of 2
Next Last

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21 Apr 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Who isn't straddled wirth student loans?
me
boundary painter

San Antonio, TX

#22 Apr 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I saved and paid for mine..

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#23 Apr 24, 2014
Obamma is going to let me default on mine.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#24 Apr 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I graduated with only about 10k in loans. Luckily, I got a job that paid for most of my last 2 years.

I have the pre-paid college plan for my daughter, so as long as she goes to an in-state public school, her tuition will be covered.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#25 Apr 24, 2014
That was a rhetorical question about the LW, I wasn't asking you guys personally. Again, I just find it foolish to take on debt when you can have a free ride. Sounds like the daughter is getting a free ride either way, since the parents will pick up the debt. I say the LW should tell the daughter that if she wants the other school, the debt will be her responsibility

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#26 Apr 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
That was a rhetorical question about the LW, I wasn't asking you guys personally. Again, I just find it foolish to take on debt when you can have a free ride. Sounds like the daughter is getting a free ride either way, since the parents will pick up the debt. I say the LW should tell the daughter that if she wants the other school, the debt will be her responsibility
I do kind of agree with you here.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#27 Apr 24, 2014
squishymama wrote:
LW2: Maybe try getting a different alarm clock. I'm a snoozer and I use my cell phone on vibrate. He could tuck that under his pillow and then it would only bother him.
For the win! Such a simple, obvious solution once you point it out.
:)
Kuuipo

Seaside, CA

#28 Apr 24, 2014
LW1: IMHO, you'd be foolish to turn down a full scholarship. That's a whole lot of free money vs. a whole lot of debt.

LW2: Team squishymama and/or try sleeping with earplugs.

LW3: Loved it!

Since: Dec 09

Smalltown, Colorado

#29 Apr 24, 2014
LW1- You need to read "David and Goliath" by Gladwell. It puts a whole nother spin on schools and what works. The short answer is to go with the scholarships. Extra bonus is not debt after college.

LW2 - Turnabout is fair play. You can set the your alarm an hour earlier and play snooze until he is so sick of it. You will get the same amount of sleep and he will be driven crazy.

#30 Apr 24, 2014
Ouch! I love that idea!
Shari23 wrote:
LW1- You need to read "David and Goliath" by Gladwell. It puts a whole nother spin on schools and what works. The short answer is to go with the scholarships. Extra bonus is not debt after college.
LW2 - Turnabout is fair play. You can set the your alarm an hour earlier and play snooze until he is so sick of it. You will get the same amount of sleep and he will be driven crazy.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#31 Apr 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
LW1- unless she is deciding between Podunk Community College and Princeton, I think the reasons that LW gave for being the better school are crap..
You're so awesome! LOL
I am a HUGE academic nerd and I demand this chick go to school A.
They say it's great academically and paid for. Idiots! That's all you need. She'll deal 4 little years away from you and her friends.

I see these morons co-signing then ending up paying when she can't. Idiots. I can't....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#32 Apr 24, 2014
2: This is one of my fears when I marry, rofl.
I'm not a morning person and I can't snooze like crazy but wouldn't if it bothered my guy.
However, being a teacher and a prof who isn't always up early (middle school starts at 9 and in college it's changing and some days nothing and some days nigt courses), I would be livid if my sleep were ruined.

After bro's passing, I developed insomnia and I still sleep roughly and if I wake, it messes up everything. If I fall back I'm more groggy and a zombie and that is so unhealthy.

However, I found a solution: they make watches that vibrate! You wear it and it vibrates you awake without any sound to the other....might be my hubby's wedding day gift. HA!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#33 Apr 24, 2014
boundary painter wrote:
<quoted text>
I saved and paid for mine..
By the time I saved enough on single teacher's salary to afford a PhD, I'd be too old to get it!
I see my loans as an investment.

Scholarships and parents paid my bachelor's.
I took loans on my master's and will have a nice loan from PhD.
But I don't gamble or buy expensive clothes or jewelry. I own nothing namebrand and rarely travel (if I do it's for school). So I figure it's an investment, I'll get it paid off eventually...life goes on.
Kuuipo

Seaside, CA

#34 Apr 24, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so awesome! LOL
I am a HUGE academic nerd and I demand this chick go to school A.
They say it's great academically and paid for. Idiots! That's all you need. She'll deal 4 little years away from you and her friends.
I see these morons co-signing then ending up paying when she can't. Idiots. I can't....
LW is looking for an excuse to go with school B so that she can keep her daughter at home and brag to her friends, "MY daughter is going to Prestigious University!"

#35 Apr 24, 2014
No worries. I am a morning person, I wake up when the light is upon me and I do not use a sh=nooze alarm,
cheluzal wrote:
2: This is one of my fears when I marry, rofl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,252,770
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min red and right 192,564
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min USA people 54,013
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr nonattorney spoke... 99,937
9 dead 53 injured 3 hr Right Wing 10
abby7-7-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr White_Lightning 6,156
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages