“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41175 Jul 21, 2013
Good Advise wrote:
<quoted text>You're better off debating with a brick wall than with bipolar waco the whacko. He's the flip flop village idiot of topix. He'll steal and conjure up multiple moniker names, including yours. The fool is a mentally disturbed troubled troll. The best advise anyone can give you is to just ignore the internet imp.
I believe this post speaks for itself.Who signs in? Me.The other person"good advise", gosh I wonder who that is.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#41176 Jul 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
You kept insisting that the Dept. of Justice had to do it. That is not true. Now we are clear on this. The Martin family will not have to worry about paying for a legal defense. They will be well funded, just as both parties were in the original trial. Zimmerman will be well funded as well if a Civil suit is filed.
Yes, they will be well funded by the royalties from trade marking their son's name. Of course, it will all be in the name of justice.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#41177 Jul 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Why would the Martins have to pay for a legal defense?
To pay the lawyers working on their civil case. They don't do it for free, at least none that I know. The state does not handle civil cases.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#41178 Jul 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
To pay the lawyers working on their civil case. They don't do it for free, at least none that I know. The state does not handle civil cases.
From what I have been told by some attorneys a civil case against Zimmerman proving that he violated Martins rights would be almost impossible to succeed.I didn't ask if the losing team has to pay the legal fees of the winners.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#41179 Jul 21, 2013
Litigation is the lifeblood of America.I don't say this with pride, and I'm not referencing the Zimmerman/Martin debacle.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41180 Jul 21, 2013
Usually, when someone files a lawsuit, the complaint contains a request for legal fees. Then the defendant files a counter suit asking for damages caused by the suit and asking for legal fees. In this particular case, neither the complainant nor the defendant have that kind of money. Unless others are willing to give money to attorneys, it will go nowhere.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> From what I have been told by some attorneys a civil case against Zimmerman proving that he violated Martins rights would be almost impossible to succeed.I didn't ask if the losing team has to pay the legal fees of the winners.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41181 Jul 21, 2013
Because of the certain to come counterclaims from the defendant. If they do not defend them, they are defaulted, which means they lose and have to pay if they lose. Its a neat trick attorneys use to lock everyone into the case. The complainant almost always also becomes a defendant in reverse.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Why would the Martins have to pay for a legal defense?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41182 Jul 21, 2013
I saw Trayvon's dad on TV asking for everyone to stop the protesting and the violence so they could bury their son in peace and move on with their lives. It didn't sound as if they were even pushing for a civil trial! Sounds to me it's the media and the ambulance chasing attorneys that are pushing the issue. 1) the media, especially MSNBC & CNN, needs the ratings and 2) the attorneys are looking for a paycheck! George was found innocent due to FL's stand your ground law, he admitted to killing him, but out of self defense. Proving a civil case based on racism will be nearly impossible due to the lack of evidence. OJ wasn't acquitted due to CA's stand your ground law and their was no self defense argument. The comparison of the cases is apples and oranges.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41183 Jul 22, 2013
NC teachers will get their arrow up the patootie this week compliments of the republikan state legislature ,when it votes to end teacher tenure. It really is just symbolic of republican contempt for teachers because there are already 25 reasons NC teachers can be fired, including incompetence, immorality , etc.. The only thing tenure requires is that individuals be given a reason for their dismissal. Now they can just say "your are fired" and give no reason. Hopefully all teachers will be able to remember this at the next election.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#41184 Jul 22, 2013
TSF wrote:
NC teachers will get their arrow up the patootie this week compliments of the republikan state legislature ,when it votes to end teacher tenure. It really is just symbolic of republican contempt for teachers because there are already 25 reasons NC teachers can be fired, including incompetence, immorality , etc.. The only thing tenure requires is that individuals be given a reason for their dismissal. Now they can just say "your are fired" and give no reason. Hopefully all teachers will be able to remember this at the next election.
The general public does not support teacher tenure because it's been used to allow incompetent teachers to continue to teach. Please explain why you think it's necessary.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

#41185 Jul 22, 2013
Tenure promotes mediocrity.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41186 Jul 22, 2013
If cases of incompetent teachers exist, it isn't because of tenure protections. If you will check with present NC DOE written policy, you will see incompetence as one of the long list of reasons a teacher can be fired. So if an incompetent teacher is allowed to continue employment, it would be because of an incompetent or negligent administrator. On the other hand, firing teachers for arbitrary and capricious reasons has been a serious past problem. As with most regulations , a serious problem is the reason tenure was established in the first place. The only basic policy difference between tenured teachers and non tenured teachers is that you have to state the reason for the dismissal if the tenured teacher is fired. In the non tenured case, the individual doesn't even have the right to ask why they were dismissed. Usually, its just "Your contract has not been renewed. Goodbye ." Not liking their shoes, failing to inflate the grades for a school board member's child or failing to drop their drawers on request , any reason, doesn't matter, they cannot even ask.
If you cannot understand the reasons for establishment of tenure in the first place, further explanations to you would be futile.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>The general public does not support teacher tenure because it's been used to allow incompetent teachers to continue to teach. Please explain why you think it's necessary.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41187 Jul 22, 2013
So firing experienced, competent teachers so you can hire your niece or cousin doesn't promote incompetence? Firing the principal because your campaign manager's wife needs a job promotes excellence? Nepotism ( one of the main reasons tenure was established in the first place) has been a serious past problem and still exists but much more subtly since tenure was established. So when the republikans are voted out in the next election, the newly elected democrats fire all the republican teachers, principals and superintendents. I CAN SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT. Why do you think tenure was invented in the first place?
waco1909 wrote:
Tenure promotes mediocrity.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41188 Jul 22, 2013
Section 1900 Dismissal Related to Job Performance Concerns
The first category includes five grounds for dismissal that relate directly to
the manner in which a teacher performs his or her duties. Those five grounds
are
• inadequate performance,3
• neglect of duty,4
• failure to fulfill the statutory duties of a teacher,5
• insubordination,6 and
• failure to comply with the reasonable requirements of the board.7
Inadequate Performance
The Teacher Tenure Act provides that a tenured teacher may be dismissed or
demoted for “inadequate performance.”8
Only three cases involving “inadequate
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41189 Jul 22, 2013
Failure to Fulfill the Statutory Duties of a Teacher
The Teacher Tenure Act provides that a tenured teacher may be dismissed or
demoted for “failure to fulfill the duties and responsibilities imposed upon
teachers by the General Statutes of this State.”31 G.S. 115C-307 sets out the following
duties of teachers:
• to maintain order and discipline,
• to provide for the general well-being of students,
• to provide some medical care to students,
• to teach the students,
• to enter into the superintendent’s plans for professional growth,
• to discourage nonattendance,
• to make required reports, and
• to take care of school buildings.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41190 Jul 22, 2013
416 School Employment Law
Section 1901 Dismissal Related to Conduct or
Character Concerns
The second of the categories of grounds for dismissal includes four grounds
for dismissal that relate to something questionable about the conduct or character
of the employee. Those four grounds are
• immorality,51
• habitual or excessive use of alcohol or nonmedical use of drugs,52
• conviction of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude,53 and
• false application information.54
With respect to all of these grounds, it should be kept clearly in mind
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41191 Jul 22, 2013
So the point is that the public perception of teacher tenure is totally inaccurate and that misconception is being dishonestly used by republican state legislators to further damage public education. The anti education idiots gleefully cheer this move and unwittingly sentence their own children to a lifetime of ignorance and low paid unskilled labor in servitude of what else but REPUBIKANS.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41192 Jul 22, 2013
Damage to public education is a subtle attempt to eliminate competition, for the offspring of the wealthy. EX: A former friend was the son of a nationally known furniture manufacturer. He was a good person but was slow, very slow. As a result of the protection of his wealthy family and elimination of competition for the position , he became the CEO of the company which as a result is now out of business.
He has enough money to take care of himself for life, but what about subsequent generations? What about all the folks who lost their jobs? What about the tax base of the county in which this former business existed? There was also a reason public education was established in the first place. It benefits the individual, his community, his state, county and nation.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

#41193 Jul 22, 2013
Masturbation promotes ejaculation.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

#41194 Jul 22, 2013
TSF wrote:
So the point is that the public perception of teacher tenure is totally inaccurate and that misconception is being dishonestly used by republican state legislators to further damage public education. The anti education idiots gleefully cheer this move and unwittingly sentence their own children to a lifetime of ignorance and low paid unskilled labor in servitude of what else but REPUBIKANS.
My blow up doll promotes masturbation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) 6 hr remember 254
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 21 hr dollarsbill 419
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... 22 hr Belmont Resident 3
can someone explain this to me? Sat ntheknow 4
Peter Demas-no worries (Jul '10) Sat KoK-LoL 124
Charlotte's uptown New Year's Eve party is moving Sat Anthony Holloway 1
Legit massage for wife? Sat PropertyGuyCLT 5
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web