Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Benson, NC

#47836 Feb 23, 2014
It doesn't matter if Christie is guilty or not guilty of ordering the GW bridge incident. The illegal incident occurred during his tenure as governor. If he cannot even manage administrative supervision of traffic across a bridge, how will he manage the USA?
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
We will see what the investigations reveal. If I am wrong and Christie is not guilty, I will come forward saying it was a Democrat attack on him. If he is found guilty, will you come forward to say that he was just another crooked Republican politician?
TSF

Benson, NC

#47837 Feb 23, 2014
Blaming democrats for McDonnel's and Christie's corruption is like blaming the cops because your were caught driving drunk.
Return of the King wrote:
<quoted text> State, was McDonnell running for president? You know State, these"conspiracies"a re nothing new.Remember Whitewater? Nothing there.That was republican initiated.This one, is democrat initiated.Christie is dangerous to democrats.He HAS TO BE DEALT WITH!
TSF

Benson, NC

#47838 Feb 23, 2014
I wonder what' s in the blood to give $1200 billion dollars in welfare each year to the rich who don't need it for nothing.
<quoted text> I wonder what's in the blood, to give it all away, for"security"and food stamps?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47839 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text> I wonder what's in the blood, to give it all away, for"security"and food stamps?
. Take away food stamps and see what happens...
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47840 Feb 23, 2014
TSF wrote:
I don't think you have thought very clearly. Suppose Patel, who makes $30,000 per year and has 5 children and pays no income tax applies for funds to send his five children to Greensboro Islamic Academy . So NC taxpayers pay Patel 5 X $4500=$22,500 to send his kids to Greensboro Islamic Academy when he hasn't paid any taxes to start with. So that means that you and I and others have to pony up money to support an Islamic Academy for Patels children. So you have no children, tough. pay up anyway. My kid attends public school and I only have one child, tough, pony up and pay anyway. So I do not support Islam, tough, pony up . That's why they call it TAX. Because it is not voluntary to begin with.
Then there is the constitutional prohibition against state adoption of religion, any religion. So the constitution is no important if I want something it prohibits?
<quoted text>
. So you're against choice?
TSF

Benson, NC

#47842 Feb 23, 2014
I am against you giving me no choice but to finance your Islamic Academy, Christian Academy, Mormon Academy, Universalist Academy etc. by violating the constitution of the USA. I regard the US Constitution as the guiding foundation of our law, to be followed whether or not I can get the government to give out more goodies that I want.
If you want to send your kids to the Greensboro Islamic Academy, you are free to make that choice and I will not oppose that choice.. Just do not violate the constitution and force me to pay for it.
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. So you're against choice?
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47843 Feb 23, 2014
TSF wrote:
Blaming democrats for McDonnel's and Christie's corruption is like blaming the cops because your were caught driving drunk.
<quoted text>
I can't recall Christie being convicted of "corruption"anywhere except in the govt. controlled media. And of course,
in your mind.....
TSF

Benson, NC

#47844 Feb 23, 2014
Take away welfare to the rich and watch the USA return to solvency within 10 years. Strangely , with our deficit cut to 1/3 of what it was at the beginning of 2009, republikans are starting to oppose cuts to the government goodies . I guess debt accumulation is ok if rich republikans are getting the goodies.
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. Take away food stamps and see what happens...
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47845 Feb 23, 2014
TSF wrote:
It doesn't matter if Christie is guilty or not guilty of ordering the GW bridge incident. The illegal incident occurred during his tenure as governor. If he cannot even manage administrative supervision of traffic across a bridge, how will he manage the USA?
<quoted text>
The same way Obama does when Sibelius fkd up Obamacare..... when Benghazi got fkd up... when IRS went after conservatives (not news worthy to govt controlled media)..... fast and furious..... You get it?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47846 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text> I can't recall Christie being convicted of "corruption"anywhere except in the govt. controlled media. And of course,
in your mind.....
Nobody said he was "convicted" of corruption. He is being investigated. That is OK, isn't it that he is being investigated? Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity have never mentioned McDonnell charges on Fox News. That's OK, in a free media, isn't it?
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47847 Feb 23, 2014
TSF wrote:
Take away welfare to the rich and watch the USA return to solvency within 10 years. Strangely , with our deficit cut to 1/3 of what it was at the beginning of 2009, republikans are starting to oppose cuts to the government goodies . I guess debt accumulation is ok if rich republikans are getting the goodies.
<quoted text>
Running something up by three times, then cutting it by one third, still counts as a pretty big increase. The only thing Obama seems to want to cut is veterans benefits....
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47848 Feb 23, 2014
Nice of America to reduce its nuclear stockpile..... Too bad Russia isn't... another genius move from our America-hater-in -chief.....
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47849 Feb 23, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said he was "convicted" of corruption. He is being investigated. That is OK, isn't it that he is being investigated? Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity have never mentioned McDonnell charges on Fox News. That's OK, in a free media, isn't it?
Free media? Since when is a media that marches in lock step to the whims of a president,"free"? I heard about it on Fox News (obviously the only thing I watch, where else could I have heard it)? Clinton was investigated for Watergate. Was he guilty?? Nope.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47850 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text> Free media? Since when is a media that marches in lock step to the whims of a president,"free"? I heard about it on Fox News (obviously the only thing I watch, where else could I have heard it)? Clinton was investigated for Watergate. Was he guilty?? Nope.
It is Ok if Christie is being investigated, right? If you only watch Fox, why do you comment so much about MSNBC? You never watch it by your own admission.
Taxpayer

Rocky Mount, NC

#47852 Feb 23, 2014
The empirical evidence that power corrupts goes a long way in explaining the inevitable one-way course to tyranny trod by all governments. Having a monopoly on force, corruption within the government monopoly cannot be effectively checked, and growing corruption and its attendant increasing power eventually congeal into absolute power and absolute corruption.
Tyranny. Kurt Vonnegut turned a slightly more colorful phrase in articulating the association of power and corruption by claiming that human beings are chimpanzees who get crazy drunk on power. It must be heady stuff indeed to be in a position within the U.S. government, in which you effectively are part of the controlling mechanism of over 3.8 million square miles and 350 million human lives. Not to mention the power projected out over the rest of the entire globe.
The most dangerous aspect of our “democratic” government, is the fact that the reg’ler folks are made to feel that they are part of the system. Shareholders, as it were. "We" is thrown around a lot, even when the government seems to be spinning out of control. The situation is rarely articulated as “us versus them,” but rather "we are the government and we are doing it to ourselves," and “we have to work within the system to fix the system.”
This is an extremely dangerous perspective for the subjects to have, because as the government slides into tyranny, it is encouraged and pushed along by millions of petty little tyrants—a vast multitude of power-drunk chimpanzees.
Taxpayer

Rocky Mount, NC

#47853 Feb 23, 2014
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Take away the governments power the tax and people will have their solvency and their Freedom.
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47854 Feb 23, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Ok if Christie is being investigated, right? If you only watch Fox, why do you comment so much about MSNBC? You never watch it by your own admission.
Doesn't everybody watch Obama's favorite news show? It's always ok to investigate political opponents, right? And to sic the IRS on them, right?? I'm still waiting for the Zimmerman investigation. Oh, that one didn't work out!
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47855 Feb 23, 2014
Get A Life wrote:
<quoted text>You sound nuts. Hey idiot, do you honestly believe anyone is even paying you any serious attention? Let me answer that for you, NO. As a matter a fact, you make the word stupid look smart. If you haven't noticed, which you probably haven't, there are more peanuts on top of your posts and fake monikers than anyone else's on topix WORLDWIDE. So now you're playing the King Has Returned bullshit now, aren't we just too smart for our own panties. Your posts are lame at best, kind of like a simpleton one-liner comic crashing on stage with nothing funny to say and done degenerate drunk in the audience sleeping. Wake up and go to sleep, you bipolar retard.
You use over 120 words to tell me that no one is listening to me? Now, that's comedy, folks!

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#47856 Feb 23, 2014
Piers Morgan is gone. CNN tells Morgan he's through. What a shame. There's always more room at MSNBC!!!!
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47857 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text> Doesn't everybody watch Obama's favorite news show? It's always ok to investigate political opponents, right? And to sic the IRS on them, right?? I'm still waiting for the Zimmerman investigation. Oh, that one didn't work out!
The conservative way to get around a direct question is just not to bother about it. Put some other accusations in that don't really make a shit. What a strategy.

Here is some News. Chrisitie is NOT Obama's opponent. Maybe you haven't heard that he is not running again.

So, is it OK that Christie is being investigated by THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Susan J. Inabinett Thu Edit 2
charles or charlie holt age 5... who is his pa... Wed Angel at night 11
Why was pastor Amy lambert arrested? Wed Angel at night 70
Ace TJ (Jan '14) Wed Nerf Herder 7
Ric Flair sucks ! (Jun '14) Apr 23 Moose Knuckle 14
Nickname "Quick"? Apr 23 Rhett Butler 4
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Apr 17 Farrell Landon 76

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance