Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43493 Oct 19, 2013
Oh pardon me princess. "MEET"

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#43495 Oct 19, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, see your logic; however, most children in the system because of child neglect are children of lower income/non working, single mothers who depend on the system as their form of income. Funny thing, never see a healthy woman or man, capable of working that won't, live in government housing, receive food stamps and have at least three children in the system for neglect ever win parent(s) of the year awards.
BTW, working more than 40 hours is a personal neglect that one may feel down the road as a parent when they wake up one day and they don't even know their own children. Providing food, shelter, clothing, helping with educational needs is normally not considered neglect.
Allen, why are you using Waco's name?
There were no misspellings in the post, it was indeed mine.Had to reset my computer.Back on, now.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43496 Oct 19, 2013
Waco wrote:
So, if you work more than 40 hours a week, that means you neglect your family? So, it would stand to reason that if a person doesn't work at all, then that would mean that they DON'T neglect their family? Strange logic.
Thank you. Perfect post. Someone who can think outside the box!

If you work too much you neglect your family and you are measured by what you own.
If you don't work enough to support your family you neglect them and are measured by what you don't own.

“Vote”

Houston

#43497 Oct 19, 2013
Allen your post to bacon made me laugh so hard I almost had a stroke.I didn't know whether it was serious, or not, but the fact is it was funny as hell.You have talent.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43498 Oct 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen your post to bacon made me laugh so hard I almost had a stroke.I didn't know whether it was serious, or not, but the fact is it was funny as hell.You have talent.
Do you believe it? She accused me of using your name and coupling it with logic:) lmao. And yes I was serious!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43499 Oct 19, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe it? She accused me of using your name and coupling it with logic:) lmao. And yes I was serious!
It just goes to show that at least I gave you credit for at least a moment you had some clarity of thought!

Shame on you Waco!! And Allen what were you thinking? You should have owned using logic no matter who it belonged to!!:)

“Vote”

Houston

#43500 Oct 19, 2013
Ha, y'all are too much for me tonight!
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43501 Oct 19, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, your comprehension level is a tad low. I said they work 80 hours a week for a house they can't afford. I meant they are living above their means or income and it takes 80 hours to cover the debt they have created to keep up a lifestyle they can't afford. Some of the groups of professionals I named won't always be in this situation because their income will increase because their area of expertise and they probably won't go for want.
I applaud that farming pays your bills, feeds your family and you freely give. I never really appreciated farming until I watched the people here do it and actually do it with joy. Why does it anger you that I have chosen to live among people that do the same thing you do but in another country? A country where people aren't at each others throat over politics, race is rarely discussed and the land is beautiful. Don't be a hater because I decided to take a leap and give my family and myself a tranquil lifestyle without the rat race of the U.S. You act as though I moved to a communist country selling U.S. secrets living in an airport.
Your anger issues consume you and one day could be your downfall.
Honest men are not rich men. It will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle that for a rich man to enter through the gates of heaven. The meek shall inherit the earth. But I don't have to tell you a damn thing ,do I repupliCON? Anger issues? No I call it just like I see it. You are a member of the old, white, wealthy, racist, over educated to the point of stupid party who can't see the forest for the trees. Poor men and women won this last election and we will win the next, while those of you who are puffed up with pride and boostful of you net worth continue your civil war.
State of Florida

Huntersville, NC

#43502 Oct 19, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest men are not rich men. It will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle that for a rich man to enter through the gates of heaven. The meek shall inherit the earth. But I don't have to tell you a damn thing ,do I repupliCON? Anger issues? No I call it just like I see it. You are a member of the old, white, wealthy, racist, over educated to the point of stupid party who can't see the forest for the trees. Poor men and women won this last election and we will win the next, while those of you who are puffed up with pride and boostful of you net worth continue your civil war.
Todays philosophy of the poor and disadvantaged of by the elite is not "Let them eat cake", but "Let them eat Twinkies" It is more cost effective.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43503 Oct 19, 2013
Hey bacon, just so you can't say I never gave you anything here is a recipe that I carry with me:

Country Apple Dumplings
2 lg apples any kind peeled and cored
2 cans (10 oz)refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 C. butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 C. white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 12 oz can Mt. Dew

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 9x13 backing dish
Cut each apple into 8 wedges
Roll each apple wedge in a crescent roll starting at the smallest end. Pinch and seal and place in dish.
Melt butter in a small sauce pan, stir in sugar an cinnamon. Pour over apple dumplings. Now pour Mt. Dew over dumplings.
Optional garnish with pecans or walnuts
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown

Now enjoy and hopefully with some carmel sundae topping.

It is quick, easy and delicious.
My apologies if the islanders have already given you this one;)
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43504 Oct 19, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Todays philosophy of the poor and disadvantaged of by the elite is not "Let them eat cake", but "Let them eat Twinkies" It is more cost effective.
LOL, OMG, can't believe you said twinkie. That's my pet name for Waco, "Texas Twinkie":O
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43505 Oct 19, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
It just goes to show that at least I gave you credit for at least a moment you had some clarity of thought!
Shame on you Waco!! And Allen what were you thinking? You should have owned using logic no matter who it belonged to!!:)
I don't claim to own anything that I don't, guess that's what divides you and I.

Location hidden

#43506 Oct 19, 2013
Allen wrote:
Hey bacon, just so you can't say I never gave you anything here is a recipe that I carry with me:
Country Apple Dumplings
2 lg apples any kind peeled and cored
2 cans (10 oz)refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 C. butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 C. white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 12 oz can Mt. Dew
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 9x13 backing dish
Cut each apple into 8 wedges
Roll each apple wedge in a crescent roll starting at the smallest end. Pinch and seal and place in dish.
Melt butter in a small sauce pan, stir in sugar an cinnamon. Pour over apple dumplings. Now pour Mt. Dew over dumplings.
Optional garnish with pecans or walnuts
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown
Now enjoy and hopefully with some carmel sundae topping.
It is quick, easy and delicious.
My apologies if the islanders have already given you this one;)
Thank you for the recipe. What you lack in manners you make up for with good recipes.

Allen, do you know much about the tropics? Apples can be grown but they don't hold a light to what we have access to in the U.S. I'm wondering if I can use canned apples? The mango in the tropics is kind of like what apples/peaches are to us in the U.S. The funniest thing about living in the tropics is I don't each fish and I'm not crazy about mangoes, but I'm learning.

Location hidden

#43507 Oct 19, 2013
edit--"eat" fish
Taxpayer

Camden, NC

#43508 Oct 19, 2013
Representative Steve Stockman (R-TX) arranged for the distribution of a book described as "the first draft of the articles of impeachment against Barack Obama" to all 435 members of the US House of Representatives. "Impeachable Offenses: The Case for Removing Barack Obama from Office,"
Real emlu

Greer, SC

#43509 Oct 20, 2013
Better watch those recipes, got in trouble for that one time. Mikie said can't do that on here remember? BTW, grill the mango with a hot spice and other veggies. Be sure to brush with oil.

Location hidden

#43510 Oct 20, 2013
Real emlu wrote:
Better watch those recipes, got in trouble for that one time. Mikie said can't do that on here remember? BTW, grill the mango with a hot spice and other veggies. Be sure to brush with oil.
Thanks Emlu for the recipe. I'm learning to use passion fruit, and we eat a lot of pineapple cooked on the grill but I never thought about the mango. IF ONLY I could figure out how to make fish not taste like fish.

The seasons here really don't change that much and the farmers around here do a pretty good job growing cabbage, lettuce and root veggies that do better in a colder climate. As you said about the mango using hot sauce and other spices really make a difference. You'd be surprised how nutmeg which I never used much before can change the flavor and coconut milk.

I've got to get you and Waco down here. I'm learning to fish with a net pretty good too. We'd have a great time kicking back and watching the sunset at the end of the day.
JohnHamhock

Wadesboro, NC

#43511 Oct 20, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

&#8213; Benjamin Franklin

Franklin knew this way back then, dem-0s aint figured it out yet! OR, maybe they have, and WANT people to stay poor and dependent on them?

“Vote”

Houston

#43512 Oct 20, 2013
JohnHamhock wrote:
<quoted text>
“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
Franklin knew this way back then, dem-0s aint figured it out yet! OR, maybe they have, and WANT people to stay poor and dependent on them?
There will be few comments from demokrats on your post, except to find some way to tear Franklin down.The post, the sage comments of FRANKLIN, are inviolate, and pure truth.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#43513 Oct 20, 2013
JohnHamhock wrote:
<quoted text>
You make good points that I can't disagree with. I don't think anyone wants to see any capable adult riding on the back of government when work would be available. Of course, the greatest concern that I (and I am sure you do too), have is with children who are hungry and malnurished. This is not an easy area to figure out. What would you propose as a solution to improve their well being? They are the true victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Avenue Z Graphics (Jul '08) 3 hr ARC 12
Western Carolina University: Notorious Reputati... 11 hr Justin 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 12 hr Remy89 173
family in need of a helping hand Fri true person 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Fri Timmy_ 257
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Fri TimMechEngr 92
New to charlotte, looking for boy what's good? Jun 23 In4oneNight 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages