Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Don't need help from Sagle.Bunch of fakers.
waco 1954

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Fool don't want no help, fool don't get no help.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

The "Wild West Days" are upon us and we are all in danger because of spending cuts!!! Quick, take the children, the dog and run and hide. ;)
AFF

Hertford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Answer, do you think the US just went and started shooting?? Do you think the rest of the world would have let that happen? Clue resolution 660, 661, etc...the US did not act alone. See, I come from a military family, war is not easily waged.
Wars are easier to start then you think. What is harder is getting the communist minded people that have been voted in to congress to act on it. It lets them waste young American lives without being reasonable. But that is what communist governments do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

AFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Wars are easier to start then you think. What is harder is getting the communist minded people that have been voted in to congress to act on it. It lets them waste young American lives without being reasonable. But that is what communist governments do.
"Charter of the United Nations" give it a read, has nothing to do with Congress. I find it "odd" what the first three words are.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

...the New York Post printed an August 1988 interview with Chester Mierzejewski, the only person who has ever claimed to have witnessed Bush's plane struck by Japanese anti-aircraft shells, and to have seen it violently hit the water. Mierzejewski, who was the rear turret gunner in the aircraft flown by Squadron Commander Douglas Melvin and had the most advantageous position for observing the events in question, had raised important questions about the haste with which Bush bailed out, rather than attempting a water landing. Since Melvin's plane flew directly ahead of Bush's, Mierzejewski had a direct and unobstructed view of what was occurring aft of his own plane. He has repeatedly stated that his aircraft was flying approximately 100 feet ahead of Bush's plane during the incident, so close that he could see Bush's face in the cockpit. Incensed by what he considered were false claims of war heroics made by Bush during the 1988 presidential campaign (especially after watching his December 1987 interview with David Frost), the 68-year-old retired aircraft foreman living in Cheshire, Connecticut, decided to write the Vice President and inform him that his recollections were very different from his own. When he never received a letter in response, Mierzejewski elected to break a 44-year silence and tell his story to reporters at the New York Post. "That guy is not telling the truth," Mierzejewski said of Bush, denying his publicized account that the Avenger was actually on fire. "I think he could have saved those lives, if they were alive. I don't know that they were, but at least they had a chance if he had attempted a water landing." (The Avenger torpedo bomber had been designed to stay afloat for approximately two minutes, giving the crew an extra margin of time to inflate a raft and paddle away from the plane if it sank.)

When the newspaper's reporters asked former Lieutenant Legare Hole, the executive officer of Bush's squadron, about who might have best observed the final minutes of the plane, Hole replied, "The turret gunner in Melvin's plane would have had a good view. If the plane was on fire, there is a very good chance he would be able to see that. The pilot can't see everything that the gunner can, and he'd miss an awful lot."

Gunner Lawrence Mueller, who flew on the Chichi Jima mission, when asked who would have had the best view, responded: "The turret gunner of Melvin's plane." Mueller had also kept a logbook of his own in which he made notations as the squadron was debriefed in the USS San Jacinto's ready room after each mission. Mueller told the Post that "no parachute was sighted except for Bush's when the plane went down" and that no one in the ship's ready room during the debriefing had mentioned a fire aboard Bush's Avenger. Mueller claimed, "I would have put it in my logbook if I had heard it."
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> He was not in that plane boy,I don't give a damn how honorable he was.I'm not a republican, got no axe to grind.You want to believe your"expert"because it suits your political views.On the military channel all the San Jacinto people interviewed has no problem with what Bush did.YOUR"expert"has zero credibility, but you go on ahead, do what everybody does on forum, believe what backs up your"views".
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

A lot of people on the San Jacinto questioned the "official" story. My old friend was there and and I chose to believe his version, not to suit my political views, but because he had credibility , judgement, intelligence and honesty. Now the idiot son Dubya told lies that got 4400 Americans killed and fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. But I can admit that IF the plane was really burning (which witnesses said it wasn't), that sitting there roasting would not really be an option for HW.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> He was not in that plane boy,I don't give a damn how honorable he was.I'm not a republican, got no axe to grind.You want to believe your"expert"because it suits your political views.On the military channel all the San Jacinto people interviewed has no problem with what Bush did.YOUR"expert"has zero credibility, but you go on ahead, do what everybody does on forum, believe what backs up your"views".
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Brokeback Bush: thetruth.7p.com - YouTube

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

TSF wrote:
...the New York Post printed an August 1988 interview with Chester Mierzejewski, the only person who has ever claimed to have witnessed Bush's plane struck by Japanese anti-aircraft shells, and to have seen it violently hit the water. Mierzejewski, who was the rear turret gunner in the aircraft flown by Squadron Commander Douglas Melvin and had the most advantageous position for observing the events in question, had raised important questions about the haste with which Bush bailed out, rather than attempting a water landing. Since Melvin's plane flew directly ahead of Bush's, Mierzejewski had a direct and unobstructed view of what was occurring aft of his own plane. He has repeatedly stated that his aircraft was flying approximately 100 feet ahead of Bush's plane during the incident, so close that he could see Bush's face in the cockpit. Incensed by what he considered were false claims of war heroics made by Bush during the 1988 presidential campaign (especially after watching his December 1987 interview with David Frost), the 68-year-old retired aircraft foreman living in Cheshire, Connecticut, decided to write the Vice President and inform him that his recollections were very different from his own. When he never received a letter in response, Mierzejewski elected to break a 44-year silence and tell his story to reporters at the New York Post. "That guy is not telling the truth," Mierzejewski said of Bush, denying his publicized account that the Avenger was actually on fire. "I think he could have saved those lives, if they were alive. I don't know that they were, but at least they had a chance if he had attempted a water landing." (The Avenger torpedo bomber had been designed to stay afloat for approximately two minutes, giving the crew an extra margin of time to inflate a raft and paddle away from the plane if it sank.)
When the newspaper's reporters asked former Lieutenant Legare Hole, the executive officer of Bush's squadron, about who might have best observed the final minutes of the plane, Hole replied, "The turret gunner in Melvin's plane would have had a good view. If the plane was on fire, there is a very good chance he would be able to see that. The pilot can't see everything that the gunner can, and he'd miss an awful lot."
Gunner Lawrence Mueller, who flew on the Chichi Jima mission, when asked who would have had the best view, responded: "The turret gunner of Melvin's plane." Mueller had also kept a logbook of his own in which he made notations as the squadron was debriefed in the USS San Jacinto's ready room after each mission. Mueller told the Post that "no parachute was sighted except for Bush's when the plane went down" and that no one in the ship's ready room during the debriefing had mentioned a fire aboard Bush's Avenger. Mueller claimed, "I would have put it in my logbook if I had heard it."
<quoted text>
Not a damn definitive thing here folks.The same kind of crap was thrown on John Kerry.Grow up TSF.Bush was still jumping out of planes in his eighties.You, who have never been in a situation,a life or death situation like this, have NO RIGHT to say a thing about George H.W. Walker Bush.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

"IF", would kinda make your entire point mute, would it not?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Even as I defend George Bush,I acknowledge supporting Obama.TSF, there is always going to be some jerk somewhere contradicting the actions of someone generally acknowledged as a hero.You could have found any number of people who would have said that Lincoln was a dirty coward.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

A recent hearing by a House subcommittee on Feb. 7 revealed the govt WASTED $115 BILLION, down from $121 BILLION in 2010!

http://fcw.com/articles/2012/02/07/federal-im...

And the Commucrat's Roadshow Ruler is still on the campaign trail fear mongering about the looming sequester that HE suggested, a sequester that only cuts $85B! The sequester actually cuts the govt to levels just above those in 2009, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but planes were STILL flying, firemen were STILL fighting fires, and the elderly were STILL receiving Medicare in 2009!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Gov Chris Christie gets the ax, he's not invited to this years CPAC. Kinda like Chuck Hagel, you reap what you sow!

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
A recent hearing by a House subcommittee on Feb. 7 revealed the govt WASTED $115 BILLION, down from $121 BILLION in 2010!

http://fcw.com/articles/2012/02/07/federal-im...

And the Commucrat's Roadshow Ruler is still on the campaign trail fear mongering about the looming sequester that HE suggested, a sequester that only cuts $85B! The sequester actually cuts the govt to levels just above those in 2009, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but planes were STILL flying, firemen were STILL fighting fires, and the elderly were STILL receiving Medicare in 2009!
The Democrats will know say they saved the American taxpayers $6 billion just because they spent less than they thought they might.

"Firemen still fighting fires"?

Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution enumerates powers granted to the federal government and nowhere does it list the power to “bail out the states who come up short in paying for firefighters, police and teachers.”

Furthermore, when the federal government “give” lesser governments (state & local) money to pay for these responsibilities, they often attach conditions to funding that may be unconstitutional. Typical political bullshit.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>The Democrats will know say they saved the American taxpayers $6 billion just because they spent less than they thought they might.

"Firemen still fighting fires"?

Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution enumerates powers granted to the federal government and nowhere does it list the power to “bail out the states who come up short in paying for firefighters, police and teachers.”

Furthermore, when the federal government “give” lesser governments (state & local) money to pay for these responsibilities, they often attach conditions to funding that may be unconstitutional. Typical political bullshit.
I once read Henry ford said that if you believe government will take of you, ask the native Americans if that is true...

Think there is some wisdom in there somewhere...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I once read Henry ford said that if you believe government will take of you, ask the native Americans if that is true...
Think there is some wisdom in there somewhere...
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want, is big enough to take it all away."

- Barry Goldwater

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Hundreds of thousands, tens of thousands, finally, thousands are going to do without in three days. How can anyone fix the problem if on a road show?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

emlu wrote:
Hundreds of thousands, tens of thousands, finally, thousands are going to do without in three days. How can anyone fix the problem if on a road show?
Exactly! Instead traveling one mile down the street to meet with the elected officials involved, the Roadshow Ruler is 150 miles away on the fear mongering campaign trail! This President and his party is a joke! No leadership skills at all!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alice Cooper and Motley Crue 2 hr Lover 3
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... 3 hr Josh 8
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Wed Concerned Citizen 230
Help with Bad Landlord Wed Concerned Citizen 2
Dog food and meds Jul 29 ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) Jul 29 Tim 235
Shadra Jeane Wilson Jul 28 In need of some info 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••