Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

La Grange, NC

#60205 Aug 20, 2014
If this case actually goes to a jury, I think Perry will be acquitted. Notice I didn't say found not guilty. There is a big difference. Perry is obviously guilty of two felonies. The head of Public Integrity is obviously guilty of a misdemeanor. Perry was being perfectly reasonable in asking her to resign her elected office. Perry then decided to 1. force her to resign and 2 make political hay out of the opportunity. In doing so, he committed two felonies.
The average juror will not have the insight to recognize that the felonies committed by the Governor are far greater threats to our society than the offense of drunk driving. Drunk driving has an obvious cause /effect to harm or even kill others. the difference is in the potential numbers of persons harmed. Having the governor of a state committing felonies which undermine the judicial process has the potential to harm millions.
Republicans whine that Obama has exceeded his authority with executive orders, but he has not been charged or indicted for felonies. Then when a republican governor is indicted by REPUBLICANS for felonies, they try to excuse his felonious behavior by pointing fingers at a misdemeanant straw woman.
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
Perry asked the head of the Public Integrity Unit to resign after her shameful drunken arrest and tirade, where the woman actually had to be strapped into a restraint chair .
She refused.
Perry offered to appoint her closest aide to the post, if she would just do the right thing.
She refused.
Perry said, if you don't resign, I will veto your funding.
She refused.
Perry vetoed the funding.
Democrats, who are apparently only in favor of Public Integrity, as it applies to non-democrats, indicted Perry.
This is so blatantly a transparent act of political payback, that, before this is over, it will explode in the middle of the democrat party like a bomb.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#60206 Aug 20, 2014
I have a theory about Rick Perry & his popularity with RW voters. Rick Perry, like Mitt Romney & Reagan before him, is a guy who looks the part. And for some reason RW voters like guys who look the part. Even when they are not great for the part or even smart enough for the part.

Ronald Reagan, had he been a Democrat today, would have been impeached for his Iran-Contra crimes. His administration was full of scandals. Unfortunately, the Democrats back then weren't the sorry SOBs that the Republicans have always been.

Mitt Romney had nothing to offer middle class Americans. He was as clueless as the day he was born as to what America's middle class is all about. Plus he stashed assets overseas to avoid paying HIS FAIR SHARE of US taxes. Think of that....the Republicans' presidential nominee CHEATED the country he wanted to be president of. And yet Republicans voted for him.

And we know that Rick Perry isn't terribly bright. He's proven that on numerous occasions.

But what do all of them have in common? They LOOK like a President. And that's what counts to Republican voters. They want a handsome movie star-type mug with good hair. That's what they look for in a president.

They'd never choose Christie, for reasons that shall go unmentioned, and Rand Paul is too goofy-looking. That Cuban kid from Florida is too thirsty and he flip-flops on every issue. Just who will they choose? Who is movie star pretty with a skull as empty as a hollowed-out coconut? That's their man! And it will be a man.

I hear the Republicans want Mitt Romney to run again. If once you lose, lose lose again!
Mr Crazy Man

Lenoir, NC

#60207 Aug 20, 2014
It's always great to voice an opinion, my opinion on Perry is on record.
I just read that the state of Florida is going to start requiring cops to wear body cameras.
I had a thought.
I wonder if there will come a time, when everyone wears a body camera.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#60208 Aug 20, 2014
TSF wrote:
If this case actually goes to a jury, I think Perry will be acquitted. Notice I didn't say found not guilty. There is a big difference. Perry is obviously guilty of two felonies. The head of Public Integrity is obviously guilty of a misdemeanor. Perry was being perfectly reasonable in asking her to resign her elected office. Perry then decided to 1. force her to resign and 2 make political hay out of the opportunity. In doing so, he committed two felonies.
The average juror will not have the insight to recognize that the felonies committed by the Governor are far greater threats to our society than the offense of drunk driving. Drunk driving has an obvious cause /effect to harm or even kill others. the difference is in the potential numbers of persons harmed. Having the governor of a state committing felonies which undermine the judicial process has the potential to harm millions.
Republicans whine that Obama has exceeded his authority with executive orders, but he has not been charged or indicted for felonies. Then when a republican governor is indicted by REPUBLICANS for felonies, they try to excuse his felonious behavior by pointing fingers at a misdemeanant straw woman.
<quoted text>
The IRONY in this outrage coming from Right Wingers over this drunk driving arrest is THIS:

"Bush said he was not proud of the DUI arrest.

"I oftentimes said that years ago I made some mistakes. I occasionally drank too much and I did on that night," Bush said. "I regret that it happened. But it did."

It didn't bother them when they were voting for President of the United States.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#60209 Aug 20, 2014
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
It's always great to voice an opinion, my opinion on Perry is on record.
I just read that the state of Florida is going to start requiring cops to wear body cameras.
I had a thought.
I wonder if there will come a time, when everyone wears a body camera.
How is it politically-driven if EVERYONE involved is a Republican?

How is it politically-driven if DEMOCRATS refused to do anything about Perry's illegal acts?

Care to explain how you came to your opinion?
Mr Crazy Man

Lenoir, NC

#60210 Aug 20, 2014
A cheering crowd greeted Perry when he turned himself in.
Yes, they love Perry, and you can bet, this will be political fodder against the democrat party, for a while to come.
Perry will be a true hero after he defeats this scurrilous attack by democrats who support special treatment of elected officials.
Public Integrity??
What a joke!
They rally around their dead drunk abusive "Public Integrity" leader??
Are you kidding me?
She was so abusive to the people at the jail, she had to be TIED TO A CHAIR!!
Typical democrat hero....
hole in the wall

Baltimore, MD

#60211 Aug 20, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRONY in this outrage coming from Right Wingers over this drunk driving arrest is THIS:
"I oftentimes said that years ago I made some mistakes. I occasionally drank too much and I did on that night," Bush said. "I regret that it happened. But it did."
Go to Work
Mr Crazy Man

Lenoir, NC

#60212 Aug 20, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Bush head of the PUBLIC INTEGRITY OFFICE then??
You get it? PUBLIC INTEGRITY??
I don't see a DAMN bit of irony here!
hole in the wall

Baltimore, MD

#60213 Aug 20, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't it seem strange to you that the very day that Brown's autopsy is released, an annoymous unidentifed caller calls a talk show host and gives Wilson's side of the story because she is a "friend" of his. What credibility does that have? And yet, RWer believe this hoaky story because that is exactly what they want to believe. Directly from the play book to demonize the victim.
You got no room to talk....
Mr Crazy Man

Lenoir, NC

#60214 Aug 20, 2014
Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some of them had the license to kill mentality even before 9/11.
Now they just have more powerful weapons at their disposal. It's likely
partly the equipment itself and partly not having people that are trained
to use it as it should be used.
Apparently the FPD doesn't have dashcams. There is also a video
from the store showing the possibility that Brown might not have
stolen the cigars. It's not totally clear. There is also the question
why Wilson drove away in the police car that was evidence, and if
he was beaten so badly he hung around the scene that long. Time
will tell.
Not clear he stole the cigars?
Any particular reason he was pushing the little guy around?
The little guy just got tossed around by someone three times his size, for no apparent reason??
hole in the wall

Baltimore, MD

#60215 Aug 20, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not quite what I heard. She was going to resign and then Perry acted like such an ass that she decided not to resign. He was going to replace her with one of his GOP cronies. There was a conflict of interest with the funds involved. Perry was making sure that they went to people who were HIS campaign donors. Which is illegal.
Now it's a REPUBLICAN judge who appointed a REPUBLICAN prosecutor, and it is in no way politically driven.....contrary to what Fox News tells you.
Pay attention to this sentence: It was a REPUBLICAN judge who appointed a REPUBLICAN prosecutor.
READ below:
"Craig McDonald, the director of Texas for Public Justice, said the facts don't support Perry's conclusion that he is the victim of a partisan smear.
"No politician in the prosecutor's office or the judicial system in Travis County has laid a hand on this. Our complaint went to the chief Republican judge, head of this judicial district, a Republican appointee of Governor Perry's. He turned it over and appointed a special judge, again, a Republican from San Antonio to oversee the matter. That Republican judge appointed a special prosecutor because he thought the case had that merit. That special prosecutor is a Republican as well who served under George W. Bush. No Democrat has had a finger on this. So, for the governor to say this is merely a partisan witch hunt just doesn't stand in the face of the facts," McDonald said on CNN's "State of the Union."
More LIES....
Mr Crazy Man

Lenoir, NC

#60216 Aug 20, 2014
They will indict Wilson.
He will be charged.
It will go to trial.
Wilson will be declared "not guilty".
Mr Crazy Man

Lenoir, NC

#60217 Aug 20, 2014
Demonize the victim? You people have already demonized Wilson.
Mr Crazy Man

Lenoir, NC

#60218 Aug 20, 2014
Used to be, you were innocent until proven guilty.
Now, you're guilty, even if you're declared "not guilty" by a jury.
Because, once the "mob" says you're guilty, that's it!
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#60219 Aug 20, 2014
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
<quoted text> Was Bush head of the PUBLIC INTEGRITY OFFICE then??
You get it? PUBLIC INTEGRITY??
I don't see a DAMN bit of irony here!
No, Waco, Bush was THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. So contrary to your confused argument pretending that some office holder in one state is more important than the President of the United States, it isn't.

Your focus is misguided. You are grasping for straws. SHE was going to step down. Because of Perry's ham-fisted methods of running roughshod over his opponents, the REPUBLICANS in Texas pursued the case against him.

I get it, you like Perry. Fine. You can like Perry. What you can't do is make some case that some woman's position in Texas is more important than the POTUS's.

BTW, I damn well guarantee you Perry ALSO drove drunk at some time in his life. You don't live as long as he has, hobnob with politicians IN TEXAS as long as he has, and not have driven drunk at some time in his life.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#60220 Aug 20, 2014
Perry's overwhelming HYPOCRISY when it comes to Republicans who were charged with drunk driving:

"However, a look at the Governor's history with Republican officials charged with drunk driving undermines his case.

While it's true that Rosemary Lehmberg drove drunk, and that her actions following the arrest are indefensible, it's also true that she went through the legal process, saw a judge, and served time. But this wasn't good enough for Rick Perry as he sought to force her from office.

This becomes highly suspect upon review of the Governor's previous treatment of public officials charged with drunk driving— treatment which includes looking the other way entirely, and allowing one official to rise in rank.

In 2011, Republican and former State Representative Jim Stick was arrested for drunk driving. He has since been appointed as chief legal counsel for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, earning an annual salary of $162,000.

Then, there are officials who held identical offices as Rosemary Lehmberg. Since Perry has taken office, two other District Attorneys have been charged with drunk driving, but Rick Perry made no calls for their resignation.

In 2009, Kaufman County District Attorney Rick Harrison was found guilty of drunk driving after driving the wrong way in traffic.

In 2003, Swisher County D.A. Terry McEachern was found guilty of a DWI.

What's the difference between these District Attorneys and the Travis County District Attorney? It could be that they are Republicans. More likely, it's that these district attorneys were not overseeing investigations of the governor’s signature project – the Cancer Research Fund – which has since resulted in a felony indictment."

- See more at: http://progresstexas.org/blog/rick-perrys-inc...
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#60221 Aug 20, 2014
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
Used to be, you were innocent until proven guilty.
Now, you're guilty, even if you're declared "not guilty" by a jury.
Because, once the "mob" says you're guilty, that's it!
Mr. Crazy Man.....try to understand this. This is a discussion forum. We discuss things here. We don't change verdicts. You can stop being so outraged about nothing.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#60222 Aug 20, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text>
More LIES....
"Lies".....with a QUOTE from a NAMED PERSON. Which makes it easy for you to check if it is a lie or not. And here's what you will find.....it is not a lie.

I don't lie here. I have no reason to lie. The discussions I am involved in, the truth is on my side. And they are backed up with FACTS.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#60225 Aug 20, 2014
Mr Square, I must have missed the twenty dollar bill the thief tossed on the counter, before he assaulted the employee and punched a police officer. Sorry, I'll go back and look. Maybe his accomplice paid before HE left.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#60227 Aug 20, 2014
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
A cheering crowd greeted Perry when he turned himself in.
Yes, they love Perry, and you can bet, this will be political fodder against the democrat party, for a while to come.
Perry will be a true hero after he defeats this scurrilous attack by democrats who support special treatment of elected officials.[....]
Typical democrat hero....
Sarah Palin gets cheering crowds. And she's a dimwit. Cheering crowds are proof of nothing.

They love Perry because they are Republicans. Republicans in Tennessee voted for a self-professed "family values;anti-abortion" hypocrite who took advantage of his patients, had sex with them, forced some to GET ABORTIONS, even forced his wife to get an abortion. Republican voters aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

And I am sure that that Tennessee GOP hypocrite can ALSO muster up a crowd of cheering lunatics.

She is NOT a "typical democrat hero". We don't care about her. She is not the issue. Don't write things that HITW can truthfully call "LIES"!

Democrats aren't bringing a case against him.....REPUBLICANS are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No Sign of Arson Yet in Latest Black Church Fire Thu Go Blue Forever 4
Looking for an MC. Thu CorporateOutlaw 2
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Thu Timmy_ 283
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) Thu Yankee Coward 271
bggb (Aug '14) Thu anonymous 167
Me Brain France Mr Nascar Wed Taxpayer 8
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Jul 1 anonymous 4,835
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages