|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
9.00 min. wage? full time worker? Great, since most companies are cutting hours because of the cost of Obamacare. Even stupid me saw that one. Do the math, he used,$14,000. a year. I bet Silver can break it down.
Here here. You're dead to rights....

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Here here. You're dead to rights....
She's awfully smart.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
The State of the Union address is a bunch of bullshit lies. Lie after lie after lie. I just wish he would tell the truth. I wish he would say "I have every intention of shrinking our national defense and use the money saved to pay for national healthcare", after all this is what he wants to do.
Here Here!
Even the Commucrat controlled "Huffington Post" agreed when they assed his speech!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/...

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
9.00 min. wage? full time worker? Great, since most companies are cutting hours because of the cost of Obamacare. Even stupid me saw that one. Do the math, he used,$14,000. a year. I bet Silver can break it down.
A $9 minimum wage would crush an already struggling economy. Keep in mind this proposal came from a man that has never ran a business or passed a budget.
oFortPreacher

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Obama is doing the best he can. No one said being the President of the United States is an EASY job. If any one on this forum can do better, then by all means, start planning and running for 2016.

I don't think any one on this forum has been happy with ANY President. All you people do is Bitch, Bitch and Bitch some more. Must be an exciting life.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely a warning...
Yes, I agree. I did some reading yesterday and the Catholic Church may be headed for bankruptcy, due to lawsuits against them for sexual abuse of children by priests. Do you think that abolishing the vow of celibacy within the church might stop or slow this abuse?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
A $9 minimum wage would crush an already struggling economy. Keep in mind this proposal came from a man that has never ran a business or passed a budget.
Here Here!
Damn, you're on a roll!
Since most companies operate on a very small profit margin, where does he expect the money for a raise to come from? Most businesses aren't growing so that only leaves an increase in the price of goods and services to offset the raises! In govt, he just raises taxes or borrows from China to offset his spending, it doesn't work that way in buisness. Borrowing money or raising prices to cover payroll is a sure fire way to bankruptcy in a consumer driving environment!
Is VERY OBVIOUS this man has NO buisness experience!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Of course it's also obvious that the dumb masses has been dumbed down to the point to where they don't understand how business works either! Instead they'll cheer for an increase in min wage, then bitch when the prices increase or the jobs are lost all together!
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the minimum wage is now what $7.15 per hour? That's a yearly gross of $14,872. If the minimum age is raised to $9.00 per hour, that's a yearly gross of $18,720. Just how many of you could live on either of these wages, that is after taxes?
Caleb

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

oFortPreacher wrote:
Obama is doing the best he can. No one said being the President of the United States is an EASY job. If any one on this forum can do better, then by all means, start planning and running for 2016.
I don't think any one on this forum has been happy with ANY President. All you people do is Bitch, Bitch and Bitch some more. Must be an exciting life.
Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the minimum wage is now what $7.15 per hour? That's a yearly gross of $14,872. If the minimum age is raised to $9.00 per hour, that's a yearly gross of $18,720. Just how many of you could live on either of these wages, that is after taxes?
It's called living within your means. At $9 an hour, you can't afford a $30k car, a house of any kind, you don't NEED a cell phone or premium TV, or that 60" flat screen to watch it on, or an xbox to play on that big screen, you dont eat out 5 nights a week, you don't need a computer, etc... You live within your means! The problem is we have become an entitlement society to where everyone believes they're entitled to those things regardless of their income.
The "poor" in America aren't poor by the worlds standards, they're spoiled. Ask anyone in Africa or the Middle East, where we give billions to ever year, if they could live off of $19k a year? They'd fell like billionaires!
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Just asking, how many hours a week are you using? When I worked for Belk, full time was 32 hours a week.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>It's called living within your means. At $9 an hour, you can't afford a $30k car, a house of any kind, you don't NEED a cell phone or premium TV, or that 60" flat screen to watch it on, or an xbox to play on that big screen, you dont eat out 5 nights a week, you don't need a computer, etc... You live within your means! The problem is we have become an entitlement society to where everyone believes they're entitled to those things regardless of their income.
The "poor" in America aren't poor by the worlds standards, they're spoiled. Ask anyone in Africa or the Middle East, where we give billions to ever year, if they could live off of $19k a year? They'd fell like billionaires!
HERE HERE Go look at "Tent City" in Africa.
Carmine

Glen Ridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>Just asking, how many hours a week are you using? When I worked for Belk, full time was 32 hours a week.
Do you need insulin. Now don't you email us or we'll go to the Police if you don't want insulin.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree. I did some reading yesterday and the Catholic Church may be headed for bankruptcy, due to lawsuits against them for sexual abuse of children by priests. Do you think that abolishing the vow of celibacy within the church might stop or slow this abuse?
I would love to read that, the Vatican has some of the most priceless artifacts in the world. Hard to imagine bankrupt.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Interesting theory. Given even infinite time, the probability of that is infinitesimal although a possibility. Many possibilities exist which will never happen.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> STEPHEN HAWKING at first said that information entering black holes simply disappeared.He has since changed his mind, thinks the information is thrown back into the event horizon.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You must remember the President spends hours practicing bowling, golf, cards, because he likes to win. Because I know it's gonna be asked: http://www.forbes.com/sites/richkarlgaard/201...
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>It's called living within your means. At $9 an hour, you can't afford a $30k car, a house of any kind, you don't NEED a cell phone or premium TV, or that 60" flat screen to watch it on, or an xbox to play on that big screen, you dont eat out 5 nights a week, you don't need a computer, etc... You live within your means! The problem is we have become an entitlement society to where everyone believes they're entitled to those things regardless of their income.
If you can't afford to buy just how does that help the economy? What good is a lot full of $30k cars to a dealer who can't sell them? Or anything alse for that matter. I'm sure most of you here have more than one car, home, tv and all the latest gadgets. Imo, our elected officials and cooperate America need to take a pay cut and the minimum wage should be set at $10.00 per hour. In order for entitlement programs to be cut the scale needs to be tipped.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

You make a good a point that government bureucrats are unresponsive to their constituents. Mecklenberg voted down the arena, so the bureaucrats built it anyway, with the voters money. Now, they are giving Carolina Panthers $130 million of taxpayer money while the streets are full of potholes. Kind of like taking poor people's money to give Broyhill (Furniture Brands International)$4,000,000 of taxpayer money to cut out jobs. We need to start amputating the hands of persons stealing from the public treasury---right below the ears. That is what it will take to stop this madness.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Yet Mecklenburg Co., which has been run by the Commucrats for years, has a rate of 72.99 on the hundred and they've been claiming the same success as Caldwell Co. You see, it's politics 101, both parties are guilty, but unfortunately for Char/Meck, they've been experiencing "white flight" for the last several years. Surrounding counties, and especially York Co. in S.C., have seen a mass increase of white, middle class to wealthy families fleeing the extremely high taxes enforced by the liberals....and they claimed they didn't raise taxes as well.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
The wealthy in this country don't NEED any of these things either, they just WANT them. They can have muliples of all these things, some which may be rarely used, but that's okay, let's cut entitlements so we can have even more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alice Cooper and Motley Crue 3 hr Music man 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 6 hr Concerned Citizen 230
Help with Bad Landlord 6 hr Concerned Citizen 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... Tue Tony 6
Dog food and meds Tue ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) Tue Tim 235
Shadra Jeane Wilson Mon In need of some info 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000