Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#45680 Dec 29, 2013
Removal of chemical weapons from Syria delayed. Another fail communist controlled Democratic policy. The nuclear policy in the east has failed too with the loser Dems making decisions. As long as America is run by communist minded people we and our children will lose.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45681 Dec 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Do you even read the things you post?
January 2009--JOBS LOST- 818,000---------- November 2013 JOBS GAINED 203,000
January 2009--U6 unemployment 14.4 ---------November 2013 U6 unemployment 13.4
Exactly how do you figure the economy loosing 818,000 jobs per month is better than our economy GAINING 203,000 jobs? Translation into yankee--- Whatsamatta, you's brain dead?
<quoted text>
Did you even LOOK at the link? It's about "life support" for brain dead people, and how it is determined who gets it, not unemployment. Again, a Democrat "passing the bill before you know what's in it." You will say anything to draw attention away from Obamacare. "Whatsamatta, you's brain dead?"
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45683 Dec 29, 2013
Total private (266 industries)......... 63.9
Manufacturing (81 industries)......... 52.5
These would be the "job creators" ie the rich guys everyone hates. You know the ones that CREATE jobs.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45684 Dec 29, 2013
Measure
Not seasonally adjusted
Seasonally adjusted
Nov.
Oct.
Nov.
Nov.
July
Aug.
Sept.
Oct.
Nov.
U-1 Persons unemployed 15 weeks or longer,
as a percent of the civilian labor force......... 4.2 3.7 3.7 4.3 3.9 3.8 3.8 3.8 3.8
U-2 Job losers and persons who completed
temporary jobs, as a percent of the civilian
labor force.......... 3.9 3.6 3.5 4.1 3.8 3.8 3.8 4.0 3.7
U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the
civilian labor force (official unemployment
rate)......... 7.4 7.0 6.6 7.8 7.4 7.3 7.2 7.3 7.0
U-4 Total unemployed plus discouraged
workers, as a percent of the civilian labor
force plus discouraged workers.......... 7.9 7.4 7.1 8.3 8.0 7.8 7.7 7.8 7.5
U-5 Total unemployed, plus discouraged
workers, plus all other persons marginally
attached to the labor force, as a percent of
the civilian labor force plus all persons
marginally attached to the labor force......... 8.8 8.3 7.9 9.2 8.8 8.7 8.6 8.6 8.3
U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons
marginally attached to the labor force, plus
total employed part time for economic
reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor
force plus all persons marginally attached to
the labor force.......... 13.9 13.2 12.7 14.4 14.0 13.7 13.6 13.8 13.2
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45685 Dec 29, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Yes State, I have no insurance!
I hope the path for insurance will open up for you sometime soon.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45686 Dec 29, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope the path for insurance will open up for you sometime soon.
One never knows....
TSF

Greenville, NC

#45687 Dec 29, 2013

Ben. Tell us how horrible things are now compared o Januay2009
TSF

Greenville, NC

#45688 Dec 29, 2013
These would be the "job creators" ie the rich guys everyone hates. You know the ones that CREATE jobs.

OK. lets give credit where it is due. If the rich are the creators of al jobs, then they are also the destroyers of all jobs at 818,000 per month in January of 2009. So, that means that the rich were responsible entirely for the depression and the loss of over 15, 000,000 jobs in 2008 and 2009. And they did that during a time of unprecedented low taxes so that disproves the republikan theory that lowering taxes encourages creation of jobs.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#45689 Dec 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Ben. Tell us how horrible things are now compared o Januay2009
uhh....did you understand the"life support"point? Hello? You there?
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45690 Dec 29, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> uhh....did you understand the"life support"point? Hello? You there?
Forget it man, that guy will never get it. He doesn't have it in him to go to the dept of labor and look at the numbers. It's only like 39 pages. BTW, highest unemployed age bracket...20 to 25. These are the people that supposed to pay for Obamacare. Wait till Feb when all the temp help get let go. Up go the numbers.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#45691 Dec 29, 2013
You can not admit that GAINING 200,000 jobs per month is better than LOSING 818,000 per month because a black democrat is president and his policy changes are responsible. Pathetic. I am glad the economy is slowly improving from the republikan depression and that jobs are growing . I would be happy if had been a green republican alien who got us out of the republican crash. Republikan drunk drivers crash the economy and then complain for 5 years that it isn't being repaired fast enough. Typical. Next thing you will claim is that Obamacare caused the republican depression in 2008.. This constant whining and pessimism is getting tedious. I will pay attention to the republikans when they come up with solutions instead of complaints about how imperfect things are.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Forget it man, that guy will never get it. He doesn't have it in him to go to the dept of labor and look at the numbers. It's only like 39 pages. BTW, highest unemployed age bracket...20 to 25. These are the people that supposed to pay for Obamacare. Wait till Feb when all the temp help get let go. Up go the numbers.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#45692 Dec 29, 2013
Eric Munoz wants to let his brain dead wife die in peace but Texas law will not let that happen. My observation---Texas legislators apparently think their power to legislate supersedes the will of God. Kind of like NC republican legislators outlawing a rise in sea level.
California wants to let a brain dead 13 year old girl die in peace, but the parents cannot accept her death. Very sad. The parents are hoping for a miracle. They say if two people believe something , it can happen. I believe miracles are possible. With the two parents and my belief,, that makes three.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> uhh....did you understand the"life support"point? Hello? You there?
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45693 Dec 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
You can not admit that GAINING 200,000 jobs per month is better than LOSING 818,000 per month because a black democrat is president and his policy changes are responsible. Pathetic. I am glad the economy is slowly improving from the republikan depression and that jobs are growing . I would be happy if had been a green republican alien who got us out of the republican crash. Republikan drunk drivers crash the economy and then complain for 5 years that it isn't being repaired fast enough. Typical. Next thing you will claim is that Obamacare caused the republican depression in 2008.. This constant whining and pessimism is getting tedious. I will pay attention to the republikans when they come up with solutions instead of complaints about how imperfect things are.
<quoted text>
First of all, did you really just bring RACE into the conversation?? Bigot. Second, exactly, what Obama policies are you talking about? EXACTLY. I do mean EXACTLY the policy you are talking about. Think long and hard while I go do a little research.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45694 Dec 30, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, did you really just bring RACE into the conversation?? Bigot. Second, exactly, what Obama policies are you talking about? EXACTLY. I do mean EXACTLY the policy you are talking about. Think long and hard while I go do a little research.
You can read posts all over Topix and hear it in your day to day life where Obama is called all kind of monkey names, although I don't think I have ever seen any from you, but yes, race in that fact that he is the first black President is a factor with many Republicans, whether you like to admit it or not. If you are honest, you have seen and heard these monkey references, too.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#45695 Dec 30, 2013
On the other hand, any honest critical remark about Obama's policies, often draws a"you're a racist"response from Obama supporters.We walk a fine line here, State.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45696 Dec 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
On the other hand, any honest critical remark about Obama's policies, often draws a"you're a racist"response from Obama supporters.We walk a fine line here, State.
Not me. If people disagree with policy, I never use the "you're a racist" line. It is just when they make obvious racists remarks that I use it. But, you know that you read and hear these racists remarks more often than not. You need to be honest here.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#45697 Dec 30, 2013
Bigot? If hating stupidity makes one a bigot, I plead guilty.

Policy: Regulating Wall Street has done much to relieve the uncertainty caused by the likes of Enron, WorldCom, Madoff , etc. Stabilizing the banks and giving them direction to restore solvency helped establish a positive rate of climb out of the straight down nose dive republican economic tailspin.

Economic stabilization has prevented the total economic collapse set in motion by the republikans. Just the rescue of the auto industry was within itself a huge factor in reversing the domino collapse of our entire economy which started in 2008..

Winding down the imperialism in Iraq has saved huge expenditures in no bids contract to Chaney's KBR complex in logistics rip offs. Adopting a hard line stance against terrorists like Dubya Bush's friend, Osama Bin Laden, has served to lessen the tendency to take advantage of the US in all aspects including business.

Moving the US toward energy independence by promotion of biofuels, increased efficiency and energy production by solar, wind. geothermal has made us less dependent of foreign energy producers and reduced our trade deficit.. The USA is now a net exporter of refined products like gasoline, diesel and lubricants.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, did you really just bring RACE into the conversation?? Bigot. Second, exactly, what Obama policies are you talking about? EXACTLY. I do mean EXACTLY the policy you are talking about. Think long and hard while I go do a little research.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45698 Dec 30, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read posts all over Topix and hear it in your day to day life where Obama is called all kind of monkey names, although I don't think I have ever seen any from you, but yes, race in that fact that he is the first black President is a factor with many Republicans, whether you like to admit it or not. If you are honest, you have seen and heard these monkey references, too.
You know what, YOU may hear that kind of crap, but quite honestly, I, do not. I, don't really care for remarks made like that, because it is the OFFICE that deserves respect. The man is an employee.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45699 Dec 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
Bigot? If hating stupidity makes one a bigot, I plead guilty.
Policy: Regulating Wall Street has done much to relieve the uncertainty caused by the likes of Enron, WorldCom, Madoff , etc. Stabilizing the banks and giving them direction to restore solvency helped establish a positive rate of climb out of the straight down nose dive republican economic tailspin.
Economic stabilization has prevented the total economic collapse set in motion by the republikans. Just the rescue of the auto industry was within itself a huge factor in reversing the domino collapse of our entire economy which started in 2008..
Winding down the imperialism in Iraq has saved huge expenditures in no bids contract to Chaney's KBR complex in logistics rip offs. Adopting a hard line stance against terrorists like Dubya Bush's friend, Osama Bin Laden, has served to lessen the tendency to take advantage of the US in all aspects including business.
Moving the US toward energy independence by promotion of biofuels, increased efficiency and energy production by solar, wind. geothermal has made us less dependent of foreign energy producers and reduced our trade deficit.. The USA is now a net exporter of refined products like gasoline, diesel and lubricants.
<quoted text>
" Bigot: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc.: a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)" Policy: thank you for pointing out: "Nearly half of Americans incorrectly think President Obama started the the bank bailout program, otherwise known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), a new poll shows.

Just 34 percent of Americans surveyed by the Pew Research Center correctly said that TARP was enacted by the Bush administration. Almost half -- 47 percent -- think Mr. Obama started the bank bailout, according to the survey, conducted July 1-5. There was no partisan divide on the issue.

The TARP program was created in 2008 to stabilize the financial system. The Treasury Department has committed more than $500 billion to more than 800 firms through the program. While Mr. Obama did not enact TARP, his administration has largely been responsible for administering it." CBS
TSF

Greenville, NC

#45700 Dec 30, 2013
Do you mean to say that CONGRESS controls ALL treasury expenditure allocations and that presidents merely ADMINISTER the directives of CONGRESS? Damn. Who would have thought. Oh, you mean that is how it is spelled out in the US constitution? Go figure.
Does that mean that all the republikans blaming Obama for running the USA into 17 trillion dollars in debt are FOS because CONGRESS did it? The truth finally is realized?
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>" Bigot: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc.: a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)" Policy: thank you for pointing out: "Nearly half of Americans incorrectly think President Obama started the the bank bailout program, otherwise known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), a new poll shows.
Just 34 percent of Americans surveyed by the Pew Research Center correctly said that TARP was enacted by the Bush administration. Almost half -- 47 percent -- think Mr. Obama started the bank bailout, according to the survey, conducted July 1-5. There was no partisan divide on the issue.
The TARP program was created in 2008 to stabilize the financial system. The Treasury Department has committed more than $500 billion to more than 800 firms through the program. While Mr. Obama did not enact TARP, his administration has largely been responsible for administering it." CBS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mount holly pop warner on the rise in 2013 (Oct '13) Sat Just curious 67
News Videos of drivers in Belmont uploaded to YouTube (Jun '14) Sat mw77698on youtube 112
Poll Do you think women with hairy armpits are ok (Jan '09) Aug 28 NemO 545
Help wanted. Sales in Charlotte Aug 28 NemO 2
Belmont City Council Aug 27 Derek Rumfelt 26
belmont food & beverage - q: what happened? Aug 27 Roger Higgins 4
Location questions. Aug 27 Abc 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages