Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
StoptheGOP

Burnsville, NC

#46147 Jan 18, 2014
Not Tillis just another one percenter like our greedy governor. Anyone who uses God in politics is a liar covering up his wrong doings. The Bible calls them False Prophets. Get the GOP out of our state they are in it for their benefit not yours. Closet teapartiers must go to Texas with their leader cruz and the rest of the canadianteaparty.
Tom D

New York, NY

#46148 Jan 18, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You should leave his wife out of this though. Makes you look like a bully.
Hey big boy, I hate bullies too. I would love to get together with you and give you a back rub and we'll see where it goes from there. I live in Fayetteville, NC. My number is nine one zero four eight four two six eight four:)

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#46149 Jan 18, 2014
StoptheGOP wrote:
Not Tillis just another one percenter like our greedy governor. Anyone who uses God in politics is a liar covering up his wrong doings. The Bible calls them False Prophets. Get the GOP out of our state they are in it for their benefit not yours. Closet teapartiers must go to Texas with their leader cruz and the rest of the canadianteaparty.
Calm down count to ten, smoke some of your weed, you'll feel better!

“Vote”

Houston

#46150 Jan 18, 2014
StoptheGOP wrote:
You democrats seem nervous.Worried about republicans while every word out of your Emperor Obama's mouth is a lie.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46151 Jan 18, 2014
Yes, Obama, like all politicians of all parties , tells lies. Yes, there is reason for people in NC to be worried about republikans. Republikans are raising taxes on working people so they can give tax breaks to the rich. Republikans are destroying the public schools. during a time when over 60% of jobs require a college degree. Republikans are attempting to destroy democracy by suppressing the vote of college students, the elderly and minorities. Republikans are building big government to intrude into the personal lives of North Carolineans. Attempting to give women a two year felony sentence for exposing their tits is an example. Republikans are attempting to codify their religion into state law and thereby destroy freedom of religion . Republikans hate clean water and clean air and have pretty much dismantled environmental laws which were put in place to protect our citizens from the horrible industrial toxic waste abuses of the recent past in our state. North Carolina could be the poster child proving why environmental regulation of toxic substances had to be passed in the first place.. Republikans are doing their best to completely remove any worker protection laws. Republikans have passed a jobs bill---for illegal aliens which invites them to NC to further burden our social services, emergency room costs and overcrowd schools.

The question is whether the anti education efforts are successful enough to further stupefy the republican base into ignoring these idiotic moves by republikan politicians working for Art Pope and the Koch brothers against ordinary citizens..
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You democrats seem nervous.Worried about republicans while every word out of your Emperor Obama's mouth is a lie.

“Vote”

Houston

#46152 Jan 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
Yes, Obama, like all politicians of all parties , tells lies. Yes, there is reason for people in NC to be worried about republikans. Republikans are raising taxes on working people so they can give tax breaks to the rich. Republikans are destroying the public schools. during a time when over 60% of jobs require a college degree. Republikans are attempting to destroy democracy by suppressing the vote of college students, the elderly and minorities. Republikans are building big government to intrude into the personal lives of North Carolineans. Attempting to give women a two year felony sentence for exposing their tits is an example. Republikans are attempting to codify their religion into state law and thereby destroy freedom of religion . Republikans hate clean water and clean air and have pretty much dismantled environmental laws which were put in place to protect our citizens from the horrible industrial toxic waste abuses of the recent past in our state. North Carolina could be the poster child proving why environmental regulation of toxic substances had to be passed in the first place.. Republikans are doing their best to completely remove any worker protection laws. Republikans have passed a jobs bill---for illegal aliens which invites them to NC to further burden our social services, emergency room costs and overcrowd schools.
The question is whether the anti education efforts are successful enough to further stupefy the republican base into ignoring these idiotic moves by republikan politicians working for Art Pope and the Koch brothers against ordinary citizens..
<quoted text>
There are lies, and there are LIES.OBAMA lies to advance a radical ideological agenda.You don't see that, I understand. Not one president in the history of America needed to go for"simple majority"in the senate.BUT Obama did.He issues presidential edicts designed to circumvent Congress and the Supreme Court.The last thing I wanted was for my own party to do something like that.But because Obama has already done it, when the Republicans are back in power, they will do the same thing.Executive orders from Obama are a terrible idea.This increases the power of the President to an unacceptable level.The checks and balances of our political system are being destroyed.Because Obama is your boy you're not worried.That's short sighted in the extreme.When Republicans get back in power they will feel they have a need to do the same thing.Ground has already been broken.Because mark my words.The last thing any American needs Is for the office of President to become all powerful.I do not want an all-powerful president even if that President represents my own party!

“Vote”

Houston

#46153 Jan 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me be clear.The Democracy Alliance is loaded with left-wing billionaires. they are easily more dangerous than the KOCH brothers. billionaires advance the agenda of billionaires not average American citizens. to think otherwise is naive. anyone who wants an education in this country can get a good education. this is the information age, information can be gotten from any cell phone. but these kids have to want an education.many are so self absorbed after years on computers and cell phones, that they are becoming social misfits.The CORE curriculum is damaging in the extreme as well.
Tom D

New York, NY

#46154 Jan 18, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Calm down count to ten, smoke some of your weed, you'll feel better!
Please don't ask me to calm down big boy. Your avatar pic is real cute and you're very smart which really turns me on. Please give me a call so we can make arrangements to maybe get together. You're definitely my kind of man.

nine one zero four eight four two six eight four;)
Laughing Policeman

Greer, SC

#46155 Jan 18, 2014
Paranoia, paranoia, they're coming to get me!
Dreadful Lemon Sky

Greer, SC

#46156 Jan 18, 2014
Your transparency is opaque? See Obama...
Waco 1954

Greer, SC

#46158 Jan 18, 2014
Democrats are in disarray.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46159 Jan 18, 2014
Executive orders: Reagan 381, GW Bush 291, Obama 161 . Now , all of a sudden, republikans are worried about executive orders issued by an imperial president. GW Bush cancelled the constitution on Oct 26,2001 with the signing of the unpatriotic patriot act which allowed unlimited wiretapping on US citizens, torture of prisoners and the establishment of the monstrocities of NSA and, TSA. 13 years later, republikans have discovered that our freedoms have been essentially cancelled.
If I remember correctly, it was Harry Reid who pulled the trigger on the simple majority rule.
The threat of republikans making our legislative branch even more dysfunctional than they already have is only symbolic. Its kind of like burning the head of someone who has already been decapitated.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> There are lies, and there are LIES.OBAMA lies to advance a radical ideological agenda.You don't see that, I understand. Not one president in the history of America needed to go for"simple majority"in the senate.BUT Obama did.He issues presidential edicts designed to circumvent Congress and the Supreme Court.The last thing I wanted was for my own party to do something like that.But because Obama has already done it, when the Republicans are back in power, they will do the same thing.Executive orders from Obama are a terrible idea.This increases the power of the President to an unacceptable level.The checks and balances of our political system are being destroyed.Because Obama is your boy you're not worried.That's short sighted in the extreme.When Republicans get back in power they will feel they have a need to do the same thing.Ground has already been broken.Because mark my words.The last thing any American needs Is for the office of President to become all powerful.I do not want an all-powerful president even if that President represents my own party!
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#46160 Jan 18, 2014
Dreadful Lemon Sky wrote:
Your transparency is opaque? See Obama...
Waco, since you are test marketing new Topix personas to make it appear that others subscribe to your point of view, this is the one that I like the most. This one is a keeper. Laughing Policeman just does not have a ring to it. Ditch it.
Darnell

Greer, SC

#46161 Jan 18, 2014
Can't recall any president going around the supreme court and Congress by using executive orders like Obama has.Apparently you didn't understand his post. Which republican president ended the senate rules regarding a two thirds majority, to a simple majority? Ohh, yeah, NONE OF THEM. ARE YOU so dense you refuse to understand the danger of a president unconstrained by the Supreme Court and Congress? All presidents issue executive orders, BUT NOT TO DO AN END AROUND CONGRESS AND THE SUPREME COURT YOU NINNY!

“Vote”

Houston

#46162 Jan 18, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco, since you are test marketing new Topix personas to make it appear that others subscribe to your point of view, this is the one that I like the most. This one is a keeper. Laughing Policeman just does not have a ring to it. Ditch it.
like"just wondering" and "Tom D"? They don't seen to be agreeing with me, although one of them seems to have a gay crush on me.Better think again!

“Vote”

Houston

#46163 Jan 18, 2014
"Seem to be".
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46164 Jan 18, 2014
Very little of your presentation holds water. You say that kids can get all the information they need from cell phones but then you reverse with the claim that cell phones are generating social misfits. I agree with the latter and disagree with the idea that a cell phone can be relied upon for education of future generations.
Common core is supposedly a race to the top. But our NC republican legislature has NC in a race to the bottom. We are almost there already. Since common core standards and tests have been adopted in NC, how do republikans think our goal of race to the bottom will be achieved? Its simple. Just provide no common core classroom materials or books. You need not worry about common core being successful in NC. Its a parallel to the "No Child's behind left" . Adopt the standards but provide no funding. Failure is guaranteed.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Let me be clear.The Democracy Alliance is loaded with left-wing billionaires. they are easily more dangerous than the KOCH brothers. billionaires advance the agenda of billionaires not average American citizens. to think otherwise is naive. anyone who wants an education in this country can get a good education. this is the information age, information can be gotten from any cell phone. but these kids have to want an education.many are so self absorbed after years on computers and cell phones, that they are becoming social misfits.The CORE curriculum is damaging in the extreme as well.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46165 Jan 18, 2014
Nincompoop ! Why do you think they are called EXECUTIVE orders? All presidential executive orders circumvent the necessity of congressional approval.
Darnell wrote:
Can't recall any president going around the supreme court and Congress by using executive orders like Obama has.Apparently you didn't understand his post. Which republican president ended the senate rules regarding a two thirds majority, to a simple majority? Ohh, yeah, NONE OF THEM. ARE YOU so dense you refuse to understand the danger of a president unconstrained by the Supreme Court and Congress? All presidents issue executive orders, BUT NOT TO DO AN END AROUND CONGRESS AND THE SUPREME COURT YOU NINNY!
TSF

Clinton, NC

#46166 Jan 18, 2014
No president, including Obama gets credit for anything achieved on the floor of the US Senate. The simple majority rule was achieved by Harry Reid and the US Senate.
Yes, I do understand the danger of imperial presidents. Bull shitting myself and others about the mechanics of my government will not help in avoiding an imperial president. That is the main reason for our present state of dysfunction. The uneducated public doesn't know who is responsible for what and elect those who tell them only what they want to hear. Then those elected represent only those who pay them the most money. They get the gold mine, we get the shaft.
Darnell wrote:

“MAKE AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#46167 Jan 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
Executive orders: Reagan 381, GW Bush 291, Obama 161 . Now , all of a sudden, republikans are worried about executive orders issued by an imperial president. GW Bush cancelled the constitution on Oct 26,2001 with the signing of the unpatriotic patriot act which allowed unlimited wiretapping on US citizens, torture of prisoners and the establishment of the monstrocities of NSA and, TSA. 13 years later, republikans have discovered that our freedoms have been essentially cancelled.
If I remember correctly, it was Harry Reid who pulled the trigger on the simple majority rule.
The threat of republikans making our legislative branch even more dysfunctional than they already have is only symbolic. Its kind of like burning the head of someone who has already been decapitated.
<quoted text>
Your comment shows what LITTLE you know about the Patriot Act and even LESS about NDAA! Educate yourself BEFORE you make a fool of yourself, again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Why are yankees so rude? (Dec '11) 1 hr AmericanRider1776 130
Thank God 4 TRUMP 3 hr MarkJ- 18
www.lowesceo.com (Feb '09) Mon curious 2
News New plan would add rail to airport, Lake Norman... Feb 19 Mark mark 1
I am God's messenger mga Feb 19 I amwise 3
The White House is White again!! Feb 18 WesternCivilizedMan 4
Illegal Alien (Daca/Dreamer) arrested for Murder Feb 18 Deportation Squad 2

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance