Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
State of Florida

Statesville, NC

#43143 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Well State, we all have a few liberal bones in us, do we not? Now, tell me, any conservative notions from your side?
Yes, I think college students should be home schooled.
State of Florida

Statesville, NC

#43144 Oct 11, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, better be sure you confirm your numbers TSF. He seems to have the "real" numbers we all should be using. Apparently the ones provided from the government website are not correct.
That is odd. You trust Obama and the government for nothing but numbers? In everything else they are liars. According to your side, Obama does nothing but stack the books, yet here you are believing his numbers. What's up with that?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#43145 Oct 11, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>That is odd. You trust Obama and the government for nothing but numbers? In everything else they are liars. According to your side, Obama does nothing but stack the books, yet here you are believing his numbers. What's up with that?
Never said I trusted the numbers, just stated I used the numbers that were provided by the Obama administration.

I still do think he and his administration are LIARS!

I don't have a "side". I am pretty well rounded. I gather information from both sides of the arguments and come to a rational conclusion. I don't attempt to rewrite facts or twist truths. Bottom line Obama made campaign promises on many things that he either had no intention of doing (that would be lying) or he made campaign promises that he couldn't keep.(Again, a lie). Obama is not the first to do this, all politicians do this. The problem is, Obama is not only the President of the United States but the face for the American people around the world. What an embarrassment he has turned out to be.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43146 Oct 11, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be joking when you know full well that that solid south democrats were disbanded as the segregationists of that era immediately swiched to the Republican party, with Strom Thurmond being the lead horse. That is why at the passage of the bill, Lyndon Johnson said, "Gentlemen, with the passage of the Civil Rights legislation, we have just dissloved the solid Democratic south". Lyndon Johnson traded a vote with Republicans for Civil Rights in exchange for the escalation of the Viet Nam war to please the greedy Republicans to make money on the Military Industrial Complex for more defense spending. Remember, Barry Goldwater ran on the escalation of the war. So, it was a political trade. And, you try to make it sound like the Republicans of that era had a social conscious for racial fairness. BS.
You obviously missed the point! Segregation WAS the law, albeit a bad one, and eventually it was overturned. Obamacare is also a bad law and hopefully it will get overturned someday.....although it's highly unlikely because once you GIVE someone something,(ie welfare), it's almost impossible to take back.
As far as your post, we've already had this discussion several times, you were wrong then and you're still wrong now.
In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes. The Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes. It was Republican President Eisenhower and the Civil Rights Act of 1957 that got the ball rolling. Granted this bill accomplished very little but that's because the Commucrats, and then Senate leader Lyndon B. Johnson, were adamantly opposed to passing the bill at all, so they dismantled the bill and passed a watered down version. The Commucrats fought the Civil Rights movement tooth and nail and it was also the Commucrats that inserted and carried out the Jim Crow laws! It wasn't until after Johnson took office that he changed his tune on the movement and that was for one simple reason.....which was to obtain the black vote for the Commucrat Party! Let's not forget one of his more infamous quotes to which he made to two Gov's while aboard Air Force One,“I’ll have those n's voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” From 1940 to 1960 Johnson voted with the South 78% on civil rights issues. Prior to 1957, Johnson voted with the South 100% on civil rights issues. He also voted against the C.R.A. of 1957 and 1960
Read his biography sometime, you'll actually learn some REAL history, not the liberal propaganda that's taught in our govt schools!

Location hidden

#43147 Oct 11, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
That is odd. You trust Obama and the government for nothing but numbers? In everything else they are liars. According to your side, Obama does nothing but stack the books, yet here you are believing his numbers. What's up with that?
I thought the CBO was non partisan. Of course they should be considered "non-essential" since we haven't had a budget in 5 years!

Location hidden

#43148 Oct 11, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I think college students should be home schooled.
They'd have a lot better chance of being successful and a hellava lot less debt!
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43153 Oct 12, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> SO, now you're saying that because Congress is trying to save money by trying to negotiate some spending concessions, you're mad at them? But you also want to accuse them of spending that six trillion? Came have it both ways.
I believe Mr. Spelling Police you meant "Can't have it both ways." Correct?

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#43154 Oct 12, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Mr. Spelling Police you meant "Can't have it both ways." Correct?
Good one Allen! Should have used my glasses! Curse Swype! Damn, you just made my day!
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43155 Oct 12, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The"Republican" side? I take the"right"side.
You are but one tiny downy feather beneath a "Broken Right Wing".
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43156 Oct 12, 2013
Recall on Ted. Cruz control malfunction.

“Vote”

Houston

#43157 Oct 12, 2013
TAXPAYER, congratulations on exactly three years on this forum, you were the second person who posted on it, your crusade against evil continues unabated! We should both attend the inauguration of President CRUZ!
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#43158 Oct 12, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
TAXPAYER, congratulations on exactly three years on this forum, you were the second person who posted on it, your crusade against evil continues unabated! We should both attend the inauguration of President CRUZ!
In those 3 years you never got on Taxpayer for his incorrect grammar in that post; " I have wrote Burr....." Selective in your grammar and spelling policing to only chastise those who disagree with you. As far as the Cruz inauguation,you will not have to get early tickets and should be able to get VIP seating because you will be the only 2 people there. 1% approval ratings seldom win elections.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43159 Oct 12, 2013
The republikans have scored a humiliating victory over--themselves.

“Vote”

Houston

#43160 Oct 12, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
In those 3 years you never got on Taxpayer for his incorrect grammar in that post; " I have wrote Burr....." Selective in your grammar and spelling policing to only chastise those who disagree with you. As far as the Cruz inauguation,you will not have to get early tickets and should be able to get VIP seating because you will be the only 2 people there. 1% approval ratings seldom win elections.
Getting on Taxpayer because of his spelling or grammar would be like getting on Michelangelo because of which brush he used.I usually only correct spelling,my grammar is average at best. Quit being offended at everything I say, State.WHEN it comes to spelling, I take my own medicine.I take you to be a caring person, who speaks from the heart.Am I correct? Never let the fact that we are in disagreement cause you to think that I can't see you as the person you are. In America today, it is fashionable to despise ones political opposites.I try not to, but I'm no choirboy, and there will be times I fire away with both guns. Just as an aside, let me ask you a direct question.If it turned out that Obamacare was a huge success, how do you think I would feel?

“Vote”

Houston

#43161 Oct 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
The republikans have scored a humiliating victory over--themselves.
TSF, if this means that there won't be a default, I can take a lot of these"humiliating"vi ctories!
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#43162 Oct 12, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Getting on Taxpayer because of his spelling or grammar would be like getting on Michelangelo because of which brush he used.I usually only correct spelling,my grammar is average at best. Quit being offended at everything I say, State.WHEN it comes to spelling, I take my own medicine.I take you to be a caring person, who speaks from the heart.Am I correct? Never let the fact that we are in disagreement cause you to think that I can't see you as the person you are. In America today, it is fashionable to despise ones political opposites.I try not to, but I'm no choirboy, and there will be times I fire away with both guns. Just as an aside, let me ask you a direct question.If it turned out that Obamacare was a huge success, how do you think I would feel?
Then maybe you should wait until it is a huge success and begin to feel good. I am sure that Obamacare already feels good for those who have an opportunity for health care coverage who previously did not have it. I already feel good for them, so in my mind it is already a huge success.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43163 Oct 12, 2013
You have a point. The thing to remember is that this republican humiliating victory over themselves has already cost the US economy over 17 billion dollars. This shut down move should become the poster child for the party of stupid.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> TSF, if this means that there won't be a default, I can take a lot of these"humiliating"vi ctories!
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#43164 Oct 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
You have a point. The thing to remember is that this republican humiliating victory over themselves has already cost the US economy over 17 billion dollars. This shut down move should become the poster child for the party of stupid.
<quoted text>
You know, a good war is what we all need to get our minds off of Obamacare and socialized welfare. Instead of providing health insurance for some of our citizens who haven't any medical services whatsoever, and placing food on the table of our hungry, we can focus our attention on a weak foreign power and send our sons and daughters into harms way for a reason that no one can explain. At least by taking that action we can be assured that our tax money will be spent on another noble purpose and not wasting it for those in real need.

“Vote”

Houston

#43165 Oct 12, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Then maybe you should wait until it is a huge success and begin to feel good. I am sure that Obamacare already feels good for those who have an opportunity for health care coverage who previously did not have it. I already feel good for them, so in my mind it is already a huge success.
Can't skip the sarcasm for a minute, can you? How do you feel about those being wiped out by Obamacare? Good, huh?

“Vote”

Houston

#43166 Oct 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I'll bite.How does 800,000 people NOT GETTING PAID cost us 17 billion dollars? A legitimate question, is it not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Avenue Z Graphics (Jul '08) 1 hr ARC 12
Western Carolina University: Notorious Reputati... 9 hr Justin 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 11 hr Remy89 173
family in need of a helping hand Fri true person 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Fri Timmy_ 257
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Fri TimMechEngr 92
New to charlotte, looking for boy what's good? Jun 23 In4oneNight 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages