Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Carter wrote:
I can not stand a damn yankee. I have heard way to many of them brag and brag about how things are done up north.Well, if its that damn good up north, why the hell did they move down south? Never heard of anyone retiring up north do you? Its cause of the damn yankees.
We have to come South to civilize you animals
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Carter wrote:
I can not stand a damn yankee. I have heard way to many of them brag and brag about how things are done up north.Well, if its that damn good up north, why the hell did they move down south? Never heard of anyone retiring up north do you? Its cause of the damn yankees.
A guy from my neighborhood is now a professor at UNC. He was always pretty smart, but not a genius. You people must think he is smarter than Einstein

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
A guy from my neighborhood is now a professor at UNC. He was always pretty smart, but not a genius. You people must think he is smarter than Einstein
Does he wear socks with his sandals? Wear a backpack?

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to come South to civilize you animals
You better civilize your fellow yankees.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Carter wrote:
LMAO...you haven't a clue Carter, not a clue. I have a good friend who did exactly that...moved to Buffalo, NY to RETIRE! Better food, healthcare, change of seasons and a good way of life. He LOVES IT. You haven't a clue! ME, I'm young and I moved away to Louisianna...more work with MUCH better pay, better food and some common sense.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I find southern people to be very rude. There is no such thing as southern hosptitality. If you only apply it to other southerners, then that makes you a biggot, which is oximoronic.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Carter wrote:
Peole retire to the South because of the weather, not the people. You have no control over the climate. But, you do have control over your behavior. You choose not to demonstrate control.
Carter

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Peole retire to the South because of the weather, not the people. You have no control over the climate. But, you do have control over your behavior. You choose not to demonstrate control.
People who are born and raised in the south are taught to treat others as they treat them. That explains ALOT. Yankees are rude, push in line, cut people off in traffic and basically think of themselves and no one else. That is why alot of them are treated badly in the south. They get what they dish out.
Carter

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO...you haven't a clue Carter, not a clue. I have a good friend who did exactly that...moved to Buffalo, NY to RETIRE! Better food, healthcare, change of seasons and a good way of life. He LOVES IT. You haven't a clue! ME, I'm young and I moved away to Louisianna...more work with MUCH better pay, better food and some common sense.
Tell your friend to PLEASE come back and load up some more yankees and take them back to ny with them. I dont think anyone raised in the south would try to prevent them from leaving. In fact, they would probably be thrilled they are gone!
Only this

Clarion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

No matter where someone is from, there are polite people and rude people.
I think we, Yankees have our own version of hospitality. We donít brag about it, and we raise are children to be sensitive of those around us. You donít hear us telling Southerners to go home when they whine about life up here (which, they do) because we try to see it from their point of view and understand homesickness. We are also more curios, and try to embrace their culture so we can learn from it. That may come from 17 million people coming here over the past centuries. You here Southerners complaining about Mexicans, but we wonít complain about Canadians coming here to spend their money and talk about how Canada is better because we have an understanding that to anyone home is better.
There were Texans who came to my neighborhood, and they were shocked on how many people were coming to their house dropping off homemade jam, or real apple cider (in the winter), giving them their winter coats, shoveling out their driveway, teaching them how to make homemade soup. We know how to survive, and want new comers to survive as well.
RAGE

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Only this wrote:
No matter where someone is from, there are polite people and rude people.
I think we, Yankees have our own version of hospitality. We donít brag about it, and we raise are children to be sensitive of those around us. You donít hear us telling Southerners to go home when they whine about life up here (which, they do) because we try to see it from their point of view and understand homesickness. We are also more curios, and try to embrace their culture so we can learn from it. That may come from 17 million people coming here over the past centuries. You here Southerners complaining about Mexicans, but we wonít complain about Canadians coming here to spend their money and talk about how Canada is better because we have an understanding that to anyone home is better.
There were Texans who came to my neighborhood, and t

hey were shocked on how many people were coming to their house dropping off homemade jam, or real apple cider (in the winter), giving them their winter coats, shoveling out their driveway, teaching them how to make homemade soup. We know how to survive, and want new comers to survive as well.
BAHAHAHahhha

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Carter wrote:
<quoted text>
People who are born and raised in the south are taught to treat others as they treat them. That explains ALOT. Yankees are rude, push in line, cut people off in traffic and basically think of themselves and no one else. That is why alot of them are treated badly in the south. They get what they dish out.
Cut people off in traffic? Ever hear of a signal? Southerners lack the intellectual capacity and motor skills to drive signal at the same time. And, you wonder why there are so many of you idiots in embankments on 485. Retards.
LMAO

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Five star yankee resturants have snails on the menu.
Is that how you chipped your front teeth? Somebody should have told you you weren't supposed to eat the shell too.
Just a Reader

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

So what...some southern ones do too. SO WHAT....
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Five star yankee resturants have snails on the menu.
LMAO

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Just a Reader wrote:
So what...some southern ones do too. SO WHAT....
<quoted text>
Timmy won't eat anything that isn't layered in pure lard.
This is sick

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

With everything that is happening currently in this country, this topic is really what you want to beat to death? There are good and bad people everywhere, and everyone has a story. "I Hate Syracuse" often posts and comments about how stupid, nasty, and downright disgusting Southerners are......it seems to be his objective in life to constantly rail against a group of people based solely on geographical location. Just because you are a southerner it does not mean you are missing all teeth, live in an RV, or eat pig knuckles and snouts in beans. Look up some delicacies in Asian countries, you will find some really strange foods (strange to us anyway, as we are not exposed to this regularly). I am a native of this area, and most use a different cut of bacon to season green beans (locally referred to as salt pork or fatback) I went to 4 year university and have a three digit genius level IQ and an eidetic memory. I was raised with a serious stress on manners, and taught not to hate others, but dislike their actions if they were out of line. This is disgusting, just like the forum entitled "Are all Southerners stupid or do they just sound that way" No we are not all stupid, but there are unintelligent people everywhere. In our defense we experienced a huge influx of people relocating to this area before the housing market bubble burst, and it put a huge stress on the infrastructure here. Schools became overcrowded, our criminal systems became jammed by all the out of state sex offenders trying to relocate, and it left a lot of residents with a bad turn toward Northerners. Some came off as being stuffed shirt blowhards that wanted to complain about everything. For example zoning in traditional farming areas. Those farms have existed for 80-1oo years and no one really has the right to move right beside an existing farm and then claim that it needs to be moved. They knew it was there when they bought the propery, and you cannot expect everything to change just because you graced us with your presence. It would be like moving to NYC and complaining about the traffic noise. It is assanign and juvenile to think the world revolves around you. Get over it and coexist.
This is sick

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

*asinine I am sure I will be considered stupid since I made 1 spelling error
Just a Reader

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Good one.....
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a Reader

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

I agree completely. Well said.
This is sick wrote:
With everything that is happening currently in this country, this topic is really what you want to beat to death? There are good and bad people everywhere, and everyone has a story. "I Hate Syracuse" often posts and comments about how stupid, nasty, and downright disgusting Southerners are......it seems to be his objective in life to constantly rail against a group of people based solely on geographical location. Just because you are a southerner it does not mean you are missing all teeth, live in an RV, or eat pig knuckles and snouts in beans. Look up some delicacies in Asian countries, you will find some really strange foods (strange to us anyway, as we are not exposed to this regularly). I am a native of this area, and most use a different cut of bacon to season green beans (locally referred to as salt pork or fatback) I went to 4 year university and have a three digit genius level IQ and an eidetic memory. I was raised with a serious stress on manners, and taught not to hate others, but dislike their actions if they were out of line. This is disgusting, just like the forum entitled "Are all Southerners stupid or do they just sound that way" No we are not all stupid, but there are unintelligent people everywhere. In our defense we experienced a huge influx of people relocating to this area before the housing market bubble burst, and it put a huge stress on the infrastructure here. Schools became overcrowded, our criminal systems became jammed by all the out of state sex offenders trying to relocate, and it left a lot of residents with a bad turn toward Northerners. Some came off as being stuffed shirt blowhards that wanted to complain about everything. For example zoning in traditional farming areas. Those farms have existed for 80-1oo years and no one really has the right to move right beside an existing farm and then claim that it needs to be moved. They knew it was there when they bought the propery, and you cannot expect everything to change just because you graced us with your presence. It would be like moving to NYC and complaining about the traffic noise. It is assanign and juvenile to think the world revolves around you. Get over it and coexist.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembered when I first moved south. I went to this restaurant that called it self some kind of "country style" buffet. I went to ladle out some green beans and it had these big chunks of bone, hog knuckles, chicken beaks and other crazy stuff swimming in it. Stick with the corn, that usually doesn't have stuff like that in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 8 min Waco 1909 56,192
18 year old moving from CA to Charlotte? 49 min ToEachIsOwn 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... 1 hr Yep 5
Cmc Biddle Point 5 hr SeekingAdvise 1
I Love Black Women (May '11) 5 hr I Hate Syracuse 230
i lost my love. 21 hr lost love 1
Do you think women with hairy armpits are ok (Jan '09) Sun Joker 531
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••