregiver has probably told you that you are having mental health issue but one of the problems with mental health is that the sufferer always thinks that only THEY are living in reality. It is symptomatic that they feel the 'majority' are insane.
cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
have a good life and better things to do than sit around jawing about proven lies
And unfortunately they think that everyone else that tells them they are wrong must be 'lying'. It is part and parcel with their 'break from reality'.
cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
and repeating the truth one more time & over & over like Groundhog Day.
Claiming that the majority are 'too consistent' merely illustrates how the malfunctioning mind considers it's slide around from fantasy to fantasy to be 'normal'. It IS 'normal' for THEM because they cannot hold thought together for more than a short period. That everyone else references some sort of 'fixed reality' seems odd to them.
cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
We are living what we believe, using all the gas, electricity and oil we possibly can.
And here we see how the psychotic mind deals only with 'wants and wishes', never with the consequences or responsibilities of adulthood. It is a childlike state, which no reason (and few drugs) can penetrate.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#32739 Oct 29, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>In the words of FuGyou, "Liar."<quoted text>Why, when it's nothing new?<quoted text>Who's selfishly gloating at poor Spaniards?<quoted text>I don't know, why don't you tell me?
There are no tented cities here in Spain:
America's homeless resort to tent cities
http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/...
Homeless Students Top 1 Million, U.S. Says, Leaving Advocates 'Horrified'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/home...
Not only, but also:
Fat and getting fatter: U.S. obesity rates to soar by 2030
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/18/us-...
http://www.voanews.com/content/in-spain-milli...
https://www.google.com/search...

Have you no conscious?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32741 Oct 29, 2012
me me me getting mine in the 69 position wrote:
Remaining AGW advocates:
So, you think the slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms & alleged & proud threats by toxic topix AGW deniers have driven away lots of AGW advocates from topix.

You're right!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32742 Oct 29, 2012
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Aristocratic families like Earthlings don't go in for serious science. Too much like work.
Nah..... they just ain't got the ability to be scientists. They didn't even have the ability to get science & mathematics degrees.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#32743 Oct 29, 2012
cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. We who live in reality have a good life and better things to do than sit around jawing about proven lies and repeating the truth one more time & over & over like Groundhog Day.
There is no point being here anymore because all of you religious devotees to mmcc & cc beliefs will never, ever learn the real science and just prefer to just have BLIND faith in the mmcc/cc lies and swallow them down to your toes.
A year from now you will still be here regurgitating the pablum & lies to each other because you have nothing more important to do.
Deniers are way more intelligent. They left the sinking ship of lies a long time ago.
Listen caefully and you'll hear the band playing on the way down under the waves.
Say hey to Al & the rest of your high priests and guru's of mmcc/cc on the way....
ugh ugly

mmcc/cc = mm

QED man-made!
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#32744 Oct 29, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah..... they just ain't got the ability to be scientists. They didn't even have the ability to get science & mathematics degrees.
Yeah .. like that monkfish guy. What's his name that leads the deniers in events per pay!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#32745 Oct 29, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you no conscious?
That is a good question, but will you forgive me if I think you meant "Have you no concience"?

#32746 Oct 29, 2012
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, aka:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
"Have you no concience[sic]"?
ROFLMAO at Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty.
ֿ

#32747 Oct 29, 2012
cricket wrote:
Listen carefully and you'll hear the band playing on the way down under the waves.
I don't agree with everything you say, but I defend your right to say it.

I definitely haven't and will never attempt to all the gas, electricity and oil or water I possibly can, there's no point.
I don't believe "deniers" exist, only sceptics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min scirocco 1,144,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min jacques Ottawa 180,978
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 1 hr Imasport 142
Ferguson protests move to retail stores 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 3 hr 1-5-11-17 MISSING 15
My true thoughts about this song. 3 hr ThereSheGosWalkin 4
Da Mayor Wins...........BIG 3 hr SOWhadaYaThink 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance