Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#58900 Aug 4, 2014
Animal Farm wrote:
<quoted text> So you ARE hotter than Palin.
Do you really think that any woman of intelligence, dignity and pride would answer such an assanine question as that on Topix?
Waco

Greer, SC

#58901 Aug 4, 2014
You misspelled it.
State.
See you next month.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#58902 Aug 4, 2014
Waco wrote:
You misspelled it.
State.
See you next month.
I would rather be a productive member of society who makes occasional spelling mistakes than one who is unproductive who can spell everything correctly.. That is my choice. What is yours?
TSF

Kinston, NC

#58904 Aug 4, 2014
Any population, of any species of plant , animal, bacteria, virus or fungus, when given unlimited food supply, ideal conditions and no competition will grow exponentially until it reaches a leveling off maximum--- and then crash to near or at zero. It happens the same way each time the experiment is repeated. There is no reason to suspect that humans are any different.
Human Population 10,000 BC -1 million
12,000 years later 1810 -1000 million
120 years later 1930 -2000 million
30 years later 1960 - 3000 million
15 years later 1975 -4000 million
15 years later 1990 - 5000 million
10 years later 2000 -6000 million
11 years later 2011 - 7000 million
projected for 2050 (40 years later)-- 11,000 million (1.1 trillion)

Our population is growing exponentially, but you can already see the leveling off trend.
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've told you before, I cancelled my cable so I don't get all the TV channels you folks do. And except for PBS, I get all my news on the radio. But, according to what I've read on the internet, I haven't heard a peep from Franklin Graham on this issue. I figured he was at some rich folks' resort, on vacation or something, while his doctors were in peril. So I am waiting to see what he says about the whole thing.
He has to stand by his doctors. Even Franklin Graham knows they are the only heroes in this story. I have read some pretty nasty comments, of course....FROM THE RIGHT WINGERS (living in their state of constant fear), saying the same horrific stuff that Trump says here. How we should not have brought these doctors/nurses into this country for treatment. UNbelievable! But, like Trump, they are ignorant of the disease. They don't understand that it's not like the flu. You have to be in extremely close contact with the person. The reason why it is so contagious in Africa is because of the rituals they go through before burying the deceased.
That book I read....The Coming Plague. It was all in there. And it's just a matter of time before some other of these diseases will wipe us out. Not Ebola....but some other one. One of the reasons that so many of these diseases are becoming known to us now is because we are wiping out all the wild places....the forests & such. Ebola comes from bats. AIDS came from monkeys. Before we were living everywhere, traveling everywhere & destroying every place, these diseases were contained & would just die on on there own. A few animals (and/or people) spread it, they died, it went no further.
This world is changing....and not for the better. As I always say, in that redundant way I have, it all comes down to ONE THING: overpopulation.
TSF

Kinston, NC

#58905 Aug 4, 2014
How many should there be? I don't know. I suppose that would depend on your perspective.
What is the maximum number predicted by present data and conditions? My guess is that some where between 15,000 million (1.5 trillion) and 20,000 million (2 trillion) the experiment will predictably end in a drastic population reduction.
If we are smart enough to somehow stabilize at a sustainable population and zero population growth, we could possibly change the outcome. Considering the lack of cooperation I see now among all people of the World, changing the outcome will not happen.
I see a natural reduction somewhere between zero and 1 million (like it was 10,000 BC)
Animal Farm wrote:
<quoted text> Honest question to you or anyone else who cares to answer. How many people should there be on our planet? No sarcasm; no snark ; I'm just curious.
TSF

Kinston, NC

#58906 Aug 4, 2014
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, Palin is a physically attractive woman , but her trashy stupidity, obvious ignorance and rah, rah celebration of stupidity is very ugly. Sum total=zero for Palin.
It has been a long time since I worked for someone else had to be sent for sensitivity training and education concerning title IX requirements. Obviously, I have retrogressed considerably in the years and this probably explains my willingness to venture into the margins of acceptability.,
So I declare Victoria winner and have never met the lady.
Animal Farm wrote:
<quoted text> So you ARE hotter than Palin.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#58907 Aug 4, 2014
TSF wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, Palin is a physically attractive woman , but her trashy stupidity, obvious ignorance and rah, rah celebration of stupidity is very ugly. Sum total=zero for Palin.
It has been a long time since I worked for someone else had to be sent for sensitivity training and education concerning title IX requirements. Obviously, I have retrogressed considerably in the years and this probably explains my willingness to venture into the margins of acceptability.,
<quoted text>
Not many people can spar with George Orwell and win, but you have.
Animal Farm

Franklin, NC

#58908 Aug 5, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that any woman of intelligence, dignity and pride would answer such an assanine question as that on Topix?
So you think you're hotter than Victoria? You're a strange dude. Me thinks she can make up her own mind; it's not the 18th century anymore you scallywag.
Animal Farm

Franklin, NC

#58909 Aug 5, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't eat it....Go to earthlings.com , watch the video....Powerful persuasion
You go your way; I'll go mine. I respect your desire to do no harm, but don't disparage or try to change what's been part of my heritage and of human kind for untold thousands of years.
Animal Farm

Franklin, NC

#58910 Aug 5, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Palin is primarily responsible for this pattern of global warming? You like biker chicks, huh?
Uh, I like woman. Period. Doesn't everyone?
Streptococcus Pneumoniae

Greer, SC

#58911 Aug 5, 2014
TSF wrote:
How many should there be? I don't know. I suppose that would depend on your perspective.
What is the maximum number predicted by present data and conditions? My guess is that some where between 15,000 million (1.5 trillion) and 20,000 million (2 trillion) the experiment will predictably end in a drastic population reduction.
If we are smart enough to somehow stabilize at a sustainable population and zero population growth, we could possibly change the outcome. Considering the lack of cooperation I see now among all people of the World, changing the outcome will not happen.
I see a natural reduction somewhere between zero and 1 million (like it was 10,000 BC)
<quoted text>
Some have postulated that the human race is in a state of insanity, that humans are insane.
On YouTube, kids are setting themselves on fire, to get "hits" on social media.
Animal Farm

Troy, NC

#58912 Aug 5, 2014
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you would date her too. Just no talky talky? I bet she would have some interesting things to talk about, even if it didn't include Russian location awareness or magazines recently read.
TSF

Kinston, NC

#58913 Aug 5, 2014
Who knows, Palin might be different in person. If the date went bad, I could get drunk , close my eyes and pretend that I am someone else.
Animal Farm wrote:
<quoted text> So basically you would date her too. Just no talky talky? I bet she would have some interesting things to talk about, even if it didn't include Russian location awareness or magazines recently read.
TSF

Kinston, NC

#58914 Aug 5, 2014
Entirely within the real of possibilities. as Evidence: the fact that we elect the inmates to run the asylum.
Streptococcus Pneumoniae wrote:
<quoted text> Some have postulated that the human race is in a state of insanity, that humans are insane.
On YouTube, kids are setting themselves on fire, to get "hits" on social media.
Streptococcus Pneumoniae

Greer, SC

#58915 Aug 5, 2014
TSF wrote:
Entirely within the real of possibilities. as Evidence: the fact that we elect the inmates to run the asylum.
<quoted text>
Almost, but not quite.
Voters vote for imaginary candidates.
Candidates who never say, or do, anything perceived as wrong.
Then they expect the people they vote for to be honest.
While plying them with money to block this, support that.
Then, one group of people decides they are better than another group of people.
Anything that supports their belief, they believe unquestioningly.
Anything that counters that belief, is deemed unreliable, a lie.
Regardless of the real truth of a thing.
This is insanity.
Streptococcus Pneumoniae

Greer, SC

#58916 Aug 5, 2014
Two people, married for 62 years, die four hours apart.
In all this craziness, when you get right down to it, the only thing that matters.
Is us.
TSF

Kinston, NC

#58917 Aug 5, 2014
Most people can no longer distinguish between reality and the virtual world. If it is on TV or the internet, they believe it unquestioningly. Lies become truth in their minds. Example: The stand down order lie in Benghazi having now been proven to be a lie, by republiKans, yet the republiKan voter base still believes it. With their weak minds already scrambled by over stimulation with BS, they are no longer capable of rational thought. Example 2: Real enemies like Putin are well aware that there Are republiKan idiots in the USA supporting him --against the USA--- because he is a rival of Obama. Example 3: Education in competing foreign countries is highly valued, encouraged and even demanded because they realize that we now live in a technical age where survival depends on knowledge and the ability critical thought based in reality. RepubliKans in NC and parts of the USA have the goal of destroying public education. They foolishly place the short term political objective of retaining republican votes over longtime survival of the country itself..
<quoted text> Almost, but not quite.
Voters vote for imaginary candidates.
Candidates who never say, or do, anything perceived as wrong.
Then they expect the people they vote for to be honest.
While plying them with money to block this, support that.
Then, one group of people decides they are better than another group of people.
Anything that supports their belief, they believe unquestioningly.
Anything that counters that belief, is deemed unreliable, a lie.
Regardless of the real truth of a thing.
This is insanity.
Streptococcus Pneumoniae

Greer, SC

#58918 Aug 5, 2014
TSF wrote:
Most people can no longer distinguish between reality and the virtual world. If it is on TV or the internet, they believe it unquestioningly. Lies become truth in their minds. Example: The stand down order lie in Benghazi having now been proven to be a lie, by republiKans, yet the republiKan voter base still believes it. With their weak minds already scrambled by over stimulation with BS, they are no longer capable of rational thought. Example 2: Real enemies like Putin are well aware that there Are republiKan idiots in the USA supporting him --against the USA--- because he is a rival of Obama. Example 3: Education in competing foreign countries is highly valued, encouraged and even demanded because they realize that we now live in a technical age where survival depends on knowledge and the ability critical thought based in reality. RepubliKans in NC and parts of the USA have the goal of destroying public education. They foolishly place the short term political objective of retaining republican votes over longtime survival of the country itself..
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point.
You did exactly as expected.
Almost scary.
Streptococcus Pneumoniae

Greer, SC

#58919 Aug 5, 2014
TSF.
Why is it, that in countries which spend far less per pupil than even the lamentable state of Mississippi, are turning out students far better versed in hard sciences and math then the United States of America?
Animal Farm

Columbia, SC

#58920 Aug 5, 2014
<quoted text> Thanks for proving my point.
You did exactly as expected.
Almost scary.
Waco, are you taking meds for the pneumonia? Hope that you're hanging in there big fella!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a plug (Jan '17) 14 hr Crushingcandy 27
Where is Boy . (Jun '17) Fri Crushingcandy 13
Review: Castely Soccer Academy (Sep '15) Fri D1Gayboy 2
NBC Charlotte Thu Ed 1
Man Bun Freak Feb 9 Aldo 1
Info Needed on EROS Men's Spa or QI CLAY Men's Spa Feb 8 Byrny 8
Ric Flair sucks ! (Jun '14) Feb 6 Craig Dahlquist 16

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance