Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43969 Nov 1, 2013
Allen are you kidding? After all the hell you put me through for being on disability for a few years? Now you're quoting Bible verses? Really?.Hmmmm......

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43970 Nov 1, 2013
Allen if you like I could download the entire Bible here for everybody on Topix.Then, people can pick what they like to accuse other people with.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43971 Nov 1, 2013
The American Dream?....

1Timothy 6:9-10 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Luke 16:13 "No sevant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

Proverbs 23:4 Do not toil to aquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist.

Matthew 24:12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43972 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen are you kidding? After all the hell you put me through for being on disability for a few years? Now you're quoting Bible verses? Really?.Hmmmm......
I heard that Waco. Go figure. I always think it's nice to preface Bible verses with profanity as Allen did. I think that's what that crazy minister as the Westboro Baptist Church does. Makes you wonder if they live the words they read or read the words they read just for the sake of argument.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43973 Nov 1, 2013
The people who have thrown the must dirt at me for the disability thing were all liberals, strangely enough.Even back when I was a democrat.Liberals should practice what they preach.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43974 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that Waco. Go figure. I always think it's nice to preface Bible verses with profanity as Allen did. I think that's what that crazy minister as the Westboro Baptist Church does. Makes you wonder if they live the words they read or read the words they read just for the sake of argument.
I tend not to trust people who use Bible quotes like ammunition.Life in America.....
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43975 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Allen, do you have trouble with comprehension? I believe I mentioned everything you're going off on. The rich having a difficult time getting into Heaven, taking care of the poor, elderly and widows.
If there are no jobs, speak to the government. The government has over-regulated small businesses and there is a failure by this current administration to create the jobs they boasted during not one but two campaigns. If you have a problem with the Bible speaking about if a man doesn't work, he shouldn't eat, speak to God.
The scripture you quoted I wonder what your opinion is, what about the widow's mite coins. She actually gave her 10% with those coins just as the rich. The Bible commands we give 10% of our earnings. How many people rich and poor do you think do this. She didn't give this money to help out the poor, she did it because she was following a commandant given by God.
Being that YOU have stated that this country just couldn't make without it's rich, I can see why this might hit a nerve. You don't like it talk to God. He said it I didn't. Just thought I'd give you a reminder.
Waco 1909

Park Ridge, IL

#43976 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
And another thing Allen,you put me through hell because I'm a very sensitive bipolar gay and prefer anal over oral sex.I cried like a baby for two weeks because YOU really hurt my feelings you awful beast!

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43977 Nov 1, 2013
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>And another thing Allen,you put me through hell because I'm a very sensitive bipolar gay and prefer anal over oral sex.I cried like a baby for two weeks because YOU really hurt my feelings you awful beast!
Yes Allen you really hurt my feelins', it was just terrible, day after day, crying, oh.the humanity!
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43978 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, the word "damn" is used 453 times in the New Testiment. What now, you gonna sue God? Lol.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43979 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I tend not to trust people who use Bible quotes like ammunition.Life in America.....
I tend not to trust those who sell ammunition and those who quote the Bible having no clue as to the book or chapter from which it came. Life of a republiCON.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43980 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend not to trust those who sell ammunition and those who quote the Bible having no clue as to the book or chapter from which it came. Life of a republiCON.
More like, the life of a demodope.Cheer up.Maybe a Dem got your money.

Location hidden

#43981 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I see we shouldn't trust you. Here's some definitions of "damn". You tell me which context you used the word and then how it's used in the Bible.

Full Definition of DAMN
transitive verb
: to condemn to a punishment or fate; especially : to condemn to hell
a : to condemn vigorously and often irascibly for some real or fancied fault or defect <damned the storm for their delay>
b : to condemn as a failure by public criticism
: to bring ruin on
: to swear at : curse —often used to express annoyance, disgust, or surprise <damn him, he should have been careful> <I'll be damned>
intransitive verb

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43982 Nov 1, 2013
Looks like defending Obamacare just got tougher.Where are the liberal knights championing Obamacare? These liberals, atheists all, have gone to Bible quotes! They must be desperate, they all worship lord Obama.

Location hidden

#43983 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Being that YOU have stated that this country just couldn't make without it's rich, I can see why this might hit a nerve. You don't like it talk to God. He said it I didn't. Just thought I'd give you a reminder.
Allen, the next time you have a sack cloth and ashes retreat for the poor and down trodden, please let everyone on Topix know and tell me how many show up.

Read the story of Job and that's not "job" as in a career and tell me your interpretation. Please read and don't give me google's interpretation.

Allen

Penrose, NC

#43984 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Allen, do you have trouble with comprehension? I believe I mentioned everything you're going off on. The rich having a difficult time getting into Heaven, taking care of the poor, elderly and widows.
If there are no jobs, speak to the government. The government has over-regulated small businesses and there is a failure by this current administration to create the jobs they boasted during not one but two campaigns. If you have a problem with the Bible speaking about if a man doesn't work, he shouldn't eat, speak to God.
The scripture you quoted I wonder what your opinion is, what about the widow's mite coins. She actually gave her 10% with those coins just as the rich. The Bible commands we give 10% of our earnings. How many people rich and poor do you think do this. She didn't give this money to help out the poor, she did it because she was following a commandant given by God.
No Deary, I believe that it is you who is having trouble with comprehension. This was not about following a commandment of God. This was more about the selfishness of the wealthy. The widow gave two coins which equaled a penny, which was all she had. Even if she had only given one coin she still would have given half of all she had. So if one penny was all she had and she gave it then wouldn't that mean that she gave 100% of all she had and not 10%? Actually you didn't read what you thought you read.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43985 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I see we shouldn't trust you. Here's some definitions of "damn". You tell me which context you used the word and then how it's used in the Bible.
Full Definition of DAMN
transitive verb
: to condemn to a punishment or fate; especially : to condemn to hell
a : to condemn vigorously and often irascibly for some real or fancied fault or defect <damned the storm for their delay>
b : to condemn as a failure by public criticism
: to bring ruin on
: to swear at : curse —often used to express annoyance, disgust, or surprise <damn him, he should have been careful> <I'll be damned>
intransitive verb
Let's try....
9. something of negligble value: not worth a damn.

As in 411. Got it?

I see that what you lack in biblical knowledge you at least try to make up for in Webster's.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43986 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Looks like defending Obamacare just got tougher.Where are the liberal knights championing Obamacare? These liberals, atheists all, have gone to Bible quotes! They must be desperate, they all worship lord Obama.
Oh Twinkie got his tutu in a wad. Spin ballerina spin.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43987 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Twinkie got his tutu in a wad. Spin ballerina spin.
Gosh, can't take a compliment?:)

Location hidden

#43988 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
No Deary, I believe that it is you who is having trouble with comprehension. This was not about following a commandment of God. This was more about the selfishness of the wealthy. The widow gave two coins which equaled a penny, which was all she had. Even if she had only given one coin she still would have given half of all she had. So if one penny was all she had and she gave it then wouldn't that mean that she gave 100% of all she had and not 10%? Actually you didn't read what you thought you read.
No Miss Comprehension, she was commanded to give her 10% which she did. She gave ALL she had which was sacrificial giving. Jesus found favor that she gave sacrificially. How do you know it wasn't about following a commandment? You think she was up there pulling a fast one on Jesus? He could read her thoughts and what was in her heart. She did right by giving her 10% and that was more than most did, but she went above and beyond by giving all.

It's all interpretation Miss Comprehension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So when is the ground breaking on the Harris Te... (Sep '14) 5 hr Tracy Jay 17
News Source: Body found dismembered in woods near St... 16 hr vam 2
Poll Why are yankees so rude? (Dec '11) Thu mooksmom 115
Best Plastic Surgeon In Charlotte? Thu mooksmom 3
Provisions bit the dust Wed belmontcitizen 6
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Jul 29 Zinjanthopus 4,850
Jimbo from Intervention (Feb '11) Jul 29 You freak 65
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages