First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#21 Sep 25, 2013
No, I just read into it whatever man hating jibber-jabber I want to, and then make outlandish posts supporting it.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I think sometimes you are looking so hard to defend the man you don't look what's in front of you.
Actually I would assume the woman would have been tested when she went to the OBGYN (is that the right doc? Whatever, girl stuff)
But there was no mention of her telling the guys she slept with to get checked if she came back positive.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be that Abby knows the miltary tests for STDs -- that I don't know.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#22 Sep 25, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
LW1: I think you are in a better position to advise your sister on drugs and alcohol *because* you have first-hand experience and you are close in age. I know one thing about druggies - they hang out with other druggies. You need to get your sister into a better crowd. Help her find something she is interested in - sports, dance, volunteering - where she can meet new friends who share common interests. Look for a drug counselor to help you out as well. Continue to tell her that she is
This is along the lines of what I was thinking. She can use her experiences as a teaching tool.

And I HATE when people wear white pants with bright undies. I see that all the time. Or when they wear them on water rides at amusement parks. <shudder>

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#23 Sep 25, 2013
Got pregnant while deployed overseas? In the desert? Then her marriage is only one of her concerns. She's using the word "deployed", which is normally only used for time spent in theater, and General Order #1 at deployed locations is either the total ban on alcohol or severely restricted use, and zero tolerance for intimate contact with the opposite sex. Her husband wasn't there with her, so she is also in violation of the UCMJ's ban on adultery.

They may sound crazy to civilians (and a lot of military members as well) but those rules are on the books, and I have seen them enforced. I don't work with her directly, but there is a woman on my base who recently took a double demotional after admitting to screwing around on her husband while serving in Oman. Not pregnant, but otherwise the same situation.

Bimbos like her who can't keep their pants on are the reason I can't sit in a tent with a group of my guys to watch a movie or play cards. I hope her husband kicks her to the curb and the Army boots her sorry butt out the gate.

Toj, we are tested every couple of years for HIV, but not normally for anything else - unless we request it.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#24 Sep 25, 2013
squishymama wrote:
But if you like them, you should wear them. Just know that we can see your underwear.
Not through my white denim pants, you can't!:-P
Kuuipo

Marina, CA

#25 Sep 25, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
Got pregnant while deployed overseas? In the desert? Then her marriage is only one of her concerns. She's using the word "deployed", which is normally only used for time spent in theater, and General Order #1 at deployed locations is either the total ban on alcohol or severely restricted use, and zero tolerance for intimate contact with the opposite sex. Her husband wasn't there with her, so she is also in violation of the UCMJ's ban on adultery.
They may sound crazy to civilians (and a lot of military members as well) but those rules are on the books, and I have seen them enforced. I don't work with her directly, but there is a woman on my base who recently took a double demotional after admitting to screwing around on her husband while serving in Oman. Not pregnant, but otherwise the same situation.
Bimbos like her who can't keep their pants on are the reason I can't sit in a tent with a group of my guys to watch a movie or play cards. I hope her husband kicks her to the curb and the Army boots her sorry butt out the gate.
Toj, we are tested every couple of years for HIV, but not normally for anything else - unless we request it.
Takes two to tango. The men should have declined or put a sock on it.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#26 Sep 25, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes two to tango. The men should have declined or put a sock on it.
Yes, and I'm sure the men will get in trouble if she names names.(I hope they do.) When you're a woman and get prego, though, you sorta wear your evidence.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#27 Sep 25, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I'm sure the men will get in trouble if she names names.(I hope they do.) When you're a woman and get prego, though, you sorta wear your evidence.
Unlikely. The men don't even get in trouble when they rape, why would they get busted for consensual sex?

So glad I stopped in today. Reminds me why I left.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#28 Sep 25, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Unlikely. The men don't even get in trouble when they rape, why would they get busted for consensual sex?
Oops . I missed you. If you are lurking, let m know how you are doing.
edogxxx

Florence, SC

#29 Sep 25, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
The men don't even get in trouble when they rape
I think all the men in prison for rape will disagree with you
NWmoon wrote:
Reminds me why I left.
Good! Bye!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#30 Sep 25, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all the men in prison for rape will disagree with you
<quoted text>
Good! Bye!
To be fair, there has been a whole lot of rap-es in the military that have gone "unsolved" and no one has paid for it.
Personally, I don't believe everyone gets away with it. unfortunately, there are the "protected ones". I'd like to find out who and why they are.

THat's rich -- I got a profanity notice. I guess I'll change that one word. You'll figure it out. Very interesting that it was flagged, though.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#31 Sep 26, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Unlikely. The men don't even get in trouble when they rape, why would they get busted for consensual sex?
Unfortunately at least in the military, I think there is truth to this.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#32 Sep 26, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately at least in the military, I think there is truth to this.
It's a raging epidemic, according to politicians who want to distract us from their gross incompetence in resolving any real issues, and the media, which will distort anything for high ratings.
Obviously, according to them, my 26 years in uniform have been performed in a little bubble since they have not been filled with constant rapes.
What I have seen, over and over, is people getting drunk and making dumb decisions - both of them. Later, for various reasons, she regrets her actions and suddenly it was rape. Those cases tend to not lead to conviction, and as unpopular as my opinion may be, that is a good thing.
Four years at a state university displayed far more cases of coerced, manipulated and drugged non-consentual sex than my entire career in the military. Why don't we hear more about that?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#33 Sep 26, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a raging epidemic, according to politicians who want to distract us from their gross incompetence in resolving any real issues, and the media, which will distort anything for high ratings.
Obviously, according to them, my 26 years in uniform have been performed in a little bubble since they have not been filled with constant rapes.
What I have seen, over and over, is people getting drunk and making dumb decisions - both of them. Later, for various reasons, she regrets her actions and suddenly it was rape. Those cases tend to not lead to conviction, and as unpopular as my opinion may be, that is a good thing.
Four years at a state university displayed far more cases of coerced, manipulated and drugged non-consentual sex than my entire career in the military. Why don't we hear more about that?
(Only partly sarcastic)

We don't hear a much about the college sex stuff because the government is not paying all the people and costs involved and because the participants have the freedom to leave the university,, where a member of the military can't just transfer to another branch of the service.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it could be difficult to avoid day to day contact between the 2 people involved if their assigned duties required them to work together.

I do agree with you about the likely prevalence of morning after regrets leading to accusations of rape- both parties have the right to get drunk and jump in the sack, but both have the obligation to look after themselves and take responsibility for their (intoxicated) actions. As you tell it, that is the reality the Army recognizes but it runs contrary to civilian anti-rape activists

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cleo 240,294
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 1,520,792
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 10,569
Protest is Treason 7 hr Our President Trump 1
Parental Alienation is Child Abuse 10 hr Fathers4Justice 1
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 11 hr They cannot kill ... 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 11 hr honeymylove 2,524

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages