Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 2,278)

Showing posts 45,541 - 45,560 of54,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

[QUOTE Morse and Grion in Colorado even though the democrats tried to buy that election. Being out of touch with their constituents cost them the election. Colorado voters and the NRA (of which I am a proud card carrying member) realize that it is already illegal to kill people with any weapon and so therefore there is no rational reason to believe that passing more laws duplicating and triplicating that illegality will change anything. Crooks and deranged killers love unarmed victims .
Speaking of being out of touch with their constituents, how about those NC republican legislators and governor.?
<quoted text>[/QUOTE] NC republicans will be fine.Hagan, unfortunately, is connected to Obamacare.She is toast.I applaud your post, however.Certainly, I'm glad the forgotten teachers of NC are finally getting some attention,albeit not yet enough.I'm also an NRA member.No shock.
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

waco 1909 wrote:
Kay Hagan is trailing in North Carolina for one reason and one reason only.Obamacare.
OK faker,why don't you remove your yellow balls from your pearl jam mouth and leave a real phone number or email queer boy.
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>OK faker,why don't you remove your yellow balls from your pearl jam mouth and leave a real phone number or email queer boy.
You really don't get it, do you? Couple years ago, when I first"met"you on Topix,I called you"crazy". As an insult. But, turns out, you are actually a total nutcase. "There's a pleasure sure, in being mad, that only madmen know". LMAO!!!
Get Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You really don't get it, do you? Couple years ago, when I first"met"you on Topix,I called you"crazy". As an insult. But, turns out, you are actually a total nutcase. "There's a pleasure sure, in being mad, that only madmen know". LMAO!!!
Dude, are you gay, crazy or both? You've got to be kidding.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

"NC officials propose new teacher pay plan

State Republican leaders on Monday announced a plan to bring starting teacher salaries to $35,000 during the next two years, but critics say the plan is unfair to veteran teachers.

Gov. Pat McCrory has said in recent months that increasing teacher pay would be a priority this year, and on Monday he held a news conference in Guilford County to announce the proposal with Lt. Gov. Dan Forest, House Speaker Thom Tillis and Senate leader Phil Berger.

"Making North Carolina a regional leader and nationally competitive will help us attract the very best talent to our schools and brand our state as a teaching destination, not a layover," the leaders said in a joint statement.

Within the plan, starting teacher pay will increase by $2,200 this year and by an additional $2,000 the following year. Funding for the proposed raises will come from additional and available revenues and will not require a tax increase, according to the governor's office.

Currently, according to the 2013-14 N.C. public school teacher salary schedule, the salary for teachers with five or fewer years of experience is $30,800, with incremental increases each year beginning with the sixth year of experience. The proposed increase of minimum salary to $35,000 would nearly bring starting pay up to the level that 10-year teachers are paid now --$35,800.

The average starting teacher salary in the U.S. in 2012-13 was $36,141, according to the National Education Association.

The increase would apply to all teachers with nine or fewer years of experience, said Republican Sen. Dan Soucek of Boone, co-chairman of Senate committees on education and education funding. Soucek said discussions about the teacher pay proposal began last fall.

"We know that teacher pay is very important. We want to recruit the best teachers here in North Carolina," said Soucek. "The way the economy has been turning around, we feel we're in a position to make some commitments we can count on."

The North Carolina Association of Educators responded to the announcement on Monday, stating that while the proposal could help attract the best and brightest to work in the state's schools, "without a comprehensive long-range salary compensation plan, there is very little incentive for any teacher to remain in the profession in our state."

"I think that's fabulous for (beginning teachers). They do need their starting pay at an equitable level compared to other states," said Jennifer Lacy, president of the Watauga County Association of Educators and fourth-grade teacher at Parkway School.

"However, not doing that for all teachers across the board and giving them that increase is just not OK. It gives the impression that the state does not respect veteran teachers," Lacy said. She said the starting pay amount would make it seem as if North Carolina's teacher compensation was average compared with other states, "when in fact it's not that way."

NCAE said North Carolina ranks 46th in the nation for average teacher salaries.

The 2014 short session of the General Assembly begins in May, and both the governor's office and Soucek indicated that state leaders would explore opportunities for additional teacher pay increases as the state revenue outlook becomes clearer.

The big question mark, they say, is Medicaid. Medicaid spending exceeded budget projections by approximately $300 million last year, and state health leaders last month could not provide lawmakers with an accurate picture of this year's numbers, according to media reports.

"There are a lot of other ideas out there we're still trying to iron out. We'll come out with more information as we know more of what we can do," said Soucek. "We don't know what the impact Medicaid and Medicare are going to have. That's a wild card that affects everything."

Said Lacy, "I hope that they do (consider more raises) for the sake of retaining these veteran teachers in the state." Gotta start somewhere.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

"The two Iranian warships headed toward U.S. waters — one of which barely survived a 1988 run-in with an American fighter jet — are a pair of "rust buckets" Tehran is using to prove to its people it can project power around the globe, naval experts said.

The commander of Iran’s Northern Navy Fleet said the ships — the frigate Sabalan and Kharg, a supply ship capable of carrying helicopters — began their trip last month from the southern port city Bandar Abbas.

Adm. Afshin Rezayee Haddad said the vessels had already entered the Atlantic Ocean near South Africa en route to U.S. maritime borders as part of a three-month mission. Haddad characterized the move as a response to the ongoing presence of the U.S. Navy’s 5th fleet, which is based in Bahrain, across the Persian Gulf." Underestimating people is very dangerous.
Rock

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes it seems the country is expecting an unrealistic global "kumbaya" moment. Has never happened and will never happen. It is not in human DNA. Someone always wants to be king, or in Hillary's case queen. After reading her best friend's papers, Bill was a wimp. The persona he exhibited, was a ruse, that guy had problems. Hence the comments by Rand Paul that no one is disputing.
Billy boy gots daddy issues...
Rock

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Dems for Social Progress wrote:
The facts are simply not debatable.This country is headed for a Golden Age, and it will be led by a woman of conscience. This can't be stopped.
??
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

San Diego elects republican mayor after democrat pervert resigns....
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Black unemployment rate increased from 9.1 in 2008 to 12.2 today.
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Representative Hakeem Jeffries elected in 2012 in state of New York, is a true rising start in politics.
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

With snowmageddon approaching our area, a few news tips for republikans:

1. If your eyeballs feel cold, do not warm them with a match. It could cause diminished vision

2. Do not attempt to warm your pets in the microwave

3. Identify all the windows and doors in your dwelling and close them

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

TSF wrote:
With snowmageddon approaching our area, a few news tips for republikans:
1. If your eyeballs feel cold, do not warm them with a match. It could cause diminished vision
2. Do not attempt to warm your pets in the microwave
3. Identify all the windows and doors in your dwelling and close them
I'm not an expert, I'll need the govt.to send over someone who knows doors from windows.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>A special bulletin for all black people.
hey, fake waco.I have a little surprise for you.Should be here in a week or so.No, it's nothing bad! Quit being paranoid! It will help you live better.
Rock

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

waco 1909 wrote:
Black unemployment rate increased from 9.1 in 2008 to 12.2 today.
black unemployment sky rockets during obamas presidency...why does Obama hate black people??
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

The Republican House has approved a"clean"increase in the debt ceiling. Comments?
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>A special bulletin for all black people.
Fake waco,it's a special notice for blacks and beaners.
Truth

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> hey, fake waco.I have a little surprise for you.Should be here in a week or so.No, it's nothing bad! Quit being paranoid! It will help you live better.
You're no doubt a confused closet homosexual in need of mental therapy. Please get some help.
Allen

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Thus time the House can't be blamed for Obama and his incompetence.
Tiger Tiger

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Truth my azz.you open your mouth it's a lie. You best be mixing in some salads Two Ton. You could break thru the street you so big.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 45,541 - 45,560 of54,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) 13 hr Life Coach 31
Holy Spirit Condemnation!. 17 hr Sammy 1
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 21 hr Life Coach 4,818
Belmont cycle shop moves shop Thu Hey 7
I Love Black Women (May '11) Thu Manny 225
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Thu benson 12
Charles ''Charley'' & Melinda Herman!! Wed Carolinagurl88 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••