Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Ben

Greer, SC

#47813 Feb 23, 2014
"Central bankers in some of the big emerging markets, such as India’s Raghuram Rajan, have hit out at selfish policies pursued by the US and developed countries that claiming they lead to turmoil in their countries.

But there was no major shift in position on the issue with ministers merely reiterating their commitment for monetary policy among G20 members to be “carefully calibrated and clearly communicated”.

The G20 combines the biggest industrialised and developing countries, which account for about 85 per cent of the global economy. Since the financial crisis struck in 2008 it has become the premier troubleshooter, although its effectiveness has been questioned by participants as the crisis recedes.

The setting of a numerical target for future growth represents a change of strategy at G20 level, which has previously rejected setting hard targets, for example on fiscal adjustments.

But amid scepticism from Germany, the European Central Bank and some other participants the growth target remains largely aspirational with no details on what reforms would be implemented or penalties for failing to achieve the target.

“It is kind of ambitious to set a numerical target for the whole world, well the G20 world,” said Mario Draghi, ECB governor. However, he welcomed the broad thrust of the G20 to target economic growth.

Leaders from G20 countries are expected to outline what reforms they expect to implement to achieve the growth target when they meet in November in Australia, which is chairing the G20 this year.

Ministers said they welcomed the recent signs of improvement in the global economy. But they warned in the communiqué there was no room for complacency as the world economy still faced weakness in some areas of demand and volatility in financial markets and high levels of debt while global imbalances highlighted that important challenges remained.

The meeting in Sydney marked the debut of Janet Yellen, the chairwoman of the US Federal Reserve, at the G20. Sources said she faced criticism from India, among others, over the destabilising impact that the Fed’s decision to taper its quantitative easing programme is having on some developing countries.

The final G20 communiqué reiterated the need for maintaining communication between central banks and for them to be “mindful of impacts on the global economy” when setting monetary policy." I find the comment by India amusing. Who do you talk to when you need tech support? Why should a decision made in the US impact India? Why can't they negotiate trade agreements that work for India and whoever they do business?
TSF

Benson, NC

#47815 Feb 23, 2014
We are talking about the $4500 per student tax money North Carolina has collected from its subjects. Using NC tax money to support Greensboro Islamic Academy is not a constitutionally allowed use for tax money. Neither is using NC tax money to support Raleigh Christian Academy, a Baptist Church school which excludes Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Unitarian Universalist , Christian Scientist and many others persons who believe in religious organizations that Baptist consider cults. Republikan legislators passing legislation allowing charter schools to collect the state money at the beginning of the year for each student, by persons not having had a criminal background check and having no education themselves is just outright stupidity. Right now one of those charters is dumping all their students back into the public schools because--sheezam--all the money is gone. The founder of the school was on probation for guess what? Falsifying documents to obtain state money illegally.
Wouldn't it make sense to check these things out before giving these operators millions at the beginning of the school year? Do we really need to be forcing citizens to pay taxes to support Islamic academy's, Baptist academy's, Mormon academy's, Zen Buddhist academy's, etc.?
Aside from the unconstitutionality of the charter school mess being swept under the rug, it just doesn't make any sense.
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. I don't care for islam one bit, but whose money are we talking about here TSF?
TSF

Benson, NC

#47816 Feb 23, 2014
Very good point. Suppose the engine quits at 5000 feet in a single engine plane over mountainous terrain. We are going to crash, but its better to crash under control at low speed than to just do nothing and crash out of control at high speed. At low speed and with control, we at least have a chance. So do we make an attempt to survive or do we just throw up our hands and wait to have ourselves picked up with a stick and a spoon?

Climate change is happening. The drivers of that change are complex, synergistic , not completely known and only marginally within our control . I think we need to attempt to do what we can just in case the engine doesn't restart. At the same time, needlessly shooting ourselves in the feet on the way down doesn't make sense either..
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
So your solution to global warming is?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47817 Feb 23, 2014
TSF wrote:
We are talking about the $4500 per student tax money North Carolina has collected from its subjects. Using NC tax money to support Greensboro Islamic Academy is not a constitutionally allowed use for tax money. Neither is using NC tax money to support Raleigh Christian Academy, a Baptist Church school which excludes Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Unitarian Universalist , Christian Scientist and many others persons who believe in religious organizations that Baptist consider cults. Republikan legislators passing legislation allowing charter schools to collect the state money at the beginning of the year for each student, by persons not having had a criminal background check and having no education themselves is just outright stupidity. Right now one of those charters is dumping all their students back into the public schools because--sheezam--all the money is gone. The founder of the school was on probation for guess what? Falsifying documents to obtain state money illegally.
Wouldn't it make sense to check these things out before giving these operators millions at the beginning of the school year? Do we really need to be forcing citizens to pay taxes to support Islamic academy's, Baptist academy's, Mormon academy's, Zen Buddhist academy's, etc.?
Aside from the unconstitutionality of the charter school mess being swept under the rug, it just doesn't make any sense.
<quoted text>
. I think that's the point TSF...its the PEOPLE'S money. Meaning...if I chose to use my money to send my kids to: public, private, charter or homeschooling...that's my damn choice...not some fool liberal, not some push over republican or any other busy body who thinks they know what's best for mine.

nd my kids to:
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47818 Feb 23, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
So your solution to global warming is?
. Liberal solutions for these types of problems? Usually decrease the surplus population (kill more people, especially evil babies). Impose top down controls on every aspect of our lives ( our dear leaders can live and consume as they please, we have to make all the terrible sacrifices). Oh, and get rid of everything Christian...not sure why, but that always seems to be in their bloody little playbook. Once all these measures have takin place...well, you've got a damn paradise! Plus, planet goddess won't smite us all! Fuckers...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#47819 Feb 23, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. Liberal solutions for these types of problems? Usually decrease the surplus population (kill more people, especially evil babies). Impose top down controls on every aspect of our lives ( our dear leaders can live and consume as they please, we have to make all the terrible sacrifices). Oh, and get rid of everything Christian...not sure why, but that always seems to be in their bloody little playbook. Once all these measures have takin place...well, you've got a damn paradise! Plus, planet goddess won't smite us all! Fuckers...
. You sound bitter. You should be bitter. Your post is true.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#47820 Feb 23, 2014
Subscriber wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have no problem supporting your communist authority.
An F.B.I. agent infiltrated the Weather Underground back in the 1960's. In talking with the leadership he asked them what they would do, once they gain power. Like you,they were very matter of fact in stating, we will set up re-education of the children in state schools. Those who resisted change would be serrated and forced out of the school system.(Hence the high student failure rate of our public schools.) Of those that would change their thinking and accept Communism would be promoted as leaders of society. But we estimate maybe 20 to 25 million Americans would need to be eliminated because they would refuse to accept Communism. These same 1960's terrorist radicals are now teaching in our Universities and their students are leaders in government positions. As well as in control of the Dem. party
Core curriculum. They will need to..... Eradicate..... People who can remember..... Freedom......
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47821 Feb 23, 2014
The FCC , controlled by the current administration, tried to move on media that refused to "tow the line", with an insane plan to"monitor"media outlets for perceived"truth". Public outcry forced a retreat, yet the govt. controlled media never found this story"worthy"of coverage. MSNBC,(the American Pravda) is more interested in the govt. Controlled agenda, the make-believe Christie scandal.
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47822 Feb 23, 2014
The liberal agenda is three pronged. Attack Fox News, The Koch brothers, and the Tea Party. Attack relentlessly. Tell the LIE, make it a big LIE, tell it OFTEN, and the people will believe.
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47823 Feb 23, 2014
Ukraine revolts, takes down Russian controlled leaders. Expect Russian tanks soon.
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47824 Feb 23, 2014
Obama became the first president to not attend the Gettysburg ceremony. This was a slap in the face to Americans. But this president doesn't care. Sending the bust of Churchill back to England was not exactly an exercise in polite behavior to our most loyal ally, but that didn't matter, only this presidents warped perceptions matter.
Rock

Salisbury, NC

#47825 Feb 23, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>. You sound bitter. You should be bitter. Your post is true.
Surprisingly I ain't one bit bitter. I'm just aware of their tactics to a point... I keep a close eye on them; specially where my family, friends and money are involved.
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47827 Feb 23, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Surprisingly I ain't one bit bitter. I'm just aware of their tactics to a point... I keep a close eye on them; specially where my family, friends and money are involved.
People in Ukraine are fighting for what we are throwing away.Don't know if they will succeed.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47828 Feb 23, 2014
Waco, What about former Governor McDonnell of Virginia? Is this also a left wing conspiracy hoax going after anothr innocent Republican like Christie?
Rock

Salisbury, NC

#47829 Feb 23, 2014
Return of the King wrote:
<quoted text> People in Ukraine are fighting for what we are throwing away.Don't know if they will succeed.
. It's in our blood to fight to get what we want.
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47830 Feb 23, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
Waco, What about former Governor McDonnell of Virginia? Is this also a left wing conspiracy hoax going after anothr innocent Republican like Christie?
State, was McDonnell running for president? You know State, these"conspiracies"a re nothing new.Remember Whitewater? Nothing there.That was republican initiated.This one, is democrat initiated.Christie is dangerous to democrats.He HAS TO BE DEALT WITH!
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47831 Feb 23, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. It's in our blood to fight to get what we want.
I wonder what's in the blood, to give it all away, for"security"and food stamps?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47832 Feb 23, 2014
Return of the King wrote:
<quoted text> State, was McDonnell running for president? You know State, these"conspiracies"a re nothing new.Remember Whitewater? Nothing there.That was republican initiated.This one, is democrat initiated.Christie is dangerous to democrats.He HAS TO BE DEALT WITH!
We will see what the investigations reveal. If I am wrong and Christie is not guilty, I will come forward saying it was a Democrat attack on him. If he is found guilty, will you come forward to say that he was just another crooked Republican politician?
TSF

Benson, NC

#47833 Feb 23, 2014
I don't think you have thought very clearly. Suppose Patel, who makes $30,000 per year and has 5 children and pays no income tax applies for funds to send his five children to Greensboro Islamic Academy . So NC taxpayers pay Patel 5 X $4500=$22,500 to send his kids to Greensboro Islamic Academy when he hasn't paid any taxes to start with. So that means that you and I and others have to pony up money to support an Islamic Academy for Patels children. So you have no children, tough. pay up anyway. My kid attends public school and I only have one child, tough, pony up and pay anyway. So I do not support Islam, tough, pony up . That's why they call it TAX. Because it is not voluntary to begin with.
Then there is the constitutional prohibition against state adoption of religion, any religion. So the constitution is no important if I want something it prohibits?
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. I think that's the point TSF...its the PEOPLE'S money. Meaning...if I chose to use my money to send my kids to: public, private, charter or homeschooling...that's my damn choice...not some fool liberal, not some push over republican or any other busy body who thinks they know what's best for mine.
nd my kids to:
TSF

Benson, NC

#47834 Feb 23, 2014
Come on State, you know that innocent republikan commies would never break the law. Only a liberal conspiracy would even have to gall to question the massive bribery of republikans. Now democrats, that's different. They are all guilty even before the trial.
That's TP justice.
State of Florida wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I get boy in Charlotte/gastonia 3 hr Fred Herbert 3
American Idol Finalist coming to Troutman 12 hr Fred Herbert 2
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Aug 26 tired of the hate 4,897
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Aug 25 Fred Herbert 46
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Aug 24 Fred Herbert 94
Button Earrings with Great Color Aug 23 linda35ny 1
Loving black women Aug 22 Nem0 2

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages