Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#61428 Sep 2, 2014
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to identify THE cause is futile because climate change is multifactorial in causes.
Increasing or decreasing radiance from the sun has a pronounced effect on climate. Global precession (wobbling of the Earth) has a pronounced effect on climate. Changes in the Earth orbit around the sun has a pronounced effect on climate. CO2 in the atmosphere is pretty much directly related to atmospheric temperature variability and has been that way for millions of years. We now have achieved a historic high in atmospheric CO2 concentrations and ice melting is accelerating at an alarming rate and causing historically very rapid sea level increases. Man is definitely releasing huge quantities of CO2 which acts synergistically with the other factors. CH4 is a stronger greenhouse gas than CO2. Melting permafrost is releasing CH4 into the atmosphere at an alarming rate. Man is a contributor to accelerating climate change. Man is not the only reason. The reasons and mechanisms are many ,and complex. Climate change is happening. Climate change is not a liberal/conservative issue. It is a reality that can only be understood and possibly mitigated by science. Arguments serve no purpose other than to delay possible solutions.
With the most populous country in the world opening up a new coal fired power plant every week, I have to wonder.
China is the largest polluter in the world.
There's not a thing anybody can do about that.
If America disappeared off the face of the earth, Chinese pollution would still be going strong, and in Africa they are also not much concerned with climate change propaganda.
The industrialization of the third world is just beginning.
The climate will change.
Human race, always thinking that it can "change" things, is about to have a cosmic joke played on it, they say pride goes before a fall.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#61429 Sep 2, 2014
Franklin wrote:
<quoted text> Ben is caught up in the religious fervor which is...Carolina...God helpum...
Tarheel-itis can happen to anyone. No matter what their ststioin in life.
Only a couple of Blue Devil ass whippings per year can keep this malady from spreading.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#61430 Sep 2, 2014
New reports say that Lerner ignored huge political contributions by unions. That weren't reported.
(Gasp)! How politically..... convenient..... sort of like wiping your computer after an investigation
has started.... however, in the interest of fairness, I'll withhold judgment until more info emerges.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#61431 Sep 2, 2014
UK cracking down hard on potential terrorists, while Obama invites them in with our New Democrat open borders plan!
Three hundred ISIS terrorists have.... American passports....
Also today, it comes out that Obama has received daily, detailed, intelligence on ISIS.
And yet......
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#61432 Sep 2, 2014
UK announces plans to seize passports, block returning Jihadists.... Obama has "no strategy"......
Mac

Powell, TN

#61433 Sep 2, 2014
Special interest groups have donated $1,000,000 to Kaye Hagan's campaign so far.
The beat goes on.
This was according to The Charlotte Observer on page 11 A.
Mac

Powell, TN

#61434 Sep 2, 2014
Kaye Hagan has four times the money of Tom Tillis.
Those good old Democrats always buying elections.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#61435 Sep 2, 2014
700,000,000 to educate immigrant children..... In 2014......
Franklin

Franklin, NC

#61436 Sep 2, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not think that we have been "slowly" doing just that, tobacco,(with the health effects), booze,(the same), now pot. What other drugs should we say OK too? Stepping back and looking at it as say, the next big money maker,(pot shops), would we not have the same out come? Only the gov. gets the tax dollar, uses it to take care of the ones who pick up addiction issues, only on a larger scale, in the healthcare, because it's "legal". Look at the cartels, they already kill each other over fields. So, putting a pretty bow on it and saying "it's OK, try it, you'll like it" will make things better? I wonder.
The big test will be how Colorado and Washington handle their legalization of weed. So far, I don't see a huge uptick in crime; especially the violent ones which are rooted in the illegal sale of drugs. Tobacco? It seems the meddling Gubmit is pushing so hard against it that they are creating a black market for the sale of tobacco products; just leave it be for right now. Alcohol and the prohibition of it was one of the dumbest things our country has done...Thank God, we walked away from that, but not unscathed...we still deal with some of the first offsprings of organized violent crime cartels...I guess my point is this: there are always going to be that low percentage of people who are going to be hard core users. I would rather deal with them by making it a treatment problem, rather than a legal/ law enforcement one...by slowly legalizing other drugs (heroin, coke, etc..) we can financially cripple some of these narco-terrorist cartels/ states. Its not perfect, I'm the first to admit that, but its better than fighting a losing war like we are now.
Ben

Greer, SC

#61437 Sep 2, 2014
Are we ready to carpet bomb yet???
Ben

Greer, SC

#61438 Sep 2, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Tarheel-itis can happen to anyone. No matter what their ststioin in life.
Only a couple of Blue Devil ass whippings per year can keep this malady from spreading.
Bring it on old boy, bring it on.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#61439 Sep 2, 2014
Another American beheaded by ISIS.
Don't worry.
We don't need a strategy.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#61440 Sep 2, 2014
We finally ran the liberals off from this forum, not a surprise, really, when you think about it, things are going badly for liberal fanatics these days.
Despite the support of several left wing billionaires, the left is on the ropes.
Ben

Greer, SC

#61441 Sep 2, 2014
Franklin wrote:
<quoted text> The big test will be how Colorado and Washington handle their legalization of weed. So far, I don't see a huge uptick in crime; especially the violent ones which are rooted in the illegal sale of drugs. Tobacco? It seems the meddling Gubmit is pushing so hard against it that they are creating a black market for the sale of tobacco products; just leave it be for right now. Alcohol and the prohibition of it was one of the dumbest things our country has done...Thank God, we walked away from that, but not unscathed...we still deal with some of the first offsprings of organized violent crime cartels...I guess my point is this: there are always going to be that low percentage of people who are going to be hard core users. I would rather deal with them by making it a treatment problem, rather than a legal/ law enforcement one...by slowly legalizing other drugs (heroin, coke, etc..) we can financially cripple some of these narco-terrorist cartels/ states. Its not perfect, I'm the first to admit that, but its better than fighting a losing war like we are now.
A low percentage? Have you heard of "the next best thing" , have you heard of the "pill parties" kids are stealing grandparents meds just to party with, it's running rampant. The "prescription pain pill mill" is in the news everyday. Now lets make heroin legal. You ever seen the sloths that are hooked on that crap? How many years on a young adult's life must they lose just to combat "the war on drugs". Seriously, what drugs are you talking about? "Drug addiction symptoms or behaviors include:

Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly — this can be daily or even several times a day
Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug
Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
Spending money on the drug, even though you can't afford it
Doing things to obtain the drug that you normally wouldn't do, such as stealing
Feeling that you need the drug to deal with your problems
Driving or doing other risky activities when you're under the influence of the drug
Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions...
The total costs of drug abuse and addiction due to use of tobacco, alcohol and illegal drugs are estimated at $524 billion a year. Illicit drug use alone accounts for $181 billion in health care, productivity loss, crime, incarceration and drug enforcement.
Drug abuse costs the United States economy hundreds of ...
www.drugabuse.gov/.../addiction.../drug-a ...
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Yeah, lets make it easier,
Ben

Greer, SC

#61442 Sep 2, 2014
Washington scrambling to come out with a statement about the forewarned beheading, specifically to the President. Maybe the USS Ronald Reagan is on its way.
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#61443 Sep 2, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
New reports say that Lerner ignored huge political contributions by unions. That weren't reported.
(Gasp)! How politically..... convenient..... sort of like wiping your computer after an investigation
has started.... however, in the interest of fairness, I'll withhold judgment until more info emerges.
She said there might be a discrepancy in how they are reported to the IRS and the DOL
and referred it to the Dallas office. Funny definition of ignore.
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#61444 Sep 2, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
We finally ran the liberals off from this forum, not a surprise, really, when you think about it, things are going badly for liberal fanatics these days.
Despite the support of several left wing billionaires, the left is on the ropes.
Hey, the guy who wants the minimum wage raised to $15 an hour and is going to
vote of Hillary in 2016 is still here, so I guess all the liberals haven't been run off.
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#61445 Sep 2, 2014
Yeah, Obama needs to have a strategy, maybe one like Dumbya's--let's
start two wars and see what happens . Now watch this shot.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#61446 Sep 2, 2014
Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, the guy who wants the minimum wage raised to $15 an hour and is going to
vote of Hillary in 2016 is still here, so I guess all the liberals haven't been run off.
Waco, "Oh yea, I forgot about that!"
TSF

Kinston, NC

#61447 Sep 2, 2014
Ben wrote:
Are we ready to carpet bomb yet???
Yes. I hear they have weapons of mass deception (WMDs).
They say that yellow cake from South Africa is going to the turrests.
Better to fight them there than here. If you are not for the president, you are against us.
Syrians are doing this so lets attack someone, maybe like Puerto Rico. We will need to borrow another couple of trillion dollars from China. My flag is bigger than your flag. God bless the USA and God bless our president and let him become another "war president" .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank God 4 TRUMP 1 hr Eduardo 17
www.lowesceo.com (Feb '09) Mon curious 2
News New plan would add rail to airport, Lake Norman... Feb 19 Mark mark 1
I am God's messenger mga Feb 19 I amwise 3
The White House is White again!! Feb 18 WesternCivilizedMan 4
Illegal Alien (Daca/Dreamer) arrested for Murder Feb 18 Deportation Squad 2
dwight powell (Jan '12) Feb 16 Lurn two spale 75

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages