Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Ben

Greer, SC

#43933 Oct 31, 2013
Should we subsidize oil companies?
Ben

Greer, SC

#43934 Oct 31, 2013
Should we fund programs like the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) that help low-income families with their heating bills?
Ben

Greer, SC

#43935 Oct 31, 2013
"Unless you answered “ No” to all four questions you support programs that have been specifically identified as fossil fuel subsidies." Not as easy as you think, cutting "welfare to the rich". Someone will pay a price and probably not who you think.http://www.forbes.com/si tes/energysource/2012/04/25/th e-surprising-reason-that-oil-s ubsidies-persist-even-liberals -love-them/

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43936 Oct 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
With the rich getting $1200 billion per year in welfare for not working and the poor , disabled, young and old getting $850 billion in welfare, would the words of Jesus apply to the rich and poor or just the poor?
<quoted text>
TSF, not going to get into a theological war of words. The Bible does not express if you were welfare rich or welfare poor. It says again If a man doesn't work, he shouldn't eat. That's not a difficult concept to wrap your head around. I will also add that the Bible does state that it's more difficult for the rich to enter Heaven. A scripture many people word incorrectly is "Money is the root of all evil", actually it says "The love of money is the root of all evil." So I think that could cover the rich and the poor. Poor people love money but not enough to work for it and steal and rob and rich people do it on a different level through scheming and wheeling and dealing. We are also commanded to take care of the widows, elderly and disabled, not anyone who is healthy and can work but won't.

You can mince and parse words all you want, that's just my interpretation and you're entitled to yours.
anon

Marion, NC

#43937 Oct 31, 2013
hagan
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43938 Oct 31, 2013
Yes. But we should start charging market value for the oil that we are now practically giving to them . Selling our natural resources at market value would put a significant dent in our deficit.
Ben wrote:
Should we allow oil companies to take a tax deduction also available to any U.S. manufacturer such as Apple or Microsoft?
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43939 Oct 31, 2013
Yes. Because the fuel tax is for ROAD use. That tax is used to construct and maintain roads. Machinery not using the roads would naturally not have to pay a road tax .
Ben wrote:
Should farmers be allowed a fuel tax exemption for the fuel they use on the farm?
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43940 Oct 31, 2013
Not no, but hell no!!
Ben wrote:
Should we subsidize oil companies?
colony

Greenville, SC

#43941 Oct 31, 2013
anon wrote:
hagan
Festus .
Taxpayer

Camden, NC

#43942 Oct 31, 2013
ObamaCare was initiated by a controlled Socialist president. Was pushed thru by a Communist minded Democratic Congress.
While lame REPUBLICANS sit on their A&& and pretend to be concerned. You can vote for whom you like, but the powers behind closed doors will preselected the one for office and control your life.

You can count the ones in power will gain at your expense.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43943 Oct 31, 2013
The rich are stealing much ,much more than the poor. Stealing is stealing. The beautiful people get no pass from me. A thief is just a thief regardless of how much he has managed to steal.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, not going to get into a theological war of words. The Bible does not express if you were welfare rich or welfare poor. It says again If a man doesn't work, he shouldn't eat. That's not a difficult concept to wrap your head around. I will also add that the Bible does state that it's more difficult for the rich to enter Heaven. A scripture many people word incorrectly is "Money is the root of all evil", actually it says "The love of money is the root of all evil." So I think that could cover the rich and the poor. Poor people love money but not enough to work for it and steal and rob and rich people do it on a different level through scheming and wheeling and dealing. We are also commanded to take care of the widows, elderly and disabled, not anyone who is healthy and can work but won't.
You can mince and parse words all you want, that's just my interpretation and you're entitled to yours.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43944 Oct 31, 2013
No.
Ben wrote:
Should we fund programs like the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) that help low-income families with their heating bills?
Taxpayer

Camden, NC

#43945 Oct 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
Yes. But we should start charging market value for the oil that we are now practically giving to them . Selling our natural resources at market value would put a significant dent in our deficit.
<quoted text>
Who do you think is going to pay for all that? Us in higher prices for goods. All the companies are going to pass this cost on to you. Wake up!
Taxpayer

Camden, NC

#43946 Oct 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
The rich are stealing much ,much more than the poor. Stealing is stealing. The beautiful people get no pass from me. A thief is just a thief regardless of how much he has managed to steal.
<quoted text>
Ok get rid of all welfare but we also cut all taxes to one third of what they are now and freeze them. All taxes from local to the Fed.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43947 Oct 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
The rich are stealing much ,much more than the poor. Stealing is stealing. The beautiful people get no pass from me. A thief is just a thief regardless of how much he has managed to steal.
<quoted text>
I think we said basically the same thing. I don't give rich or poor a pass either for being a thief and you're right, stealing is stealing. It's not the amount one steals, it's the fact one steals.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43949 Oct 31, 2013
Since the USA is now a net exporter of refined products (gasoline, diesel etc) that is oil companies are exporting more to foreign markets than the USA is using, some of that profit might as well go into the US treasury instead of into the pockets of oil companies, many of them foreign. like BP for instance. You are the one who needs to wake up. You are drinking too much republican kool aid and tea.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think is going to pay for all that? Us in higher prices for goods. All the companies are going to pass this cost on to you. Wake up!
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43950 Oct 31, 2013
Dream on. Have you looked at the balance of the national debt lately? All that savings will have to be used to pay down the debt on money that was borrowed when "debt doesn't matter". Taxes will have to be raised as well as eliminating ALL WELFARE to the rich and poor. Your CONGRESS has written the checks in your name and signed it "U BEN HAD"..
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok get rid of all welfare but we also cut all taxes to one third of what they are now and freeze them. All taxes from local to the Fed.
Barvey Hallwanger

Greenville, SC

#43951 Oct 31, 2013
What?
Waco 1909

Greenville, SC

#43952 Oct 31, 2013
According to records released today by lawsuit, six....6....SIX PEOPLE SIGNED UP FOR OBAMACARE ON THE FIRST DAY.....by day three......248 people had signed in...while TWO MILLION PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR INSURANCE!!!!!
Waco 1909

Greenville, SC

#43953 Oct 31, 2013
Obama lies again.Cadillac plans being dripped....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Idol Finalist coming to Troutman 3 hr styledo 1
Stuart Cramer High School Varsity Football Team... 3 hr Stormy Bob 2
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Fri tired of the hate 4,897
East Gaston Football (Sep '08) Thu BlueDevilEagleand... 879
Did you hear what happened at Friends? Aug 25 buzzfriend 6
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Aug 25 Fred Herbert 46
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Aug 24 Fred Herbert 94

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages