Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 2,034)

Showing posts 40,661 - 40,680 of49,323
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Republikans are demonizing themselves by crushing the poor , disabed, sick & unemployed but continuing and even increasing welfare to the rich.
Yes, our nation teeters on the verge of insolvency. Republikans want to borrow more money to start another war when they plan to shut down the government and not even pay the soldiers. Can anyone see a problem there? Republikans are the main cause of our insolvency. Tax breaks for the rich is not an economic plan, its just Christmas for the rich. Naturally, what has already failed on a national basis is being implemented in NC. We are already seeing the results of the republican regressive's work with increasing unemployment..
We are already seeing the republikan results with companies marking NC off the list of consideration for investment. Contrary to repulikan belief , ignorance, squalor, political turmoil , dirty air, polluted water and voter suppression do not attract industry. It creates uncertainty and uncertainty implies risks to investments.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Republikans have allowed right wing nut extremist to take over their party and create a brand of stupidity , expressed and lamented by national republican leaders like Bobby Jindal.
In NC, the stupidity effect is on steroids. consider:
1. NC legislators attempted to pass a law eliminating religious freedom in NC by the establishment of a government religion. Apparently they were unaware that is against the US constitution and religious freedom was the primary reason this country was established.
2. NC legislators pass a law against rising sea levels. There , we fixed it.
3. NC legislators try to pass a law against tits.
and imprison women who allowed them to show.
4. NC legislators pass a law against democracy which attempts to keep young people and college students in particular from voting.
5. NC legislators pass laws allowing them to steal local government assets.
6. NC legislators waste time passing laws allowing possum dropping which has already cost NC $73,000 in legal fees defending that state action.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

TSF wrote:
Republikans have allowed right wing nut extremist to take over their party and create a brand of stupidity , expressed and lamented by national republican leaders like Bobby Jindal.
1. NC legislators attempted to pass a law eliminating religious freedom in NC by the establishment of a government religion. Apparently they were unaware that is against the US constitution and religious freedom was the primary reason this country was established.
4. NC legislators pass a law against democracy which attempts to keep young people and college students in particular from voting.
6. NC legislators waste time passing laws allowing possum dropping which has already cost NC $73,000 in legal fees defending that state action.
WOW, all I needed to read was "right wing" and "eliminating religious". Sounds like a contradiction to me.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

TSF wrote:
I'm sorry, but this entire post is just hilarious. "tits", I've heard about thousands of NC mother's going to jail, thousands of students can't vote, OMG what will they do? MAYBE, but doubtful, follow the voting laws ALREADY on the books for students. I see government assets disappearing by the second into that "dark hole" everyone's talking about. I thought "possum dropping" was something you had to wipe your rearend after???

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>What is your suggestion to change the Medicaid/Medicare system? Should funding be significantly reduced, or maybe be cut out altogether and if so, what happens to those who currently depend on it, primarily the elderly and young children? Are there other areas in our nation of greater concern than funding for the well being of our citizens?
First and foremost lets begin by reeling in the Medicaid fraud, waste and abuse problems. The Government Accountability Office estimates the national cost in waste and abuse is $34 billion annually.

Second give the individual States more control. States have limited control over program design, eligibility, benefit levels, copayments or percentage of income payments. States have been restricted from making Medicaid changes under what is known as “maintenance of effort rules".

Privatize the funding. The private sector does everything better than the public sector.

Thomas Sowell said it best when he said "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."

Since those that legislate aren't affected by the plans and programs they implement, what do they have to loose?
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/11/28... Interesting, what county do you live in??????
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

The NC republican Soviet style attack on the voting rights of young people and students will hopefully not actually stop them from voting as the republican fascist planned.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but this entire post is just hilarious. "tits", I've heard about thousands of NC mother's going to jail, thousands of students can't vote, OMG what will they do? MAYBE, but doubtful, follow the voting laws ALREADY on the books for students. I see government assets disappearing by the second into that "dark hole" everyone's talking about. I thought "possum dropping" was something you had to wipe your rearend after???
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

For once we agree. It is a contradiction but the republikans are too stupid to realize it. In their religious zealotry, they try to pass a law making an official state religion without even considering that it threatens the freedom to practice the very religion that they want to protect. In the misguided republikan effort to "protect marriage" they codify religion into civil law without even considering that this also threatens freedom of religion and separation of church and state. I too oppose gay marriage, but my opposition isn't so emotionally overpowering that it makes abandon commons sense and threaten religious freedom.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>WOW, all I needed to read was "right wing" and "eliminating religious". Sounds like a contradiction to me.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

I live in Caldwell , which has been run by republikans for the last 50+ years.

Caldwell unemployment is 10.3% National average unemployment 7.4%
Caldwell has 39% more average rate of unemployment than the national average

Caldwell has an average household income of $37,000 per year
The national average household income is $50, 502
Caldwell has an average household income 36% LOWER than the national average.

With Caldwell having 39% more average rate of unemployment and those who ARE working making on an average of 36% less money, and republikans running the county, what does that say about the wisdom of electing republikans?
Dang wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/interac tive/2009/11/28/us/20091128-fo odstamps.html?_r=0 Interesting, what county do you live in??????
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

So why would anyone need food stamps in such a prosperous county which has one the state's highest unemployment in a state which has the 3 rd highest unemployment rate in the USA?
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Republikans are demonizing themselves by crushing the poor , disabed, sick & unemployed but continuing and even increasing welfare to the rich.
Yes, our nation teeters on the verge of insolvency. Republikans want to borrow more money to start another war when they plan to shut down the government and not even pay the soldiers. Can anyone see a problem there? Republikans are the main cause of our insolvency. Tax breaks for the rich is not an economic plan, its just Christmas for the rich. Naturally, what has already failed on a national basis is being implemented in NC. We are already seeing the results of the republican regressive's work with increasing unemployment..
We are already seeing the republikan results with companies marking NC off the list of consideration for investment. Contrary to repulikan belief , ignorance, squalor, political turmoil , dirty air, polluted water and voter suppression do not attract industry. It creates uncertainty and uncertainty implies risks to investments.
According to you N.C. republicans might be shooting themselves in the foot as far as industry is concerned. Not anything impacting my life; however, what has unions and the democrats done for Detroit and the state of Michigan? You know a city and state is bad when junkies are leaving. Yes, junkies cannot even find people with enough to steal from to buy their dope and the dealers aren't making enough money to stay in business. One could say that's one way to win the war on drugs.

I also saw a disturbing piece the other day on literally the thousands of dogs left behind or their owners are too poor to feed.

Michigan's present governor, Jennifer Granholm, has been as ineffective as Bev Perdue was and the voters still voted her in for a second term. Perdue knew she was the captain of the Titanic and someone needs to send Ms. Granholm an SOS telling her to find a lifeboat.

Every time you find something negative about N.C., just look around because some other state sucks worse than we do.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Michigan isn't exactly utopia. The annual median household income in Michigan is #34 in the USA at $45,981 . North Carolina is #39 at $43,916. Mississippi is #50 at $36,919, right in there with republican run Caldwell county NC
State of Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you N.C. republicans might be shooting themselves in the foot as far as industry is concerned. Not anything impacting my life; however, what has unions and the democrats done for Detroit and the state of Michigan? You know a city and state is bad when junkies are leaving. Yes, junkies cannot even find people with enough to steal from to buy their dope and the dealers aren't making enough money to stay in business. One could say that's one way to win the war on drugs.
I also saw a disturbing piece the other day on literally the thousands of dogs left behind or their owners are too poor to feed.
Michigan's present governor, Jennifer Granholm, has been as ineffective as Bev Perdue was and the voters still voted her in for a second term. Perdue knew she was the captain of the Titanic and someone needs to send Ms. Granholm an SOS telling her to find a lifeboat.
Every time you find something negative about N.C., just look around because some other state sucks worse than we do.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I live in Caldwell , which has been run by republikans for the last 50+ years.
Caldwell unemployment is 10.3% National average unemployment 7.4%
Caldwell has 39% more average rate of unemployment than the national average
Caldwell has an average household income of $37,000 per year
The national average household income is $50, 502
Caldwell has an average household income 36% LOWER than the national average.
With Caldwell having 39% more average rate of unemployment and those who ARE working making on an average of 36% less money, and republikans running the county, what does that say about the wisdom of electing republikans?
<quoted text>
You failed to include other demographics such as educatoin and health. Before I offer a responce, I would like to know what you know about your town.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Caldwell county NC population 81,930. receiving food stamps 16% or 13,108 unemployment 10.3% admitted , education : numbers vary according to source- 9.2 % BS or better 73.9% HS or better
health: opinions vary but according to one CDC Atlanta epidemiologist--"the peoples health is like that of a third world country"
Politics: mostly rabid republican and conservative democrats.
The republican history of failure: Previously furniture was booming with labor intensive technology requiring low paid low skill hard working "hands" as they were derisively called. To protect this labor pool of low paid workers, republikan commissioners actually actively opposed diversification or any industry paying higher wages. Some, like Eaton, came anyway, but when they offered higher wages, commissioners slowed their start up operations with building permit delays, having their personnel frequently ticket with traffic violations, etc. High school students were encouraged to quit school and go to work in the sweat shops , the library was closed early to minimize the number of individuals learning enough to graduate from the system. Then commissioners actually began giving "incentives" for furniture to move their operations to China and set up assembly only operations in Caldwell.
Now we have the results of all this "sucking up " to furniture barons

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Caldwell county NC population 81,930. receiving food stamps 16% or 13,108 unemployment 10.3% admitted , education : numbers vary according to source- 9.2 % BS or better 73.9% HS or better
health: opinions vary but according to one CDC Atlanta epidemiologist--"the peoples health is like that of a third world country"
Politics: mostly rabid republican and conservative democrats.
The republican history of failure: Previously furniture was booming with labor intensive technology requiring low paid low skill hard working "hands" as they were derisively called. To protect this labor pool of low paid workers, republikan commissioners actually actively opposed diversification or any industry paying higher wages. Some, like Eaton, came anyway, but when they offered higher wages, commissioners slowed their start up operations with building permit delays, having their personnel frequently ticket with traffic violations, etc. High school students were encouraged to quit school and go to work in the sweat shops , the library was closed early to minimize the number of individuals learning enough to graduate from the system. Then commissioners actually began giving "incentives" for furniture to move their operations to China and set up assembly only operations in Caldwell.
Now we have the results of all this "sucking up " to furniture barons
The library here is magnificent, and open quite a bit more than the one in Trinity Texas, and ten times bigger.i double dog dare you to compare Trinity County Texas to Caldwell County.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF.go to census bureau for up-to-date facts.Trinity County is larger than Caldwell County, but looks like Caldwell County is a lot more prosperous, in every category.79.5 percent is the HS graduation stat.Y'all don't know how good you have it here.And that's too bad.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF the census bureau says that the correct hs grad figure for Caldwell County is 75.4 %. That is one of the few areas in which Trinity County exceeded Caldwell County.Median household income was roughly ten thousand dollars more per year than in Trinity County., Texas.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

TSF wrote:
The NC republican Soviet style attack on the voting rights of young people and students will hopefully not actually stop them from voting as the republican fascist planned.
<quoted text>
Exactly what is the "attack"? I really haven't read about an "attack".
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

TSF wrote:
OK, what companies are "marking off" NC? Name 'em.
Hilda E Davis Babs

Morehead City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Elaine F. Marshall is the most incompetent individual in state government. Her malfeasance of duty has cost our state millions of dollars in lost revenue since she took office as SOS. We definitely can't afford to have her as a Senator. Believe me, I've researched her records for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,661 - 40,680 of49,323
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) 4 hr Buff Aloe 27
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 6 hr southener 4,785
any h or bth around part 2 13 hr cantgetright1 1
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 14 hr nyc2nc 10
Saints are those who are set apart (Mar '08) 23 hr Past present future 5
Visiting Charlotte... recommendations? Tue nyc2nc 17
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... Tue luvnut 38
•••

Freeze Warning for Mecklenburg County was issued at April 16 at 10:26PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs