of 3
Next Last

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#42 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with this. But they weren't just asking for a stroller, but many "big ticket" items. You might have to up your $20 donation.
O...M...G!!! So like what $50?$100?

Cheapskate.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#43 Jan 31, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, are you so hung up on the fact that you have a soul sucking job that pays squat that you begrudge someone who actually worked and finished their education and has a better-than-you income a gift? Really? Jealous much?
No, no, and no.

Next?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#44 Jan 31, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
O...M...G!!! So like what $50?$100?
Cheapskate.
Hey, maybe you can afford to give a five hundred dollar gift to someone who makes that in 4 minutes, but I can't. Call me a cheapskate, they're lucky they got a card!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#45 Feb 1, 2013
Is it ok for a vegtabletarian to eat cloned foods? No mother to speak of.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#46 Feb 1, 2013
RACE wrote:
Is it ok for a vegtabletarian to eat cloned foods? No mother to speak of.
Ha!

I have heard it described as not eating anything with a face. The person got real aggravated when I brought up oysters, but you get the point.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#47 Feb 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha!
I have heard it described as not eating anything with a face. The person got real aggravated when I brought up oysters, but you get the point.
I dated a vegetarian that said he doesn't eat anything that poops.:)
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#48 Feb 1, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>She's gluten-free. If it is because she has an allergy anywhere near as severe as a friend of mine has, then a plate of pasta certainly could kill her.
And she couldn't just ask for the vegetarian meal and pick out the stuff that she can eat. If there is pasta on the plate, she can't eat anything there.
I've been to several events with this friend, and he doesn't make an issue of it, just asks the caterer to fix a plate of whatever sides are safe for him to eat, and nobody has ever had a problem with that. Might have something to do with not wanting their catering company linked to anyone's death or something like that. It's hard to pick up any referrals when you kill any of the guests.
Wow - I can honestly say I have never heard of someone dying from eating pasta. While I believe a lot of people feel better and are healthier when they don't have glutens, can pasta REALLY kill a person???
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#49 Feb 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I dated a vegetarian that said he doesn't eat anything that poops.:)
I saw a cartoon with a deer pooping on some grass and it said "my food poops on your food"

Location hidden

#50 Feb 1, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a cartoon with a deer pooping on some grass and it said "my food poops on your food"
that is awesome. I shared that with Nick.

Location hidden

#51 Feb 1, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow - I can honestly say I have never heard of someone dying from eating pasta. While I believe a lot of people feel better and are healthier when they don't have glutens, can pasta REALLY kill a person???
In my Washington Post forum, several peopel said the same thing: Celiac disease is that serious -- and that some people have it so bad, even food that merely touched pasta will have enough gluten on it that it will make them very sick.

I can't even imagine.

A recent article I read said that the likely culprit is the highly engineered grain foods we've created -- they are much more complex fibers than what we were eating in the past, and not everybody can adapt to process them fully.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#52 Feb 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
In my Washington Post forum, several peopel said the same thing: Celiac disease is that serious -- and that some people have it so bad, even food that merely touched pasta will have enough gluten on it that it will make them very sick.
I can't even imagine.
A recent article I read said that the likely culprit is the highly engineered grain foods we've created -- they are much more complex fibers than what we were eating in the past, and not everybody can adapt to process them fully.
That's very interesting. I never heard of that. I would imagine it's still fairly rare, though. But who would have thought?!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#53 Feb 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't even imagine.
Yup. My friend's case is that severe. He is very careful about what he eats and carries an epi-pen with him at all times, and has had to use it more than once - usually due to somebody thinking they are "helping" him by lying about what is in a dish, in order to prove that it's "all in his head".
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#54 Feb 1, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/magazine/th...

Try this article from the NY Times on diet as it affects something like an auto immune disease including celiac .
It closely mirrors teh diet I have been on for a month. I don't have the sensitivities(I think) and as a normal person I can tell the difference.

Location hidden

#55 Feb 1, 2013
A good friend of mine had a problem with reoccurring yeast infections, so she tried a gluten-free diet and it took a year, but the yeast infections were gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min harmonious 1,124,267
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 41 min JOEL 69,922
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min Aww Theyre Mad 50,580
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 179,208
Amy 10-19 2 hr Mister Tonka 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr texas pete 4,790
someone make fun of me sph 3 hr wolfnasty1556 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance