Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Feb 13

Penrose, NC

#36893 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, you're not signed in properly because you would have like the green box thing, unless you're logged in another name and avatar. Sorry, it might take a day or two for them to get you signed it. I wasn't computer savvy and neither was AZ when we both tried to sign in, but we finally figured it out together. On the private posts it should say enable or disable, if you don't want anyone to read your information just hit the disable.
Okay, Bacon here goes this is my register. It would not allow me to use just Allen because it said that user name was taken. While in my profile settings I have clicked on disable and make private and it does not. If you look at my profile you will see that I made a test post.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#36894 Feb 22, 2013
Allen Mike will help you with your signing in.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36895 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Bacon here goes this is my register. It would not allow me to use just Allen because it said that user name was taken. While in my profile settings I have clicked on disable and make private and it does not. If you look at my profile you will see that I made a test post.
Ok Allen, look at the top of where your posts are showing and hit disable from public view. It says you've made 6 posts but only 2 are showing, so maybe now you have disabled your posts for public view.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#36896 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text> If a tribe is selling off slaves, does that mean the slaves chose to come here? No.
I am fully aware of how the slave trade worked. No one who made the people, slaves were innocent. And no matter how many were involved, it does not make any of them moral for doing what they did. Two wrongs do not make right.
I keep hearing this argument from your side as if it changes anything. It is an irrelevant claim. Unless you wish to tell us how it is relevant?
How is it relevant? Everyone shares some blame?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36897 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think you may have stumbled upon the greatest bartending gig ever.
Only lasted for the winter.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#36898 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> How is it relevant? Everyone shares some blame?
Wasn't supposed to be a question mark there.

Penrose, NC

#36899 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Allen, look at the top of where your posts are showing and hit disable from public view. It says you've made 6 posts but only 2 are showing, so maybe now you have disabled your posts for public view.
No I have only made the 2. Not sure why it says 6, nevertheless Waco owes you. Lol.

Penrose, NC

#36900 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen Mike will help you with your signing in.
Mike wasn't the one who wanted me to sign in you were. Why aren't you helping me? God knows if anyone should deny me help, it should be Bacon.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#36901 Feb 22, 2013
Being signed in gives more credence to a persons posts, I think.Mike brought that to my attention..

Location hidden

#36902 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike wasn't the one who wanted me to sign in you were. Why aren't you helping me? God knows if anyone should deny me help, it should be Bacon.
I told you wrong Allen, I looked at my profile and it says make your posts "private" or "public", hit the "private" prompt. Allen, I'm not as petty as you think. We can disagree, but we don't have to be haters. I don't dislike people because they disagree with me, but I do when it gets nasty. I would like to think as there are only three women posting on here we could have a modicum of decorum and all three of us have a common bond of being and having been caregivers and that's not something I will take from anyone. It's a hard and thankless job. I don't mind helping out with your signing in because I was in the same situation.

Now I'm going after Waco for the money he owes me!!! Waco knows how I am about my money!!! I'm always accused of being greedy and this time is no different :)

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#36903 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, as far as I know, is one of the best computer cowboys on Topix.I thought he would be better qualified to assist you, simply put.Bacon is the type of person to help anyone in need.You would be shocked to find, that people with differing political views, can be good people.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#36904 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you wrong Allen, I looked at my profile and it says make your posts "private" or "public", hit the "private" prompt. Allen, I'm not as petty as you think. We can disagree, but we don't have to be haters. I don't dislike people because they disagree with me, but I do when it gets nasty. I would like to think as there are only three women posting on here we could have a modicum of decorum and all three of us have a common bond of being and having been caregivers and that's not something I will take from anyone. It's a hard and thankless job. I don't mind helping out with your signing in because I was in the same situation.
Now I'm going after Waco for the money he owes me!!! Waco knows how I am about my money!!! I'm always accused of being greedy and this time is no different :)
When I arrive in Carolina, I will personally deliver your five dollars, after all, honor is everything! ;)

Penrose, NC

#36905 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> When I arrive in Carolina, I will personally deliver your five dollars, after all, honor is everything! ;)
Wait just a minute Waco, correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall a post where Bacon accepted your bet. Not only that but your bet was on me and I proved you wrong. So I believe that I am entitled to that five dollars.

Location hidden

#36906 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait just a minute Waco, correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall a post where Bacon accepted your bet. Not only that but your bet was on me and I proved you wrong. So I believe that I am entitled to that five dollars.
I say we both deserve five dollars!!

Penrose, NC

#36907 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I say we both deserve five dollars!!
Lmao, true that.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36908 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> How is it relevant? Everyone shares some blame?
Well do the slaves deserve blame? Do you even remember what the topic was about?
The slaves did not volunteer to be here. It was not a choice. So if they wanted to chose to go back, I think they should have a paid trip back.
Many were worried the freed slaves would take revenge upon their former masters. From what I understand, this is at least one reason Lincoln had the program of sending them to colonies.
As I pointed out, the program was voluntary, unlike slavery.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#36909 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well do the slaves deserve blame? Do you even remember what the topic was about?
The slaves did not volunteer to be here. It was not a choice. So if they wanted to chose to go back, I think they should have a paid trip back.
Many were worried the freed slaves would take revenge upon their former masters. From what I understand, this is at least one reason Lincoln had the program of sending them to colonies.
As I pointed out, the program was voluntary, unlike slavery.
Let us strive for clarity.1.blame the slavetraders 2.blame the slave buyers 3.blame those who sold their countrymen into slavery 4.blame those who captured through force 5.blame anyone who bought a slave. 6 blame those who transported slaves

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#36910 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is getting expensive! That's what happens when you're a moderate, you get it from both sides!

Location hidden

#36911 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it is a choice in some respects, but certainly not much of a choice. That is the point. Gods commandments are not giving someone much of a choice if they actually believe in the consequence of hell.
I suppose you call having a gun pointed to your head and demanding the cash, " a choice", if you hand it over like Silver does. As if dying over twenty dollars is a rational choice to make. Yes, as I have stated, it is a choice, but only if you take the common meaning to such extremes it is a meaningless term.
By your reasoning, slavery was a choice. The slave really just chose to work over being beaten to death.
By your reasoning, the slaves had free choice.
Only an idiot would agree that slaves were free to make choices of being a slave. But you are an idiot, so I can understand why you distort the idea of choice.
You originally claimed it wasn't a choice and I successfully proved it was. Now you're conceding that it is a choice, albeit not much of one to which I'll agree BUT it's still a choice.
Yes, if a gun is pointed at your head you have a choice. What one chooses to do is up to that person.
Slavery was a choice for the slaves. They either agreed to slavery or they died. Again, not much of a choice but a choice none the less. Many slaves chose to leave the plantations and head north to freedom, again, they made a choice.
Only an idiot would distort the idea of choice....such as you have.

Choice-(noun)
1 : the act of choosing : selection
2 : power of choosing : option
3 a : the best part : cream
b : a person or thing chosen
4 : a number and variety to choose among
5 : care in selecting

Location hidden

#36912 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So what one says after an event is causing the event? Sorry, but I am confused still. Please explain how what Biden said caused the deaths of four people?
"We werenít told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security,Ē Biden said during the debate.

As was pointed out by CNNís Fact Check team, just days earlier there were State Department security officials who testified to Congress about requests made and denied for more security.

"During the vice presidential debate, we were disappointed to see Vice President Biden blame the intelligence community for the inconsistent and shifting response of the Obama administration to the terrorist attacks in Benghazi. Given what has emerged publicly about the intelligence available before, during, and after the September 11 attack, it is clear that any failure was not on the part of the intelligence community, but on the part of White House decision-makers who should have listened to, and acted on, available intelligence. Blaming those who put their lives on the line is not the kind of leadership this country needs."......Former CIA Director Michael Hayden

It was Biden, after the attacks and during the debate, blaming bad intel on the deaths when in FACT, as pointed out during the senate hearings and by the former director of the CIA, the intel was available BEFORE the attacks, the Ruler and his administration "chose" not to act. Instead, in typical liberal fashion, they "chose" to blame someone else! In this case, as all others, again in typical Commucrat fashion, they blamed Americans!
I can see why you're confused, you've been indoctrinated!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mount holly pop warner on the rise in 2013 (Oct '13) Sat Just curious 67
News Videos of drivers in Belmont uploaded to YouTube (Jun '14) Sat mw77698on youtube 112
Poll Do you think women with hairy armpits are ok (Jan '09) Aug 28 NemO 545
Help wanted. Sales in Charlotte Aug 28 NemO 2
Belmont City Council Aug 27 Derek Rumfelt 26
belmont food & beverage - q: what happened? Aug 27 Roger Higgins 4
Location questions. Aug 27 Abc 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages