Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Waco 1954

Greer, SC

#53511 May 18, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
1954 post your usual Topix name.
My real Topix name? Haha! Fine! It's PLEASE HELP ME!
Happy now?
hole in the wall

United States

#53512 May 18, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is rich and votes Republican is not an idiot, moron or fool.
Anyone middle class or poor who votes Republican IS an idiot...a moron...or a fool.
Just stating the facts. Anyone who knows what is going on knows I am 100% correct.
rich demoRAT S..........
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#53513 May 18, 2014
Waco 1954 wrote:
<quoted text> You depress me, you know that?
No reason to be depressed. Non voters are a very large group,
a majority in off year elections and a large minority in
presidential elections.
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#53514 May 18, 2014
He kept on writing toke, toke, toke as if that was a bad thing.

See, if I had voted for anyone but Tillis in the GOP primary,
the outcome would have still been the same. One vote just
isn't that important.

The only way to deal with a bully like Gowdy is to fire right
back at him and not take any of his bs. We will see how
things work out.
Waco 1954

Greer, SC

#53515 May 18, 2014
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Heather

Philadelphia, PA

#53516 May 19, 2014
Whats this world coming to
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#53517 May 19, 2014
Waco 1954 wrote:
It puzzles me that more people aren't aware of how much damage Reagan and his tax cuts really did.
Republicans need a God to follow since they have rejected the traditional one with their lack of care of the poor and needy ones that the real God commanded.. Also, Reagan was a cowboy. It's a perfect fit.
Waco 1954

Greer, SC

#53518 May 19, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans need a God to follow since they have rejected the traditional one with their lack of care of the poor and needy ones that the real God commanded.. Also, Reagan was a cowboy. It's a perfect fit.
You know what, State of Florida? Time, as they say, will tell.
Reagan played a cowboy in movies.
That made him an actor.
Waco 1954

Greer, SC

#53519 May 19, 2014
LBJ was a cowboy.
LBJ instigated his "War on Poverty", his" Great Society ", to the tune of three trillion dollars.
JFK would have been proud.
Waco 1954

Greer, SC

#53520 May 19, 2014
Democrat social engineering has had success and failure.
The real failure, being high crime and unemployment in inner cities across America.
Social Security is a notable success.
TSF

Angier, NC

#53521 May 19, 2014
Interesting. My take is that repubikans baited the Christian right fanatics into the party with the ruse of being anti abortion and anti gays. The deceived fanatics were quickly substituting republicanism for religion. That transition led them to abandon Christian values set forth in the scriptures and unwittingly adopt the republican demonization of the poor, the disabled and the sick into evil entities. Now the poor deluded souls will vote tax breaks to the rich even while it takes resources away from their own children.
Republikans did not devise this plan. They took it from the play book of Hermann Goering
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco 1954

Greer, SC

#53522 May 19, 2014
I could have sworn there were democrat Christians in America.
Your statements are broad-based, to say the least.
You talk of fanatics, yet that's exactly how you LW's come across, at times.
But it's always nice to hear you, TSF, and the others discuss republicans in such glowing terms.
In the end, I don't see how either side in America can accomplish anything, while making such negative comments about each other.
If you think calling republicans idiots will win the elections for you, go on.
I can be pretty negative, but it's getting tiresome to me, boring.
Waco 1954

Easley, SC

#53523 May 19, 2014
calling Republicans Nazis makes as much sense as calling President Obama a Naz. But go right ahead guys make everything just a little bit worse in this country. a little inflammatory rhetoric goes a long way.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#53524 May 19, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
You've provided yet another FINE example of Right Wing hypocrisy when you criticize people for "living in the past" while going back DECADES in the past to find all your rebuttals.
Apparently you ALSO slept through Reagan's stupid "war on drugs".....which was much more recent history.
Actually it was started by Nixon. Reagan ramped it up though...War on Drugs? Just another catch phrase for prohibition. A total and absolute failure... Hopefully, we'll see a sane and tolerant approach for those who are heavily addicted...let's make it a treatment issue rather than a "War" against our own people and our own family members. I think most rational people believe this...Colorado is leading the way back towards sanity.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#53525 May 19, 2014
A lottery for our hard worked underpaid school teachers? Give them a pittance and they'll just roll over... Thankfully, many teachers are refusing to enter into this nonsense...Republicans scratch their head because they can't wrap their minds around the issue of people wanting their livelihoods protected? I'm for unions. Period. You take care of your workers and they take care of you... I know, that sounds so old fashioned...Globalization is a bane on our planet; it benefits the corporation and sacrifices the worker on the alter of " profit."
Rock

Franklin, NC

#53526 May 19, 2014
Waco 1954 wrote:
calling Republicans Nazis makes as much sense as calling President Obama a Naz. But go right ahead guys make everything just a little bit worse in this country. a little inflammatory rhetoric goes a long way.
The "Nazi " shrill name calling on both sides is played out... Same with being called "racissss"... Regular people are tuning it out thankfully.
Waco 1954

Greer, SC

#53527 May 19, 2014
Rock wrote:
A lottery for our hard worked underpaid school teachers? Give them a pittance and they'll just roll over... Thankfully, many teachers are refusing to enter into this nonsense...Republicans scratch their head because they can't wrap their minds around the issue of people wanting their livelihoods protected? I'm for unions. Period. You take care of your workers and they take care of you... I know, that sounds so old fashioned...Globalization is a bane on our planet; it benefits the corporation and sacrifices the worker on the alter of " profit."
American Postal Workers Union, 20 years.
Only job someone such as myself could have worked.
I had a few, incidents.
Who's prefect?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#53528 May 19, 2014
Waco 1954 wrote:
<quoted text> American Postal Workers Union, 20 years.
Only job someone such as myself could have worked.
I had a few, incidents.
Who's prefect?
You did not just say "postal worker" and "incidents"... In the same thread grasshopper...
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#53529 May 19, 2014
"The real failure, being high crime and unemployment in inner cities across America."

How is this the Democrats' fault? How is this Democratic "social engineering"? If anything it is REPUBLICAN social engineering. They are the party that makes it difficult for women to have access to birth control & family planning options.

When you have any big group of people located in small area, there is bound to be crime & unemployment. Look at any downtown area of a predominately white Southern city. Druggies hanging around on the streets, high unemployment.....all in a RED, REPUBLICAN areas of the South.

If anything the Democratic social policies HELPED keep both crime & unemployment in check. They are the ones willing to help poor people. The Republicans only care about the rich.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#53530 May 19, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Actually it was started by Nixon. Reagan ramped it up though...War on Drugs? Just another catch phrase for prohibition. A total and absolute failure... Hopefully, we'll see a sane and tolerant approach for those who are heavily addicted...let's make it a treatment issue rather than a "War" against our own people and our own family members. I think most rational people believe this...Colorado is leading the way back towards sanity.
Whichever Republican administration started the War on Drugs doesn't really matter. It was just a comeback to a criticism Waco made about a Democratic president's war on something.

People need to take responsibility for themselves! Isn't that what the GOP sez? Pull themselves up by their own damn bootstraps....in the words of the mighty know-it-all Republicans. Stop doing drugs! Get their lives together! Stop looking for costly "treatment centers" for problems they caused themselves.

Treatment centers take gubmint funds and the Republican party needs to hand more tax cuts to the rich. No gubmint funds to help losers! It's all about priorities, man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Uptown Charlotte Dec 11 nzbiciak 4
Jimbo from Intervention (Feb '11) Dec 10 Deannamarie216 83
Need a plug (Jan '17) Dec 10 Mr crowley 25
Kings kitchen worthless Christian trash! Dec 9 Angel at night 3
Earl kimrey arrested for missing mariah woods Dec 7 Angel at night 5
No Election posts? Nov 29 Moose Knuckle 12
Black Feminism Nov 29 three blocks 1

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance