Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36887 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So the slaves came voluntarily?
I am pretty sure this is a black and white case, if there ever was one. The slaves were forced here.
Into Africa: The Epic Adventures of Stanley and Livingstone, some insight on tribes selling to the slave trade as far back as the seventh century. Lots of research went into it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36888 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, didn't even have to change kegs, 400.00 a week plus tips. No running food, cleaning tables, reservations, nada. Bartend wipe the bar and restock, go home. Oh the life of "resort" work. Got to ski free as well. That was a great winter.
Sounds pretty good to me for seasonal work and the free skiing to boot.:) Bet the tips were good since you were working a resort!! We're still packing Lu and I have a ski bib I found and I just laughed out loud. I thought how far removed I'd be from snow skiiing. Don't think you'll need yours' either...

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#36889 Feb 22, 2013
My Topix email is enabled.Took awhile for me to get signed in.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#36890 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, didn't even have to change kegs, 400.00 a week plus tips. No running food, cleaning tables, reservations, nada. Bartend wipe the bar and restock, go home. Oh the life of "resort" work. Got to ski free as well. That was a great winter.
I think you may have stumbled upon the greatest bartending gig ever.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36891 Feb 22, 2013
Emlu my Topix email had not been working, probably because of my little"accident".I think it's up now baby.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36892 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Into Africa: The Epic Adventures of Stanley and Livingstone, some insight on tribes selling to the slave trade as far back as the seventh century. Lots of research went into it.
If a tribe is selling off slaves, does that mean the slaves chose to come here? No.
I am fully aware of how the slave trade worked. No one who made the people, slaves were innocent. And no matter how many were involved, it does not make any of them moral for doing what they did. Two wrongs do not make right.
I keep hearing this argument from your side as if it changes anything. It is an irrelevant claim. Unless you wish to tell us how it is relevant?

Penrose, NC

#36893 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, you're not signed in properly because you would have like the green box thing, unless you're logged in another name and avatar. Sorry, it might take a day or two for them to get you signed it. I wasn't computer savvy and neither was AZ when we both tried to sign in, but we finally figured it out together. On the private posts it should say enable or disable, if you don't want anyone to read your information just hit the disable.
Okay, Bacon here goes this is my register. It would not allow me to use just Allen because it said that user name was taken. While in my profile settings I have clicked on disable and make private and it does not. If you look at my profile you will see that I made a test post.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36894 Feb 22, 2013
Allen Mike will help you with your signing in.

Location hidden

#36895 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Bacon here goes this is my register. It would not allow me to use just Allen because it said that user name was taken. While in my profile settings I have clicked on disable and make private and it does not. If you look at my profile you will see that I made a test post.
Ok Allen, look at the top of where your posts are showing and hit disable from public view. It says you've made 6 posts but only 2 are showing, so maybe now you have disabled your posts for public view.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36896 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text> If a tribe is selling off slaves, does that mean the slaves chose to come here? No.
I am fully aware of how the slave trade worked. No one who made the people, slaves were innocent. And no matter how many were involved, it does not make any of them moral for doing what they did. Two wrongs do not make right.
I keep hearing this argument from your side as if it changes anything. It is an irrelevant claim. Unless you wish to tell us how it is relevant?
How is it relevant? Everyone shares some blame?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36897 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think you may have stumbled upon the greatest bartending gig ever.
Only lasted for the winter.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36898 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> How is it relevant? Everyone shares some blame?
Wasn't supposed to be a question mark there.

Penrose, NC

#36899 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Allen, look at the top of where your posts are showing and hit disable from public view. It says you've made 6 posts but only 2 are showing, so maybe now you have disabled your posts for public view.
No I have only made the 2. Not sure why it says 6, nevertheless Waco owes you. Lol.

Penrose, NC

#36900 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen Mike will help you with your signing in.
Mike wasn't the one who wanted me to sign in you were. Why aren't you helping me? God knows if anyone should deny me help, it should be Bacon.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36901 Feb 22, 2013
Being signed in gives more credence to a persons posts, I think.Mike brought that to my attention..

Location hidden

#36902 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike wasn't the one who wanted me to sign in you were. Why aren't you helping me? God knows if anyone should deny me help, it should be Bacon.
I told you wrong Allen, I looked at my profile and it says make your posts "private" or "public", hit the "private" prompt. Allen, I'm not as petty as you think. We can disagree, but we don't have to be haters. I don't dislike people because they disagree with me, but I do when it gets nasty. I would like to think as there are only three women posting on here we could have a modicum of decorum and all three of us have a common bond of being and having been caregivers and that's not something I will take from anyone. It's a hard and thankless job. I don't mind helping out with your signing in because I was in the same situation.

Now I'm going after Waco for the money he owes me!!! Waco knows how I am about my money!!! I'm always accused of being greedy and this time is no different :)

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36903 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, as far as I know, is one of the best computer cowboys on Topix.I thought he would be better qualified to assist you, simply put.Bacon is the type of person to help anyone in need.You would be shocked to find, that people with differing political views, can be good people.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36904 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you wrong Allen, I looked at my profile and it says make your posts "private" or "public", hit the "private" prompt. Allen, I'm not as petty as you think. We can disagree, but we don't have to be haters. I don't dislike people because they disagree with me, but I do when it gets nasty. I would like to think as there are only three women posting on here we could have a modicum of decorum and all three of us have a common bond of being and having been caregivers and that's not something I will take from anyone. It's a hard and thankless job. I don't mind helping out with your signing in because I was in the same situation.
Now I'm going after Waco for the money he owes me!!! Waco knows how I am about my money!!! I'm always accused of being greedy and this time is no different :)
When I arrive in Carolina, I will personally deliver your five dollars, after all, honor is everything! ;)

Penrose, NC

#36905 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> When I arrive in Carolina, I will personally deliver your five dollars, after all, honor is everything! ;)
Wait just a minute Waco, correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall a post where Bacon accepted your bet. Not only that but your bet was on me and I proved you wrong. So I believe that I am entitled to that five dollars.

Location hidden

#36906 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait just a minute Waco, correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall a post where Bacon accepted your bet. Not only that but your bet was on me and I proved you wrong. So I believe that I am entitled to that five dollars.
I say we both deserve five dollars!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 3 hr Fa-Foxy 1,899
patrick brehm arrested and charged 23 hr medmel8556 1
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Thu Currently Queen 139
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) Thu Ben_Masada 402
Black women don't find white men attractive. (Jul '10) Thu force me 36
Cherry Crush Wed Cherry Dreams 1
why do i only see darkness in light? Wed Displaced 2
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web