Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41321 Jul 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
Private schools aren't necessarily bad, just MANY of them in this state are BECAUSE OF UN QUALIFIED TEACHERS FOR ONE THING.. Now give them uneducated criminals FOR TEACHERS and watch what happens. If you want to send your kids to private schools, fine.
Problem children often do better in private schools because of smaller class size, separation from their problem parents and the availability of individualized instruction. Any child would benefit from that situation GIVEN QUALIFIED teachers. Private schools do not have to take the idiot offspring of poor ignorant republican beckerheads. That helps their average. Public schools are forced to take the little underfunded reprobates as well as the juvenile delinquent criminals that the courts have sentenced back into public schools. Since the private schools will now be receiving public funding, it is only fair that the courts force them to accept a proportionate number of violent teenage criminals who are on probation for such penny ante crimes as armed robbery, rape, assault, B&E, selling drugs etc. That should serve somewhat to level the playing field.
I will chose the public schools, even with the underfunding and republican attacks.
Unqualified? By who's standards? Surely you're not comparing a govt teacher to a private teacher? Bahahahaha!
What evidence do you have to support you're claim that private school teachers are "unqualified"?
I think RS is right, you just keep regurgitating the talking points of the Commucrat party and what you see and hear on MSNBC.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41322 Aug 1, 2013
So a private school teacher who didn't even finish high school herself is qualified to teach geometry? Trigonometry? Physics? Chemistry? Biology? Advanced algebra? Calculus? Possible but also highly unlikely. Without required credentials, who knows who is qualified? That's the point.
You must have had a really terrible experience in the public schools. Would you tell us about that?
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Unqualified? By who's standards? Surely you're not comparing a govt teacher to a private teacher? Bahahahaha!
What evidence do you have to support you're claim that private school teachers are "unqualified"?
I think RS is right, you just keep regurgitating the talking points of the Commucrat party and what you see and hear on MSNBC.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41323 Aug 1, 2013
Could you name a few of the local private schools which are producing such wonderful and transformative results? Where are they located? How much is the tuition? What courses do they offer? What are the qualifications of their teachers? Who evaluates their performance which is so outstanding? Have criminal background checks been made on all of them including the owners and administrators? Its just possible that you are telling the truth about the pervasive advantages of private schools and their affordability to everyone. Give me some information. I may want to change my mind. I need numbers and facts . No BS please.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>But that's exactly what govt teachers do, they stand there lecturing hoping that every student absorbs the information so their performance grade looks good come appraisal time. Hell, govt schools even allow the teachers to grade on a curve and they STILL can't keep up with the private schools!
That's a great idea for govt schools, fire every govt teacher and just have one administrator teach through a TV! I love it! But you're right, it wouldn't work because govt students are more worried about the latest fashion trends, who's bonking who, where's the next party, and who's supplying the alcohol and drugs, than they are about education!! Private school students wear uniforms or have a dress code so fashion is a non-issue and they are more worried about education and making the grade because if they don't, regardless of how rich daddy is, their ass gets booted out......and sent to the stupid factories known as govt schools!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41324 Aug 1, 2013
What local paper? Which date?
Pro-American wrote:
The local paper conducted a poll where they asked the question, "Which of the education related items in the budget upset you the most?" The #1 answer wasn't "no more tenure", hell that came in dead last! It wasn't "no teacher pay raise" or even "cutting the number of teacher assistants", those came in 2nd & 3rd from last respectively! The number one answer was "using taxpayer money for tuition at private schools" at 42%. Why is that? Are the govt school teachers that scared? As a taxpayer, I'd rather my tax dollars go toward a private education for students instead of govt indoctrination!
A rally was recently held in Gastonia by the govt school teachers protesting the budget cuts to education, only 15-20 teachers actually showed up! Pathetic!
waco1909

Park Ridge, IL

#41325 Aug 1, 2013
LIFE IS GREAT! I'M GAY, BIPOLAR AND PROUD OF IT!!!
waco 1909

Athens, AL

#41326 Aug 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
LIFE IS GREAT! I'M GAY, BIPOLAR AND PROUD OF IT!!!
and I love the Pope.

Location hidden

#41327 Aug 1, 2013
TSF wrote:
So a private school teacher who didn't even finish high school herself is qualified to teach geometry? Trigonometry? Physics? Chemistry? Biology? Advanced algebra? Calculus? Possible but also highly unlikely. Without required credentials, who knows who is qualified? That's the point.
You must have had a really terrible experience in the public schools. Would you tell us about that?
<quoted text>
Again, where is your evidence that shows private school teachers aren't qualified?

Location hidden

#41328 Aug 1, 2013
TSF wrote:
What local paper? Which date?
<quoted text>
The Gaston Gazette, Wed's edition. I'm sure you can read for yourself online.

Location hidden

#41329 Aug 1, 2013
TSF wrote:
Could you name a few of the local private schools which are producing such wonderful and transformative results? Where are they located? How much is the tuition? What courses do they offer? What are the qualifications of their teachers? Who evaluates their performance which is so outstanding? Have criminal background checks been made on all of them including the owners and administrators? Its just possible that you are telling the truth about the pervasive advantages of private schools and their affordability to everyone. Give me some information. I may want to change my mind. I need numbers and facts . No BS please.
<quoted text>
Of course there are to many to list but to just give a few, Iredell Co. has Davidson Day, McKinney Academy (K-5), Mecklenburg Co. has Charlotte Catholic, Providence Day, Charlotte Country Day, Charlotte Latin, and Gaston Co. has Gaston Day, Gaston Christian, Cramerton Christian, etc.... and the list goes on and on.
Gaston Day, for example, where my children attend/attended has a 100% graduation rate with nearly 100% of those graduates attending a four year college/university. Most of the teachers hold advanced degrees and their last year's average SAT scores were, Critical Reading - 603, Mathmatics - 606, & Writing - 613. Show me a govt school, not a magnet school, that can boast those numbers? Their students are evaluated by the Educational Records Bureau (ERB) through a standardized national test that measures quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, math achievement and application skills. Score results compare students with three different categories of test-takers,(1) all students nationally,(2) suburban public school students, and (3) students in independent schools, to which they continuously rank near or at the top in all categories.
The "average" tuition for these private schools is about $7,300 while public schools waste the taxpayers money to the tune of around $12,700 per student. As far as courses, the sky is the limit. Most private middle school students are already learning what the govt high school kids are learning including foreign languages, international studies, fine arts, technology, etc....
As far as affordability, that depends on what one thinks is important. Most parents would rather have a fancy house and a fancy car to impress people they don't know and rely on the govt to educate their children. Those who truly care about their children's future forgo the ritzy lifestyle and choose private education. In the long run, it'll be those parents who get the greatest return on their investment!
gyttleman

Pittsburgh, PA

#41330 Aug 2, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
G Bush is back bigger than ever
john hamhock

Matthews, NC

#41331 Aug 2, 2013
gyttleman wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=MgLRSi_MQe 4
G Bush is back bigger than ever
If ONLY that were true! And obama was GONE!!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41332 Aug 2, 2013
Well duh! If the private school teachers aren't even required to finish high school themselves? You have to be kidding.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Again, where is your evidence that shows private school teachers aren't qualified?
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41333 Aug 2, 2013
Gas stone ya ? I might have known it would be the Mecca of NC.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The Gaston Gazette, Wed's edition. I'm sure you can read for yourself online.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41334 Aug 2, 2013
Wow. What you are saying about your kids school is fantastic. So I checked. Here is what I know so far: 1. The tuition for my two high school students would be $13,640 EACH or a total of $27,280 per year. 2. Obviously, I will have to buy their books, supplies and lunch. 3. They have listed 18 administrators and 22 teachers so they are just barley under public schools in their top heavy administration percentage 4. They do not list courses available other than music, art, theater, French and Spanish. apparently, advanced classes are only offered "online"which can be done at home 5. The evaluating organization ERB that you mentioned is a paid membership organization.( You pay them to give you an evaluation. I guess the more Gaston Days them, the better your evaluation) 6. Gaston Day is 68 miles from my home , so I would be driving 136 miles per day for say 180 days or 24480 miles per year or at .$50 per mile would be $12,240 per year).(about 2 1/2 hours driving per day. 7 The faculty is listed, but their academic credentials are not listed. If I were running such a fantastic school with such qualified teachers, I would proudly list their academic qualifications. If I were running such a fantastic school, I would also list the course selection available.
8 . I notice that a requirement for students is that they must display exemplary conduct . That tells me that there are no rapist, armed robbers, or even murderers sent there by the courts and that the disruptive students who would bring down learning and test score averages are not even there to be figured into the "average"

So lets see here:$27280 tuition +$12240 transportation + books + supplies + miscellaneous= more than $40,000 per year. So the state will give Gaston Day $4500 per student,(If my kids qualify) so I still end up paying over $30,000 per year for my kids to attend Gaston Day and they will be taking "online courses" for advanced subjects?.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Of course there are to many to list but to just give a few, Iredell Co. has Davidson Day, McKinney Academy (K-5), Mecklenburg Co. has Charlotte Catholic, Providence Day, Charlotte Country Day, Charlotte Latin, and Gaston Co. has Gaston Day, Gaston Christian, Cramerton Christian, etc.... and the list goes on and on.
Gaston Day, for example, where my children attend/attended has a 100% graduation rate with nearly 100% of those graduates attending a four year college/university. Most of the teachers hold advanced degrees and their last year's average SAT scores were, Critical Reading - 603, Mathmatics - 606, & Writing - 613. Show me a govt school, not a magnet school, that can boast those numbers? Their students are evaluated by the Educational Records Bureau (ERB) through a standardized national test that measures quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, math achievement and application skills. Score results compare students with three different categories of test-takers,(1) all students nationally,(2) suburban public school students, and (3) students in independent schools, to which they continuously rank near or at the top in all categories.
The "average" tuition for these private schools is about $7,300 while public schools waste the taxpayers money to the tune of around $12,700 per student. As far as courses, the sky is the limit. Most private middle school students are already learning what the govt high school kids are learning including foreign languages, international studies, fine arts, technology, etc....
As far as affordability, that depends on what one thinks is important. Most parents would rather have a fancy house and a fancy car to impress people they don't know and rely on the govt to educate their children. Those who truly care about their children's future forgo the ritzy lifestyle and choose private education. In the long run, it'll be those parents who get the greatest return on their investment!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41335 Aug 2, 2013
Wow. What you are saying about your kids school is fantastic. So I checked. Here is what I know so far: 1. The tuition for my two high school students would be $13,640 EACH or a total of $27,280 per year. 2. Obviously, I will have to buy their books, supplies and lunch. 3. They have listed 18 administrators and 22 teachers so they are just barley under public schools in their top heavy administration percentage 4. They do not list courses available other than music, art, theater, French and Spanish. apparently, advanced classes are only offered "online"which can be done at home 5. The evaluating organization ERB that you mentioned is a paid membership organization.( You pay them to give you an evaluation. I guess the more Gaston Days them, the better your evaluation) 6. Gaston Day is 68 miles from my home , so I would be driving 136 miles per day for say 180 days or 24480 miles per year or at .$50 per mile would be $12,240 per year).(about 2 1/2 hours driving per day. 7 The faculty is listed, but their academic credentials are not listed. If I were running such a fantastic school with such qualified teachers, I would proudly list their academic qualifications. If I were running such a fantastic school, I would also list the course selection available.
8 . I notice that a requirement for students is that they must display exemplary conduct . That tells me that there are no rapist, armed robbers, or even murderers sent there by the courts and that the disruptive students who would bring down learning and test score averages are not even there to be figured into the "average".

So lets see here:$27280 tuition +$12240 transportation + books + supplies + miscellaneous= more than $40,000 per year. So the state will give Gaston Day $4500 per student,(If my kids qualify) so I still end up paying over $30,000 per year for my kids to attend Gaston Day and they will be taking "online courses" for advanced subjects?.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Of course there are to many to list but to just give a few, Iredell Co. has Davidson Day, McKinney Academy (K-5), Mecklenburg Co. has Charlotte Catholic, Providence Day, Charlotte Country Day, Charlotte Latin, and Gaston Co. has Gaston Day, Gaston Christian, Cramerton Christian, etc.... and the list goes on and on.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41336 Aug 2, 2013
I can afford to send my kids to Gaston (but I am not going to because I can administer "online " courses from home). Now there is a single mom out the street who has a kid who could possibly benefit from a program of music, art, theater French and Spanish . She works at Hardees and makes $10 per hour for 40 hours per week for 50 weeks per year. That's $20,000 BEFORE TAXES and earned income credit has been eliminated in NC. The state will give her kid $4500 to attend Gaston so including transportation, she will only have to pay $11,380 for her kid to attend if the kid skips lunch each day. She is paying $500. per month on rent which is $6000 per year. That will leave her $50 per week for food . Well som would say impossible, but there are lots of possums run over in the road, and she could pick them up and eat those., I am glad the state wants to help her out.
waco1909

Park Ridge, IL

#41337 Aug 2, 2013
I feel gay teachers have the most to loose in these changes because of discrimination.

Location hidden

#41338 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
8 . I notice that a requirement for students is that they must display exemplary conduct . That tells me that there are no rapist, armed robbers, or even murderers sent there by the courts and that the disruptive students who would bring down learning and test score averages are not even there to be figured into the "average"
<quoted text>
Nice over exaggeration! The SAT test scores, the graduation rates, university admissions, etc... don't lie! Surely you've heard the phrase "you get what you pay for?" Again, you, in general, can choose to live the ritzy lifestyle while being asshole deep in debt to impress people you don't know and send your children to govt schools to mingle with the rapist, drug pushing, gangster thugs only to be indoctrinated, and maybe, if you're lucky, your child can be one too OR you can forgo all of the material things that arent important and invest in your child's future. I'll stick with the private schools!

Location hidden

#41339 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
I can afford to send my kids to Gaston (but I am not going to because I can administer "online " courses from home). Now there is a single mom out the street who has a kid who could possibly benefit from a program of music, art, theater French and Spanish . She works at Hardees and makes $10 per hour for 40 hours per week for 50 weeks per year. That's $20,000 BEFORE TAXES and earned income credit has been eliminated in NC. The state will give her kid $4500 to attend Gaston so including transportation, she will only have to pay $11,380 for her kid to attend if the kid skips lunch each day. She is paying $500. per month on rent which is $6000 per year. That will leave her $50 per week for food . Well som would say impossible, but there are lots of possums run over in the road, and she could pick them up and eat those., I am glad the state wants to help her out.
Had your govt school taught that single mother to keep her legs closed, focus on her education, to choose a career path to where she possesses the skill set to excel,(and no, prostitution is not an acceptable career path), and to not even think about starting a family until she was mature enough to handle the responsibilities that come along with children, she wouldn't be in that predicament!
But then again, that's part of the liberal agenda being taught by govt schools! Live liberal and free and rely on others, mainly the govt/taxpayers, for your every need!

Location hidden

#41340 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Gas stone ya ? I might have known it would be the Mecca of NC.
<quoted text>
That's the pot calling the kettle black!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rusty Wallace 18 hr tent250 1
Charlotte, N.C., mayor Patrick Cannon arrested ... (Mar '14) 19 hr mooksmom 14
hCG Weight Loss Doctors in Charlotte, NC Thu cheryl 3
Senator Kay Hagan Wed Abe Lincoln 2
bggb Wed gest 24
Review: Furniture Medic by D & D Restoration Wed jordennancy23 1
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Tue Francis L 68
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte People Search