Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,792)

Showing posts 35,821 - 35,840 of50,020
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

A recent hearing by a House subcommittee on Feb. 7 revealed the govt WASTED $115 BILLION, down from $121 BILLION in 2010!

http://fcw.com/articles/2012/02/07/federal-im...

And the Commucrat's Roadshow Ruler is still on the campaign trail fear mongering about the looming sequester that HE suggested, a sequester that only cuts $85B! The sequester actually cuts the govt to levels just above those in 2009, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but planes were STILL flying, firemen were STILL fighting fires, and the elderly were STILL receiving Medicare in 2009!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Gov Chris Christie gets the ax, he's not invited to this years CPAC. Kinda like Chuck Hagel, you reap what you sow!

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
A recent hearing by a House subcommittee on Feb. 7 revealed the govt WASTED $115 BILLION, down from $121 BILLION in 2010!

http://fcw.com/articles/2012/02/07/federal-im...

And the Commucrat's Roadshow Ruler is still on the campaign trail fear mongering about the looming sequester that HE suggested, a sequester that only cuts $85B! The sequester actually cuts the govt to levels just above those in 2009, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but planes were STILL flying, firemen were STILL fighting fires, and the elderly were STILL receiving Medicare in 2009!
The Democrats will know say they saved the American taxpayers $6 billion just because they spent less than they thought they might.

"Firemen still fighting fires"?

Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution enumerates powers granted to the federal government and nowhere does it list the power to “bail out the states who come up short in paying for firefighters, police and teachers.”

Furthermore, when the federal government “give” lesser governments (state & local) money to pay for these responsibilities, they often attach conditions to funding that may be unconstitutional. Typical political bullshit.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>The Democrats will know say they saved the American taxpayers $6 billion just because they spent less than they thought they might.

"Firemen still fighting fires"?

Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution enumerates powers granted to the federal government and nowhere does it list the power to “bail out the states who come up short in paying for firefighters, police and teachers.”

Furthermore, when the federal government “give” lesser governments (state & local) money to pay for these responsibilities, they often attach conditions to funding that may be unconstitutional. Typical political bullshit.
I once read Henry ford said that if you believe government will take of you, ask the native Americans if that is true...

Think there is some wisdom in there somewhere...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I once read Henry ford said that if you believe government will take of you, ask the native Americans if that is true...
Think there is some wisdom in there somewhere...
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want, is big enough to take it all away."

- Barry Goldwater

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Hundreds of thousands, tens of thousands, finally, thousands are going to do without in three days. How can anyone fix the problem if on a road show?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

emlu wrote:
Hundreds of thousands, tens of thousands, finally, thousands are going to do without in three days. How can anyone fix the problem if on a road show?
Exactly! Instead traveling one mile down the street to meet with the elected officials involved, the Roadshow Ruler is 150 miles away on the fear mongering campaign trail! This President and his party is a joke! No leadership skills at all!
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

I think you are doing exactly what you have accused me of; refusing to accept something because of preconceived notions.
Implying that my old friend was a jerk is the first thing on this forum that has ruffeled my feathers. He was a real hero with stunning combat accomplishments as a pilot and the medals to prove it, but never got the news coverage. Coincidentally,he was not rich then, nor did he have well a well connected family. Also, there was , again coincidentally, no crew with movie cameras waiting to pick him up when his Avenger went down.If he said something, you could believe it and I do believe him . He was there and in the air.
waco1909 wrote:
Even as I defend George Bush,I acknowledge supporting Obama.TSF, there is always going to be some jerk somewhere contradicting the actions of someone generally acknowledged as a hero.You could have found any number of people who would have said that Lincoln was a dirty coward.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Rush says, the battle is over.The left won.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Instead traveling one mile down the street to meet with the elected officials involved, the Roadshow Ruler is 150 miles away on the fear mongering campaign trail! This President and his party is a joke! No leadership skills at all!
This is 2013.Leadership skills? Electability skills.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Finally, in Raleigh, republikans have done something useful. They have voted on a back to basics law that NC schools require students to memorize the multiplication tables and be proficient in cursive writing. They probably left out memorizing the goesintas because they never heard of them.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

TSF wrote:
I think you are doing exactly what you have accused me of; refusing to accept something because of preconceived notions.
Implying that my old friend was a jerk is the first thing on this forum that has ruffeled my feathers. He was a real hero with stunning combat accomplishments as a pilot and the medals to prove it, but never got the news coverage. Coincidentally,he was not rich then, nor did he have well a well connected family. Also, therie was , again coincidentally, no crew with movie cameras waiting to pick him up when his Avenger went down.If he said something, you could believe it and I do believe him . He was there and in the air.
<quoted text>
Never a fan of the Bushs'.Your friend didn't see a damn thing.YOU hate republicans so much, lets leave it at that.Sorry there were no cameras for your friend, didn't know he got shot down and picked up by a submarine.BEING picked up by a submarine was the real news then.The men who ripped Kerrys'military record were"respected"veter ans as well.I'm not buying it.You are.That's really all there is left to say.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

I like to listen to Rush (Mr Oxycodone) because he is interestingly extreme right wing nuts. However, the left didn't win. The right snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by being so math challenged that they didn't understand what 51% of the vote means.
Attacking women, blacks, immigrants, the poor, the unemployed, veterans, the disabled, the elderly, anyone who didn't chant the lockstep republikan mantras and even girl scouts was not really a formula for winning 51% of the vote. They are still doing it and will continue to lose again and again until they stop attacking a majority of the electorate.. As Clinton says, "--its arithmetic"
waco1909 wrote:
Rush says, the battle is over.The left won.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

TSF wrote:
Finally, in Raleigh, republikans have done something useful. They have voted on a back to basics law that NC schools require students to memorize the multiplication tables and be proficient in cursive writing. They probably left out memorizing the goesintas because they never heard of them.
You started this"commucrat"crap with your"republikan"crap .When you hit someone in the face, they generally hit you back.Here's some advice for you, free of charge.If you don't want your"friends"subject ed to criticism, leave them off of Topix.You've seen what happens to my friend on Topix.Your nameless"friend" (how do I even know he's not someone you made up)? Is absolutely unknown to me.Expect your"friend"to experience criticism, with his unfounded comments.That's right, he's gone, so he can't be further questioned.That's convenient.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

The entire episode is a dog and pony show for the electorate. There is no doubt (among the sane) that cuts have to be made. There is no doubt (amoung the sane) that taxes will have to increase. This is only the first step and the brahooha allows both parties to disclaim responsibility for the discomfort it will cause.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Instead traveling one mile down the street to meet with the elected officials involved, the Roadshow Ruler is 150 miles away on the fear mongering campaign trail! This President and his party is a joke! No leadership skills at all!

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

TSF I recall how much Stowe hated you.At first,I thought Stowe wasn't a bad type.Then, in response to a girl, who was a friend of mine, dying without access to medical care, he said, to paraphrase, that she should have become a doctor, and treated herself.Really....TSF you're great with statistics.All i'm asking of you, is to check your stats, as Clemens said"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Our elected leaders are not held to the same standards as the rest of us.UNTIL this changes, America will continue to be sold to the highest bidder.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Republikans are crap, republicans are the reasonable, rational faction. Here is another gem of knowledge from my friend-- "Texas is a great place to be from."
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You started this"commucrat"crap with your"republikan"crap .When you hit someone in the face, they generally hit you back.Here's some advice for you, free of charge.If you don't want your"friends"subject ed to criticism, leave them off of Topix.You've seen what happens to my friend on Topix.Your nameless"friend" (how do I even know he's not someone you made up)? Is absolutely unknown to me.Expect your"friend"to experience criticism, with his unfounded comments.That's right, he's gone, so he can't be further questioned.That's convenient.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

LOL! You die-hard morons don't get it. Obama won two terms and both times with over 50% of the vote. Only 3 previous American Presidents have ever done so. What part of 'YOU LOST BIG TIME!' do you not understand? The man has created a history and legacy you will never be able to erase. Oh, BTW? Thanks for the term 'Obamacare'. Now nobody will ever be able to forget exactly who it was who fixed what you idiots did to us in our health care system. Thanks, guys!'Obamacare' is damn catchy!

The will of the people is WAY clear. We, the people, choose Obama's way, not yours. Now, get on the bus, get off the bus or get the F*** out of the way. Figuratively running all over you is a gift that keeps on giving...
See you in '14. Get ready. We are hardly done ridding the land of vermin like you traitors.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>And you act as if the rich are victims because they have to pay taxes to live in a civilized society that is highly conducive to making money they made here.
You act as if the well off are villains robbing from the poor. Not their fault if they can manage money, convince people to invest and or market a product that turns a profit.

Your teams tax the wealthy more because they have it is robbery. Which, you're comfortable with that, so your posture on it doesn't surprise me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,821 - 35,840 of50,020
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) 5 hr Noel 211
Police charge 16-year-old with uptown Charlotte... 5 hr shon 6
homeless 6 hr shon 2
lookin for that boy. where's he at 11 hr nyc2nc 9
New Online Ministry 14 hr Dan Roller 1
Millions spent on stadiums teachers/police are ... Tue Tax Money 1
Satanic Tea Party Tue Patriot 11
•••
•••