Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#12625 Jun 10, 2012
waco1954 wrote:
<quoted text> well...I'll only tell you this....I have a big enough job on my hands with my OWN soul....if someone needs spiritual guidance....i'm not the best...but if they ASK I try to help...I don't jam anything down their throats..if I pray for someone I don't tell them...unless they want to hear that I am..I asked someone to pray for me last week..for instance...
I wish more Christians were like this, but the case is, they are not.

Evidently something in the bible leads them to think they must convert all humans to be Christians.

Mitt Romney for example went to France for years, on a mission to convert as many humans as possible to Mormonism. Mormons are Christians despite what some Christians claim.
He got four deferments for Vietnam for doing so.

Ironically, he claims to have wished he could have gone to Nam. I guess he does not realize the choice was his all along. Either that or his just blatantly lying.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12626 Jun 10, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it funny how I do not respond to your demeaning posts by cursing and using vulgarities. I believe the same to be true of Robert.
Could it be a difference in the level of maturity between us?
We have our individual methods of response to demeaning posts.
I feel an occasional vulgarity is warranted to some of your outrageously demeaning posts.
Maybe there is a better way to respond, but I still think you expect more to much civility in response to your uncivil remarks.

I do not feel my remarks are as demeaning and as constant as yours.
But if you find any in the future, as I said, please feel free to point them out.

I understand you draw the line at vulgarities as if that is the only taboo to be had in the world of writing.

I feel your constant demeaning posts show a high level of immaturity.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12627 Jun 10, 2012
"AIDS information can not be what some call 'value neutral.' After all, when it comes to preventing AIDS, don't medicine and morality teach the same lessons."
--Ronald Reagan, April 2, 1987 (audio here: http://www.actupny.org/reports/reagan.html )

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12628 Jun 10, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Bill Gates receive government funding when starting his company?
Did Thomas Edison?
People who receive government help learn one important lesson.
To ask for more help.
Keep that line going as our economy collapses because you wished in one hand for a Bill Gates to fix all of our problems.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12629 Jun 10, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Bill Gates receive government funding when starting his company?
Did Thomas Edison?
People who receive government help learn one important lesson.
To ask for more help.
Bill Gates developed his technology under IBM as he worked for them.

Can technology be developed without government funding? Sure, but do you really wish to roll the dice on our economic future on that?

There was an economic need for his technology. And as you pointed out, there is not one as of yet for alternative fuel.

You seem to keep forgetting this critical element.

And as long as the republican establishment is in denial of global warming, a large portion of the populous is not concerned much about the pollution gas engines produce.

Point being, the lack of motivation is the problem.
When the populous is not motivated to innovate through private industry, government is an option to balance out needs of the future economic security.

Keep in mind, security is a role of government. Without securing energy, our security is at risk.
This is not just an issue of comfort or the environment. Security is at risk.

We fight wars over oil. Clearly this is a security issue. Thus an issue for our government to fix were private industry fails.

Fact is, Obama is at least trying to use private industry with government help to fix the problem. But you guys just cheer when it does not work in a one hundred percent manner. IE Solandra.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12630 Jun 10, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it funny how I do not respond to your demeaning posts by cursing and using vulgarities. I believe the same to be true of Robert.
Could it be a difference in the level of maturity between us?
Just in case you are unaware, the last sentence you wrote is demeaning and not necessary to the conversation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12631 Jun 10, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a person posts a SINGLE post which you disagree with you completely write off any of their future points?
Do you understand how you are easily viewed as a liberal elitist?
Liberal elitist? Demeaning.

Let me give you a tip. After you write your last sentence of your posts, erase it then send.
I do this myself quite often.

My objections to his post went far beyond disagreement. It showed him to be of irrational perspective of reality.

Should I have erased that last sentence? Maybe.
Does that mean I will not take into consideration his future points? No. They will be suspect without facts though, due to my knowledge of his extremely warped perspective of reality.
The Truth

Knoxville, TN

#12632 Jun 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bill Gates developed his technology under IBM as he worked for them.
Can technology be developed without government funding? Sure, but do you really wish to roll the dice on our economic future on that?
There was an economic need for his technology. And as you pointed out, there is not one as of yet for alternative fuel.
You seem to keep forgetting this critical element.
And as long as the republican establishment is in denial of global warming, a large portion of the populous is not concerned much about the pollution gas engines produce.
Point being, the lack of motivation is the problem.
When the populous is not motivated to innovate through private industry, government is an option to balance out needs of the future economic security.
Keep in mind, security is a role of government. Without securing energy, our security is at risk.
This is not just an issue of comfort or the environment. Security is at risk.
We fight wars over oil. Clearly this is a security issue. Thus an issue for our government to fix were private industry fails.
Fact is, Obama is at least trying to use private industry with government help to fix the problem. But you guys just cheer when it does not work in a one hundred percent manner. IE Solandra.
Bill Gates enhanced computer use.
Thomas Edison developed a working lighting system.
Henry Ford revolutionized mass assembly.

ummm......uhhh.....well your federal government did make the atomic bomb......Great job, Mikey! Your boys did make something which can kill billions in a single flash.
The Truth

Knoxville, TN

#12633 Jun 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just in case you are unaware, the last sentence you wrote is demeaning and not necessary to the conversation.
You certainly accept demeaning statements very easily. You must be the most thin-skinned person in the world.

(Yes, Mikey, the last sentence in this post could be construed as demeaning as well.)
The Truth

Knoxville, TN

#12634 Jun 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Liberal elitist? Demeaning.
Let me give you a tip. After you write your last sentence of your posts, erase it then send.
I do this myself quite often.
My objections to his post went far beyond disagreement. It showed him to be of irrational perspective of reality.
Should I have erased that last sentence? Maybe.
Does that mean I will not take into consideration his future points? No. They will be suspect without facts though, due to my knowledge of his extremely warped perspective of reality.
Have you ever considered just for a minute many people consider your posts to represent a warped perspective of reality?

I stand by my statement of "liberal elitist".
waco1954

United States

#12635 Jun 10, 2012
Oddly enough Hitler end Stalin both had issues....regarding their mothers.
Nedmorlef

Kings Mountain, NC

#12636 Jun 10, 2012
Women are crazy. I would never vote for a woman. I'd vote for a man I know is corrupt before I would vote for the nany state.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12637 Jun 10, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>SCOTUS stopped the counting after what, the third or fourth recount? Bush won in every count/recount thus giving him enough electoral votes to win. To quote John Fox, it is what it is.
Now I don't think Bush was even close to being a great President but anybody would've been better than Gore!
Better than Gore? How so?
I feel Gore would have not invaded Iraq and thus would have saved us a trillion dollars right of the bat.
Also the Iraq war increased the price of gas double of what it was. This in turn caused much of our economic problems.

Gore would likely have used 9/11 as a call to get off of oil and thus initiated an aggressive alternative energy initiative.

This would have likely spurred new job growth and possibly made us have a new technological economic boost as did the dot com era.

His regulation on private industry may have prevented some of the Enron debacles that also lead to the economic collapse.

Oil speculation would not have been deregulated, thus gas prices would have likely been more stable.

Gore would have likely listened to the Richard Clark's of our intelligence agencies and 9/11 may have been prevented.

So I Gore had won, America would be a Utopia right now.
Should I have erased that last sentence? It was a comedic attempt.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12638 Jun 10, 2012
Nedmorlef wrote:
Women are crazy. I would never vote for a woman. I'd vote for a man I know is corrupt before I would vote for the nany state.
So you voted for Obama instead of Palin/McCain?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12639 Jun 10, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever considered just for a minute many people consider your posts to represent a warped perspective of reality?
I stand by my statement of "liberal elitist".
And you thus call me names and do not take my views at face value.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12640 Jun 10, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly accept demeaning statements very easily. You must be the most thin-skinned person in the world.
(Yes, Mikey, the last sentence in this post could be construed as demeaning as well.)
'Accept' the demeaning statements? Not sure what that means? Am I to deny they are demeaning?
Do I let them all bother me? No. As you should be able to see, I do not curse you out for each one you make. If I did, most every reply to you would have curse words in it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12641 Jun 10, 2012
"Maybe the Lord brought down this plague (Aids)...because illicit sex is against the Ten Commandments."
--Ronald REagan quoted by biographer Edmund Morris

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12642 Jun 10, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Gates enhanced computer use.
Thomas Edison developed a working lighting system.
Henry Ford revolutionized mass assembly.
ummm......uhhh.....well your federal government did make the atomic bomb......Great job, Mikey! Your boys did make something which can kill billions in a single flash.
Without atomic technology, you might be speaking German or Japanese right now.
The bomb stops more wars and saves more lives than not.

There was a need economically for a working lighting system. Although Tesla had the better answer, Edison had better marketing skills and thus got more financial backing.
Now we use the better system.

There was no economic need for the atomic technology. But it was needed for security.
Just watched a documentary on how Hitler was very close to making an atomic bomb.

The technology of alternative energy will come someday. The country who does it first will win massive economic security, just as the country who developed the bomb first developed massive security from invasion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#12643 Jun 10, 2012
In November 1983, Reagan told visiting Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir that he had served as a photographer in a U.S. Army unit assigned to film Nazi death camps. He repeated the story to Simon Wiesenthal the following February. Reagan never visited or filmed a concentration camp; he spent World War II in Hollywood, making training films with the First Motion Picture Unit of the Army Air Corps.
The Truth

Knoxville, TN

#12644 Jun 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And you thus call me names and do not take my views at face value.
I analyze all your views equally and judge them on their facts, NOT your opinion.

If you will note, I have given the "fool" props on several occasions for accurate posts he has presented. It is when you and others present false posts that I respond asking for credible evidence. The one constant with you is you rarely back it up with facts.

You then seem embarassed or angry that you have been "caught". Your "absolutes" statement was prima facia evidence of this action. I have noted you are learning from your earlier, erroneous ways and are improving. I commend you for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cam not worth a Damn. 7 hr Moose Knuckle 1
Black women and hairy arm pits 10 hr Jackson 6
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Sat NCWoman 4,973
Convicted felon on pof and many other dating si... (Jun '13) Sep 20 I need help 5
Models Sep 20 Just saying 1
Jeffrey Husta - Looking For You - Fort Mills (Aug '16) Sep 18 Beware of Him 8
Why does blacks wob, bweak in an butt rutt each... Sep 15 gOOBER 1

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages