Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,738)

Showing posts 34,741 - 34,760 of54,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36009
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So what if they bitch? You act as if the worker must never voice his grievances. Of course you would fire them, as you have no empathy for them and their families.
There is a reason for the overtime laws. It is because heartless owners would work people eighteen hour days chained(litterally)to machines without regular breaks.
It is due to the evil people with your mentality that we have these laws. Don't like it? To damned bad. Go live in some third world country then. In this civilized society, we will have laws to make for civility, seeing as how your kind cannot just be civil.
I see you're still as stupid as ever. These people are paid a decent, fair salaries, nice benefit package, have a good employer and most have families. You would think people would want extra money to catch up bills, maybe buy some things for themselves they've done without due to the pissy economy we've enjoyed the last four years and you're on here bitching about overtime. I don't think working 8 hours on a Saturday and maybe 2 hours extra a couple nights a week is going to kill anyone. Mike, you're so out of touch with the workforce it's unreal. People bitch if they don't make enough money and they bitch if you offer them a chance to make extra. WTH is wrong with you, other than the fact by your post you're a lazy butt. Let me guess, we should give them some government entitlements due to the fact they want something for nothing instead of working for it. Have you ever worked a real job, like for a real company?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36010
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, here.
I see you're equally as clueless.

Here, here.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36011
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

For twenty years I was on the"overtime desired"list....two and a half hours a day , all holidays"special delivery" , back then, worked 365 days a year...plus all off days.Worked every Christmas Day for twenty years, double overtime and a half, fifty dollars an hour (Christmas and New Years)...time and a half all other holidays, and after 40 hours a week...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36012
Feb 15, 2013
 
Ex-San Diego mayor's gambling losses top $1 billion
Maureen Frances O'Connor (born July 14, 1946) is an American Democratic politician from California. She was mayor of San Diego from 1986 to 1992, the first woman to serve in that position. In 2013, federal prosecutors charged her with money laundering

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36013
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bacon, are they hiring? I'm willing to relocate...
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36014
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, let me give you an example of the mentality of the masses. My daughter's fiance works for a company and the owner works several hundred people. He gives them two weeks a year paid vacation, Christmas, and around the July 4th, in addition, gives them a bonus both weeks. At Christmas he puts on the dog for them. Puts them up in a nice hotel for one night for the Christmas party, provides designated drivers to and from the location of the party and all he asks is they wear something more than a Nascar tee-shirt and blue jeans. They bitch and moan about this. In October, the owner secured a large contract for the company and told the employees they could have all the overtime they wanted. Again, they bitched about working overtime. It's not like he's paying them $8.00 an hour and the thanks he gets for trying to be a good and fair employer is moaning and grouching by these people. I'd give them all a pink slip because I'm certain there's plenty of people out there that would jump at the opportunity to have an employer this good. Even though my daughter's fiance is not a regular line worker but in admin, he had to come in an lend a hand because of those that wouldn't. People don't understand when you're a salaried worker, you don't get overtime, but he was looking down the road for job security. There's just people out there that will never be happy with what's given to them and have no clue to what it's like to run a business. This is a society we're raising now, the society of I'll take and take and take, but don't expect me to work for it.
As usual there are two sides to every story. This is the side told to you second hand by your sweet little future son-in-law. Little white collar, brown nosing Joe who has probably never had his hands dirty a day in his life. In reality he is the one complaining because he has had to come out of his comfort zone and do some honest work for a change. Key words here "all the over time they wanted" which means not required. When not enough signed up for over time to cover the work little saleried Joe had to put down the coffee cup or risk a pink slip for himself. Other key words, "he HAD to come in". He was not given a choice right?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36015
Feb 15, 2013
 
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So what if they bitch? You act as if the worker must never voice his grievances. Of course you would fire them, as you have no empathy for them and their families.
There is a reason for the overtime laws. It is because heartless owners would work people eighteen hour days chained(litterally)to machines without regular breaks.
It is due to the evil people with your mentality that we have these laws. Don't like it? To damned bad. Go live in some third world country then. In this civilized society, we will have laws to make for civility, seeing as how your kind cannot just be civil.
So Mr. Empathetic, have you ever worked with single mothers or people trying to take care of other family members? I've worked with plenty of single mothers and fathers that jumped on overtime. They didn't have to, but you know what, they were selfless. They put their needs and even some little wants for their children, other family members or sick family members sick living with them and themselves in front of working maybe 10-15 extra hours a week because they had pride. Can you wrap your head that some people want to make it on their own and don't want you, me or the government to foot the bill for them? I admired these women and men because they were selfless, had pride and weren't afraid of a little hard work as you seem to be. You could learn a lesson from working a real job.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36016
Feb 15, 2013
 
waco1909 wrote:
Bacon, are they hiring? I'm willing to relocate...
I can find out. They work three shifts and have plenty of work, that is, if overtime hours don't offend you..LOL.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36017
Feb 15, 2013
 
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Are you still claiming the ranch was owned by the family?
It was bought in 99. Prove me wrong if you can.
You can go research it for yourself. Lu posted some info on it.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36018
Feb 15, 2013
 
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So you have no rebuttal?Mike Du wrote:

<quoted text>Since the companies lack all empathy or concern for the employee, we need a government that has empathy and concern for the employees in America to protect them.
BTW, not all money earned grows a company, all money earned by the lower employees will go straight into the economy to make it grow.
A strong economy can help make all companies grow, not just the ones with no empathy or concern for the employee.
That was my rebuttal meat gazer

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36019
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual there are two sides to every story. This is the side told to you second hand by your sweet little future son-in-law. Little white collar, brown nosing Joe who has probably never had his hands dirty a day in his life. In reality he is the one complaining because he has had to come out of his comfort zone and do some honest work for a change. Key words here "all the over time they wanted" which means not required. When not enough signed up for over time to cover the work little saleried Joe had to put down the coffee cup or risk a pink slip for himself. Other key words, "he HAD to come in". He was not given a choice right?
Wrong Allen. That kid has worked since he was 15 and was the child of a single mother, didn't have a choice. He put himself through school working two jobs, so I think he knows about hard work. He deserves to be salaried. He worked the line just as everyone else to learn the company from the ground up and he worked overtime to get him the extras he did without going to school and coming up, so sue him for trying to better himself. Yes, "he HAD to come in" because he cared about his job and the reputation of the company he has worked hard for. So, sue him for busting his hump when some couldn't come in because they had to go hunting, fishing, or work on their car they didn't have money to take to a garage, but wouldn't work to overtime in order to have the money to have their car fixed properly. BTW, the hunters and fishing guys were the ones bitching about not have enough money to pay bills, but somehow found money for these activities. Heck no, I don't feel sorry for them, they had a chance to make money for extras. I guess you're like Mike, to heck with job security and looking down the road for rough patches, live for the moment, don't save any and let the government keep me up. Geez.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36020
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>I see you're still as stupid as ever. These people are paid a decent, fair salaries, nice benefit package, have a good employer and most have families. You would think people would want extra money to catch up bills, maybe buy some things for themselves they've done without due to the pissy economy we've enjoyed the last four years and you're on here bitching about overtime. I don't think working 8 hours on a Saturday and maybe 2 hours extra a couple nights a week is going to kill anyone. Mike, you're so out of touch with the workforce it's unreal. People bitch if they don't make enough money and they bitch if you offer them a chance to make extra. WTH is wrong with you, other than the fact by your post you're a lazy butt. Let me guess, we should give them some government entitlements due to the fact they want something for nothing instead of working for it. Have you ever worked a real job, like for a real company?
Not stupid bacon, he's really quite emotional. Probably a heavy flow day for him.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36021
Feb 15, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>So Mr. Empathetic, have you ever worked with single mothers or people trying to take care of other family members? I've worked with plenty of single mothers and fathers that jumped on overtime. They didn't have to, but you know what, they were selfless. They put their needs and even some little wants for their children, other family members or sick family members sick living with them and themselves in front of working maybe 10-15 extra hours a week because they had pride. Can you wrap your head that some people want to make it on their own and don't want you, me or the government to foot the bill for them? I admired these women and men because they were selfless, had pride and weren't afraid of a little hard work as you seem to be. You could learn a lesson from working a real job.
Here here babe.$10 bucks says excuse # 527 is coming along right about....

Now

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36022
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not stupid bacon, he's really quite emotional. Probably a heavy flow day for him.
Here, here. Looks like he's not the only one with a heavy flow day!!
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36023
Feb 15, 2013
 
Let me give another example. A well known company that has several thousand employees pays their employees health at 100%, dental at 100% and many production workers make as much as $75,000 per year. Workers follow instructions willingly and work overtime when asked/told because they want to keep their jobs. The management model is to include the workers in the corporate "family" rather than the traditional American management style of us whip masters against those lowly workers attitude. These factory owners know that loyalty goes two ways and their workers will do anything within their power to remain within the company family. You will never hear these corporate owners or management criticizing their worker family.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, let me give you an example of the mentality of the masses. My daughter's fiance works for a company and the owner works several hundred people. He gives them two weeks a year paid vacation, Christmas, and around the July 4th, in addition, gives them a bonus both weeks. At Christmas he puts on the dog for them. Puts them up in a nice hotel for one night for the Christmas party, provides designated drivers to and from the location of the party and all he asks is they wear something more than a Nascar tee-shirt and blue jeans. They bitch and moan about this. In October, the owner secured a large contract for the company and told the employees they could have all the overtime they wanted. Again, they bitched about working overtime. It's not like he's paying them $8.00 an hour and the thanks he gets for trying to be a good and fair employer is moaning and grouching by these people. I'd give them all a pink slip because I'm certain there's plenty of people out there that would jump at the opportunity to have an employer this good. Even though my daughter's fiance is not a regular line worker but in admin, he had to come in an lend a hand because of those that wouldn't. People don't understand when you're a salaried worker, you don't get overtime, but he was looking down the road for job security. There's just people out there that will never be happy with what's given to them and have no clue to what it's like to run a business. This is a society we're raising now, the society of I'll take and take and take, but don't expect me to work for it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36024
Feb 15, 2013
 
Glad to "see " ya Bacon. Been there and done that, what a mess.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36025
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TSF wrote:
Let me give another example. A well known company that has several thousand employees pays their employees health at 100%, dental at 100% and many production workers make as much as $75,000 per year. Workers follow instructions willingly and work overtime when asked/told because they want to keep their jobs. The management model is to include the workers in the corporate "family" rather than the traditional American management style of us whip masters against those lowly workers attitude. These factory owners know that loyalty goes two ways and their workers will do anything within their power to remain within the company family. You will never hear these corporate owners or management criticizing their worker family.
<quoted text>
TSF, good example. The owner of the company I'm referring to is good to his employees. He gives good raises and pays a good hourly salary and it's like it's not enough. They have a benefits package to die for and I just can't understand what is enough for people, especially in our present economy. My mom and dad always told me a "job is not a right, it's a privilege" and I believe that's a good motto.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36026
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

emlu wrote:
Glad to "see " ya Bacon. Been there and done that, what a mess.
Hey Lu, missed you guys. I'm glad to be back home.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36027
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Allen. That kid has worked since he was 15 and was the child of a single mother, didn't have a choice. He put himself through school working two jobs, so I think he knows about hard work. He deserves to be salaried. He worked the line just as everyone else to learn the company from the ground up and he worked overtime to get him the extras he did without going to school and coming up, so sue him for trying to better himself. Yes, "he HAD to come in" because he cared about his job and the reputation of the company he has worked hard for. So, sue him for busting his hump when some couldn't come in because they had to go hunting, fishing, or work on their car they didn't have money to take to a garage, but wouldn't work to overtime in order to have the money to have their car fixed properly. BTW, the hunters and fishing guys were the ones bitching about not have enough money to pay bills, but somehow found money for these activities. Heck no, I don't feel sorry for them, they had a chance to make money for extras. I guess you're like Mike, to heck with job security and looking down the road for rough patches, live for the moment, don't save any and let the government keep me up. Geez.
One should work to live, but not live to work!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36028
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>One should work to live, but not live to work!
That is a choice made by all

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 34,741 - 34,760 of54,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Belmont cycle shop moves shop 11 hr Hey 7
I Love Black Women (May '11) 12 hr Manny 225
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 23 hr benson 12
Charles ''Charley'' & Melinda Herman!! Wed Carolinagurl88 1
dog food Jul 8 Go Blue Forever 6
Jacksonville man bit by venemous snake Jul 6 peggy wilson 1
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Jul 5 Mayhem Deluxe 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••