Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
AFF

Rocky Mount, NC

#51077 Apr 15, 2014
Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Now just what is the Marist Dialectic?
Look it up.
Liberal Ideas

Greer, SC

#51078 Apr 15, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I have a positive comment. If you had read my posts you would know it already. RAISE THE CAP on the amount that RICH PEOPLE pay into SS. Why should middle class people pay on everything they make, while the rich don't? That would produce some revenue.
Raising payroll tax cap is the best fix for Social Security
"The United States may have serious longer-term fiscal problems, but Social Security is not chief among them. After all, the Social Security Trust Fund has a $2.7 trillion surplus and will continue to grow until 2021. Even though the population of Americans over 65 will grow by a third over the next decade, by 2035 Social Security's share of GDP is nevertheless forecast to increase slowly from just under to a little above five percent. Meanwhile, the program provides 40 percent of the cash income for American retirees, reducing the poverty rate among the elderly from 43 to just 9 percent."
"When the payroll tax - which finances Social Security and Medicare - was created, it covered 90 percent of all income. Today, with a ceiling at $106,800, it covers closer to 80 percent. This option would gradually raise the ceiling, until 90 percent of income was again subject to the tax."
Read you posts? Are you required reading for Common Core? What an ego.
Your Realty My Reality

Greer, SC

#51079 Apr 15, 2014
Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Another wingnut speaks!! I wonder if he's an
anti-Marist.
No, I'm a big fan of Marist University.
Beach

Greer, SC

#51080 Apr 15, 2014
Ben wrote:
Noting it was the first time that the Steelworks teamed up with a Chinese company, Gerard heaped praise on,“the expertise and insight of Cappy McGarr and Ed Cunningham of the U.S. Renewable Energy Group who brought together this landmark cooperation.”
Photos of a signing ceremony show all four members of US-REG watching Gerard and A-Power CEO Lu Jinxiang embrace.
Because of the sheer size and weight of wind turbine towers — each one can weigh hundreds of tons — the likelihood that they would be imported to Texas from China was low to begin with, but the endorsement of the USW brought credibility to the project. It did nothing to change the fact that the most expensive, and labor-intensive, part of a turbine, the nacelle, will still come from China.
The Chinese gain another friend, the former DNC chairman
A-Power, the Chinese company, has found other friends in the Democratic Party, including at least prominent one with links to US-REG.
In August, A-Power signed a new joint-venture agreement with Terry McAuliffe, the former chairman of the Democratic National Committee and one of the party’s leading power brokers. US-REG’s spokesman said none of the partners had anything to do with McAuliffe’s deal with A-Power.
Most popular
Throughout his career in Washington, US-REG partner John O’Hanlon has frequently found himself working closely with McAuliffe. McAuliffe and O’Hanlon both did stints with the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in the early 1980s and worked in fundraising for former Democratic presidential candidate Dick Gephardt.
O’Hanlon became a partner in McAuliffe’s law firm in 1992. The firm, McAuliffe, Kelly and Rafaelli, was one of the most prominent Democratic firms in Washington, D.C., and the target of criticism for earning hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees from foreign countries with abysmal human rights records to lobby on their behalf. When O’Hanlon left the firm in 1997, he founded a new one with John Rafaelli, McAuliffe’s old partner. O’Hanlon crossed professional paths with McAuliffe several more times throughout the 2000s, usually in their involvement with various national Democratic campaign groups.
McAullife, who now serves as chairman of a green car and energy company, signed a development deal with A-Power on Aug. 2. The public details of the deal are thin, but on the A-Power website, it is described as an agreement to develop a new wind, solar or biomass energy joint venture. Pictures from the signing ceremony show McAuliffe with a group of A-Power executives, and the caption describes him as “a prominent politician, renowned political leader for the Democratic Party, financier and entrepreneur.”
Dorton, the US-REG spokesman, acknowledged O’Hanlon and McAuliffe are friends, but said no one from US-REG was involved in making the connection. nbcnews.com Picture is worth a thousand words. Reid is bought and paid for, wonder when his staffer was appointed to the BLM in Nev.
Amazing.
hole in the wall

Baltimore, MD

#51081 Apr 15, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you deflect. Your entire post is nothing but you deflecting.
I've made a fool out of you so you went on a rant to hide the fact that you can't follow a discussion. The discussion & my argument had NOTHING to do with what you were writing about and so when all else fails you, as it always does, you call people idiots.
Republicans are the masters of mindless, unrelated BS. They can't grasp the argument, they fail to understand what is being discussed, so they do what you just did....fill up a page with mindless, unrelated BS.
Your cohorts might be too ignorant to see what you are doing, but I am not.
BTW, President Obama does what every other President does. President Obama pays for MORE than Bush did and he has taken far fewer vacation days than your incompetent president did. Stop whining about President Obama when he is doing the exact same thing as every other president. You look ridiculous enough already.
"DEMO WEALTH".....the mindless chant of the angry Right Winger.
Democrats have every right to become as wealthy as Republicans do. It's the American way. It's supposed to be what you, as a clueless Republican, believes in. There is nothing wrong with "DEMO WEALTH". It's about who those wealthy Democrats work for.....and that's the middle class. And those rich Republicans, they just continue to screw you over and you don't even realize it.
another brainwashed demoRAT....you are a JOKE......
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51082 Apr 15, 2014
Liberal Ideas wrote:
<quoted text> Read you posts? Are you required reading for Common Core? What an ego.
"Tone"....tone is the one thing a person can't always capture in a comment.

I wrote that to emphasize that I've made the point before....NOT that I expect that you have read it.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51083 Apr 15, 2014
Ben wrote:
N
Dear old Ben.....incapable of holding his own in a discussion but very skillful when it comes to COPYING and PASTING other people's thoughts.

Great work deflecting, Ben. I appreciate all your efforts proving me correct!:)
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51084 Apr 15, 2014
ON THIS TAX DAY, YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT PAUL RYAN’S REPUBLICAN BUDGET MEANS FOR NORTH CAROLINA

5,199 millionaires would get an $87,000 tax break.

BUT...

Middle class families would pay $2000 more in taxes.

148,288 seniors would pay more for medicine by bringing back the prescription drug donut hole.

16,880 college students wouldn't receive Pell Grants.

1,155 domestic violence victims would lose access to the STOP Violence Against Women Program.

3,790 children would lose access to Head Start.
~~~~~~~~~~
Republicans.....working for the middle class NOT ONE DAMN BIT! Suckers!
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51085 Apr 15, 2014
Under Paul Ryan's Republican Budget:

The typical Senior would be responsible for 68% of their health insurance costs. It would end Medicare as you know it.

Thank you, Paul Ryan.....I am sure all your mindless followers will appreciate your......BIG TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH!

http://www.therepublicanbudget.com/page/-/rep...

Every middle class person who votes Republican is a fool. There's no other way to put it.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51086 Apr 15, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text> another brainwashed demoRAT....you are a JOKE......
And yet I am far smarter than you!:)
Rock

Clover, SC

#51087 Apr 15, 2014
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
This Rock Head does Not Even Bother to read what other people say, he is only interested in what he is going to say next...
Stop white knighting for that silly little girl.
hole in the wall

Baltimore, MD

#51088 Apr 15, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
keep thinking that.Im sure there are things I can do that you cant do........
hole in the wall

Baltimore, MD

#51089 Apr 15, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not vote for obama.....That makes me smartet than YOU......brainwashed FOOL.
Brother Rabbit

Greer, SC

#51090 Apr 15, 2014
While our bubble headed liberals snivel about military spending, our friends in China came out today in favor of the greater militarization of space, according to their President.
Rex Reed

Greer, SC

#51091 Apr 15, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really? You seem to feel the need to tell strangers in an electronic wasteland how intelligent you think you are? Interesting. ;)
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#51092 Apr 15, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text> keep thinking that.Im sure there are things I can do that you cant do........
But responding on Topix is not one of them
Clem Kadiddlehopper

Greer, SC

#51093 Apr 15, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text> keep thinking that.Im sure there are things I can do that you cant do........
Such as think for yourself, which I'd say is beyond the reach of Victoria.:)
hole in the wall

Baltimore, MD

#51094 Apr 15, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
its BORING
Rubber Stamp

Greer, SC

#51095 Apr 15, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Yes, a good response on Topix is what makes a person complete! Maybe you'll make one some day yourself!
TSF Doctor

Huntsville, AL

#51096 Apr 15, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead sperm has more intelligence than you. How can you judge anybody? Just exactly who do you THINK you are? You are a brainwashed, uneducated minion of the country. A week or two ago you cut down the use of a VA hospital - you are an ignorant, fat a$$, ugly piece of trash. You probably have an arsenal of plastic dildoes, hungry dogs and peanut butter in that double wide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Selling the team 4 hr Moose Knuckle 2
Driving from Charlotte to Toronto and back Sun gpeat 1
Christian in uptown charlotte bitter hateful pe... Sat Angel at night 10
Christian from kings kitchen FRAUD Fri Angel at night 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Uptown Charlotte Dec 15 Luz2kickit 5
Need a plug (Jan '17) Dec 10 Mr crowley 25
Kings kitchen worthless Christian trash! Dec 9 Angel at night 3

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance