Comments
46,821 - 46,840 of 59,099 Comments Last updated 35 min ago
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48612 Mar 10, 2014
Massive Service union, Unite Here, issues scathing assessment of Obamacare, says it will increase"income inequality"..... has 266,000 members... Another happy customer???
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48613 Mar 10, 2014
Columbia Review says Fox News offers far more dissenting voices on its telecasts than MSNBC....
Just Wondering

Buffalo, NY

#48614 Mar 10, 2014
Return of the Waco wrote:
<quoted text> He never checks out the propaganda for truth. He swallows it hook, line and sinker, as long as it supports his current biases.
How long have you been declared a mental defective by the FBI? Please don't be offended by my question and go ballistic in your "neck of the woods" son.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48615 Mar 10, 2014
Come on Ben, how much Bain stock was retained by Romney? You are not really that stupid. give us the "rest of the story"
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>" Bain Capital which had acquired controlling interest of GST Steel in 1993 for $24.5 million." Note: not SOLE interest.
Romney had left Bain in 1999 before the bankruptcy. Employees noted that Bain had loaded the company with debt while earning profits ($58.4 million).[5] At the time of its bankruptcy it said it owed $553.9 million in debts against $395.2 million in assets.[5] In 2002 it was revealed the company had underfunded the pension for employees by $44 million" not " The South Carolina plant closed in 2003. That plant reopened in 2003 with a different owner (International Steel Group) later Mittal Steel and later ArcelorMittal.[8] During the 2012 U.S. Presidential election laid off plant worker Joe Soptic was featured in an advertisement against Romney claiming that his wife died of cancer after he lost his health insurance in the closing. The ad stated "When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant, I lost my healthcare, and my family lost their healthcare. And a short time after that my wife became ill." An investigation by the Washington Post showed that Soptic's wife had died of cancer in 2006 five years after the plant closed and that she had her own health insurance at the time of the closing but lost it after she left that job in 2002." As usual, your politics blinds you to FACT, as you walk down the yellow brick road.
Curious

Lenoir, NC

#48616 Mar 10, 2014
How would you know what the FBI declares defective? been there done that have you?? Interesting.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48617 Mar 10, 2014
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>How long have you been declared a mental defective by the FBI? Please don't be offended by my question and go ballistic in your "neck of the woods" son.
Pretty aggressive post, but Topix has its share of loons, of which you, unfortunately, are one. I wonder what kind of life you have, were an unbiased eye to be turned your way? You strike me as a gossip, unable to control events in your life, so you live vicariously through the lives of others, using your vicious mouth, and perceived anonymity to increase what little real self-esteem you have. Know what I mean,"sweetie"?
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#48618 Mar 10, 2014
TSF wrote:
Come on Ben, how much Bain stock was retained by Romney? You are not really that stupid. give us the "rest of the story"
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter, Bain only had 50% interest in the steel co. Bain at the time had 3 major stock holders on the FIFTY PERCENT DO THE MATH. Can you figure that out, BTW, where was the "rest of the story" on the lady with cancer, that turned out to be all lies, your not really that stupid give us the rest, you never do...yellow brick road
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48619 Mar 10, 2014
Ben. Thanks for posting this info. It solidly confirms the legally sorry state of affairs in NC private schools in particular and in NC public charter schools in general. If the charter school lobby is successful in getting the court injunction lifted , maybe you can get state funding to send you children to Greensboro Islamic Academy.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>"The Voucher Program Has No Standards or Accountability.
Private schools that receive vouchers ar
e subject to almost
no restrictions or
obligations.
See
Exhibit A; N.C. Gen. Stat. 115C-547
et seq
. These private schools can be
operated by inexperienced and un
accredited institutions, can hire
unqualified and unsafe teachers
and employees, can teach using haphazard and un
proven methods, can fail to improve student
knowledge and performance in any measurable
way, and can discriminate in admission and treatment of students on the basi
s of religion, socioeconomic st
atus, or physical or mental
disability.
Private schools that receive vouchers are
not required to be acc
redited by the State
Board of Education or any other state or national institution.
There is no requirement that
individuals, institutions, or co
mpanies that own or operate priv
ate schools have any experience
or expertise in education. Owners and operato
rs of private schools ar
e not subject to open
meeting laws or any other requirements to ensure
that important decisions
are explained and held
accountable to parents and the public.
In contrast, traditional public school
s are administered
by local boards of
education, composed of popularly
elected board members, and obligated to conduct public
meetings. N.C. Gen. Stat. 115C-35
et seq
. Public charter schools can
only be administered by
non-profit corporations whose appl
ications are approved by the Stat
e Board of Education. N.C.
Gen. Stat. 115C-238.29B. The State Board of Edu
cation can only approve applications if the
charter school will operate in an educationally
and economically sound manner and must review
the operations of each charter school at least ever
y five years. N.C. Gen. Stat. 115C-238.29D.
Private schools that receive vouchers ar
e not required to employ teachers who are
licensed by the State Board of Education. Privat
e school teachers are not required to have any
particular credentials, degrees, experience, or
expertise in education.
Private schools are not
required to monitor, evaluate, or measure the
performance of their teachers in any way. " In contrast, traditional public schools
are required to employ teachers licensed by
the State Board of Education in
the subject area that they teac
h. N.C. Gen. Stat. 115C-295,
115C-296. Public charter schools must employ licen
sed teachers in at least 50% of teaching
positions and teachers in core subject areas must be college graduates. N.C. Gen. Stat. 115C-
238.29F(e)(1). In licensing teachers, the State Boar
d of Education sets minimum criteria for the
approval or accreditation of teacher education pr
ograms; establishes cr
iteria for entry-level
teacher licenses or certificates, including minimu
m scores on standardized tests; requires local
boards of education to closely monitor the pe
rformance of licensed
teachers; and requires
licensed teachers to advance their skills through
continuing education. 16 N.C. Admin Code
6C.0102
et seq
. Again, yellow brick road, http://www.ncae.org/wp-content/uploads/Vouche...
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#48620 Mar 10, 2014
TSF wrote:
Ben. Thanks for posting this info. It solidly confirms the legally sorry state of affairs in NC private schools in particular and in NC public charter schools in general. If the charter school lobby is successful in getting the court injunction lifted , maybe you can get state funding to send you children to Greensboro Islamic Academy.
<quoted text>
First, no punks here, no offense, just no rug rats, second, I got no problem with an Islamic school, you are missing the "no oversight" of private schools" mentioned in the lawsuit. If there is no oversight, they should not receive state funding with my tax dollar. I think crappy teachers SHOULD be fired, don't care how long they have been teaching. Yes, for me, it is about prudent spending of my tax dollar.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48621 Mar 10, 2014
TSF thinks all teachers are perfect little angels, viciously forced to work for a dollar an hour.I think in coming years teachers will start losing their jobs in droves, replaced by computers.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#48622 Mar 10, 2014
Greensboro Islamic Academy Enrollment:
Total Enrollment - 38
Rank Nationally - 19304 out of 24006
Rank in North Carolina - 370 out of 469

Greensboro Islamic Academy Students by Grade:
1st - 12
2nd - 9
3rd - 5
4th - 4
5th - 3
6th - 0

Greensboro Islamic Academy Students by Ethnicity:
American Indian - 0 (0%)
Asian - 2 (5%)
Black - 32 (84%)
Hispanic - 0 (0%)
White - 4 (11%)

Greensboro Islamic Academy Student to Teacher Statistics:
Pupil/Teacher Ratio: 6
Student/Teacher Rank in NC : 94 of 469
Full Time Teachers: 7
Rank in North Carolina : 291 of 469
I like to research things before I start criticizing, I see all kinds of learning institutions in this country, I see no difference in this one.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48623 Mar 10, 2014
I have no problem with the private school . I just do not want Islam, or Mormonism, or Christian Science or any other religion taught with my tax dollars because that violates the constitution of the USA. Maybe you have heard of that document.
Who are all these horrible teachers you mention? Name some of them and their schools.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>First, no punks here, no offense, just no rug rats, second, I got no problem with an Islamic school, you are missing the "no oversight" of private schools" mentioned in the lawsuit. If there is no oversight, they should not receive state funding with my tax dollar. I think crappy teachers SHOULD be fired, don't care how long they have been teaching. Yes, for me, it is about prudent spending of my tax dollar.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48624 Mar 10, 2014
Too bad for the court injunction halting the republican approval of their $4300 per student for Islamic instruction. By the large numbers of applications, their enrollment was apparently about to increase several thousand percent if they could get NC tax payer dollars.
Ben wrote:
Greensboro Islamic Academy Enrollment:
Total Enrollment - 38
Rank Nationally - 19304 out of 24006
Rank in North Carolina - 370 out of 469
Greensboro Islamic Academy Students by Grade:
1st - 12
2nd - 9
3rd - 5
4th - 4
5th - 3
6th - 0
Greensboro Islamic Academy Students by Ethnicity:
American Indian - 0 (0%)
Asian - 2 (5%)
Black - 32 (84%)
Hispanic - 0 (0%)
White - 4 (11%)
Greensboro Islamic Academy Student to Teacher Statistics:
Pupil/Teacher Ratio: 6
Student/Teacher Rank in NC : 94 of 469
Full Time Teachers: 7
Rank in North Carolina : 291 of 469
I like to research things before I start criticizing, I see all kinds of learning institutions in this country, I see no difference in this one.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48625 Mar 10, 2014
Don't worry about NC teachers losing their jobs. Large numbers are quitting and moving to neighboring states .NC teacher pay is next to last in the nation. That almost accomplishes the republican race to the bottom. I am more concerned with the republican failure to provide even books for public schools. I notice Kansas republikans in control of their state legislature has been ordered by the US supreme court to fund the schools in accordance with their state constitution. Hopefully that will soon happen in NC
Return of the Waco wrote:
TSF thinks all teachers are perfect little angels, viciously forced to work for a dollar an hour.I think in coming years teachers will start losing their jobs in droves, replaced by computers.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#48626 Mar 10, 2014
Lies--- kind of like attempting to completely cleanse Romney of responsibility for his vulture capitalism in Georgetown Steel and others companies by pretending he had no connection with Bain when he held stock in Bain..
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter, Bain only had 50% interest in the steel co. Bain at the time had 3 major stock holders on the FIFTY PERCENT DO THE MATH. Can you figure that out, BTW, where was the "rest of the story" on the lady with cancer, that turned out to be all lies, your not really that stupid give us the rest, you never do...yellow brick road
Rock

Sylva, NC

#48627 Mar 10, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
No damn idea. And neither do you.
. Still gettin payback for serbia and syria. Lawman is now a psychic too; I'm sure there will be an evening slot available for you when Psych goes off the air.
Rock

Sylva, NC

#48628 Mar 10, 2014
TSF wrote:
The avalanche of illegals was purposefully started by factory barons seeking low wage laborers. The original plan was to get them here with debt by providing plane tickets and lock them in by extending credit housing and credit food through company stores. I remember a midnight connector flight I was on from LAX to ATL . Over 200 illegals got on the plane at midnight , with no paper checks, no searches, no questions , in blue jeans and t shirts. It was snowing in ATL, How do you think that was allowed?
<quoted text>
. They're the darlings of our corporate state...NAFTA was the bullshit wrecking ball pushed by NWO Bush and horney Bill Clinton...traitors, scumbags the both of them.
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48629 Mar 10, 2014
TSF wrote:
Don't worry about NC teachers losing their jobs. Large numbers are quitting and moving to neighboring states .NC teacher pay is next to last in the nation. That almost accomplishes the republican race to the bottom. I am more concerned with the republican failure to provide even books for public schools. I notice Kansas republikans in control of their state legislature has been ordered by the US supreme court to fund the schools in accordance with their state constitution. Hopefully that will soon happen in NC
<quoted text>
I believe starting pay is soon to be increased to middle of the pack! You recall that, dude?
Return of the Waco

Lenoir, NC

#48630 Mar 10, 2014
I think all teachers should quit immediately and go to other states where they can find true happiness!!
Rock

Sylva, NC

#48631 Mar 10, 2014
TSF wrote:
I have always opposed abortion. "Partial birth " abortion is nothing but infanticide. Hillary supports abortion. Romney makes money burning the bodies , calls them "medical waste" and claims he opposes abortion. I cannot give political allegiance to either of these persons or their political parties. Every election year, in every office, there are candidates who disagree with my perspective on a number of issues. That leaves me to decide to vote for the one I consider the lesser of evils.
<quoted text>
. I'm glad Romney, " I jest ate me some cheesy grits!" lost. Same with McCain...these tools would be sending our kids to fight Russia if either were in power.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Sun Estrella 111 131
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Sun I Hate Syracuse 4,842
Is the Illegal Alien Problem Out Of Control Sun xcrbjyds 0
bggb Sun guest 59
Where to buy spice? Sun Carole King 2
Duke Energy's paperless billing is rediculous Sun Carole King 2
I Love Black Women (May '11) Aug 30 Bill Robinson 239
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••