Solution to crossword, Jumble woes

I was sent to the corner of my second grade classroom for daring to read aloud from an inverted copy of "Dick and Jane." Regrettably this did not rid me of the ability. Read more
Fran Rossate

Belvidere, IL

#1 Jun 24, 2008
I was hoping it was just a one day mistake. I don't like this new feature at all.
nomw

Northbrook, IL

#2 Jun 24, 2008
I don't like this feature either. I tried to do the puzzles, but couldn't help but read the answers upside down. I gave up. So much for an evening of relaxation.
elizabeth kaminski

Skokie, IL

#3 Jun 24, 2008
having solutions to the crossword and the jumble right there reaaly makes me angry.
its just plain no fun to do the puzzle with the answers right in your face.
we were always willing to wait the one day for the answers
i only hope you change it back to the way it was
Margaret and Amy

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 25, 2008
We applaud your decision to include the answers to the Jumble and Sudoku puzzles on the same page as the puzzles. Now we no longer have to spend our hard-earned money on your stupid paper! Duh!
AnyZ

Barrington, IL

#5 Jun 25, 2008
Printing the answers to the puzzles on the same day is bad enough, but printing them on the same page - right below the puzzle - is downright irritating to an avid puzzle solver. Why even bother doing the puzzles? In my case, why even bother getting the paper? At the very least, if you must please everyone, can you print the answers on a different page?
Puzzled

Chicago, IL

#6 Aug 20, 2008
The Sunday Magazine puzzle for August 10 2008 had the same solution printed on August 10 and 17. Maybe the Trib will repeat the same solution several more times to please people who are slow to keep up with their backlog of unfinished puzzles.
Irene

Tallinn, Estonia

#7 Apr 10, 2012
I also didn't like the feature - I also used spellino.com for solving

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy 3-28-15 10 min A Van Buren 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min PolakPotrafi 1,207,397
Jailbird Jesse Jackson Jr 32 min aaron shlock 4
Emanuel says Chicagoa s financial crisis was 30... 37 min miss ann elk 2
Abby 3-30-15 38 min RACE 13
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min loose cannon 185,935
Dear Abby March 24 1 hr Mister Tonka 22
Amy 3-30-15 12 hr Kuuipo 35
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]