Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,865)

Showing posts 37,281 - 37,300 of54,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Explain that one will ya? Is it not a "theory" that some people choose to believe? Is Mike "weak minded" for not being a believer? He said he "believes" that some of the men in the Bible existed, to an extent, does that not make him a believer? Is he "weak minded" for that, to gather information and make a connection between a live person and a religion? I think not.
Theory? Wtf? It is a fact not a theory, that some people choose to believe in a religion or one god or the other. Mike may believe that Noah existed but that does not mean that he believes in God like Noah did. As a matter of fact IMO, no Mike is not weak minded, he supports his reasoning for none belief better that most who are life long believers in what ever god they worship. The bible was written using many parables. Do I take it literally? No. For instance, I do not believe the tree of life and the tree of knowledge to be actual trees. I believe, but from a scientific point of view not a literal one.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory? Wtf? It is a fact not a theory, that some people choose to believe in a religion or one god or the other. Mike may believe that Noah existed but that does not mean that he believes in God like Noah did. As a matter of fact IMO, no Mike is not weak minded, he supports his reasoning for none belief better that most who are life long believers in what ever god they worship. The bible was written using many parables. Do I take it literally? No. For instance, I do not believe the tree of life and the tree of knowledge to be actual trees. I believe, but from a scientific point of view not a literal one.
How is religion a "problem for the weak minded"? Do you think it is a "weak mind" that tries to understand religion? Do you think people who self-immolate in the name of religion are "weak minded"? Do you think monks are "weak minded"? Do you think a country that wages war in the name of religion are "weak minded", or have a mind that is strong in faith?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you blaming the Wiccan faith for the choices that she made? How about the sexual abuse of young children amoung the Catholic faith? Can we blame that on religion? Or would it be fair to say that it is due to character flaws of individuals who are incapable of making rational decisions?
It is tragic that she chose to kill her children and label herself a monster, when she could've taken you out instead and been a hero.
Nope.I don't like Wiccans.Period.Don't have to justify it to a pathological liar like you.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Trenches? So that's why you're steppn' as high as a blind dog in a $hit house.
You're dumb as a box of rocks.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

itzwitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
All due respect, Waco? Andrea Yates drowned 5 of her babies about 10 years ago in Texas. She was not only a fundie Christian? She was uber-fundie; I think that nutty 'Quiverfull' cult, the same one the Duggars belong to. Andrea Yates said God told her to drown her children. That's a pretty outrageous religious excuse for why you murdered five of your own kids.
Susan Smith drowned two of her babies for no other reason other than they were in the way of the mkan she wanted who wasn't interested in anyone with kids. It takes a real psychopath for a mother to murder her own children for a man. Nothing religious there...
I don't think religion has anything to do with these women more than abnormal psychology does.
When she killed her kids, she was a Catholic.I guess that kills your line of reasoning.She killed them, she didn't murder them.She was a drug addict, and on TWO different occasions, she passed out,(soma coma), and wound up laying on the babies.They could not breathe.So, to make it simple,I don't like Wiccans for other reasons.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Lets be clear, don't confuse"don't like"with"hate"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Silver, what do you think of Cyprus taxing bank accounts? In the "name of the greater good", could it happen here?
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Now, now, he's been on several forums and these......"it's" keep showing up. He's not backing down anymore. It does get boring after awhile though.
It's entirely possible Stupid and I have crossed paths elsewhere when he/she/it was posing another alter-ego to bother those nice people too. How can you tell? They're all equally juvenile and perverse and identical in the nature in the 'personal soap opera fabrications' created about other posters.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> When she killed her kids, she was a Catholic.I guess that kills your line of reasoning.She killed them, she didn't murder them.She was a drug addict, and on TWO different occasions, she passed out,(soma coma), and wound up laying on the babies.They could not breathe.So, to make it simple,I don't like Wiccans for other reasons.
Then what's up with you and Wiccans? Disliking Wiccans makes as much sense to me as disliking Native Americans since their beliefs and traditions mimic one another so closely.

I'm not Wicca but some of my own traditions are not dissimilar either. Did you have a bad experience with someone Wiccan once or does it have to do with them not being in the 'Jesus Camp'?

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

emlu wrote:
Silver, what do you think of Cyprus taxing bank accounts? In the "name of the greater good", could it happen here?
Of course. We call it freezing all assets.
Taxpayer

Hertford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

emlu wrote:
They are doing exactly what a Communist mind set does. Steal from working people and their families. And as the fascist they are will imprison or kill anyone who resist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

NEW: Cypriot draft bill drops levy on deposits below 20,000 euros

Cyprus's revised draft bill for a levy on bank deposits scraps the measure for savings under 20,000 euros but does not compensate for the resulting lost revenue by raising it for the wealthy.

The draft, seen by Reuters, did not say if the new structure for the levy raises the required 5.8 billion euros ($7.52 billion) European officials have demanded in return for 10 billion euros in aid.

The bill sets a zero per cent levy on deposits of up to 20,000 euros, a 6.75 per cent rate for amounts between 20,000 and 100,000 euros and maintains a 9.9 per cent tax on all deposits above that level.
So, could China demand this kind of action for the aid they gave the US?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/angela-merkel/how-...
Everyone should read this, the press in Europe say the funniest things, "wanted to vomit". Never read that in the media here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

emlu

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

itzwitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's entirely possible Stupid and I have crossed paths elsewhere when he/she/it was posing another alter-ego to bother those nice people too. How can you tell? They're all equally juvenile and perverse and identical in the nature in the 'personal soap opera fabrications' created about other posters.
Thanks again itzbitchy, you're a hermaphrodite lesbian bitch after my own polluted giant gas planet's fat ass. Would you please try to sexually gratify waco by pretending to be his Boy George doll?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

itzwitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what's up with you and Wiccans? Disliking Wiccans makes as much sense to me as disliking Native Americans since their beliefs and traditions mimic one another so closely.
I'm not Wicca but some of my own traditions are not dissimilar either. Did you have a bad experience with someone Wiccan once or does it have to do with them not being in the 'Jesus Camp'?
I met around thirty Wiccans.in Houston, to a"T", they were good-natured, but I found them to be superficial.Remember folks, that's simply my opinion.I don't dislike them for being"Wiccans".One of them, as I recall, called himself"James Tiberius Kirk."At least, he'd legally changed his birth name to that.Guess he didn't like"Mr.Spock".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Hope everyone watches the "Famagusta" link, it's a you-tube thing. Oh, Silver, won't you and Bacon be able to say "eat crow", if this happens.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

I don't believe in "coincidence".

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
Hope everyone watches the "Famagusta" link, it's a you-tube thing. Oh, Silver, won't you and Bacon be able to say "eat crow", if this happens.
Haven't seen it yet so I can't offer an opinion.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

One of the most important things a person can possess in this life, besides their loved ones is the ability to not care what others think of them.Right, Silvercoast?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,281 - 37,300 of54,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Belmont cycle shop moves shop 9 hr Hey 7
I Love Black Women (May '11) 10 hr Manny 225
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 21 hr benson 12
Charles ''Charley'' & Melinda Herman!! Wed Carolinagurl88 1
dog food Jul 8 Go Blue Forever 6
Jacksonville man bit by venemous snake Jul 6 peggy wilson 1
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Jul 5 Mayhem Deluxe 30
•••
•••