Comments
21 - 40 of 54 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#22 Jan 31, 2013
Rich people give each other gifts. Why wouldn't I give a baby gift to a sibling who's well off? She doesn't deserve it?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#23 Jan 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If she's gluten intolerant, the pasta could make her extremely ill for days. She can't eat it.
So she can order the dam fish. What the hell, this isn't hard. Is she five years old? Is she required to finish her plate before she'll be allowed to leave the table?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#24 Jan 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn' buy ANYONE a Rolex. Their occupation is irrelevant.
You're going to kill edog, yannow.

This response was probably the best, truest and humorous response of the day so far.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#25 Jan 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Rich people give each other gifts. Why wouldn't I give a baby gift to a sibling who's well off? She doesn't deserve it?
Not in edog's world.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26 Jan 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Exactly. You give gifts to people based on what YOU can afford and are comfortable giving, not based on what they can afford to buy themselves.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#27 Jan 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
You guys are hung up on gifts. I never said financially secure people don't deserve gifts. I'm talking about extravagant, expensive gifts. Would you give your wealthy sibling a mink stole? An 18 karat diamond ring? There are some things you give as gifts, and there are some things people can buy on their own.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#28 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, she can fake it. A plate of pasta and meatballs isn't going to kill her.
She's gluten-free. If it is because she has an allergy anywhere near as severe as a friend of mine has, then a plate of pasta certainly could kill her.
And she couldn't just ask for the vegetarian meal and pick out the stuff that she can eat. If there is pasta on the plate, she can't eat anything there.
I've been to several events with this friend, and he doesn't make an issue of it, just asks the caterer to fix a plate of whatever sides are safe for him to eat, and nobody has ever had a problem with that. Might have something to do with not wanting their catering company linked to anyone's death or something like that. It's hard to pick up any referrals when you kill any of the guests.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#29 Jan 31, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to kill edog, yannow.
This response was probably the best, truest and humorous response of the day so far.
That's not even my best material.

Location hidden

#30 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are hung up on gifts. I never said financially secure people don't deserve gifts. I'm talking about extravagant, expensive gifts. Would you give your wealthy sibling a mink stole? An 18 karat diamond ring? There are some things you give as gifts, and there are some things people can buy on their own.
Two parts to my response...
First, extravagant and expensive mean different things to different people. Bill Gates and I are not on the same page. What I consider extravagant is determined by MY income, not the recipient's.
Second, they are talking about contributing to big-ticket gifts, not telling people to buy it by themselves. Why would it be appropriate to spend $20 on a box of diapers, but not to chip in the same $20 with a bunch of others to buy the 2-seat stroller?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#31 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So she can order the dam fish. What the hell, this isn't hard. Is she five years old? Is she required to finish her plate before she'll be allowed to leave the table?
She's vegetarian. No fish.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#32 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, how did you make the leap from a stroller to a diamond ring or a mink fur? I don't know where you buy your strollers, but from what I have seen the mink and diamonds would have another zero or two in the price.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#33 Jan 31, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text> It's hard to pick up any referrals when you kill any of the guests.
Unless you were Dr. Kevorkian.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#34 Jan 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
For the third time she can FAKE IT!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#35 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, how did you make the leap from a stroller to a diamond ring or a mink fur? I don't know where you buy your strollers, but from what I have seen the mink and diamonds would have another zero or two in the price.
I will not even justify this ridiculous post with a response.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#36 Jan 31, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
Why would it be appropriate to spend $20 on a box of diapers, but not to chip in the same $20 with a bunch of others to buy the 2-seat stroller?
I have no problem with this. But they weren't just asking for a stroller, but many "big ticket" items. You might have to up your $20 donation.

Location hidden

#37 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with this. But they weren't just asking for a stroller, but many "big ticket" items. You might have to up your $20 donation.
No, they said if you would like to contribute, that would be great. They didn't say "As a group, we are buying this, this, and this, and your share is $____.
I have gotten a couple "invitations" like that, and I didn't even bother to respond.

Location hidden

#38 Jan 31, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.kidkustoms.com/theRoddler.html
$4495.00
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#39 Jan 31, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
Oh those. Yes, I see them everywhere.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#40 Jan 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, are you so hung up on the fact that you have a soul sucking job that pays squat that you begrudge someone who actually worked and finished their education and has a better-than-you income a gift? Really? Jealous much?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#41 Jan 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize he *just doesn't "get" it* right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 54 min the wandering girl 4,681
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr NMx 1,100,983
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 2 hr lucy 2
chief keef 2 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,030
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE