Gun Control: The Facts, Figures, And Frustrations

Full story: Free Republic

When I think of Chicago, my mind goes to Wrigley Field, Michael Jordan and the Sears Tower.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2014
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#1 Apr 3, 2014
when I think of Chicago I think of getting on the bus in Jeffery mannor riding north to 71st street then walking to the movies getting a 5 cent candy bar and watching movies then taking the bus back home or walking from 71st street to 100 street where I Lived.

you can't do that today you would be shot, mugged or what ever by the residents who live there now.

lots has changed since I was a boy in the 50's in Chicago. Just a few if any people shot killed in the city, but a child could walk ride a bike or take a bus anywhere in the city,

My friends and I would take the Jeffery avenue bus to the museum at ,spend the day pushing buttons learning about how things worked then walk home through Jackson park area to home. try that today.

As I drive through Chicago today I am sadden by the large numbers of homes destroyed , empty house lots all over the city, what happen to all those small clean homes that has a small lawn and some flowers. who killed all the flowers trees? why are there so many boarded up buildings empty??

what happen to all the business , manufacturing , production that use to go on in Chicago on the south side of the city?? There were jobs every where on the south side of the city now none? why is that?

I realize times change but I don't recognize this Chicago I see today as I drive through familiar streets I know but don't remember being this way,

this can't be the vibrant full of life city I grew up in just 40 years ago. a whole way of life a whole section of the city destroyed in just 40 years??

can some one tell me where my city went?
Not just there

Dallas, TX

#2 Apr 3, 2014
My mother and I would take a Sunday drive in her 1956 Chevy with our Kodak box camera and drive from Nassau County to Montauk Point taking pictures along the way. In 1998 I wanted to duplicate that long ago trip and reminisce. The disappointment was overwhelming. I went to the same places that had the street signs in the pictures and the decay of the areas was just sickening. The once beautiful homes that were well kept were destroyed with vegetation and caved in roofs.

I went to see the bowling alley not far from my home. I stood on the other side of the road where I remember it once was. All I saw was a rotted concrete building that was falling in on itself. I had to stare at it to make sure that I was in the right place. I let me imagination god and then I saw the form that it once had. I was almost in tears, seeing what was happening to Long Island.

You and I am not alone. America is deteriorating from with in. All we now seem to be able to do is kill and destroy other countries with trillions spent on missiles and bombs. Kill, kill, kill is all we now know and all that the scum sucking dirty government wants you to know.

If there has to be death then let nation invading America die and let the politicians who caused all this and their families die as well. Tell me reality is a crutch how many people do you think even click the links to infowars? Do you think they even care? Seems most are interested in stupid games and senseless conversations on here.

U.S. Navy Sending Destroyer to Black Sea to Support Ukraine

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-navy-sending-dest...

Fury As US Marshals Shoot Unarmed Man Then Confiscate Cell Phones Of Witnesses

http://www.infowars.com/fury-as-us-marshals-s...

Protesters take to the streets against police brutality in Albuquerque

http://www.infowars.com/fury-as-us-marshals-s...

Video: NY Troopers Confiscate Toy Gun, Cutout of Gun from SAFE Act Protester
Man hands over “weapons” to thunderous booing Video

Adan Salazar
Infowars.com
April 2, 2014

A SAFE Act protester at the New York state capitol in Albany yesterday was approached by three state troopers and relieved of his weapons: a toy gun and a plywood cutout in the shape of a gun.

http://www.infowars.com/ny-troopers-confiscat...

Since: Aug 12

Woodstock, IL

#3 Apr 9, 2014
Good people can do bad things. The poors weapons were taken away in the intrest of keeping them from being sold to felons. Only as it turned out those profesional rogue predators wouldn't have been that desperate, all they ever wanted them for was to sell to the fence to help pay for the kind of gun they did want.
Often the good people would say "well if it saves just one life it's worth it" the problem is it actually may have saved some lives.. but at best the cost of that life included the deaths of two others who wouldn't have died.
Creating little outlaw city states in our own great cities taxing their "own" people through smuggling profits and fighting wars to protect their soldiers and those taxes.
Good people created toxic social environment of fear, helplessness and dispair, that is destroying some of our great cities.

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4 Apr 27, 2014
Some people are a example of exactly the reason kids need to start learning this lesson - otherwise they'll grow up being scared of guns also instead of feeling safer in their presence. This entire nation needs a re-education about the truth about guns so that we can stop falling prey to the pernicious lies that surround them and permeate our entire culture. If you do feel like a sitting duck in the presence of another person's gun, maybe it's time for you to get one yourself and level the playing field!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min wojar 177,413
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min D-U-H 49,539
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 56 min Yeah 1,100,625
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Retired SOF 45
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 3 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••