Student arrested for 'passing gas' an...

Student arrested for 'passing gas' and turning off classmates' ...

There are 5662 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 25, 2008, titled Student arrested for 'passing gas' and turning off classmates' .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

According to a report released Friday by the Martin County Sheriff's Office, the 13-year-old boy "continually disrupted his classroom environment" by intentionally breaking wind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

homer

United States

#47 Nov 25, 2008
Arrest the parents for raising such a punk and sending him to disrupt the school.
DILF

Huntington, NY

#48 Nov 25, 2008
Hanoverians-Saxon wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL SAID!
This child more than likely picked up some bad habits from his dad. Lacking social skills is not an excuse for calling 5-0-
That's a very sexist statement my friend.....I'll pit my wifes farts against yours anyday.......
Vice President

Hanover Park, IL

#49 Nov 25, 2008
news flash wrote:
Can you imagine this kid in Crook County jail letting one go in the cell with this big 350 lb. monster for an inmate, I guess he would learn the cure for this real fast.
Actually I think soiling his shorts and making himself as unattractive as possible would probably be a good idea in that particular situation.
Joe

Baltimore, MD

#50 Nov 25, 2008
I wonder if this case will ever be spotlighted on one of those History Channel Crime and Punishment shows? The Great Fart Caper of 2008 and the crackerjack cops who brought an end to the terror.

I still can't understand arresting the boy for farting. When I was in school, the embarassment from a loud fart was punishment enough. A good wind breaker was always a good ice breaker during the tense hours at test time.

Since: Oct 08

Miami, FL

#51 Nov 25, 2008
unclesharkey wrote:
How about punishing this kid by making him clean the restrooms at school. Since he likes farting maybe cleaing a few toilets will lead him to a career in the janitorial field and save him from leading a life of flatulence.
Yeah, cause he sounds like the type of student that would adhere to that punishment.
Juke Box Hero

Schaumburg, IL

#52 Nov 25, 2008
TotallyOffTopic wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that he turned off other kids' computers too--oh the horror!
(rolling my eyes and wondering why this meritted more than a trip to detention)
Oh you're right!! My bad. Holy crap this is hysterical... can you imagine the cop that had to fill out the report? He probably feels something like this now:

"It's awkward having a policeman around the house. Friends drop in, a man with a badge answers the door, the temperature drops 20 degrees.

You throw a party and that badge gets in the way. All of a sudden there isn't a straight man in the crowd. Everybody's a comedian. "Don't drink too much," somebody says, "or the man with a badge'll run you in." Or "How's it going, Dick Tracy? How many jaywalkers did you pinch today?" And then there's always the one who wants to know how many apples you stole.

All at once you lost your first name. You're a cop, a flatfoot, a bull, a dick, John Law. You're the fuzz, the heat; you're poison, you're trouble, you're bad news. They call you everything, but never a policeman.

It's not much of a life, unless you don't mind missing a Dodger game because the hotshot phone rings. Unless you like working Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, at a job that doesn't pay overtime. Oh, the pay's adequate-- if you count pennies you can put your kid through college, but you better plan on seeing Europe on your television set.

And then there's your first night on the beat. When you try to arrest a drunken prostitute in a Main St. bar and she rips your new uniform to shreds. You'll buy another one-- out of your own pocket.

And you're going to rub elbows with the elite-- pimps, addicts, thieves, bums, winos, girls who can't keep an address and men who don't care. Liars, cheats, con men-- the class of Skid Row. And little kids who fart in class and turn off computers.
Communist Clam

United States

#53 Nov 25, 2008
vibrator stew wrote:
I hope he didn't **** his pants with all that farting
That would be a shart.

Now I've ripped some window rattlers over the years, but I have yet to blast one that turned a computer off.

That kid has talent!
Communist Clam

United States

#54 Nov 25, 2008
DILF wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a very sexist statement my friend.....I'll pit my wifes farts against yours anyday.......
That's why I don't fart around the wife. I am afraid of the retaliation.
jo jo

Anchorage, AK

#55 Nov 25, 2008
did he blow a gasket when King bama was elected ???
Joe

Baltimore, MD

#56 Nov 25, 2008
I wonder when the Department of Homeland Security will start interrogating the boy to determine who sent him in to the school to unleash a gas attack? His charges will probably be upgraded from public farting to conspiracy to commit bioterror. This sounds very similar to an episode of the Sarah Silverman show.
Paws Out

United States

#57 Nov 25, 2008
The arresting officer should lose his badge. Seriously. This is a funny article, but being arrested is NOT funny.

This kid should fight these fascists with every fiber (he) of his being.
Huh

Fort Myers, FL

#58 Nov 25, 2008
W_T_F wrote:
and how does one do this intentionally. please explain this to me.
Its easy- say you need to rip a fart in a public place, most people hold it in, go to bathroom or maybe make a loud noise to cause a distraction. This kid was letting them rip with no regard for his classmates.
Paws Out

United States

#59 Nov 25, 2008
Communist Clam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I don't fart around the wife. I am afraid of the retaliation.
Amen to that brother! I figure it's worth the occasional discomfort of holding it in to keep that Pandora's box closed!
Mazikeen

Philadelphia, PA

#60 Nov 25, 2008
Paws Out wrote:
The arresting officer should lose his badge. Seriously. This is a funny article, but being arrested is NOT funny.
This kid should fight these fascists with every fiber (he) of his being.
he's a juvenile. Being arrested at that age, builds character.. It provides a good story, and it can not prevent him from take a job or entering the military.
mary anne

United States

#61 Nov 25, 2008
let em's rip i say
Justice

Mansfield Center, CT

#62 Nov 25, 2008
If found guilty, we the boy have a criminal record? Is this a felony?
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#63 Nov 25, 2008
New laws: Farting in school is a misdemeanor
$hitting your self is a felony
So skip the burrito lunch special children.
Paws Out

United States

#64 Nov 25, 2008
Juke Box Hero wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you're right!! My bad. Holy crap this is hysterical... can you imagine the cop that had to fill out the report? He probably feels something like this now:
"It's awkward having a policeman around the house. Friends drop in, a man with a badge answers the door, the temperature drops 20 degrees.
You throw a party and that badge gets in the way. All of a sudden there isn't a straight man in the crowd. Everybody's a comedian. "Don't drink too much," somebody says, "or the man with a badge'll run you in." Or "How's it going, Dick Tracy? How many jaywalkers did you pinch today?" And then there's always the one who wants to know how many apples you stole.
All at once you lost your first name. You're a cop, a flatfoot, a bull, a dick, John Law. You're the fuzz, the heat; you're poison, you're trouble, you're bad news. They call you everything, but never a policeman.
It's not much of a life, unless you don't mind missing a Dodger game because the hotshot phone rings. Unless you like working Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, at a job that doesn't pay overtime. Oh, the pay's adequate-- if you count pennies you can put your kid through college, but you better plan on seeing Europe on your television set.
And then there's your first night on the beat. When you try to arrest a drunken prostitute in a Main St. bar and she rips your new uniform to shreds. You'll buy another one-- out of your own pocket.
And you're going to rub elbows with the elite-- pimps, addicts, thieves, bums, winos, girls who can't keep an address and men who don't care. Liars, cheats, con men-- the class of Skid Row. And little kids who fart in class and turn off computers.
Very funny stuff. I'm pretty sick of the whole "cops are heroes" mentality pressed upon our country. Cops are for the most part ignorant, power-hungry monsters.

Think of the times in your life you've been hassled by a criminal. Now think of the times in your life you've been hassled by a cop. I'll bet the latter far exceeds the former.

The cops mantra is "To serve and protect" who do they serve? Who do they protect?

I've had my car broken into and called the police...they didn't even bother coming out to file a report. it was done over the phone. Why? there was no one to arrest. No reason to help or investigate if there's nobody worth arresting.

Now, had I been loud inside my apartment, or heaven forbid, smoking a joint, they'd be there in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't the world be a much better place without cops? For those who've lost friends or family in the call of duty I do apologize, but the question remains the same. Imagine a world without cops. It's probably a better place.
Paws Out

United States

#65 Nov 25, 2008
Mazikeen wrote:
<quoted text>
he's a juvenile. Being arrested at that age, builds character.. It provides a good story, and it can not prevent him from take a job or entering the military.
So as long as their young...arrest them all. Wow. Just wow. Kids have the same rights to freedom that every American does. This is in direct violation of the constitution. Some things can be handled without police intervention. I tend to think flatulence is one of them.
RWH

United States

#66 Nov 25, 2008
jo jo wrote:
did he blow a gasket when King bama was elected ???
Maybe, lord knows you had to have your diapers changed as often as McCain once reality hit home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,681,641
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Chicagoan by Birth 243,224
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min Junket 11,736
last post wins! (Apr '13) 42 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,730
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 3,225
White house press core 2 hr CANT STAND LOONS 4
maxine waters 2 hr CANT STAND LOONS 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages