Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
waco1909

Buffalo, NY

#45369 Dec 4, 2013
I laugh my ass off even more just knowing I was born a genius.At age 3 months old I crapped e = mc 2 in my diaper and Einstein stole it and claimed it as his idea. At 4 months old I was speaking 150 different foreign languages, including 10 extra terrestrial ones after I was abducted by ET's. I was raised by chimpanzees. My mother's and father's names were Zera and Cornelius,they starred in all three Planet of the Apes movies. I was the baby chimp who starred in the third movie. I had a one liner in that movie. I squealed, Mamma, Mamma. At one year old, I was drafted in the army and was given the rank of 6 Star General and I retired at age two. Since that time, I've been drifting in and out of zoos and nut houses until I found my new home on Topix, where I can now show off my superior supreme intellect and genius throughout the universe. Oh, and by the way everyone, I still wear diapers.
Taxpayer

Oxford, NC

#45370 Dec 4, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fedealist Papers were tracts that were distributed to the people in the 1780's to get public support for the US Constitution. If Taxpayer would have been alive then, he would probably have objected to them as by virtue of his state's rights stance, and that was the position of the Anti-Federalists from the south. Taxpayer, I believe, would have been up in arms against the Federalists and the Federalist Papers. What do you say, Taxpayer. What about the Federalist Papers are inspiring to you?
On what fact did you determine the anti-Federalist papers were from the south? Or were you just making a bigoted statement?
Taxpayer

Oxford, NC

#45371 Dec 4, 2013
Ben wrote:
How 'bout that ole Obamacare? They are going to trust the big ole bad insurance companies to tell how much they want to get paid. Bet that not one Demorat on here will say word. Bet the Drmorats raised he// at the big banks that got bailout money. So instead of admitting Obamacre is junk, we will pour money in to insurance companies and that will keep them quiet. You people are blind and dumb. You support something that time and time again has been exposed as crap. You blame Republicans for past economic downturns??? You ain't seen nothing yet. One sixth on the economy just to avoid egg on your face.
Ben, I do not understand why these people cannot form a co-op to get their own insurance. It is not that hard to do. But it seems that they're just too lame and lazy. So they would rather have the government steal it from working people. People who have sacrificed and worked hard to get what they have. But these people could care less.
I know people who spent their life partying and when they turn 30, they realized they had no backup. Now they are crying because they have no insurance and no medical care. They want to blame the government for not providing it to them. They are freeloaders.

“Seek ”

Since: May 12

Houston

#45372 Dec 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I laugh my ass off even more just knowing I was born a genius.At age 3 months old I crapped e = mc 2 in my diaper and Einstein stole it and claimed it as his idea. At 4 months old I was speaking 150 different foreign languages, including 10 extra terrestrial ones after I was abducted by ET's. I was raised by chimpanzees. My mother's and father's names were Zera and Cornelius,they starred in all three Planet of the Apes movies. I was the baby chimp who starred in the third movie. I had a one liner in that movie. I squealed, Mamma, Mamma. At one year old, I was drafted in the army and was given the rank of 6 Star General and I retired at age two. Since that time, I've been drifting in and out of zoos and nut houses until I found my new home on Topix, where I can now show off my superior supreme intellect and genius throughout the universe. Oh, and by the way everyone, I still wear diapers.
Funny post.But, I can't help it if I'm smart.Just don't have much common sense.:).

“Seek ”

Houston

#45373 Dec 4, 2013
Taxpayer the Federalist Papers are not a sound bite, most people these days won't take the time to read something that requires linear thought processing.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45374 Dec 4, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fedealist Papers were tracts that were distributed to the people in the 1780's to get public support for the US Constitution. If Taxpayer would have been alive then, he would probably have objected to them as by virtue of his state's rights stance, and that was the position of the Anti-Federalists from the south. Taxpayer, I believe, would have been up in arms against the Federalists and the Federalist Papers. What do you say, Taxpayer. What about the Federalist Papers are inspiring to you?
Read it again, Taxpayer. I said nothing about the Federalists Papers being FROM the south. I said the ANTI FEDERALISTS, who were from the south, oppossed the Federalists position and you would have probably been an Anti Federalists, based on the position of states rights. Read it REAL SLOW once again, and then respond intelligently if you can.

“Seek ”

Houston

#45375 Dec 4, 2013
State.Read the damn things.Don't worry about who was for, or against.Great reading, if nothing else it sheds light on the truly great people who founded this country.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45376 Dec 4, 2013
I have read the damn things. I wanted to hear Taxpayer's view. You were the one who said he knew so much about history. If so, let's hear his view of the Federalist's Papers. Fair enough?

“Seek ”

Houston

#45377 Dec 4, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
I have read the damn things. I wanted to hear Taxpayer's view. You were the one who said he knew so much about history. If so, let's hear his view of the Federalist's Papers. Fair enough?
I love the Federalist Papers.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45378 Dec 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I love the Federalist Papers.
I am just trying to get Taxpayer's perspective, to see if I can learn anything new.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#45379 Dec 4, 2013
NC republikan legislators and our republikan Govenor McCrory now say they want to get help for our teachers whose pay is dead last in the nation when all factors are considered. When just salary and noting else is considered, we rank 48th. Now that the republican race to the bottom has been achieved and the primary elections are coming up, some republican legislators are worried that republican teachers and independents who vehemently disagree with the attach on education might defeat the assholes in the primary. So suddenly, they have found money which is forthcoming in May---mysteriously AFTER THE PRIMARY ELECTION.
Lets see if NC public teachers and citizens who want education for their children are stupid enough to send these turkeys back to
Raleigh.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#45380 Dec 4, 2013
You know, democrats cannot vote in the republican primary--- unless you change your voter registration to independent or republican pretty soon. Then if those people were to vote against all incumbents in the republican primary, the re election chances of those turds could be greatly reduced. I would never advocate such a thing, so the above is just a hypothetical observation, but it is really important that republikans be stopped from their slash and burn campaign against education in NC. Expanding the party of stupid and making NC the state of stupid is just not a plan for success in the future.

“Seek ”

Houston

#45381 Dec 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
NC republikan legislators and our republikan Govenor McCrory now say they want to get help for our teachers whose pay is dead last in the nation when all factors are considered. When just salary and noting else is considered, we rank 48th. Now that the republican race to the bottom has been achieved and the primary elections are coming up, some republican legislators are worried that republican teachers and independents who vehemently disagree with the attach on education might defeat the assholes in the primary. So suddenly, they have found money which is forthcoming in May---mysteriously AFTER THE PRIMARY ELECTION.
Lets see if NC public teachers and citizens who want education for their children are stupid enough to send these turkeys back to
Raleigh.
Guess you forgot what your dems did..for two weeks AFTER the 2014 elections...you should know...game playing isn't limited to..republicans....
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45382 Dec 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Guess you forgot what your dems did..for two weeks AFTER the 2014 elections...you should know...game playing isn't limited to..republicans....
I don't even remember the 2014 elections, let alone what we did. Clue us in.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#45383 Dec 4, 2013
I also cannot remember something that has not yet happened. Weird.
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even remember the 2014 elections, let alone what we did. Clue us in.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#45384 Dec 4, 2013
The good thing is that the democrats are getting off their asses and pushing back against the republican morons.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Guess you forgot what your dems did..for two weeks AFTER the 2014 elections...you should know...game playing isn't limited to..republicans....
Ben

Marrakech, Morocco

#45385 Dec 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
The good thing is that the democrats are getting off their asses and pushing back against the republican morons.
<quoted text>
I can't agree with you more T. Just wondering, are you gay, transgender or just a feminine sensitive bisexual like waco?

“Seek ”

Houston

#45386 Dec 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the democrats put off, until after the 2014 elections?? Anybody? I know I'm not the only one privy to that info.(State apparently misunderstood).
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45388 Dec 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> What did the democrats put off, until after the 2014 elections?? Anybody? I know I'm not the only one privy to that info.(State apparently misunderstood).
Still confused about your question. Maybe stop the mystery and just tell us what we will pull off.
Ben

Greer, SC

#45389 Dec 5, 2013
For Obama, it's all about Obamacare

By Doyle McManus

December 4, 2013

President Obama's speech Tuesday announced the relaunch of his healthcare program's website. But he was also aiming to relaunch his entire second term, which has careened from high ambition to near-catastrophe in less than 11 months.

Until his signature healthcare program is running smoothly, Obama stands little chance of focusing Congress on any of the other goals of his once-ambitious second-term agenda, including immigration reform and addressing the nation's infrastructure needs.

Republicans are already building their 2014 congressional election campaign around Obamacare, and if they're able to win the Senate and hold on to the House, Obama will be a very lame duck for his last two years in office. With so much at stake, the speech wasn't all that reassuring. The president asserted that the law was already working (a statement unlikely to convince most Americans), but he acknowledged that more problems could arise. "We've learned not to make wild promises," he said. "Whatever comes up, we're going to fix it."

In the appearance Tuesday, Obama embraced a strategy that has worked for him in the past: a direct appeal to the American people. But speeches aren't going to fix the "back end" of the HealthCare.gov website, which is still transmitting unreliable information about enrollees to the insurance companies providing their policies. The Department of Health and Human Services still refuses to disclose the system's error rate not a good sign.

Even in the best of times, Obama's speeches don't have the impact they once did. Tuesday's event was carried live by only one major cable channel, MSNBC; CNN and Fox News didn't bother. The only way to make Obamacare look like a success is for the president to make it work. But that will take smarter, better management of a complex set of projects that sprawl across both the government and the private sector a talent that hasn't been abundant in Obama's staff so far.

In the president's first term, his White House was staffed mostly with policy wonks who designed his economic stimulus and healthcare legislation, plus campaign aides who prepared him for his 2012 reelection. But what he needed to launch Obamacare was a brilliant CEO.

The White House was warned in 2010 (by Harvard professor David Cutler among others) that it needed a strong, independent manager to run the implementation of Obamacare, but the advice was ignored. That lesson has finally been learned belatedly. In October, as the website debacle became clear, Obama asked Jeffrey Zients, his new top economic advisor, to take charge of the rescue operation. Next year, Zients is scheduled to get his original job back, and the White House plans to install a new Obamacare CEO an executive who will hold the president's future in his hands.

Some administration officials say they expect Kathleen Sebelius, who oversaw the bungled rollout as secretary of Health and Human Services, to resign by the end of the year. She wasn't the only person who failed to notice the oncoming disaster. But in the eyes of some aides, her presence will serve as a continuing reminder of the administration's failure.

"If this were to happen in the private sector," Obama's former spokesman, Robert Gibbs, said on NBC last month, "somebody would have probably already lost their job."

But the real test of how much Obama has learned will be in the other staff changes he makes. His chief of staff, Denis McDonough, has won praise from members of Congress and was one of the voices calling for closer management of the Obamacare rollout. He appears likely to stay. But it would make sense for Obama to add more management experience to his staff. http://www.latimes.com
BTW, your bartender can sign you up! LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The drag queen with Gov. Pat McCrory on her ear... 12 hr union 1 2
Pretty Pat is in trouble! 12 hr union 1 5
Review: Advantage Debt Solutions (Oct '10) 13 hr James310 6
Ban Bruce Springsteen from playing in NC Wed Carolina fan 7
lgbt party Wed Garry Wallace 1
Share your racist experience in Charlotte.. May 2 Long Slong 6
My husband is a sex fiend (Jun '13) May 2 Andy 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages