Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband

Full story: Newsday 54,522
First lady Laura Bush acknowledged President Bush 's unpopularity, but said Monday that history will vindicate her husband's two-term presidency. Full Story
Just Sayiing

Garden City, NY

#60322 Aug 26, 2012
Gary wrote:
Vindicated?
Well, let's see, Bush left two unfinished wars,
a federal deficit of $10.5 trillion, a 7.5% unemployment rate, an economy losing 700,000
jobs per month and a budget for 2009 that had
a built-in $1.5 trillion deficit. Even after numerous warnings about terrorists flying airliners
into tall buildings he was caught with his pants down and his response to Hurricane Katrina was strictly ho-hum. He jumped om Air Force One and
flew out to Arizona to help McCain cut his birthday cake.
Sum total? Complete criminal incompetence.
Obama continued the "unfinished wars", which are not only still ongoing, but under Obama our Afghan "allies" are murdering those we sent to help them. He added over $5 trillion to the deficit in only 3.5 years, and the unemployment rate has been well over 8% his entire term, despite massive federal spending on wasteful "green" and "shovel ready" projects. There was no direct or actionable intelligence about 9/11, which occurred 8 months into Bush's Administration. Hurricane Katrina was first and foremost a state and local responsibility, because the feds aren't first responders, nor should they be. The Governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans totally screwed up on Katrina, leaving a mess for others to clean up. What do you expect when you build a city in a bowl surrounded by water?

Speaking of criminal incompetence, if you really believe that Obama deserves another term, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale.
Just Sayiing

Garden City, NY

#60323 Aug 26, 2012
Murder Non Whites for OIL wrote:
Mr. Bush, Jr. and Sr., taught the World what Racist Genocide was. These were every bit as violent and racist as Hitler.
They won't be back
So if they only fought for oil, why is gas approaching $4 a gallon? Speaking of genocide, what about the left's darlings, Stalin and Mao, both of whom killed more than even Hitler did? To compare any American leader to them is beyond ignorance.
rider

Ishpeming, MI

#60324 Aug 27, 2012
On September 17, 1976, the CIA requested that the FBI locate de Mohrenschildt, because he had "attempted to get in touch with the CIA Director."[42] On September 5, 1976, De Mohrenschildt had written a letter to the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, George H. W. Bush asking for his assistance. The letter said:
You will excuse this hand-written letter. Maybe you will be able to bring a solution to the hopeless situation I find myself in. My wife and I find ourselves surrounded by some vigilantes; our phone bugged; and we are being followed everywhere. Either FBI is involved in this or they do not want to accept my complaints. We are driven to insanity by the situation. I have been behaving like a damn fool ever since my daughter Nadya died from [cystic fibrosis] over three years ago. I tried to write, stupidly and unsuccessfully, about Lee H Oswald and must have angered a lot of people — I do not know. But to punish an elderly man like myself and my highly nervous and sick wife is really too much. Could you do something to remove the net around us? This will be my last request for help and I will not annoy you any more. Good luck in your important job. Thank you so much.[43][44]
George Bush wrote back:
Let me say first that I know it must have been difficult for you to seek my help in the situation outlined in your letter. I believe I can appreciate your state of mind in view of your daughter's tragic death a few years ago, and the current poor state of your wife's health. I was extremely sorry to hear of these circumstances. In your situation I can well imagine how the attentions you described in your letter affect both you and your wife. However, my staff has been unable to find any indication of interest in your activities on the part of Federal authorities in recent years. The flurry of interest that attended your testimony before the Warren Commission has long subsided. I can only speculate that you may have become "newsworthy" again in view of the renewed interest in the Kennedy assassination, and thus may be attracting the attention of people in the media. I hope this letter had been of some comfort to you, George, although I realize I am unable to answer your question completely. George Bush, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.[CIA Exec Reg.# 76,51571 9.28.76][45]
George de Mohrenschildt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
George de Mohrenschildt (April 17, 1911 – March 29, 1977) was a petroleum
geologist and professor who befriended Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_de_Mohren ...- 93k -
rider

Ishpeming, MI

#60325 Aug 27, 2012
Ramafuchs wrote:
There are umpteen things to discuss before our DEATH.
Why the hell we all waste our time to perpetuate the old history
that old history is what got us here and will continue to keep us coming back until it is recognized as repitition.
Just Saying

Garden City, NY

#60327 Aug 28, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text>that old history is what got us here and will continue to keep us coming back until it is recognized as repitition.
Also, we need to learn from history. As the saying goes, those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.
The Repubichaircan

Owen Sound, Canada

#60328 Aug 29, 2012
Ya the responsiblilty is eight years of Bush #GOPconvention ruining the country !
The Repubichaircan

Owen Sound, Canada

#60329 Aug 29, 2012
Gary wrote:
Vindicated?
Well, let's see, Bush left two unfinished wars,
a federal deficit of $10.5 trillion, a 7.5% unemployment rate, an economy losing 700,000
jobs per month and a budget for 2009 that had
a built-in $1.5 trillion deficit. Even after numerous warnings about terrorists flying airliners
into tall buildings he was caught with his pants down and his response to Hurricane Katrina was strictly ho-hum. He jumped om Air Force One and
flew out to Arizona to help McCain cut his birthday cake.
Sum total? Complete criminal incompetence.
GOPconvention...sucks!
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60330 Aug 29, 2012
I wish to talk about the innocent decent and not-violent critical person's life in this holy blood thirsty than vomiting verbal venom to chase away the participants.
Till my fag end of my life
i wish to strive hard to expose the barbaric culture in the name of civilization.
i love all the living insects
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60331 Aug 29, 2012
i had enjoyed my whole life in india; Australia and in Germany.
If I die today and anyone ask what is your last comment before departing our civilized world then I would say.
The year 2000 to 2008 is my nightmare and not a dream
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60332 Aug 29, 2012
since english is not my language i always quote some .
Here is one to the ex-first lady of White house.
"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government… The mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few to ride them.– Thomas Jefferson
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60333 Aug 29, 2012
i was there in Abuzz( NYT chat forum)
elections will never change the individual assessment of the injustice.
I beg those who are rational and critical to keep aloof from this kind of commercial justification.
THE SYSTEM smells like TOILETS. your Channel 5 WILL NEVER make it nice and lovely
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60334 Aug 29, 2012
Name one resident of WH
All are products of the society.
we need to forget about our grown up life and think about the day of birth and dream a death like a child
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60335 Aug 29, 2012
History will vindicate Ghandhi for his barbaric behaviour .
History will vindicate Nelson M for his terrorist activities.
History will vindicate Mother T for her views.
History will vindicate all others but not the upholders of this ...
i took exception to the word VINDICATE

“Don't be afraid of my Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

or your own

#60336 Aug 29, 2012
Ramafuchs wrote:
I wish to talk about the innocent decent and not-violent critical person's life in this holy blood thirsty than vomiting verbal venom to chase away the participants.
Till my fag end of my life
i wish to strive hard to expose the barbaric culture in the name of civilization.
i love all the living insects
Well that good.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60337 Aug 29, 2012
Anyone who wish to play the roll of the commercial /corrupt sponsors are not my comrades..
I had exposed with my words and i had never tried to insult anyone because of their views.
Topix world forum is a forum where each and every one is at liberty to support his views. But civility and decency in language is vital.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60338 Aug 29, 2012
what i miss in Topix world forum is this.
Tolerance

Since: Aug 12

Marcus Hook, PA

#60339 Aug 29, 2012
I notice a disgusting attitude toward someone who really could not do anything about Katrina. Storms are an act of "god" or nature whatever you want to call it. I'm also disgusted at the unpatriotic remarks of fellow citizens of United States when you still consider and think about your privileges we live in the Best country in the world. Just forsake your citizenship see how fast you appreciate United States. Tell me what country supplies recourses for families with starving children and SSI and SSD for people with special needs? Where in United States do you have a constant uprising where martial law is called? Where you have constant uprisings in the capital Building? Where you have Suicide Bombers walking into courthouses and Public Buildings and killing innocent children and families of hard working citizens if you can find anything similar in United States I'd be interested. Other than that move to Iraq and some of them other countries You will appreciate your freedom.

God Bless America
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60340 Aug 29, 2012
oh God
if there is one
Save my soul
if i have one.

Most or all gods are not rational or visible or decent .
god bless America is the source.
In US $ paper we read In god we trust.
civilization is a dream for decent humans and gods are not there to shape a better world.
Are there any sort of God-fearing and law abiding non-violent participants here in this forum?
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60341 Aug 29, 2012
pity that i have to air my views about the holy history of USA under the noble son of Bush.
My name is Ramafuchs
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#60342 Aug 29, 2012
Those historians who wish to revive and uphold the nice and lovely period of american history which had started from 2000 till 2008
should find the apt intellectual english after 11th sept.
"Go do your shopping"
or something like that.
"Crusade" a word not from me but from the grand son of Bush

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Grey Ghost 1,127,024
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min jacques Ottawa 179,447
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Bite Me 50,643
very cute unuasual pix 5 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 6 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 6 hr Mister Tonka 12
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]