“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35584 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You refer to the bible as if you believe it to be true. I consider the bible as religion.
The Christians who vote against gay marriage may not go to any church, yet they believe due to what the bible says, they must vote against gay marriage.
The bible was organized by religion. Thus it is organized religion.
The organized religion you are speaking of is not making up the fight against homosexuality out of thin air. It comes from the bible.
I think if your Jesus could have known the future, he would have addressed homosexuality. Now we cannot know if the organized religion that put the letters together that is now known as the bible omitted and destroyed anything that might have refered to gay marriage by Jesus or not. But that is organized religion for you. Just have blind faith in that organization.
I can't find any references to homosexuality by CHRIST.Therefore....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35585 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So if you will not speak up for the religous beliefs of the right wing, then do now whine about me bitching about it.
You remind me of the Muslims that would not speak to the attrocities of 9/11 and the religious connection. Cowards protecting their religion, IMHO.
Duquette, ya wanna go back to the insult game, i'm fine with that.As a matter of fact, I have a few doubts about your own"courage"there Ace.I've found that people who hurl insults from the safety of the old keyboard aren't exactly paragons of courage.You grok?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35586 Feb 11, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
While your actions may be noble they are not a solution to the underlying problem. The hungry child is a symptom to a bigger problem.
We've all heard the adage "give a man a fish, teach a man to fish". Well by today's standards this has changed to "give a man a fish and he will ask for tarter sauce and fries. Moreover, get a politician involved and he will declare all of these things to be among the recipients "basic rights".
Well TEW why don't you tell us what the bigger underlying problem is? If it is necessary for us to feed those in foriegn countries then do they too not have a bigger underlying problem? And if we can recognize their problem just why is it that we cannot recognize our own?

My opinion of your adage "give a man a fish, teach a man to fish." is this: By funding public education we are teaching men to fish, but once they have been taught their poles (jobs) are taken away (shipped over seas). How is a man to fish without a pole? Give the man back his pole or prepare yourself to divide your fish. Even if it means you fillet your minnow.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35587 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so now the fence sitting comes out to play.
If Texas has a vote on gay marriage, will you just not vote like Bacon?
Can you tell us why you do not support gay marriage? Is it due to your religious beliefs?
Ahh I get it! If i'm not for it, I must be against it? Call me what you will dude, I'm kind of a traditionalist about marriage, and yet, I was in fact not going to vote against gay marriage.However, after talking with you, I realize that I should go with my heart on this issue.I will now, In point of fact, vote against gay marriage.Thanks Mike! Looks like I was trying to please everyone, when I should have been trying to please myself! You actually helped me on this issue, for real.Maybe the only way to fight a fanatic like you, is to be a fanatic in my own right!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35588 Feb 11, 2013
Gotta do some chores Mike back in an hour, thanks again for helping me come to a decision on voting"no"to gay marriage!

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35589 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I don't"support"gay marriage folks.I just don't oppose it.
Do you support equal rights or just do not oppose it?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#35590 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it that republicans think all liberals are homosexuals?
Guess it is just another example of your poor ability to perceive reality as it is.
The same reason you think anyone who disagrees with you is a republican

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35591 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Ahh I get it! If i'm not for it, I must be against it? Call me what you will dude, I'm kind of a traditionalist about marriage, and yet, I was in fact not going to vote against gay marriage.However, after talking with you, I realize that I should go with my heart on this issue.I will now, In point of fact, vote against gay marriage.Thanks Mike! Looks like I was trying to please everyone, when I should have been trying to please myself! You actually helped me on this issue, for real.Maybe the only way to fight a fanatic like you, is to be a fanatic in my own right!
I did not accuse you of being against it, but I guess you interpretted it that way somehow and refused to turn the other cheek like your god suggested. In fact you went beyond an eye for an eye.
Why do you hate doing what your god suggests?
Face it, religion is a giant contradiction and thus its followers are giant contradictions.

So you are for traditional marriage, thus wish those who are homosexual cannot have the privilege of marriage due to your selfishness? Is this what you think your Jesus would want or is this what your selfish nature wants?

I am sure you will not answer these questions or at least most of them as you commonly run from the hard questions. It is as if your philosophy cannot stand the heat of debate.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35592 Feb 11, 2013
interpreted.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35593 Feb 11, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reason you think anyone who disagrees with you is a republican
I do not think Waco is a republican, and yet we are in disagreement. Wrong again Mr.republican.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35594 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Gotta do some chores Mike back in an hour, thanks again for helping me come to a decision on voting"no"to gay marriage!
As if the red, red, red state of Texas would ever vote for gay marriage. God and guns down there.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35595 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Ahh I get it! If i'm not for it, I must be against it? Call me what you will dude, I'm kind of a traditionalist about marriage, and yet, I was in fact not going to vote against gay marriage.However, after talking with you, I realize that I should go with my heart on this issue.I will now, In point of fact, vote against gay marriage.Thanks Mike! Looks like I was trying to please everyone, when I should have been trying to please myself! You actually helped me on this issue, for real.Maybe the only way to fight a fanatic like you, is to be a fanatic in my own right!
Going with your heart"? Why not use your brains instead?
I get that ones emotions may lead one to not wish for those unlike himself to have what he has, but our brains can overcome that animalistic emotion. This is what separates humans from other animals.
I get your bible does not explain this, as the lack of scientific knowledge they had may have prevented them from fully understanding this. It is not as if they were all knowing.

Now go vote with that hate in your heart.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35596 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
" I should have been trying to please myself!"
Of course this is what Jesus said, right? I cannot think of a more selfish statement as what you just made.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35597 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Duquette, ya wanna go back to the insult game, i'm fine with that.As a matter of fact, I have a few doubts about your own"courage"there Ace.I've found that people who hurl insults from the safety of the old keyboard aren't exactly paragons of courage.You grok?
That turning the other cheek attempt lasted zero minutes. Jesus would be so proud of you. Off to hell you go.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35598 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
If you are a traditionalist about marriage, does that mean you are for polygamy? Do you wait until marriage to have sex? Do you pay the father of the bride with goats to have her as your property?
Let me guess, you are on the fence?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35599 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not WHINING about anything dude.I'm not a"religious right"guy.Asking me what they think is like asking your accountant to fix your plumbing.
You believe in the same god, the same bible and now it looks like you are going to vote on the same side as them on gay marriage.
Can your post look anymore ironic at this moment? Now go take any eye for an eye somewhere you hypocrite.

I am just so glad you proved me correct.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35600 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
"Looks like I was trying to please everyone,".
Yes, and that is impossible to do. You are either going to help homosexuals have equal rights, or you are not.
You are either defending the superstition that the religious right supports, or are not.
In this case, you are supporting the superstition that leads the right wing to vote against gay marriage.

I should cut and paste this whole conversation as it is a perfect example of the problem with religion.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35601 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I can't find any references to homosexuality by CHRIST.Therefore....
I know Christianity more so than most Christians I know. Jesus never spoke of homosexuality.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35602 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You believe in the same god, the same bible and now it looks like you are going to vote on the same side as them on gay marriage.
Can your post look anymore ironic at this moment? Now go take any eye for an eye somewhere you hypocrite.
I am just so glad you proved me correct.
haaaa! I knew I could do it! Are you angry Mike? Better be careful you could have a stroke!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35603 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>
That turning the other cheek attempt lasted zero minutes. Jesus would be so proud of you. Off to hell you go.
You're killing me! You know,I went over my post, but I don't see where I called you any names.I'm a model of self-restraint!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 1 hr Pauly wallnuts 18
What happened to Catherine Bilkey - WSOC-TV? 2 hr roger dawabbit 5
May 2 Council to impose suffocating, depraved o... Sat ursogay david 3
Dog food heroin smack? Feb 27 Sunny 15
dog food near the arboretum Feb 27 Sunny 9
stolen car Feb 27 EMERSON HAYWOOD 1
Help me Find this song! Feb 26 toof teller 5
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?