Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#48688 Mar 11, 2014
http://taxfoundation.org/blog/another-study-c... "May 31, 2013
By
Kyle Pomerleau

Most people know by now (except TSF), that the United States has the highest corporate tax rate in the world. At 39.1 percent, it sits 14 percentage points higher than the OECD average."However, many will point to all the “loopholes” that narrow the corporate tax base and say:“sure, we have the highest statutory rate, but no company pays that!” The implication is of course that U.S. corporations don’t pay a high tax rate compared internationally.

Contrary to this claim, studies show that not only does the United States have the highest statutory rate, but one of the highest effective tax rates. Our 2011 study on effective corporate tax rates shows this. It reviews a number of recent studies and concludes that the average effective rate is around 27 percent, while the average around the world is 20 percent.

Adding to these studies, PricewaterhouseCoopers released a new report that also finds the United States has one of the highest effective corporate tax rates in the world.

Looking at six different industries (Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Chemicals, Engineering and Construction, Industrial Manufacturing and Metals, and Transportation and Logistics), the study found that U.S. corporations face an average effective corporate tax rate of 30.9 percent in 2012. The only country whose corporations face a higher effective tax rate in the study was Japan at 36.7 percent. The lowest effective tax rates were in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong which had ETR of 16.7 percent and 16.5 percent, respectively. The average effective tax rate in the study was 28.3 percent in 2012.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#48689 Mar 11, 2014
TSF wrote:
According to Ben's reasoning, I must be a teacher because I would not let him get by with implicating all teachers with the actions of less than 7 one hundredth's of one percent of their group.
I have presented proof that well over an entire one percent of
republican congressmen are child molester perverts. According to Ben's logic (certainly not logical), that makes all republican congressmen child molesting perverts 14 times worse than any teacher. Since Ben defends them , Ben must be a congressman.
Now Ben and I and anyone with any sense at all understand all that to be faulty reasoning. So Ben is dealing off the bottom of the deck in attempting to implicate all schools and all teachers with his silly stastically insignificant anecdotal reports of misconduct.
Show a post where I defended a Congressman "pervert". I would never defend Weiner. Disgusting how he showed his weiner on the net while his wife was sucking up to the Clintons.
Rock

Sylva, NC

#48690 Mar 11, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what do we do? Write them letters asking them to come and vote Democrat? This country has always had an immigration policy. The company makes the decision who to hire and fire, not the government. Do you think American business' know they can hire immigrants for less money and stick it up the ass of the American worker? Who is to fault? The greedy business owners who hire cheap labor. Fine the hell out of some of these white shirt business' ownerswho hire illegally and throw their ass in jail for the maximum sentence, and you just might see some changes.
our immigration policy took a huge turn for the worse with the 1965 immigration act...our govt actively promotes this garbage along with corporations...NAFTA and CAFTA are also a battering ram for mass migration. These treaties not only were about free flow of goods without tariffs, but free flow of people as well. Immigration isn't even the issue; its massive flows of people...when in history has it ever been beneficial to a country to allow huge groups into its borders? You're right. Businesses push this shit too because they bow down to the almighty fuckin dolla bill...
Rock

Sylva, NC

#48691 Mar 11, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what do we do? Write them letters asking them to come and vote Democrat? This country has always had an immigration policy. The company makes the decision who to hire and fire, not the government. Do you think American business' know they can hire immigrants for less money and stick it up the ass of the American worker? Who is to fault? The greedy business owners who hire cheap labor. Fine the hell out of some of these white shirt business' ownerswho hire illegally and throw their ass in jail for the maximum sentence, and you just might see some changes.
. As far as voting Democratic...the countries these new immigrants come from believe in big government...the damn irony is that they are leaving/fleeing the same bullshit and now want it here too...its like yankees who leave the north to come down south...they always seem to want to.change it into the place they just left...fuckin.damn.irony.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48692 Mar 11, 2014
Republican defeats democrat Alex Sink in Florida special election seen as a litmus test for Obamacare. Bill Clinton campaigned for Alex Sink, but she lost in a relatively close vote.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48693 Mar 11, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. As far as voting Democratic...the countries these new immigrants come from believe in big government...the damn irony is that they are leaving/fleeing the same bullshit and now want it here too...its like yankees who leave the north to come down south...they always seem to want to.change it into the place they just left...fuckin.damn.irony.
Calm down before you blow a blood vessel. I like talking with TSF, because if he can't make me mad, the rest of the liberal idiots don't have a chance.:).
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48694 Mar 11, 2014
TSF on gun control and abortion you aren't in lockstep with the liberals. You may find that some liberals will find this disloyal. Fanatics of each side hate"fencesetters".
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48695 Mar 11, 2014
Alex Sink outspent the republican Jolly 3 to 1. Although the seat has been held by a republican for some years, the district went for Obama in 2008 ands 2012. District is almost evenly divided between democrats and republicans, with a large independent block of 21%.
Rock

Sylva, NC

#48696 Mar 11, 2014
"Last Man Standing"...great show; go watch it!
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48697 Mar 11, 2014
Rock wrote:
Did it! Try"Baytown Outlaws" with Billy Bob Thornton......"Salton Sea" is great, both can be rented.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48698 Mar 11, 2014
Rock wrote:
Another great movie you should watch is Brokeback Mountain which is by far my favorite romantic flick of all time.I've watched it over 50 times and it feels like the first time every time I watch it.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#48699 Mar 12, 2014
“Immigration reform is important in our country ... for obvious reasons, because we have a lot of employers over in the beaches who rely upon workers who, especially in this high-growth environment, where are you going to get people to work to clean our hotel rooms or do our landscaping?” she said on the campaign trail.“We don’t need to put our employers in a position of hiring undocumented and illegal workers.” Finally, an honest Democrat!!!! Indorsed by Polosi AND Clinton. At least she was honest to say how she felt in a "high" Latino part of the country! They for sure need maids and lawn mowers in FL. Is this the start of the fall. BTW, if you need a maid or lawn guy just call a Democrat. You just can't make this up!!! LMAO, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48700 Mar 12, 2014
The idiots on both sides can chase all the rabbits they want to chase. I have always been pretty much immune to social pressure from idiots.
Return of the Waco wrote:
TSF on gun control and abortion you aren't in lockstep with the liberals. You may find that some liberals will find this disloyal. Fanatics of each side hate"fencesetters".
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48701 Mar 12, 2014
Still not completely honest. There are plenty of US citizens willing to clean motel rooms and do landscaping. The REAL reason for the attractiveness of illegals is that you do not have to pay in social security on them. Then there is the workers compensation insurance payments which can be ignored. Then you can pretty much treat them dishonestly because being illegal makes them afraid to go to authorities. That makes illegals financially more attractive. I remember a case in Lenoir some yeas ago where a contractor had cheated illegals by not even paying them what he owed. They killed him. Poetic justice.
Ben wrote:
“Immigration reform is important in our country ... for obvious reasons, because we have a lot of employers over in the beaches who rely upon workers who, especially in this high-growth environment, where are you going to get people to work to clean our hotel rooms or do our landscaping?” she said on the campaign trail.“We don’t need to put our employers in a position of hiring undocumented and illegal workers.” Finally, an honest Democrat!!!! Indorsed by Polosi AND Clinton. At least she was honest to say how she felt in a "high" Latino part of the country! They for sure need maids and lawn mowers in FL. Is this the start of the fall. BTW, if you need a maid or lawn guy just call a Democrat. You just can't make this up!!! LMAO, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48702 Mar 12, 2014
So you are not a congressman? That must mean the logic is flawed.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Show a post where I defended a Congressman "pervert". I would never defend Weiner. Disgusting how he showed his weiner on the net while his wife was sucking up to the Clintons.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48703 Mar 12, 2014
Outspend your opponent three to one, lose, then say the reason you lost was because your opponent outspent YOU!! IN A DISTRICT that voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012......
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#48704 Mar 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
Still not completely honest. There are plenty of US citizens willing to clean motel rooms and do landscaping. The REAL reason for the attractiveness of illegals is that you do not have to pay in social security on them. Then there is the workers compensation insurance payments which can be ignored. Then you can pretty much treat them dishonestly because being illegal makes them afraid to go to authorities. That makes illegals financially more attractive. I remember a case in Lenoir some yeas ago where a contractor had cheated illegals by not even paying them what he owed. They killed him. Poetic justice.
<quoted text>
"Still not completely honest." You need to tell it to EX-CANDIDATE Sink. As well as, her supporters Pelosi and Clinton. They seem to have no problem cheating people out of social security. I'm going to have a ball with the defeat of the first of many to come. The Lenoir contractor must have been a Democrat.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48706 Mar 12, 2014
This was an election neither side could loss. Had the democrats won, they would have portrayed it as a victory for Obamacare. Quite the opposite. However, I'm not inclined to put much store in this election, either way.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48707 Mar 12, 2014
"Lose".
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48708 Mar 12, 2014
I am not sure of the political affiliation of the deceased contractor. Like some other Caldwell contractors, he probably had a long and well deserved reputation for flim flaming the public and subs. He got to keep their money but I bet he isn't able to use the money to buy even ice water now.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>"Still not completely honest." You need to tell it to EX-CANDIDATE Sink. As well as, her supporters Pelosi and Clinton. They seem to have no problem cheating people out of social security. I'm going to have a ball with the defeat of the first of many to come. The Lenoir contractor must have been a Democrat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pat the Rat on Megyn Kelly 4 hr Bat and ball man 1
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Fri Vvvv 171
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) Thu luvnut 295
Should the Charlotte Hornets use the old logo? Thu Tranny Anne 4
Long Lost Friend, Nathan Tiller... Looking for ... Apr 27 xrastaxmamaxmandax 1
Why Preachers Push Cruz NOT Trump Apr 24 Pretty In Pink 15
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Apr 23 Tranny Andy 91
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages