Why are Southerners rude in action, b...

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#239 Jul 22, 2014
I am glad most people in my planned community are mostly educated, skilled, and not from the South.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#240 Jul 22, 2014
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
I am glad most people in my planned community are mostly educated, skilled, and not from the South.
I'm glad very few yankees are in my community.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#241 Jul 22, 2014
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad very few yankees are in my community.
Timmy_, you and I both know you are lying unless you live in a trailer home.😊

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#242 Jul 22, 2014
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad very few yankees are in my community.
That's because you're in a trailer park.
Mickey

Denver, NC

#243 Jul 23, 2014
The Yankees are responsible for TRASH! We have our private partys etc. They are never invited NO PROBLEM!!!!
OKq288

Indian Trail, NC

#244 Jul 23, 2014
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
Planned community in Wyandanch?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#245 Jul 24, 2014
OKq288 wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned community in Wyandanch?
am 'from' Wyandanch, I do not live in Wyandanch. I cannot control where I'm from, only how I end up.
ToEachIsOwn

Charlotte, NC

#246 Jul 28, 2014
This post originated stating southern people have no hospitality. Then went into a rant with 'examples' as proof to this theory. In reality, though, the entire world is in lack of hospitality. It's not just a specific region. Over the years, people have lost respect and compassion toward one another.

Since: Jul 14

Andrews, NC

#247 Jul 28, 2014
SouthernLies wrote:
Southerners don't tell the truth. They will say bless your heart when what they mean is anything similar to a blessing. They will ridicule black people for not being "smart", but then they will incorrectly use subject and verbs. For example they will say "we is doing well." They will claim to have southern hospitality, but they will ridicule you if you have preferences that differ from theirs. For example I once didn't want ice in my drink and they told me I was weird. How is that hospitality when I'm a guest at their house? They will be nice to you in person ,but talk poorly about you when you are gone especially if you're not from the South or even if you're from a different southern state. They will make fun of your hometown weather even though they have ice storms, tornadoes, hail, and hurricanes. They will make you feel bad if you are different in any way. They will be arrogant and think that their way of living is the only right way. When there is a hurricane, the people in brick houses won't invite the people living in trailers over to their house for protection. People in the South have been trained to not like their neighbors and never "inconvenience" their neighbors by asking for help.
You must have met some screwed up people to be able to judge us all like that....People will comment on your accent and I don't mind because where we live in the USA determines our accent and everyone always talks about the different accents, it doesn't mean they are being disrespectful and I don't take offense to it. I am proud of my accent just like everyone else is proud of theirs it defines who you are...When I meet someone form Boston or New York I always know them accents..and I give a snigger with respect because they always comment on our accents and we have nice conversations describe-ING the different way we say everyday things is a conversation piece and excepted all over the world where common languages are separated by north or south accents...As for talking behind someones back most of us really don't do that,,, if I like someone the last thing I would do tear them apart when they are not in the same room...that is despicable...but to be truthful I am sure it is done from those who live up North...you have people like that everywhere...Find new friends and you will discover we are not all like that..Lots of good people in this world....But are you?
Concerned Citizen

Baltimore, MD

#248 Jul 30, 2014
SouthernLies wrote:
Last summer a friend of mine rode his bicycle with his son (14 years old) from Delaware to Atlanta Georgia as a father son adventure. They called places ahead of time to camp out in the yards of businesses or churches. During part of their trip in North Carolina they came upon a really bad storm and needed a safe place. So they went under a car port near someone's house and this Southern lady comes out with a shotgun. My friend and his 14 yr old son, soaking wet with their bicycles, explain what that they're on a father and son trip and that they don't want to go inside the lady's house or bother her, they just need the shelter of the carport until the storm passes. The lady points her shotgun at the 14 year old and my friend and tells them to go into the rain. How's that for Southern hospitality? Again, the more you hear about what actually goes on in the South, the more you realize that Southerners are all talk and that their actions don't match up with their words.
As Mae Hemm said, "your emergency is not my emergency." That's the true Southern motto.
Your friend and his son were trespassing. Perhaps they should have knocked on the door and asked if they could wait out the storm in the carport before they took it upon themselves to use someone elses property without permission!

Location hidden

#249 Aug 1, 2014
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>
Timmy_, you and I both know you are lying unless you live in a trailer home.😊
Some of the worst trailer parks are in the north. I remember seeing one from the interstate that only had about 5 feet between each trailer.

Location hidden

#251 Aug 2, 2014
Lyyyyyfffff Cccoaaacccch wrote:
<quoted text>
There are very few trailer parks up north because it's too cold
They just stuff more newspapers in the walls up there for insulation. There are trailers even in Canada. eh
North Carolina

Mount Airy, NC

#254 Sep 15, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
The North whooped the south once and if necessary, WILL do it again so you really should watch your mouth. I left NC for Louisiana just to get to some form of civilization.
You realize Louisiana is still in the south right....???

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#255 Sep 17, 2014
North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize Louisiana is still in the south right....???
Well, he is from NC, so he likely is not aware that Louisiana is in the South. That would be too difficult for him.:-)

Since: Sep 14

Matthews, NC

#256 Sep 23, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
The North whooped the south once and if necessary, WILL do it again so you really should watch your mouth. I left NC for Louisiana just to get to some form of civilization.
You definitely look at things as the glass is half empty. You seem to have either a chip on your shoulder or just tend to look at the negative things. As a military daughter and wife, I've experienced all sorts of places. The people in the north are aware of their rudeness. Don't care if they are rude. They are brash, abrasive and obnoxious. That's a person looking from the outside. Once you embrace a community and see the way they mean things, it's not rudeness. I had to learn the ways of other cultures and cone to know how they are. Then coming to realize Tgey don't mean any rudeness. Northerners don't think each other as rude or inappropriate. Tgey are used to the culture and how they are. You should try engaging yourself and learning from one another and their differences. If you constantly compare and criticize you will always be unhappy where you are. I've been in NC 9 years and I think these southerns are the friendliness ive met anywhere. I lived in Germany and you should live there to learn what true rudness is. Of course, They dont think they are rude. It's all on where you grew up and how you were reared.
Taxpayer

Sylva, NC

#257 Sep 23, 2014
Murphy folks are all sweet and honey wouldn't melt in their mouths to your face. Behind your back they refer to anyone from elsewhere with derogatory names. It's probably like that everywhere but it's hard to deal with some of these rock stupid people. Even so-called college grads (Tri county) can't speak or spell using proper grammar. It's sad.

Since: Jul 14

Marion, NC

#258 Sep 26, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
Murphy folks are all sweet and honey wouldn't melt in their mouths to your face. Behind your back they refer to anyone from elsewhere with derogatory names. It's probably like that everywhere but it's hard to deal with some of these rock stupid people. Even so-called college grads (Tri county) can't speak or spell using proper grammar. It's sad.
That is probably the way you are and so you judge everyone else by your own standards which seem pretty petty to me...
Your Hoo-Hoo Is Showing

Evanston, IL

#259 Jan 28, 2015
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Your not missed.
And, you're obviously a dumb southerner who cannot spell.
wonderful food

Sylva, NC

#260 Jan 28, 2015
I'm not a Yankee, but came south from California. The only rudeness I encounter is from Yankees or those from "up north." I've never had a problem with southern people but lots of problems with the chronic complaining of the move-ins who will NEVER be accepted by southern people.

Reading the first post told me I would not like that person at all because they weren't thick skinned and felt abused.

I've heard people complain about not being "liked" who moved to Andrews NC. What is this need to be "liked" nonsense? Are northerners so use to crowded conditions that they can't understand people's need for privacy and space? I love living in this area where people mind their own business, except for the dang move-ins who want to strike up conversations and end up bitching about everything. Move out, if you are that miserable. Go to Blairsville or Blue Ridge, GA, where the Floridiots are in big numbers. You'll find "friends" who "like" you there.

When will move-ins understand that people were born and raised in this area on land that has been handed down generation to generation. They have huge extended families and most attend church. Their social life and dance card is full. They are suspicious of the move-ins who think they know better and are smarter. I am, too. The move-ins have no regard for the mountains or nature. What was once a good area to hunt is void of wildlife because of people building houses.

I also blame the offspring of locals who have moved away and have no regard for their family land and sell it. That to me is criminal.

I'd much rather live here than anywhere else.

Location hidden

#261 Jan 28, 2015
wonderful food wrote:
I'm not a Yankee, but came south from California. The only rudeness I encounter is from Yankees or those from "up north." I've never had a problem with southern people but lots of problems with the chronic complaining of the move-ins who will NEVER be accepted by southern people.
Reading the first post told me I would not like that person at all because they weren't thick skinned and felt abused.
I've heard people complain about not being "liked" who moved to Andrews NC. What is this need to be "liked" nonsense? Are northerners so use to crowded conditions that they can't understand people's need for privacy and space? I love living in this area where people mind their own business, except for the dang move-ins who want to strike up conversations and end up bitching about everything. Move out, if you are that miserable. Go to Blairsville or Blue Ridge, GA, where the Floridiots are in big numbers. You'll find "friends" who "like" you there.
When will move-ins understand that people were born and raised in this area on land that has been handed down generation to generation. They have huge extended families and most attend church. Their social life and dance card is full. They are suspicious of the move-ins who think they know better and are smarter. I am, too. The move-ins have no regard for the mountains or nature. What was once a good area to hunt is void of wildlife because of people building houses.
I also blame the offspring of locals who have moved away and have no regard for their family land and sell it. That to me is criminal.
I'd much rather live here than anywhere else.
Yea that's all the floridiots do is whine and try to take over everything. No One cares how they did it in florida.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Brigida Mack (Apr '09) 2 hr Lucinda 42
Growing up in Mt Holly (Apr '12) 7 hr Onetrikpony 27
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 10 hr John Doe 4,879
New to charlotte, looking for boy what's good? 23 hr Istillfeelher310 11
Why Belmont has an Undying Love for Alcoholics Tue Incredulous 7
Pain relief May 22 dontputonthatredd... 5
Extended stay america May 22 Disturbed 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages