Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46580 Jan 27, 2014
Ben, remember when the Caldwell County bootleggers would pump money into the churches to inflame the faithful to oppose liquor by the drink, liquor stores and beer sales? Remember when the "bag" man came around to get the SD share of the illegal alcohol sales and gambling proceeds from those establishments which wanted to remain in business?
Ben, as you well remember, that was the corrupt system in place then. Now we just have a new corrupt system.
For every Ben opposing corruption today, there is a new Ben out there figuring out new schemes. Examples are plentiful, but not all those folks getting assistance are undeserving or corrupt or lazy or less of a human being than you are now.
Ben wrote:
"It works like this: Once a month, the debit-card accounts of those receiving what we still call food stamps are credited with a few hundred dollars — about $500 for a family of four, on average — which are immediately converted into a unit of exchange, in this case cases of soda. On the day when accounts are credited, local establishments accepting EBT cardsare swamped with locals using their public benefits to buy cases and cases — reports put the number at 30 to 40 cases for some buyers — of soda. Those cases of soda then either go on to another retailer, who buys them at 50 cents on the dollar, in effect laundering those $500 in monthly benefits into $250 in cash — a considerably worse rate than your typical organized-crime money launderer offers — or else they go into the local black-market economy, where they can be used as currency in such ventures as the dealing of unauthorized prescription painkillers — by "pillbillies," as they are known at the sympathetic establishments in Florida that do so much business with Kentucky and West Virginia that the relevant interstate bus service is nicknamed the "OxyContin Express." No, there is no welfare fraud.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46581 Jan 27, 2014
The USA doesn't need an immigration bill. The NC republican legislature has just invited them all to move to NC.
waco 1909 wrote:
Immigration Bill? Anybody?
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46582 Jan 27, 2014
I guess it just got easier with the simple majority rule in place. The new rule is a double edged sword just like the old rule had become.
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Easy to do.Party with the majority...get it?
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46583 Jan 27, 2014
They should leave the guy alone. Most of the ones gouging him are probably great hero's themselves-- having spent their military years in the states typing dangerous reports for company clerks.. Mark Twain said you cannot elevate yourself by tearing someone else down. that is the real motivation of the vicious attackers.
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Google"Toxic Topix". You've seen the vicious sexual comments posted here, only the tip of the iceberg.Rolls off my back, but some, apparently not.There's a guy on Topix here name of William Church who is "getting"it about being a false war hero.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#46584 Jan 27, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nether do you.
Yes, at least I show and can prove what I know aout the Constitution while you remain silent. Is your silence based on the fact that you don't know, or that you are wrong?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#46585 Jan 27, 2014
TSF wrote:
They should leave the guy alone. Most of the ones gouging him are probably great hero's themselves-- having spent their military years in the states typing dangerous reports for company clerks.. Mark Twain said you cannot elevate yourself by tearing someone else down. that is the real motivation of the vicious attackers.
<quoted text>
If the guy (Church) committed suicide, I am just wondering how they would feel about their continued badgering? Things like this do happen.
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46586 Jan 27, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
If the guy (Church) committed suicide, I am just wondering how they would feel about their continued badgering? Things like this do happen.
Apparently...several people...have done so..identified by name on Topix by vicious anonymous posters.....Topix does a poor job of protecting these people...
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46587 Jan 27, 2014
Topix is a breeding ground for maladjusted scum, safe in their anonymity, to lash out and tear down those they hate.I expect someone, as a matter of fact, to respond to this post with a copycat (as waco1909) post. That's another little trick.
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46588 Jan 27, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
If the guy (Church) committed suicide, I am just wondering how they would feel about their continued badgering? Things this do happen.
they would celebrate
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46589 Jan 27, 2014
Conceivably, they could be charged with cyber bullying. The judicial penalty might not be much but the civil penalty could be considerable.
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently...several people...have done so..identified by name on Topix by vicious anonymous posters.....Topix does a poor job of protecting these people...
waco 1909

Marrakech, Morocco

#46590 Jan 27, 2014
TSF wrote:
Conceivably, they could be charged with cyber bullying. The judicial penalty might not be much but the civil penalty could be considerable.
<quoted text>
I honestly believe my 6th Amendment Rights would not be considered in either circumstances State.I also believe it' a Gay poster stalking me wanting to get under my skin or in my pants. Ironically,I have more Gay friends than straight friends. I've had a few Gay friends try to put the move on me several times. They're pretty persistent when they like what they see. I can't blame them,I'm a great catch.;)
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46591 Jan 27, 2014
article 1 of the Constitution says all legislative powers shall be vested in Congress... not a president wielding a pen...

waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46592 Jan 27, 2014
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>I honestly believe my 6th Amendment Rights would not be considered in either circumstances State.I also believe it' a Gay poster stalking me wanting to get under my skin or in my pants. Ironically,I have more Gay friends than straight friends. I've had a few Gay friends try to put the move on me several times. They're pretty persistent when they like what they see. I can't blame them,I'm a great catch.;)
I can't lie, FAKE WACO, I'm one great looking dude! But, no gay friends, as I'm particular about my friends!
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46593 Jan 27, 2014
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
There IS the problem that Church is pretending to be a war hero.
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46594 Jan 27, 2014
millions more on food stamps has Obama is unable to solve nation's economic woes....
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46595 Jan 27, 2014
As Obama...
waco 1909

Marrakech, Morocco

#46596 Jan 27, 2014
OK fake waco,I have had about enough of your BULLSHIT! STOP cyber bullying me or I will tell on you! LEAVE ME ALONE!
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#46597 Jan 27, 2014
waco 1909 wrote:
OK fake waco,I have had about enough of your BULLSHIT! STOP cyber bullying me or I will tell on you! LEAVE ME ALONE!
Next time, FAKE WACO,don't forget to capitalize the"FAKE WACO".You know, like I do.As for"cyber bullying", what's the big deal? The sheer predictability is amusing! Besides, frankly, I enjoy the attention.:)
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46598 Jan 27, 2014
If what they are saying is true, he could probably be convicted of stolen valor since that is a crime. He would get a trial by jury of his peers in the district of the crime and be represented by council as per amendment 6. If he were found guilty, the court would hand out his punishment. Those folks who have already convicted and hounded him on the internet are also committing a crime. The courts frown on vigilante actions . The proper action would be to collect the evidence and petition the courts to charge him.
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> There IS the problem that Church is pretending to be a war hero.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46599 Jan 27, 2014

Obama's leadership has :
1. Saved the American Auto Industry and about 1 million of the spin off jobs it creates.
2,Led the economic recovery from the worst recession since the Great Depression
3. Kept the promises to pull troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan
4.Started significant reform of our dysfunctional health care system
5. Presided over a period of record corporate profits
6.Presided over cutting the deficit in half
7 improved equal rights for women and minorities
8 Eliminated Osama Bin Laden and the top Al Qaida leaders
9. Stopped the imminent collapse of banks
10.Moved job growth from 1 million jobs being lost PER MONTH to a slow growth of jobs
11. Begun very slight regulation of the out of control securities traders on Wall Street in order to prevent the rip offs we were seeing in 2007/2008.

But these astounding feats have not occurred fast enough.---Republikan conculsion-- Worst president ever.
waco 1909 wrote:
millions more on food stamps has Obama is unable to solve nation's economic woes....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friday Night Live - Drunk By 9:00 (Jun '11) 15 hr tolly 107
News Charlotte nightlife king to open Belmont restau... Wed Soho 4
Moral Bankruptcy on Lands End Trail Jun 29 The Grass Whisperer 9
EG Wish list (Jan '10) Jun 27 belmont man 9
Review: Avenue Z Graphics (Jul '08) Jun 26 ARC 12
Western Carolina University: Notorious Reputati... Jun 25 Justin 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Jun 25 Remy89 173

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance